6,051 reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

Productivity, Quality and Quantity
Sr. Tech (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJune 11, 2015
Testing and Repair Main Frame of Server Board.
Productivity, Quality and Quantity.
Less Management.
Co-worker are friendly
Chief Operating Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FlJune 11, 2015
This job introduced me to the world of computers using programs such as internet, excel, and word. Those days I didn't understand why the computer was so popular and didn't know how the programs/systems helped individuals at home, in other words had to ask a lot of question to see if I wanted things services like internet.
Not Good
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Professional Development
Cons: Management - Extremely Top Heavy
Don't work here in the present or immediate future. It is EXTREMELY top heavy and its core workers bear the burden of practically ALL the work. To meet impossible shareholder promises made during a very different corporate world, culture, and economy- management has GUTTED EVERYTHING to save their jobs. Big Blue is quickly moving to Circuit Cities end...
IBM is a very good company for growth and learning.
Oracle Database Administrator/Architect (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 10, 2015
IBM is one of the BEST company for software developers. If you want to learn new technologies then this is the best place for you.
No comment
Application Development Specialist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 10, 2015
I enjoyed the people. I did not enjoy the type of work I did. I had to travel 100 per cent even though I was hired for 30 per cent. Traveling is tough, especially if you value family time.
Learned to work under extreme pressure
Identity and Access Security Specialist (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Good benefits. pleasant work environment.
Cons: high pressure with constant daily/monthly/quarterly deadlines.
mostly formatted spreadsheet files with security related data coming from multiple servers.

learned to pay extreme attention to detail.

the management was second to none. just simply awesome.

co-workers all willing to assist with anything. very easy to get along with.

hardest part of the job was go through the constant internal audits.

the most enjoyable part of the the job was working together as a team. mostly everything depended on team effort.
good company to work for
Release Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, MN and Raleigh-Durham, NCJune 8, 2015
I enjoyed the time that I worked at IBM. It is great company. good life work balance. great leadership opportunities. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for career development.
Co-Workers
Sr. SAP EDI Project Manager Engineer (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 8, 2015
- Worked on GIS System for DVS
- Healthcare
- Management overall was good
- enjoyed my co-workers great group
- Working with home grown systems not documented
- Learning new technology
Worked at client site - Express Scripts
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, New JerseyJune 8, 2015
Pros: Able to work from home
Cons: Client had layoffs due to lack of work
Express Scripts in Franklin Lakes, great place to work, close to home, can connect and work from home. Layoffs occurred due to the fact that funding for June projects were not approved by management.
Nothing at all. They talk a big talk but terrible work balance area.
Basis Administrator / NetWeaver Administrator (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Stress
A company to build your skills and leave them. They don't appreciate you.

They are not in touch with reality at the lower levels of the trenches.They look to squeeze you and pay you as little as possible. A very bad place but there are worse places.
Sr. SAP BI Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2015
Pros: Onsite
Cons: less compaensation
Good Culture and lot of learning opportunities. Best company for onsite chanes.
Big teams and huge projects. Excellent work experience.
It good to work like this companies in life time.
It was a great entry level job
Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Southbury, CTJune 8, 2015
I loved the people I worked with which made my time at IBM so much better. it was a scary post recession environment with 0 pay increases but I stayed because I was happy with the overall work experience. I left because it was time for me to move on and move up.
Awesome benefits
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAJune 7, 2015
- Best benefits I've ever seen
- Opportunities abound for continued learning
- Challenging work allows for professional and personal growth
Nice place to work for some
Senior Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Boulder, COJune 6, 2015
The boulder site was a very interesting place to work the technology was good and there was good training facilities. This is one of the companies that makes America one of the greatest countries in the world, its amazing. However, they were very unfair when it came to giving promotions. they are some good fair managers however most of them in my opinion think black africans are supposed to be their servants and high positions are for whites only. I think this is the case all over the world until we build our own civilization I guess we will have to go through this. I wouldn't recommend this site for young africans trying to build a career in IT however it can give you the skills to get your foot in the door at another location that is friendlier and accommodating to africans thats if there is one. Its a lot better than most of the places I've worked at but coming here in an open mindset will lead to disappointment.
Good work life balance
Executive Administrative Assistant /Legal (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJune 6, 2015
It was a great company to work for with excellent benefits and good recognition program. Management was always available and open door policy was always there.
Test Lead (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 5, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: none
Good place to work and good co-workers. Easily reachable managers. Give multiple job opportunities. They have branches across the world. Leading in innovation and technology
Great Place to Learn
Employee at CNA (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 5, 2015
All my coworkers were helpful and fun to work with. the project was a bit wild, but the managment team and us techs did a good job of working with what we were dealt. by the time the project ended the ticket que was back down to normal levels.
IBM of old is NOT IBM of new
Project Manager (Former Employee), MissouriJune 5, 2015
Pros: looks nice on resume
Cons: healthcare and mid to low range pay depending on your location
Back in the day, Big Blue was amazing, from culture to benefits...not so much now days. Exactly why i left. I believe the 2015 layoffs speak to the change in culture. Not very good Ms. CEO. :(
IBM has a strong culture that is built around reinvention. Learning is integral to that and Think Academy is a great way to learn.
Global Program Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 5, 2015
Pros: Learning, Opportunities, Global, Benefits
Cons: Pay, long hours
Work at IBM is never boring. It is constantly changing and evolving. The company is always in Beta, every changing and responding to the technology and advancements that are happening very quickly. The company is very large and is only a good place to work if you are confident in your skills, are proactive in pursing your career goals, and are willing to work long hours to not only do the job, but often times to learn the new skills required to do it at the same time.
Consultant (Former Employee), Fremont,CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Culture
Cons: None
The best company culture that I ever experienced. The management was very supportive and encouraged advancement. Very disappointed that was were outsourced.

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more

IBM Salaries