IBM
4,303 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job
Senior PL/SQL Developer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Very heads down
SCCM Architect (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2014
Good group but a bit disorganizedzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
A Part of a Mega Machine
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: there was always enough work to keep you busy
Cons: that the day wasn't long enough
A typical Day at work at IBM was a day starting off with your head high, a cup of coffee in your hand an a new day of continued work from the days call before. IBM, was great because I learned the the job is never over. It taught me that respect an attention should be given to all calls and all users. Management here was was knowledgeable and set a – more... level of excellence and customer service that our team had to follow through there example. Co-workers were awesome we had true team moral and respect for each other. My co-workers would be quick to become involved and were ready to assist or be assisted. this team of co-workers addressed the tickets and calls as a joint effort. The hardest part of this job was having to see the frustration on the faces of the clients when I would have to tell them that I no longer had time to chat with them about there pc after it was fixed because so many of them were genuinely as excited about IT as he technicians. Which is also the most enjoyable part of the job watching the excitement on the faces of the clients as they shared there knowledge about computers. – less
Fun expeirence
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), farmers branchAugust 11, 2014
Great company for new people looking to start their careers in Information Technology. The company provides a wealth of opportunities to expand and grow.
Productive and pleasant workplace
Business Support Specialist (Former Employee), Armonk, NYAugust 10, 2014
A typical day at work involved working with professional executives, attending meetings, updating financial worksheets plus updating/creating powerpoint presentations.
Good place to begin
Account Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 8, 2014
Learned a lot as a junior marketing rep. The work involved working with physician groups for midrange computers.
Poor opportunities for advancement
Delivery Project Manager (Current Employee), MichiganAugust 8, 2014
Not very many opportunities for advancement. Raises and bonuses are very small if even offered.
IBM
Team Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2014
Excellent company with flex time to enable employees to be diverse.
Good place to work. Enjoyed the culture.
Agency Compliance and Audit Manager (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 7, 2014
Telecommuted to 3 sites. IBM is an enjoyable place to work. I enjoyed problem solving and helping IBM achieve it's place as a mortgage subservicer through obtaining licensing, analyzing areas in need of improvement or expansion.
productive
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 6, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: short breaks
couldn't wait to get to work, everyone was one big happy family I learned to be more productive co-worker was awesome management was even more awesome, the hardest part was I would be leaving it was temporary the most enjoyable was team work.
Mitra
Project Manager, SCRUM Master, Business Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 6, 2014
Ms. Sadat-Akhavi is a stronger leader, planner, and executer. She has many experiences with operations maintenance and enhancement of production systems. She has performed at different capacities:
Business Analyst
WebSphere Business Modeler ( Utilizing Lean Six Sigma)
IT Project Management/Agile
System Engineer
Web Content Management Portal Developer – less
Apple Tech Support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Daleville, INAugust 5, 2014
I thought it was great to help customers with their Apple Products.
IBM - Downward Spiral
Service Delivery Program Advisor (Current Employee), Boulder, COAugust 5, 2014
Pros: 3 weeks of vacation as the standard, descent 401k matching
Cons: overworked, under staffed
My department has become a place of complacency. The employees work hard, there is no doubt about that, but we do not see much support from management. We put in our 50 hours a week, checking our e-mails nightly making sure our client base is pleased with the work we put forth, but we are no longer appreciated by our management chain. Bonuses are gone, – more... raises are a thing of the past and career growth is non-existent. IBM must change its ways, as its employees are growing weary. – less
Productive workplace
Delinquency Management Specialist (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist and help customers to the best of my ability in avoiding foreclosure and giving the options that are available to avoid foreclosure on their property.
its cool
Server Build Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2014
working for IBM was the best, a typical day at work well all I could say is what work? an by that i mean it didn't feel like i was a t work mor elike i was at home away form home. just getting payed to do things haha.
Nice work place
AIX Admin and Storage Admin (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2014
Nice work place.love to work for IBM again.Nice work place.love to work for IBM again.Nice work place.love to work for IBM again.Nice work place.love to work for IBM again.Nice work place.love to work for IBM again.Nice work place.love to work for IBM again.Nice work place.love to work for IBM again.Nice work place.love to work for IBM again
generally ok place to work
System Test and Characterization Engineer (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 4, 2014
Hardware doesn't seem to be a good field to be in anymore. IBM management doesn't know where the heck they are going.
Control Center Technician (Former Employee), East Fishkill, NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: work every other weekend
The work was easy, although I had to wear a bunny suit, gloves all day. It was a 12 hour work shift 2 days on/2 days off and every other weekend was a must.
Great workplace
Department of Justice, JMD, AFMS (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 3, 2014
Excellent team members to work with and good place to participate in training.
Interesting Work place
Database Administrator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2014
Enjoyed working with some of the best minds in the industry on multiple projects

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more