IBM Employee Reviews

Found 4,732 reviews matching the search
A Dying Breed
Sr. Software Security Portfolio Executive (Former Employee) –  FLoridaFebruary 17, 2017
What a shame - if you know someone - then you may be protected for a while This place is a disaster - feel badly for the customer - people can't leave fast enough.
Pros
if you don't like something just wait it will change soon
Cons
too many to mention... pretty much everything
A very good place to learn.
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  INFebruary 17, 2017
IBM is such a company which gives everyone the opportunity to earn. Having worked for IBM for two years, I have gained considerable understanding of the working of the IT industry and have also technical skills.
No diversity, Management not organized, No Security
Senior Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 17, 2017
No diversity in teams and management too much work with lack of scope and budget, Delay in Releases s=due to uncertainity on team members list and Commitment from management.
Fun and nice workplace.
Oracle Data Loader / Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 17, 2017
I enjoyed working on a temporary project with IBM for about 4months. People were so nice and I technically learn a lot working with them.
Pros
Well known company
Cons
a company within the IBM company
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Working for Seterus which is a company within IBM that handles fannie mae loans with my position i had to bring delinquent accounts current and handle information as far as escrow accounts and so forth. The training was okay but really learned more when i got on the floor and spoke with customers and actually went through the accounts with them. The working environment was okay i just didnt like the moral standers of the company but i do now understand that it was due to trying to keep there account all current.
great place to work
Automations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 17, 2017
started in a stock room
moved to toolmaker apprenticeship and graduated
worked in development area building automation for industry.
Terrible Place to work in
Sr. Lead Storage Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2017
No job security at all. All jobs tends to be transferred off shores. Management is not organized and lots of confusion in the work place. Salaries are very low.
Great company culture
Account System Support Representative (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Excellent company to work for, great customer support, and pursuit of excellence.

Working for IBM is a life style; great employee benefits.
Pros
Security and growth
Cons
Pay is not the best in the industry.
Excellent company to work for however I had a hard time balancing job work/life balance
Assoc Sfw Developer, Senior Associate Developer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 16, 2017
Read software specifications, attend meetings with fellow developers of same functions to make sure we were all on track. Attend meetings with other developers from other functions to make sure we were on track. Unit, Function, System testing. Roll out product. Process change requests.
Pros
Great benefits and great technology
Cons
Professional and friendly place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAFebruary 16, 2017
Would analyze a customers request. Set up a job team. Set up the estimated time for tasks required. Put together a plan. Review the plan and expectations with the customer. Get approval from the customer to start work. Review progress on tasks with the team. Weekly meet with customer to update progress made. (Note - if anything noteworthy was going wrong with the plan, meet with customer immediately.) Send out written progress reports to management and customers.
Workplace Culture
Vice President, Sales-Mega Deal Maker (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 16, 2017
Great place to work. The workplace culture and environment reinforces the company's commitment to client service and excellence.
Productive work environment
Network Lab Support (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 15, 2017
I learned Redhat Linux.Culture was good.The job was enjoyable. The most enjoyable was I worked independent. The hardest part of the job was supporting individuals from other countries due to different time zones.
IBM Global Services division is restructuring and eliminating US jobs.
Data Center Relocation Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Commerce, MIFebruary 15, 2017
Difficult to complete project tasks because the global resources are not trained and experienced enough to do their job.
I loved the job
Receive Call/Call Handle (Dispatch) (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 15, 2017
It was always busy, never a dull moment.
This was my first call center job. I learned how to manage calls and dispatch techs
Management was always positive
Taking calls from international customers, sometimes a language barrier
I liked being busy
Pros
Great people/co-workers
A golden job
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYFebruary 15, 2017
IBM was the best job I ever had. I taught me the meaning of real team effort, how to schedule and work flow. Quality was truly built there from the ground up.
Pros
Good compensation, pleasant working environment
Cons
None that come to mind
Ibm - unix administrator
UNIX Systems administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2017
No recognition for hard work; no career advancement; constant layoffs. Resource action occurs every 3 months along with furlough days for contractors. This company does not care about it's employees.
Loved my job, sad to see the fall of an important company
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAFebruary 14, 2017
I worked for 2.5 years at IBM as a system administrator. I loved my job, but there is no job security at IBM anymore. The company is failing worldwide, and I find that very sad.
Pros
Free education, good benefits
Cons
Job insecurity
Times are changing
Agile Scrum Master / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 14, 2017
I worked remote for over a decade, working long hours and strange hours, managing world wide teams. I loved it. Times are changing. Most US employees are being asked to move to centralized locations in 6 cities in the US. Location is more important than skill set or experience. Great talent is being lost.. but it is an opportunity for others. I see both sides.. it is just a different company than it was.
Pros
Decent pay
Mostly good people
Consulting Enterprise Server Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2017
The best part of working at IBM is the people that you work with on a day to day basis. Benefits are good, 401K, medical, dental, and vision, along with employee stock purchase plan.
Overall good workplace
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILFebruary 13, 2017
IBM was overall a good place to work but there was not much opportunity for advancement. The managers were above-average and they offered quite a few small perks that helped to encourage us to meet our monthly goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

74%