IBM Employee Reviews

Found 4,739 reviews matching the search
I loved the job
Receive Call/Call Handle (Dispatch) (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 15, 2017
It was always busy, never a dull moment.
This was my first call center job. I learned how to manage calls and dispatch techs
Management was always positive
Taking calls from international customers, sometimes a language barrier
I liked being busy
Pros
Great people/co-workers
A golden job
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYFebruary 15, 2017
IBM was the best job I ever had. I taught me the meaning of real team effort, how to schedule and work flow. Quality was truly built there from the ground up.
Pros
Good compensation, pleasant working environment
Cons
None that come to mind
Ibm - unix administrator
UNIX Systems administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2017
No recognition for hard work; no career advancement; constant layoffs. Resource action occurs every 3 months along with furlough days for contractors. This company does not care about it's employees.
Loved my job, sad to see the fall of an important company
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAFebruary 14, 2017
I worked for 2.5 years at IBM as a system administrator. I loved my job, but there is no job security at IBM anymore. The company is failing worldwide, and I find that very sad.
Pros
Free education, good benefits
Cons
Job insecurity
Times are changing
Agile Scrum Master / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 14, 2017
I worked remote for over a decade, working long hours and strange hours, managing world wide teams. I loved it. Times are changing. Most US employees are being asked to move to centralized locations in 6 cities in the US. Location is more important than skill set or experience. Great talent is being lost.. but it is an opportunity for others. I see both sides.. it is just a different company than it was.
Pros
Decent pay
Mostly good people
Consulting Enterprise Server Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2017
The best part of working at IBM is the people that you work with on a day to day basis. Benefits are good, 401K, medical, dental, and vision, along with employee stock purchase plan.
Overall good workplace
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILFebruary 13, 2017
IBM was overall a good place to work but there was not much opportunity for advancement. The managers were above-average and they offered quite a few small perks that helped to encourage us to meet our monthly goals.
How the mighty have fallen
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2017
While IBM was once a company to aspire to, now it is just a dinosaur trying to stay relevant . The stock is at an all time high but it is all smoke and mirrors. 19 quarters of revenue loss really tells the story. The only thing it has going for it was the work life balance but they are eliminating any work from home or summer hours. The management is not smart and there is no career development.
They are trying to hire younger workers but I would say beware!
Pros
The brand gets you other interviews
Cons
Everything else
I loved working for this company.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2017
IBM was a great company and I held a wonderful position. The experience was amazing and I still utilize the skills that I learned. Managing a group of individuals that are eager and willing to take directions to help others is a great feeling.
Decent company to work for; access to lots of resources within IBM
Business Systems Analyst / Application Support (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Overall, a nice company to work for, but it is ultimately your responsibility to manage your career while working there. Don't take it for granted that your management team really knows and understands what you do there day to day. You should strive to proactively 'make yourself visible' to your management chain on a regular basis to ensure that they understand the value you bring to the table.
Pros
Access to lots of state of the art technology and training materials.

Want to know more about IBM?

Ask a question
No comment
Lead Recruiter at Travelport (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2017
I do not have any commentary at this time.

I was not there long enough to provide more detail.

No additional info to provide. I am typing to adhere to the character limit.
IBM Review
Advisory Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeFebruary 12, 2017
Typical Day at work: start work, scrum meeting, technical meeting/Department Meeting (once a week)
I learned standard business process in IBM. In the
same time, I learned how to develop standard software.
very nice co-workers
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAFebruary 12, 2017
great benefits
great compensation
learning experience
dedicated team to work with on a daily basis
company treats you like family
new projects to work on every quarter
Government Contractor
Document Control Desk (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the option to telework during instances when the government building was closed due to inclement weather. We also had the opportunity to take IBM training.
Fast paced environment requiring regular work load prioritization.
SAP Finance / Systems Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYFebruary 10, 2017
The work environment was very fast paced. Learning, implementing, and sharing new skills became a part of the success of this environment. Collaboration between team members and organizations is key to the success of the work environment and culture.
good
UNIX System Administrator / UNIX System Programmer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 10, 2017
Good company, great people, learned a lot while working at IBM. Gain a lot experience in the IT support field. Good people
good
Great company!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 10, 2017
Able to succeed within the company over a period of 20 years. Multiple Transfers state to state. Benefits and opportunities were top shelf. Enjoyed my 20 years with this company
It was a good experience
Payroll Administrator/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Budapest, MOFebruary 9, 2017
Working in IBM was a good experience for me ; i joined IBM ISSC Hungary when i was a student and i learned things and now i am a full time employee after i gradutaed and took my Msc in applied Mathematics
Educational
TECHNICAL ACCOUNT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2017
Working at IBM provided the computer skills that would launch my young career that progressed to management. The work was challenging and there were always new things to learn from others.
Excellent Company
Retired Engineer/Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 9, 2017
I spent my entire working career with IBM. I have nothing but praise for the experience. IBM is a dynamic and exciting company to work for with excellent salary and benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

74%