IBM
5,092 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

As a Team lead responsible for Analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of customized solutions for new implementations and upgrades.
Advisory System Analyst (Current Employee), Sacramento CaliforniaJanuary 15, 2015
• Function as technical team lead for Microsoft technology applications.
• Directly engaged with customer for requirement gathering and converting them into technical solutions.
• Design the solution and document them into various architecture artifacts like Technical Solution Document (TSD), System Context, Operation Model, and Process Flow Diagrams.
• Coordinated with multiple teams for procurement and building of new infrastructures – IBM GTS, Xerox, and CGI.
• Responsible for managing scope, planning, tracking, change control aspects of the projects. Used different tools like SharePoint, RAIL log
• Involved in coding of the complex modules, code reviews, performance enhancement and ensuring the code quality
• Phase wise development of the modules from the team
• Documented the process flow diagrams for the legacy applications and identifying the areas for improvements.
• Resource allocation, task allocation & review, monitor progress, providing technical guidance to the team and system review
• Work with the QA team, module / functionality wise bug analysis. Ensure timely delivery and deployment of the system
• Setting up processes for managing Production Support activities
• Training new team members
Good Place to Work
QA manager (Current Employee), Denver CoJanuary 14, 2015
Nice place to work with flexibility and opportunities to learn lot. Compensation wise not a good company.
Productive, Ensure database security
Database Administrator (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: treated as non contractor
Cons: less benefits
Ensure database is secured.
The importance of maintaining database security.
Management provides necessary tools to make work easy.
Co-workers are great to work with.
Inability to allocate resources efficiently
Ability to Oracle Resource Manager to specify how much resources need to go to the various consumer groups
Produtive and fun atmosphire
Senior Lab Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Worked on the Memory Team. I was part of the STRESS Team.
My job was to test and find failures.
Typical corporate giant.
Advance Customer Fulfillment Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
You really have to be disciplined to work here. There is no coaching and you learn how well you are doing during the end of year assessment.Plenty of training courses to choose from.
IBM was a good Employer.
Production Maintenance (Former Employee), Lexington, KyJanuary 11, 2015
IBM gave me the Education and Training I have today. While I was employed there I received a Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering.
Worked from home for the last 6 years.
Information Security Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: allowed me to work from home!
Cons: 401k, health plan, bonus
I was grandfather over to IBM via of Cendant/Travelport due to the fact that Cendant contracted IBM to do our security work, and IBM needed 6 of us from the security team to do the work. After signing on to IBM they put a small clause in the contract stating that if we were employed longer than 2 years with IBM, on the event of being laid off due to being outsourced, we would only be granted the IBM seniority. So when that happened, I only received 6 years severance opposed to 22 years of grandfathered seniority. Long story short, I got screwed in the end!
IBM has been up and down - dealing with big changes now
Senior Strategist (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: good overall management, fairly strong executive leaders
Cons: shortsighted in invested in certain areas, late to market on cloud
I've been with IBM for many years and have seen a lot of ups and downs; the challenges IBM is facing now are the most substantial I have seen since the 1990's when Lou Gerstner was the CEO and kept the company from being split up, but also got IBM on the path to both services and software focus. IBM has been late getting on the shift to Cloud but is making good progress now. As IBM adopts its new divisional makeup we'll see how good a job it does maintaining employee morale. Over the years I've seen IBM go from being a very special, more "paternalistic" employer that clearly cared much for its employees to just an "average" company in this regard. This was accompanied by reduction in various benefits and amenities. It has been a sad and unfortunate path, but it was probably necessary in order to stay competitive.
Not upto the mark, still need lot of changes
Project Lead (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 8, 2015
1. The work life balance is very good
2. Company culture is good however there are groups formed which at time creates issues
3. Management is not very transparent nor much helpful for the growth
already wrota a review.
