IBM
4,167 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

Control Center Technician (Former Employee), East Fishkill, NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: work every other weekend
The work was easy, although I had to wear a bunny suit, gloves all day. It was a 12 hour work shift 2 days on/2 days off and every other weekend was a must.
Great workplace
Department of Justice, JMD, AFMS (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 3, 2014
Excellent team members to work with and good place to participate in training.
Interesting Work place
Database Administrator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2014
Enjoyed working with some of the best minds in the industry on multiple projects
Very productive and excellent place to woirk
Technical Advisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TxAugust 3, 2014
Worked with some of the best technical brains in storage industry. Great trainings and experience with storage products.
Extensive experience developing relationships at and below Cxx Level
Director - Transition & Transformation (Current Employee), Work from home and travelAugust 1, 2014
Responsible for delivering global outsourcing of IT services to IBM. Managing over 250 people globally, multi-million dollar budgets, and developing professional relationships with Cxx level and below.

Scope of services delivered include Service Desk, Data Center Relocation, Security, Messaging and Mobile, Network, Infrastructure, Business Process – more... improvement (ITIL), Program Management, Cross-functional services. – less
Really enjoyed working for IBM
Systems Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 1, 2014
Pros: nice pay and benefits
Cons: sometimes felt like i was just a number
Really enjoyed working for IBM. I worked on an account not in an IBM office building so my experience is a little biased.
I repaired computers and assisted users one on one or over the phone.
Hardest part of the job was the drive . I was 45 min away.
I worked in a hardware depot and helpdesk.
Support Customer Engineer
Support Custumer Engineer (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 1, 2014
Was called on the fix equipment that other people could not fix and show them where they went wrong in the
trouble shotting. Received three IBM Means Service awards and many local awards
It was ok
Remote Hardware Support (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2014
Good job. All aspect of your job was measured, how fast you answered the phone. was your diagnose correct. Did the tech or customer have to call back in for additional help. How many time was a tech sent onsite instead of fixing the issue on the phone. etc

Job finally sent to India.
Great company great benefits.
Firewall Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: being laid off.
Loved working here while it lasted. Earnings predictions dictated layoffs.
Productive office setting.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Highland Park, MIJuly 30, 2014
A typical day would consist of receiving or returning calls to IBM retirees. What I've learned was how to conduct myself under pressure of angry or confused IBM retirees. Management was always on standby, ready and willing to answer any questions I may have had. My co-workers were always professional and encouraging. The hardest part of the job was – more... dealing with irate retirees while trying to remain informative. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that i was able to assist a retirees with a very important life decision. – less
Large group effort to complete a project
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Houston TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: wonderfully catered lunches and free snack tables
Cons: contract position.
I worked in a large group of people and worked very long days. I spent a lot of time on my feet, moving from computer to computer.
fun place to work
Client Support / Production Worker (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 29, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: short breaks
The work consist to pick up items, fun place to work great coworkers.
Still viable.
Research Staff Member (Former Employee), Yorktown Heights, NYJuly 29, 2014
Huge advantage in that there are many excellent people and a lot in the form of working infrastructure as well as customer loyalty. Unfortunately, top management "announced and guaranteed" a stock price years in advance. Lately, profits are at the expense of eating the seed corn. Still might pull it off in the long run though with "cognitive computing" – more... and because there are so many excellent people in the company. – less
Big company with well established processes
Advisory Software Engineer (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: big company
Cons: regular rifs
Processes get rewritten a lot
Great place to work if you can enjoy your role.
Hardware is no longer the focus
STSM (Current Employee), USAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: looks good on resume
Cons: no loyalty to the employee
At IBM the focus has moved away from Hardware. If you are in services or software it may still be a good company but for hardware there is very little opportunity for growth and constant threat of layoffs.
Very satisfied.
Technical Solution Architect (Former Employee), Mexico, IndiaJuly 28, 2014
IBM delivers commitment and quality for their clients, I will definitely work with them in the future.
Great company
Senior Member Technical Staff (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 28, 2014
Great company to work for. Many very smart people working on some great products.
IBM Review
Software QA Lead (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2014
IBM is a well establish multinational stable organization, I spent around 5 yrs under the employment and I had the opportunity to work with multiple clients of IBM. IBM provides an excellent working environment for its employees with full of computing and networking resources.
Hard work with lots of experience.
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2014
Pros: work from wherever. relaxed team. trust in others abilities. light managment.
Cons: lots of work. some inefficiencies. terrible intranet.
The experience and team work at IBM is incredible. Many of these engineers have been with IBM for 30 - 40 years and have much to teach. I have been working here for three years and I can already say, this has been an invaluable stepping stone in my career.
Fun place to work
Computer Operator/Data Control (Former Employee), Orange County, CAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: some company provide lunch
Cons: healthcare
Every day is different situation in our work area but the good things we have 3 shift if we cannot resolved our issue we help each other with the co-worker. The hardest time when we have outages and our system is down everyone must participate until the issue is resolved.

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more