IBM
6,259 reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

Good company
TPC Level 2 Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 15, 2015
Great company.
Worked over 14 years, rewarding, and enjoyable years at IBM. The company is great to work for, with many opportunities.
Application Developer
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Colubmbus OHJuly 14, 2015
- Can work on most of the programming language .
- learned reporting ,integration , design ,development ,testing .
- Nothing is hardest as far as work is concern.
- Enjoy working.
fun hard work
Programmer Specialist (Former Employee), Boulder, COJuly 14, 2015
Pros: free beer, piza
Cons: too much travel, fast schedules
I wrote diagnostics that ran on a pc during power on or in other words PON tests. I did have to travel the world and found that hectic and scary at times
Make sure client is happy
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2015
Client satisfaction is our goal
My team makes sure all our efforts and hard work is to accomplish that task at hand, plan for he future and makes sure all the clients needs are accomplished on a timely fashion and exceed thier (clients) expectations.
Working at IBM
Desktop Support Technician II (Current Employee), Whitehouse Station, NJJuly 13, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: n/a
Is a good place to start but company doesn't offer any advantages since they only have you or keep you as supplemental to become permanent is very hard.
NIce Place to Work
Associate Systems Programmer (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: None really
1. Nice surroundings.
2. Teaching methods.
3. Management was very open to my suggestions.
4. My co-workers were very cordial.
5. The job was really enjoyable.
6. Results of my efforts.
great place to work would have retired from there had a layoff not occured after 20 years
WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT, GLOBAL SERVICES (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: everything positive...really cared about their employees
Cons: being laid off
Worked there for 20 years and held many positions from warehouse employee to enginering change analyst to network computer associate to workforce management running a call center both internal and external. Loved every job I had while at IBM and would have retired from there had a layoff not occurred after 20 years.
A great ride
Business Partner / Program Manager (Former Employee), Boulder, COJuly 13, 2015
I enjoyed my 12+ years at IBM and was sad to leave. My co-workers were top-notch, the work challenging and rewarding... a great combination!
Love to work with the company
Application Developer (Current Employee), Syaracuse NYJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Nice place to work
Cons: n/a
Lot of scope to learn and grow. Good management. Learned leader ship skills and business analyst skills. Friendly co-workers at work
Good Pay
Senior Management Consultant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2015
The pay is very good but the work culture and management of the company isn't like a consulting company and I think that may have to do with the company hardware.sales past.
Excellent company to work for
Project Management (Former Employee), Raleigh-Durham, NCJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Many opportunities, organized, rewarding
Cons: Too big
Worked over 14 challenging, rewarding, and enjoyable years at IBM. The company is great to work for, with many opportunities.
There is no work culture
IT Specialist AIX/UNIX/Windows (Current Employee), Boulder, COJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Work Life Balance is very good
Cons: Salary increase and Bonus's are virtually non-existent
IBM gave me my start, I appreciate that, however over the past 5-6 years there has been a lack of interest from the upper management to create a healthy work culture and a sense of appreciation for thier employees.
Flexible work environment
Software Engineer- Netezza Release Engineering (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSJuly 10, 2015
Pros: very flexible
Cons: poor managirial direction
very flexible, easy to work with team members. Most of the time enjoy coming to work everyday. Ability to work from home or away from the office when needed is very nice.
IBM is a great company to work for but seterus is a hostile enviroment
Call center collections agent (Former Employee), Salem, ORJuly 9, 2015
IBM is a great company but I worked for seterus contracted through IBM I based my reviews on IBM/ Seterus. IBM is great to work for but Seterus is a very hostile work environment that causes great stress upper management views employees as robots and are replicable. Very bad workplace culture.
Team Players and hard workers
Senior Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 9, 2015
Great place to work back about 40 years ago...where did IBM go? The co-workers were great, management was always communicating great ideas and keeping everyone on schedule. I loved working for IBM.
Great Place to Learn
Leader Transformation Team (Project Manager) (Former Employee), PiscatawayJuly 9, 2015
Pros: mentoring available
Cons: shrinking contract margins
Worked with the best of the best, consummate professionals and brilliant thought leaders. My peers & management were well versed in current business and technology trends. We were required to train at least 40 hrs per year with 24 of those hours being focused around process methods and tools which help keep us well informed.
Great Job!
Mortgage IT Specialist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Grounds! Nice park, basketball court and work out area
Cons: traffic!
I loved IBM
it was a great place to work great enviorment!!
there are so many ways you can move up!! Always awesome opportunities, I would have stayed if I didnt move to Charlotte!
High Pressure, Lacking Staff, Low Payout
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits (Health, 401K, etc)
Cons: Unrealistic expectations
Due to the high expectations and low compensation, most decent employees quickly find other employment. Extremely hectic, bureaucratic environment, with each department silo-ed and unwilling or incapable of assisting others.
IBM
Network/Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Challenge never the same, variety of co-workers, access to learning materials to further Knowledge persuit
Cons: Positions at IBM are mostly Contract and rarely last more than 10 months
IBM's greatest asset is that there is no such thing as an average or typical situation. The rapid intense projects are lead by management which, trust and support on an equal level. IBM's diversity of large scale clients present a wealth of unique and challenging puzzles to solve. The variety is the challenge and most enjoyable part of the position. From the varied environment to the varied issues I felt like a thoroughbred horse that had been forced to trot that had finally been allowed to run at full strength.
Interesting and satisfying.
Contractor Design Engineer (Former Employee), Yorktown, NYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Group holiday and hard work luncheons
Cons: Contractors didn't receive and perks other than listed
Work at IBM Research was as a contractor Design Engineer doing semi-conductor tool installs in laboratories. Some specialized tooling components, and support equipment.

Typical day was always out of the gate.

Management was demanding and fair. Internal customers were appreciative with the tool installs as well as the safety and industrial
hygiene groups.

Co-workers were always professional as were the trades people I worked with.

The hardest part was to satisfy all parties involved with the tool and ownership.

I placed eleven full years of my career there as a contractor.

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more

IBM Salaries