IBM
5,754 reviews

IBM United States Employee Reviews

Good company as long as you are a full-time employee and not a contractor
Telecom Project Manager (Former Employee), West Palm BeachApril 8, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Forced furloughs
Typical day involved providing tier 2 technical support and vendor liaison. Co workers were all professional. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Long days, offshores everything you complete
Advisory Software Engineer (Current Employee), RTPApril 8, 2015
Pros: steady check
Cons: mom & pop mgmt
Old CEO cut development to an empty shell to milk the customer base. For some reason that has resulted in the customer base fleeing the company. New CEO has not restored funding to base products, but is moving into new areas ... big gamble.
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee), San JoseApril 7, 2015
Great Place to work, good work life balance, lots of growth opportunities, good management, can explore multiple roles
Great place to work while it lasted,i adopted a good ethic on production / manufacturing assemble job.
Production operator (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 7, 2015
I worked from them from 1985 til got layoff on 2000 it was such a great comp to work fro they really taken care of their employees i hope i can find a good comp. like it or even better that would be great and i know they are many out there.
n/a
accounts receivable (Former Employee), Salem, NCApril 7, 2015
A Typical day at work was sitting in front of a pc answer calls my entire shift. I learned nothing new from this company from my call center experience I came in with. I enjoyed my co workers everyone was a team player.
Best company in the world to work for!
Enterprise SOA Architect \ BPM Development (Former Employee), Charlotte NCApril 7, 2015
The bottom line is this, if I had an opportunity to go back to IBM and work as a consultant or a FTE I would gladly accept it. I hate it everyday that left there to go independent. Most of the technologies I know I learned at IBM.
Fun place that grew into a political mine field.
Update Test Architect for Flex System Updates (Current Employee), RTP, NCApril 6, 2015
Place started out OK, but declined swiftly. Upper management making decision for the present without thinking about the future.
Transform itself, embrace change
Managing Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 6, 2015
Great company in terms of transforming itself and embracing disruptors as part of its new operating model. Heavy emphasis in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile and services
Management is Clue Less
Senior IT Solutions Architect (Former Employee), work from homeApril 6, 2015
Instead of fixing archaic processes to streamline the effectiveness of the business, management only knows to lay people off.

IBM is a good stepping stone in your IT career.
Good environment but bait and switch for applied job
Application Developer (Current Employee), Lansing, MIApril 6, 2015
Pros: Decent pay and hours
Cons: May not be doing the job promised.
Great place to work with good people. Management is hands off as long as you are on a project. But don't expect to do the job you applied for. Applied for entry level Java app developer position and has done little to no development and I was the lucky one as for application development. Others in my group that hired in with me for the same position hasn't done any development. Which may be ok for some but definitely not ok if you have aspirations of becoming a software engineer.
Good company to work for
Senior SAP-SRM Consultant (Current Employee), Houston,Texas,USAApril 5, 2015
Nice company to work with, very good work/life balance. Providing IT services to Automobile, Telecommunication and Upstream oil companies.
Great place to work with a very demanding envirnoment.
Sales Management Advisor (Former Employee), Westford, MAApril 5, 2015
During my career, I had the privilege of working with some of the most innovative, extraordinary people at IBM. I learned early on the value of being a self-starter with a proven ability to deliver work on time. I led business analysis to provide valuable insights into forecasting, revenue growth, pipeline trends to support business objectives.
Interning at IBM was a fantastic experience
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Littleton, MAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Great people, great work environment, great opportunities
Cons: Boring work
The people were great, as were the flexibility and the facilities. We were given a lot of responsibility, and could ask for more if we wanted. Lots of room to grow and experience new fields. Still quite slow for a software developer as opposed to other smaller tech companies, not a lot of possible avenues to embark on in development. Could get very boring.
Fortune 500 Company
Team Leader for Eastern Region (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 3, 2015
Pros: Job security, benefits, and opportunity to advance throughout the Corporation.
Cons: None
The job offered job security and was a pleasant place to work. Had an opportunity to learn quite a bit regarding the workings of Corporate America.

My responsibilities included:

Team Leader
Administrative Duties
Travel
Negotiation with OFCCP
Auditor of company's Affirmative Action and EO Plans
Recruitment
Productive and fun workplace with co-workers
CVS Health Hr Specialist & Payroll (Former Employee), Lincolin, RIApril 3, 2015
Business as usual I learned administrative experience in Hr Specialist. My boss maintain control and get things done. My co-workers worked together as a team player. My hardest job is we have a other projects on top of ours works.But we maintain and get the job done in timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is I likes what I do and get it done daily.
Work Day
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 2, 2015
The work day was very good. Everyone was friendly. Very helpful when it came to things. Monday through Friday job. Work load was pretty decent
Hostile Environment
IAM (Current Employee), Columbia, MOApril 2, 2015
Great company to work for, however the GDC in Columbia needs improvement. The managers need training, and the skilled workers needs better incentives. Low moral and constant fear of losing one's job is the current culture.
Too much client control
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove CVS contractorApril 2, 2015
Pros: strong development team - non management
Cons: Client micro management
The Consulting Management team has been in the computer business for many more years than the client, but, the main problem is that the consulting management team allows the client to call the shots, when the client management does not know enough about proper Software development to manage it. the client should allow consulting management team to use their expertise and the client should stay out of the software development!
Face paced company
Assistant (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 1, 2015
A typical day began with checking the emails of the executives I supported as well as mine, then confirm schedules on calendars.

Also included reviewing upcoming travel and customer meetings.
nice a company to start
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Rochester, MNApril 1, 2015
a good company to start, but it needs more management, some departments busy all year round, some are free all year round. But the pay is the same. And there is little balance between work and life.

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more

IBM Salaries