IBM

6.5K reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

Chaos
PMO Manager/Program and Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Changing Room
Cons: Chaos
Chaos - Very fast passed with management that does not know what they are doing. The on-the-floor people are good to work with though.
Productive place
Network Specialist (Current Employee), Saudi ArabiaAugust 23, 2015
Good learning environment
good management
But to grow your career there is no support internally.
No training provided nor improving skills. Everything learn by youself
Demanding environment, challenging and fast paced
Advisory Contract Specialist, IBM Software Group (Former Employee), Middletown, RIAugust 22, 2015
High level of confidentiality, fast paced and demanding position. Multitasking, high level of detail and organization required.
Good work environment
z/OS System Programmer (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 21, 2015
IBM as a whole is good company to work for to learn old an new technology. IBM provide tools to help their employees to progress in their field and new growth.
Executive Assistant, Contractor Manpower (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2015
Pros: working remote
Cons: none
Working with remote managers was great. I was able to do my job without being interrupted by people coming up to my desk. I managed many accounts that were on different levels and in different markets. I learned time management and how to prioritize.
Not the company it once was
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 20, 2015
Still a good company to have worked for, but IBM is no longer the great company with stellar product and service offerings it had.
Very productive environment, well defined support structure
Application Support (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Days were structured, benefits good, pay adequate
Cons: Hard to advance career, or change jobs.
The daily routine changed quite often, because of the nature of the job. Time was spent assisting users on the phone or responding to inquiries via email and chat applications. Most situation of the day would be solve during that day. Not much carryover into the following day.
Team oriented environment with great benefits.
Systems Administrator / Security Focal (Former Employee), Columbia, MOAugust 19, 2015
IBM provides a great work environment that has a heavy team focus. Team members quickly become close as they work in unison to achieve common goals. IBM also provides great benefits to its staff.
Great Company to Work for
Administrative Assistant Sr (Former Employee), BrazilAugust 18, 2015
Lots of opportunities to learn and grow as a professional. Good benefits. A lot of extra-hours monthly, but especially at the end of each quarter. Hard to get promoted
Good place to start and that's about it
SSR (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2015
Good place to work if you are looking for IT experience but basically that is it. I mean the benefits are great and the schedule is pretty nice most of the time. But after three years with no raise and no raise in sight and nowhere to move up from here it is time to move on.
Ever changing company with amazing people whom you could collaborate with.
Procurement Manger (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORAugust 18, 2015
A portion of a typical day would consist of meeting with the Executive team to discuss project timelines as it pertained to Procurement. Analyzing budgets, inventory, current and upcoming procurement request which is one part that of being a Procurement Manager I enjoyed. Work with the CFO to ensure that the Vendor contracts as well as service agreements have been met, budget updates and analytical review for upcoming quarters and or yearly capital expenses.
good
AIX/UNIX Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2015
Its great to work for IBM . great working experience in excellent environment friendly co workers learned a lot. experienced boss
Good place to work, management and work environment need to improve
Software Engineer interrn (Current Employee), Dublin OhAugust 17, 2015
Knowledgable and experienced co workers
No extra benefits to interns
No guarantee for full time even if u work hard are good
Interesting fast paced, remote work environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Very relaxed work environment and some work from home days.
I managed 13 executive calendars scheduling all meetings for them, sent important emails on their behalf as well as setting up teleconferencing details for them on a regular basis. I also arranged travel itineraries and transportation as well as dinner reservations so that they may take their executives and/or clients out to eat in a nice environment to get reacquainted or to establish a professional rapport. Management was relaxed as they would sit back to allow you to do your job while not interfering as the days were time sensitive and stressful mostly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feedback given to me by my executive clients as to how I had succeeded and how I may improve if at all for each personal executive. My co-workers were kind and of the same detail oriented mind and we got along wonderfully. The most difficult part of the job was having to let my clients know that I needed to leave to take care of myself medically. The most important thing that I learned was that even though I may not physically see my client the work could be done just as efficiently as if I were sitting directly outside of their offices.
I work as a Lead SQL DBA
Technical Team Lead (Current Employee), Denver, ColoradoAugust 17, 2015
I enjoy working as a DBA and interact with my clients and peers. Management has not much interaction with the team since they manage multiple accounts. It is the team Leads who run the show.
Great Place to work! Excellent Management. Friendly Coworkers
Project Manager - IBM Watson @ VHA (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits! Great people to work for.
Cons: Arbitrary layoffs but that is the way of the world these days.
Greatest Company in the World. I was fortunate to work for IBM for 27 years and had the time of my life. Very challenging work. Many jobs are work from home. IBM is on the cutting edge of technology.
Excellent place to start my career
Client Representative (Former Employee), Waltham, MAAugust 17, 2015
Excellent place to start my career. The sales training program was superb. The times were a little difficult because of he massive downsizing.
IBM GTS is not a place for work or career
Lead Unix/Linux Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Reston, VAAugust 17, 2015
There is no fun at work. It is all about SLAs and huddle calls. No career advancement. Only contractors are preferred over employees.
Good Tech Company to Learn From
Advisory Project Manager (Current Employee), Monroe LAAugust 16, 2015
IBM was a good experience that left me gain a ton of knowledge in virtualization, server deployments, decommissions, application migrations and upgrades and OS upgrades. Only downside is I had to move to Monroe LA since I was consulting for CenturyLink.
Great Experience
Program Manager (Former Employee), USAAugust 15, 2015
Great preview to what would become my career for the next 15 years. Have had great and not so great experiences with the company in the past few years.
Headquarters