IBM Employee Reviews

Found 2,842 reviews matching the search
Atmosphere
Data Scientist (Former Employee) –  ParisJanuary 13, 2016
It was enjoyable to go to work. My collegues were warm and welcoming. The work was satisfying and I learnt a lot during my intersnhip there. Good company.
Some great people to work with
IT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoyed my coworkers and management. I learned about what system administrator work is and how it differs from software development.
Great learning environment because everything is always evolving
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2016
I like working at IBM but find that I work very long work weeks. The number of things expected of you as an employee is enormous and yet so much of it is interesting. The unfortunate part is that you sometimes get lost in your work because you love it and forget to have a life.
Pros
Interesting work, smart coworkers
Cons
long hours, always more to do
Productive and resourceful place
Team Leader/Senior developer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 12, 2016
A good place for a young person who just entered the IT industry.
IBM provides many resources for young people to learn and improve themselves.
Also a good life-work-balance.
Pros
Life work balance
Cons
Strict Management Style
about IBM
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2016
I like ibm ienjoy qworking for the company on only issue is that the benifits are not that great and my co- workers are amazing very friendly environment I would recommend lenovo and ibm
Fun place to work
Global Administration, Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 11, 2016
Fun place to work but limited advancement opportunities. Campus atmosphere was gloomy with gray hallways and energy saving lights in the hallways, creating a dark and empty atmosphere.
Professional company with good benefits
Advisory Engineer/Scientist Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 11, 2016
Professional company with good benefits.Professional co-workers make this company a good place to work.Benefits are above average.
Pros
healthcare
Working at a large enterprise
PureSystems Sales Executive, Integrated Accounts (Current Employee) –  Somers, NYJanuary 7, 2016
As a very large enterprise, IBM affords you an opportunity to experience a broad range of business roles without having to jump companies. The people in IBM are great to work with and learn from.
Great place to work. Everyone is very helpful
Procurement Quality / Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 6, 2016
I have interned here for the past 2 year and have learned a lot because everyone is very kind and helpful. The best thing about working here is there are so many people and different jobs so you can meet all of them and hear their stories while networking with all of them.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
big company
productive and very fun place to work
Field / Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2016
great chance to travel working with diverse accounts with different systems in different states and countries!!!!! it was best job ever
Pros
travel
Cons
outsourcing
Productive place to work
Firmware Test Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2016
Productive but job security is a issue.

Worked there for 20 years as a perm, spent the last 10 years working as a contractor.
AS400/Iseries callcenter support
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 6, 2016
Joined IBM in 1995 in the AS400 call center. Most of my career was working 3rd shift on site and from home. A typical day consisted of working with customers who were restoring systems or installing/upgrade. Learned how to work with anxious customers and take control. I did not see much management and did not interact with them much. Worked closely with co-workers for support on many different levels. The hardest part of the job was covering the vast amount of different call types. Finding help on certain type of calls was the hardest. The best part of the job was co-workers and the good interaction we seem to always have on issues.
Pros
Working with all types of customers, Good relations with co-workers, Job hours and days, Good benefits
Cons
Once we became global, Working with limited English speaking callers
travelling from site to site
System Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 5, 2016
Doing different job every day, opportunity to learn on wide scale, Great Management team, Fun and enjoying my time with my co-workers, hardest part of the job is the driving in rush hour and getting calls in the middle of night, most enjoyable resolving issue and getting compliments from management which motivate me to work harder.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
too much driving
Temporary Position
Technical Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2016
I was supervised virtually. No on-site management. The job was fairly simple, people would call in with problems, we had a script and data base to help resolve the problems.
Productive and sociable yet intense customer service
Accounting and Finance Specialist/ AR Department (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at work would be checking up on your emails from customers or supervisors, reading daily reports on assigned accounts, discovering financial issues and do intensive researching for multiple accounts, creating friendly and continuous customer relationships. The most enjoyable part of the job is keeping the customers happy and retrieving emails from them stating they enjoy working with you.
Pros
Cafeteria, fun events with employees
Cons
No vacation days
Very process driven when solutioning complex issues for client
Team Lead Desktop Services (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 3, 2016
The company is very process driven and looks to replicate its past successes with current client problems. This is both a benefit and restraint to client engagements.
Pros
Great sense of global connectivity
Cons
Long hours, management direction differs from region to region
Started this IT contracting/concultancy in 1983, over $100,000 gross annual revenue since 1985.
IT Architect/Consultant, Technical Team Lead. (Former Employee) –  100% travel to customer work sites weekly.January 2, 2016
hiatus from own consultancy for IBM position 2000-07,
downsized at beginning of economic recession in Aug 2007, even though I was billable on contract with Aetna, and Aetna wanted to keep me on thru year-end. keep me. Not only was I unemployed for several months in the early recession, but my IBM stock (retirement funding) decreased in value by half and I had to draw from it to supplement unemployment.
Fly out to customer work-site on Monday morning (State Farm, Bloomington, IL 2001-03), Technical/Team Lead/Project Coordinator for 16 IBM FTEs database/system development team, integrating with customer business analysts. Fly home to Richmond, VA on Thu night or Fri noon. Enjoyed working with the very professional IBM development team, communicated well with the customer business team, but had difficulty reaching practical, workable business/ technology compromises in technical development.
Pros
Working with highly competent IBM technical team.
Cons
Working with business analysts who were relatively uninitiated in practical technology solutions.
They had gym on-site and I loved it.
Mechanical Assembler and Test Operator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 30, 2015
I had learned how to build the Tape Driver unit for the Library Storage. The people there were very nice and helpful and I loved working with them.
Team is enjoyable, work life is a different story
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Littleton, MADecember 30, 2015
My team is very enjoyable and fun to work with. Everyone is interactive, outgoing, willing to get together outside of work. Knows when to have fun but also when to buckle down. Have not found all teams to be like this. The product I am working on is old and outdated, hard to find motivation to want to continuously improve it everyday especially with how upper management seems to leave details vague sometimes.
To sum it all IBM is a great company to work for.
Sr.Linux / Unix System Administrator (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDDecember 29, 2015
on a typical work day, I would review logs, account provisioning, system monitoring, , software installation, application configuration management, access control, file backups, volume management, maintained system services, system maintenance, edit scripts to match, changes made on some configuration files. etc.
I learned that team work brings good success, A great place to work with a lot of smart people. co-workers are friendly and welcoming. the hardest part of the job is to troubleshoot a technical issue that impacts the environment. Where as the best part of the job is the fact that you have to always learning something new that wows your mind because technology evolves daily.