IBM
5,507 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

Large Corporation, does not always see the small picture
Patching & Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Scarborough, MEMarch 15, 2015
Pros: work from home, good corporate culture, great benefits
Cons: poor corporate decision making when dealing with clients and employees.
Enjoyed working with IBM. Great company with a lot of great benefits. It was very nice to be able to work from home and successfully complete all of my tasks. Only drawback is that they sometimes only see the forest and not the trees.
WW Partner Responsibilities
Sr. SOLUTIONS RELATIONSHIP MANAGER -- Executive (Former Employee), san jose, çaMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great target bonus, 401k, healthcare
A typical work day consists of growing partner sales, build ISV alliances, and solve customer critical situations.

Ability to lead multiple teams across the ISV portfolio
IBM
Matching Gift Program Team Lead (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 15, 2015
My years at IBM were mostly upbeat. My job from 1988 was in the Community Relations area where all of the philanthropy work was compiled. From 1994 when I transferred to NC I was the Team Lead for Matching Grants and the hardest part was trying to explain my job
to a totally different mind set of corporate knowledge. The rules we followed were basically IRS guidelines and we had a payout annually of 20Million which was a huge tax deduction for the company. This became increasingly difficult for my team of wonderful co-workers but we were all dedicated to the end result which was making sure all of the needy organizations received their donations from IBM. It made everything okay, because at the end of every day I left feeling good about the fact that what I did that day would benefit a child, an animal of a person in need.
Excellent Company to work with
Managing Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: not placing right people on right job.
IBM is a good company to work with. provide variety of exposure to learn and earn experience in multiple areas. Due to its size you are lost but processes are strong enough to support you in all areas of work.
Able to work from home
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Armonk, NY - Work-from-homeMarch 14, 2015
IBM supported a productive work-from-home environment. I am able to perform the job with the same access I would have from the onsite office.
Challenging with ease
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), VAMarch 14, 2015
Structure was there from the beginning to move upward thus it was very motivating to work there.
Day to day activity of government projects is challenging but with proper guidance and help, the job was less stressful.
Great work environment with diverse and talented employees
IT Technician (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 14, 2015
I worked in the warehouse and PC Store, and learned how to troubleshoot and professionally interact with employees. I handled laptop shipments and deployments, and managed inventory. My two managers were extremely helpful and gave me the tools to be successful at my job. Myself and two other college co-workers led a team of high school interns over the course of the summer, exposing them to real world work experience, and teaching them how to contribute to the warehouse. I looked forward to going to work 5 days a week, and welcomed all tasks that came my way.
Good place to work.
SAP Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: less pay compared to compitators
Good Place to work.
Growth in career.
Work life balance.
Good career opportunities to employees.
Joyful work environment
No Transformation
Anonymous (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good salary, able to work at home, good communication tools globally
Cons: low flexibility, 24/7 expected work weeks though work life balance is pushed, no mentoring opportunities
Long hours. Expected to work 24/7. Most difficult part of the job is not having the support from management and mentoring. Co-workers were a big plus....everyone was enjoyable to work with.
IT Industry
Systems Administrator, QA (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2015
I have been in the company since 2009, strong company and solid methodologies.This has been a telecommuting position requiring me to coordinate with a team in India."
Company Review
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 12, 2015
Pros: reputation
Cons: challenging goals
*A typical day at work was sharing with clients how your solution would provide benefits that they had not considered.
* I learned the founders belief of "THINK" which when applied often was contagious.
*Management was trained well and it was evident in the organizations operation,
*Co-workers generally work as a unit to accomplish key iniiatives.
*The hardest part of the Job was convincing clients to do business in a very competitive environment.
*The most enjoyable part of the job was offering solutions to impactful business challenges.
Good benefits
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good pay, great benefits
Cons: imy job was terminated when i tried to return to work after a mva .
I liked working at IBM. The job was easy and I was able to work at my own pace. I was not pressured nor criticized about my work. I worked with some very nice people and the pay was very good.
Customer Fulfillment Administrator (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMarch 11, 2015
Pros: our supervisor would take us across the street for milkshakes on break
Sterling Commerce was a great place to work for. They sold to IBM and IBM did all their billing overseas. Every day was a different day with different challenges. I mostly liked working with the people. We all did our work and helped each other when needed.
Emplyee-centric
Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Hopewell Junction New YorkMarch 10, 2015
Pros: a wonderful management style
Cons: i wish i could still be working for them.
IBM was always employee -centric. They understood the benefits of a content working staff and they worked diligently to ensure the employees were well trained, well treated and well paid.
Great place to grow mindset for other cultures and intelligence
Resource Management Specialist (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAMarch 10, 2015
Great opportunity to grow yourself and broaden your mindset for other cultures and capacity of human intelligence applied through technology and solutions
Excellent company and people.
Contractor (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 10, 2015
Prior to being sold IBM UK Ltd at Havant was an excellent place to work. Interaction with sister sites in the US led to a 2year assignment in New York.
Hardest part of the job was leaving it to move to the United States on a permanent basis.
The cooperation across various manufacturing and engineering teams was excellent and making sure that products were built/shipped on time was the priority of all teams involved.
Expanding my knowledge of the Mfg processes and learning new skills plus the assignment to the US were the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Positive working environment
De-branding Tech (Former Employee), texas city, texasMarch 9, 2015
We were put into groups of two to three every morning and then given an assignment to complete for that particular day. We learned how to work with customers and what was expected of us in regards to our job duties. The management as well as my co workers were all team players which made the job duties go very smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with new groups and new job assignments.
What I have learned
Director Public Sector marketing World Trade (Former Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 8, 2015
Pros: challenging work goals
Cons: excessie travel
My position provided me with the opportunity to travel to many countries thereby giving me a better understanding of world issues and attitudes.

I also learned how to manage a large number of personnel from a large number of countries who have different attitudes and needs.
Team oriented
Windows System Administrator (Current Employee), Dubuque, IAMarch 8, 2015
Team oriented company with a focus on collaboration. Mentoring options. Diverse workplace with the ability to meet and work with people from around the world.
Wouldn't leave if I didn't have to
Managing Consultant (Current Employee), miami, flMarch 6, 2015
Unfortunately, 100% travel is no longer an option for myself and am looking for opportunities closer to home.
Otherwise, I would recommend working here for the experiences that are available.

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more

IBM Salaries