IBM Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,882 reviews matching the search
very good work place. Love the company
Senior Analyst, Team Lead and Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2016
very good work place. Love the company, Is a great environment , Worked there for over 20 years, Got to do lots of traveling and meet good Co workers and managers were very respectful.
Good place to work, friendly and dedicated staff
Agile Coach (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2016
Good place to work, friendly and dedicated staff. Lots of material for professional development. Throughout my career at IBM I have had to opportunity to work in on large scale challenging project that have given me the ability to learn and grow professionally.
Pros
Benefits, Technology
Cons
N/A
enjoy
Liquidation Agent (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 17, 2016
I enjoy working with the people and also I enjoyed meeting new people over the phone. The most pleasure I received is the ability to help my customers.
Typical Day at work
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYMay 17, 2016
Manage teams working on SAP implementations or support. hands on on working on solutions, configuration, technical specifications, go live or go live support. These tasks are performed in team or F2F settings.
Not Watson's IBM anymore.
Service Availability Manager, IT (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 17, 2016
Work itself and life balance needs to be managed by yourself, but it can be done. The area of service delivery to clients is no longer a focus to grow.
Pros
The folks you work with are AWESOME.
Cons
Highest leadership doesn't value the service delivery arena
Great place to work.
Automotive Accounting Support (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 16, 2016
I enjoy the work that I do and the people I work with. I love that IBM allows us to work a lot from home. My work also requires some travel so I get to meet a lot of people and make new friends.
great
Customer Service Representative A/R (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2016
I loved the independence, working from home, and accountability. Loved my customers, loved making a difference when resolving their issues. In result get paid timely! To bad it was a long term supplemental contract.
Good work life Balance
Transition and Transformation Manager (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesMay 14, 2016
Good work life balance and hands-on work. Can learn many new technologies. People are very friendly and very co-operative.
Professional Opportunity
Project Management Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2016
IBM allowed me to travel and work in a professional environment across the nation. I developed strong skills and earned certification as a project manager. I spent the first several years representing IBM as a consultant for their clients. Traveling was difficult but the financial rewards helped off-set this sacrifice.
Pros
Experience and Income
Cons
Travel
Great work experience
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 13, 2016
Great company and culture to work for. I like the semi-flexible work hours and the company laptop they assign you is nice.

Want to know more about IBM?

Ask a question
free coffee
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 13, 2016
daily scrum meeting to update your working status.
Learn things you need
Co-workers are very friends.
The working environment is good. Everybody has a single office.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
it is very hard to get salary increased
Many opportunities to excel at IBM
Software Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 13, 2016
Working with companies helping them identify or work with business initiatives which will drive company growth. I enjoy helping companies identify a technology road map which meet a business driver.
Pros
Large client base
It was enjoyable, productive and motivating working experience.
general Operative (Former Employee) –  Ireland, NSMay 13, 2016
it is a was a interesting experience working with the company. The workers were very cooperative and productive. The company provide ever workers with necessary required continuous training that is needed to help them perform their job at a high standard , with the possibility of qualifying for promotion in the company. every worker are given equal opportunity for advancement in the workplace regardless of their racial background.

I really did not find any aspect of the job to be hard because what was required for me to know I was familiar with from in Jamaica. However my most enjoyable moments was when we had our break for supper we would sit and talk about our job and just enjoy each other company. I would love to work with the company again.
Pros
The company allow the worker to enjoy a little relax time as the supper break was not too short.
Cons
The company does not provide transportation or transpotation allowance for the workers.
Enjoyed working in IBM
iOS Developer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 13, 2016
The manager is really good. and team members are really good and efficient. they alway helps to improve knowledge. the project i did work was an enterprise level so other team member helped me to adapted quickly on the project.
Ibm
Second shift application analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 12, 2016
Working from home, monitoring and acting upon failed application jobs, problems with systems, helping clients do their work. The 36 years I worked on this account (19 with BellSouth, 11 EDS/HP, 6 IBM) have been for the most part a pleasure. Hardest part of the job was watching my co-workers get laid off a few at a time during EDS/HP tenure. Most enjoyable part was working to make 2nd shift as abend free as possible, streamlining job execution to prevent bottlenecks, abends and job schedule malfunctions
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Worning from home (missed the comradery of working together)
Good place to work with smart people
Tivoli Storage Management (TSM) Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 12, 2016
Working at IBM I was able to work with a lot of people with PHDs and from there I was able to learn a lot from very intelligent people. By working with brilliant minds I was able to learn how to be a better professional and IT guy all around. Most management will have your back if you are a good worker. Just an overall great place to work.
Pros
work with smart people
Cons
not all of them are smart
Sr. Web/UI Developer
Sr. Web/UI Developer (Former Employee) –  NJMay 11, 2016
• Worked directly with business analysts to ascertain requirements and defined projects plan documents.
• Designed dynamic and browser compatible webpage using web design techniques CSS, JavaScript and jQuery.
• Worked on both mobile's responsive web design and desktop pages.
• Created database tables and manipulated data using MySQL.
• Used JSON to store and access the data in a search pages.
• Developed modules to retrieve data using AJAX calls through jQuery method.
• Applied XML into transferring administration data to the back end.
• Validated the user input using jQuery validation plugin.
• Implemented a lightweight customizable jQuery plugin for styled appearance.
• Resolved Cross Browser Compatible Issues for different version of IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Opera.
• Tested and debugged code using IE tester, Chrome Inspector, Firebug, SafariWeb Inspector.
• Used Tortoise SVN as version control application to maintain the update.
• Involved in developing HTML and JavaScript for client side presentation and data validation on the client side with in the forms.
• Optimized images for web page display, and feature item slides using Adobe Photoshop.
• Maintained page layouts, navigation, presented designs and concepts to the clients and the managements to review.
• Cooperated with team members to conduct user research with strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Innovative place to work
Remote System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Remote from HomeMay 11, 2016
While there are numerous advantages inside this company it sometimes is fraught with challenges. Staffing decisions directed by earnings reports and Wall Street expectations.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
No long term career expectancy
A very great job
Inspector - Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 11, 2016
When you worked and when you went to lunch we had fun. We treated each other with respect and we found time to help out anywhere. I learned so many different jobs from inspection to leading a team with skills through out the plant. Management was the best I ever worked with before. My co-workers were fun and hard workers. Was not knowing any part of working with a big corp. that was the hardest part to be able to fit in. I worked hard with all co-workers-Management-other top manufacturing leads. I had the best time working with a group of people that helped me move up.
Pros
some free lunches -Christmas parties-overtime when needed
Cons
I did not see any for I worked with people like family.
Very good work environment and excellent work life balance
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILMay 10, 2016
A very good place to learn and grow. Working from home option is available which helps us to have an excellent work life balance.
Pros
Work from home option available