IBM
4,816 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

Too much work too few employees - no financial compensation
Server Administrator (Current Employee), East Fishkill, NYNovember 20, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: compensation, work/life balance
Each day I perform multiple projects. Not much time too learn from peers but I have increased my skills and knowledge to a point.

Very difficult to move up or change jobs laterally.

Co-workers are knowledgeable and easy to work with but due too workload not much downtime or collaboration is possible.

The hardest part of the job is trying to find – more... a work/life balance - you are offered comp time off but can seldom take it.

No raises, no bonuses, no cost of living increase, and no OT for years - yearly layoffs.

The most enjoyable part of the job - when possible you can work from home a percentage of your workweek.

I am impressed by the money IBM puts into research and its innovative products - both hardware and software but IBM needs to take better care of their employees - financially and work/life balance. – less
Good company
Lead End User Support Specialist (Current Employee), Reading, PANovember 19, 2014
This is a good company to work for.
They really want to make you stay up on the latest and greatest technologies, since they are a world renowned company in the IT sector.
Management could do a better job understanding what is needed to support the projects we are embarking on.
Very challenging and rewarding jobs and career
Front Line Manager (Current Employee), Boulder, CONovember 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits, decent pay, global opportunities
Cons: long hours, intense work, easy to lose track of time
Since I started with IBM there has never been a dull moment or a lack of interest in my job role/assignments nor any issues in finding career paths as the company has many models to choose from. The hardest thing is knowing when to stop for the day and understanding the work will still be there in the morning the next day. Work/Life balance in your – more... hands.

The hardest part of the job is knowing when to stop. The best part of the job are the interactions you have with your clients and customers. – less
Senior System Engineer (Current Employee), Wayne, NJNovember 19, 2014
IBM is a great place to work. Being part of an IT Giant there are numerous growth opportunities within IBM. Since I have been with a client project for 7 years of which 6 years in on-site from client location, each day presents lot of new challenges and issues. IBM and UPS has helped me greatly improve my analytic and technical skills.
Valuable learning experience
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Rochester, MNNovember 19, 2014
This job provided me with a valuable learning experience. I was able to support a variety of different business units within the company which enabled me to get a diversified education as well as work with a many different people from all over the world.
An Excellent Company to work for
Software Configuration and Release Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 18, 2014
Pros: opportunities for career growth
Cons: some bad managers can cause you to leave this excellent company
- An excellent company that encourages innovation
- Great corporate culture, everyone (or most people) seems to be friendly and cooperative
- Good starting salary and good opportunities for career growth
- Excellent management
- I wish I still worked at IBM
IBM struggles to keep morale up
Team Lead, Distributed Storage Management (Former Employee), Boulder, CONovember 18, 2014
Cons: mandatory furlough days
With the constant initiatives to off shore work over seas IBM struggles with company morale.
Good place to work, supportive
Principal Response Team Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and management
Cons: only issue was it could get loud in such a large office, but you learned to tune it out.
Working in a large office can present some issues, but we all worked well together. The Team Leads and Managers had an open door policy and made sure we had whatever we needed to provide the best support to our Executives.
Excellent company to work for
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee), Somers, NYNovember 17, 2014
Pros: challenging projects
Cons: international travelling
Developed the budgets for all capital projects worldwide and negotiated all costs and change work through the projects completion.
Productive workspace
Helpdesk Senior Specialist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no room for growth in my department
IBM is a very productive work place with great people. The department I was in had no room for growth. Great management and great co-workers. Just no growth in my department
Good job/Long hours
Support Tech (Former Employee), Longmont, CONovember 17, 2014
Pros: good people, great training, help whenever asked for it.
Cons: long hours, yelled at by customers a lot.
The job was very fun and also good pay for talking on the phone in the cubicle. Learned how to work with a team, in which most cases all are very nice. Management were people that were more recently in your position and just got moved up to a higher tier support. The best part of the day was lunch, they have a great cafeteria. The hardest part are the – more... customers, if you cant handle being yelled at or being complained at. – less
A great experience at Shofur.
Cloud Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2014
Pros: great pay, autonomy, startup culture, easy promotions
Cons: it's a newer company
Shofur and Shofur.com is a wonderful place to work. Management is efficient but at the same time allows
Good learning
Managing Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 15, 2014
great learning opportunities are plenty, and get to work with very smart and talented people.
No Comment
Employee (Former Employee), ChicagoNovember 15, 2014
Focused on Revenue Creation, Customer's Needs Should be a Higher Priority..
Great place that allowed growth
VHDSD technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 13, 2014
Pros: good hours, good compensation
a leading edge company and always provided a challenge to inspire creativity.
Great Job
Customer Service Help Desk IT Rep (Current Employee), Smyrna, GANovember 13, 2014
One the best jobs I ever worked for. Great people, great manager and all
Implementation Consultant / Enablement Consultant
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee), RemoteNovember 13, 2014
I've been in the HR Technology Arena for 8 years, starting from HR/ Recruiting job role transitioning to the HR Technology. Served in Project management, implementation Consultant and Enablement Consultant capacities.
Comfortable
SAP Ariba Consultant (Current Employee), Peoria, ILNovember 12, 2014
Pros: work from home facility, laptop, chilled work environment
Cons: pay is little low, management still uses old methods
Good company. Ok pay scale. Management still uses old methodology.
I will miss IBM!
SAN Database Storage Dispatcher / Project Manager (Former Employee), Boulder, CONovember 12, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: job security
I've learned what feels like an endless amount at IBM and it was a great place to grow and expand. Unfortunately our department downsized and migrated to India, and I was unable to follow. I will always cherish my time in the SAN department of IBM.
Wonderful company to work for
Customer Fulfillment Administrator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: hard work life balance work sometimes had to go home with me
As a software Analyst, I was required to monitor the customers hardware and software stack. To ensure that their hardware and software are compatible. Maintain and reconcile the customers accounting and billing for their software purchases. I was required to maintain a successful relationship with the sales rep for my customer base. No complaints about – more... my co-workers or management staff. This position taught me everything I needed to know about accounting reconciliation and the importance of maintaining a complete end to end customer satisfaction environment. – less

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more