IBM
4,512 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

Overall Great Company!!!
WW IT TRANSITION MANAGER, SOFTWARE GROUP (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 20, 2014
Pros: very talented and diverse network of professionals
Cons: overlapping demands from cross functional management
Challenging work environment where your only limits are those you set on yourself. You can become too involved and it WILL become your life; or you can learn to multitask, prioritize and carefully select your special assignments (lol).
Not a stable job but paid great
Project Management - Project Team Lead (Former Employee), homeOctober 20, 2014
Pros: worked from home
Cons: long hours
I worked from home so long hours. IBM management was not the best.
Help Desk Technician
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2014
Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware for the State Georgia.
• Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
• Walk customer through problem-solving process.
• Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been – more... resolved. – less
Great pay and benefits
Mainframe Operator (Former Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 16, 2014
IBM has great pay and benefits. I was surrounded by very professional co-workers that were supportive.
Productive and challenging work place
IT Specialist / EDI Programmer Analyst - On site (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 15, 2014
Pros: benefits were excellent
Worked for global shipping company. Spoke with EDI business associates from Europe, Asia, India, South America and USA.

Learned all systems related to the container system life cycle. My colleagues and I worked closely together to make sure that the client was successful in the system industry.
Team Lead (Former Employee), Salem, OROctober 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits, management, career advancement, pay
Cons: hours worked
My day was filled with training, coaching and answering questions for my employees, reviews, corrective action, listening to recorded calls together with my employees and occasionally my manager. Management was very supportive as well as most of my peers. The hardest part of this job was taking escalations as my employees didn't have a lot of them and – more... also corrective action. I enjoyed working with my employee at this job, my job was truly coaching and training and helping. – less
Perfect for learning opportunities.
Middleware Systems Management Specialist (Current Employee), Dubuque, IAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: a very fun workplace with good work life balance. peers are professional and good to work with.
Cons: too driven on quarter goals and making cuts to achieve them in light of long term strategy.
Pleasant working environment that allows flexibility. It's nice to work with engineers and talented people from all around the world. Learning opportunities allowing employees for education and self development. Very Innovative.
Great Place to Learn
Lenovo Brand Manager (Current Employee), Portland, OROctober 14, 2014
In correction to the profile I worked as the Brand Manager for IBM for a reseller called Zones. I managed the entire brand within Zones.
Professional
Plating Line Operator/Chemical Mix Operator (Former Employee), East Fishkill, NYOctober 14, 2014
Pros: professionalism throughout!
Cons: could compensate a little better for those without degrees.
Unbelievable level of professional attitude throughout! Real support for all employees regardless of title. Would not hesitate to return to work for IBM.
management is very good
Sr.Developer/Lead (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 13, 2014
The management is very good about listening and taking your interests into consideration when assigning projects and setting long-term career goals. It's refreshing to work in an environment where you feel like you're being heard and not merely treated like a number and we also make sure to balance it with happy hours, company picnics, free lunches – more... and fun – less
As a contractor, I was release due to budget cutbacks
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYOctober 12, 2014
Pros: work at home, easy commute
All in all IBM is fine to work at. They give you the tools to succeed and work with you to ensure success.
Huge company with a lot of opportunities
IT Architect, Security (Former Employee), Work at home 20% and Travel 80 %October 12, 2014
Huge company with a lot of opportunities. My experience was in consulting with is travel heavy, but there are traditional as well as work at home jobs.

For those who keep their skills marketable there are opportunities for advancement, but the company is notorious for layoffs and resource actions.
Fun place to work with pool table in the staff kitchen
Application developer (Current Employee), littleton, MAOctober 11, 2014
Working at IBM has been more than an opportunity for me and i have taken every opportunity given. My manager was the best boss that i have ever worked with. He also make my opinion matter when we take on our meetings. The most enjoying part of my job is that i can balance work with my personal life by joining the IBM soccer team.
IBM
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Rochester, MNOctober 11, 2014
Fun, easy to work atmosphere. Management was very easy to work for.
Great place to work with many resources available to help you succeed
Federal Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 10, 2014
Pros: flexible
I enjoyed the people I worked with most about IBM. Every one of my co-workers loved helping solve problems on a day-to-day basis. IBM also provides many resources to help any employee succeed in their specific role. However, in my specific role, it was sometimes difficult communicating with IBM contacts when only a few of them worked in the same office – more... as I did. Others in my division were spread all over the country. Leaping obstacles like this enabled me to enhance my communication skills in multiple ways; a skill that can be applied to any other job. – less
IBM is a good place to work
Software Developer (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 10, 2014
IBM is a good place to work. There is good career opportunities and the ability to initiate change.
My time at IBM and Lexmark was great. Lots of time spent working with many different people.
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: allways busy ; lots of work
Days being spent reviewing or creating quality plans, reviewing drawings with engineers, looking at PPAP's, CP / CPK data , doing gage R&R's, handling component inspection issues.
Very stresfull job to do while being a full time student
IT-Technician International Business Machine (Former Employee), 6300 Diagonal Highway Boulder, CO 80301October 9, 2014
Answering 40-50 calls a day about IT related issues along with how to question for a contracted firm. This job was great with poor management at the time. Very fast paced enviorment
Position was hindered by bad tools and processes and restrucuing in the US and GDF
Delivery Analyst, Mainframe (Former Employee), Boulder, CoOctober 9, 2014
Pros: was able to expand my knowledge. work with divers set of individuals.
Cons: quarterly layoffs or reviews, outsourcing of work
Typical Day would include numerous meetings with Team and Managment.
Retired after 33 years with IBM
Advanced Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee), Work at homeOctober 9, 2014
Pros: work at home, flexible work hours, health benefits, retirement benefits
Cons: off-shore support.
The company has changed over the past 33 years. The changes were necessary for competitiveness in the market place.

I lived in Atlanta and had an opportunity to experience many jobs within the company without having to move. The best part of the job were my co-workers, many who are now friends.

For the last 10 years I was a work at home employee, – more... which was a great benefit.

The hardest part of the job was having to use off-shore support personnel necessary to get the job done and to get IT support. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more