IBM
4,297 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

Oracle DBA Review
Senior Oracle DBA (Current Employee), Work at HomeAugust 21, 2014
A typical day at IBM is getting online in the morning and being available for any DBA requests as well as monitoring our DBA requests bin. In addition to that working on any existing/unfinished projects and DBA issues.

Meeting with Customers in conference calls on a weekly schedule is routine as well as special meetings and contacts based on any issues – more... going on that need to be solved.

Weekly staff meetings for the overall team and specific DBA team is routine. In addition preparing to speak on any Database issue at hand.

Working on a DBA team means mentoring new DBAs and working with more Senior DBAs to solve common DBA issues and discussing Standards and Problem Resolutions.

Hardest part of the job is that typically the list you start the day with gets shifted around due to new priorities.

The most enjoyable part of the job is with the extended Team and sharing camaraderie. – less
workplace
System Architect (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAAugust 21, 2014
good workplace, I learned a lot at this company, management etc.
Great people but management is losing people centric focus
Network Principal, IT Architect (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits, flexible work hours/locations, competitive pay
Cons: company has lost its "worker centric" focus and is driven by numbers, poor work/life balance
IBM provides very good benefits
IBM offers ability to work remotely
Work/life balance is touted but is actually poor
People/Peers are very good
Work is challenging but rewarding
Too many changes in direction
Company has lost its "worker centric" focus and is driven by numbers
No longer what it used to be
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 21, 2014
Great work/life balance. Good pay and benefits. Expectation is that you will work more than 40 hours a week, all the time. People are no longer the most important asset in the company.
My review was very outstanding and impressive
ICT Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2014
My review was very impressive and the entire team was glad to have me...
Challenging Work Environment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Somers, NYAugust 19, 2014
This company challenges your skills and sets high expectations for its employees. You get to work with great people and build skills that are applicable in a variety of environments.
Team Work
Field Engineer/customer Engineer (SSR) (Former Employee), Waltham, MAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, trust of employer to do my job.
Work with Dispatch, cover calls, help other SSR (sale service rep).
Learn all the equipment over the years to keep up with the changing field of Computers and I/O equipment.
Be a Team Player
Working with Customer was most enjoyable,as well as other SSRS.
Great Global Payroll Experience
Global Payroll Delivery Lead (Former Employee), PhilippinesAugust 18, 2014
Managed payroll delivery operations for a fortune 20 client (>250,000 employees); responsible for payroll operations (Payroll, Payroll Tax, and Garnishments) and client relationship for delivery of outsourced payroll services to other large global customers. Provided guidance to the Philippine’s management team on issue based items, as well as management – more... style and communication. Identified best practice opportunities in steady state processes while ensuring all Service Level Agreements are consistently met. – less
Excellent Work Environment
Customer Service Representative/ Team Lead (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 18, 2014
Enjoyed my time with IBM, working in a call center environment gave me a new experience level I had not yet had.
Great working environment that has allowed me to grow
TIVOLI SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is working with customers. A typical day at work could consist of handling multiple calls from customers all over the world. As a subject matter expert, I am the 'go-to' person for co-workers in helping them recreate customer scenarios in order for them to obtain a better understanding of the product. I enjoy working – more... in the lab installing products, setting up environments such as SystemP with HMC or a VMWare ESX environment. – less
work/life balance is a bonus
skills.Department lead (Former Employee), Rochester mnAugust 17, 2014
Pros: appreciation of employees
Cons: layoffs
Learned many different skills through the years. Advancement with compensation was not available through the last couple of years. Raises were cost of living barely.
relaxed work environment
Staff software engineer (Test) (Current Employee), RTP, Durham, NCAugust 16, 2014
Great place to work. Flexible schedule. Co-workers are nice.
Sooper company to work
Application Programmer & Technical Team (Current Employee), chicago , ilinoisAugust 16, 2014
Excellent company to work with. We can learn as many as we willing to. Flexible to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 15, 2014
Pros: loved the external/vendor relationship
Cons: more recognition for contractors
Fun working there. Great managers. Excellent working experience.
Project Management/Application Developer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 15, 2014
Working on Projects Globally. Diverse working enviroment
Thankful this was a contract job only
Level One Technician Kelly Services (Former Employee), Longmont, COAugust 14, 2014
Pros: looks good on a resume
Cons: everything about the job
Glad this was a contract job and nothing more, this job was one of my worse job experiences I have had to deal with in the contract world and I would not only not apply for another contract job here but would not accept one.
A good introduction to the IT field it's expectations
Centralized Technical Services (Current Employee), Boulder, CoAugust 13, 2014
My time here has been enjoyable and productive, and while I look forward to moving on, i will miss it here. The management is competent and knowledgeable.
Too Many Hats
Managing Consultant (Current Employee), CaliforniaAugust 12, 2014
You don't just have one job. And this is far beyond "multitasking" - it's to the point that productivity no longer exists.
horrible experience
ASSOCIATE PARTNER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job
Senior PL/SQL Developer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more