Production Operator/Novellius Qualifier (Current Employee), Essex Junction, VTJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: independent work enviroment. long breaks
Cons: hours
Was great job just didn't like the hours and there wasn't much offered for promotions. The job was great for teaching me a different type of technology and to be independent.
I made great business development with IBM created $250 million.
Account Manager Advanced (Former Employee), Fishkill, New YorkJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: i had great relationships with ibm peoples, r&d, and procurement.
Cons: i liked to be the most advanced technology related business.
I have made great business development from zero to $250million.
I sold PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) to IBM and IBM consortium that can be used for the most advanced Metal Gate process for the most recent semiconductor basic components.
I have made successful relationship and made sales to IBM, then all IBM consortium members, Toshiba, SONY, GlobalFoundries, Samsung bought same equipment from my company, The total business with the were counted $250 million.
After all those success, I was asked to join to Solid State Equipment Company for the business development to Japan and Korea, then I Joined SSEC.
Good company for learning
Lithography Process Development Engineer (Current Employee), Hopewell Junction, NYJanuary 6, 2015
IBM provides much opportunity to work on different projects in semiconductor R&D. Work culture is great. A lot friendly and smart engineers and scientists around.
I learned much about semiconductor fundamentals and fabrication processes, as well as product development activities.
Productive, fun, and family oriented workplace
Application Development Specialist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 6, 2015
- great sr. leadrship
- great work environment
- the managers are understandable and work with their employees
- everyone is willing to lend a helping hand
- I enjoy being able to travel to different parts of the United States and world
Great Place
Customer Service Help Desk IT Rep (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAJanuary 6, 2015
Handling a large volume of inbound calls and inquiries
Problem-solved PC issues with State of Georgia Employees by troubleshooting, helping diagnose with password issues, Server hardware/software ect,
Assisting local and remote staff with technical problems
Assisting in programing operating system from Windows7, (Sog) State of Georgia Outlook Email
Receiving “outstanding” rating on performance reviews each month, with top marks in teamwork, customer service, communication skills and technical problem-solving
Intelligent secure work environment
SAS Applications Consultant and AF/SCL Developer (Former Employee), San Jose, CaliforniaJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: professionals, challenging work, scientific accomplishments
Cons: none really
The staff was highly educated and treated well. It was a joy to go to work every day. Everyone seemed helpful and professional. The work was challenging and rewarding.
IBM
Hardware Test Engineer (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Poor morale and a great deal of apathy prior to x-series divestiture.
workplace
Consultant-US Federal Public Sector (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2015
Overall decent company to work for. There are times where the work is overwhelming but the pay is decent. Benefits are good. I feel as if there is no extra time outside of working on the current project.
This is a very good company to work for
Senior Programming Specialist (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJJanuary 4, 2015
Working at IBM was basically an extension of my 22 years working at AT&T since we were outsourced to IBM. At AT&T learned most of my skills. Very goof company.
Working for the client for in SAP MM and WM modules
SAP MM/WM Consultant (Current Employee), Collegeville, PAJanuary 3, 2015
I work at Client location in PA from Monday to Friday. I learned how to face the client questions and provide the robust solution.
Senior Oracle DBA
Sr. Oracle and SQL Server DBA (Former Employee), NYJanuary 3, 2015
• Managing, troubleshooting and resolving oracle database, RAC and applications issues.
• Refresh/Cloning of Database and applications for development and testing purpose.
• Was involved in developing a disaster recovery (DR) plan.
• Experience with Oracle Golden Gate software.
• Proficiency using Oracle Golden Gate and csscan utility.
• Knowledge of the Oracle Golden Gate installation, configuration, troubleshooting GG issues.
• Performing Backup/Recovery of all the Oracle databases using RMAN.
• Scripts for Health Check of Databases.
• Reading Alert Logs and User trace Files and Diagnosing the Problem.
• Writing UNIX shell Scripts and Scheduling through crontab.
• Providing Solutions to the Problems Faced by end Users or Programmers.