IBM
6,074 reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

Worked at client site - Express Scripts
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, New JerseyJune 8, 2015
Pros: Able to work from home
Cons: Client had layoffs due to lack of work
Express Scripts in Franklin Lakes, great place to work, close to home, can connect and work from home. Layoffs occurred due to the fact that funding for June projects were not approved by management.
Nothing at all. They talk a big talk but terrible work balance area.
Basis Administrator / NetWeaver Administrator (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Stress
A company to build your skills and leave them. They don't appreciate you.

They are not in touch with reality at the lower levels of the trenches.They look to squeeze you and pay you as little as possible. A very bad place but there are worse places.
IBM
Sr. SAP BI Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2015
Pros: Onsite
Cons: less compaensation
Good Culture and lot of learning opportunities. Best company for onsite chanes.
Big teams and huge projects. Excellent work experience.
It good to work like this companies in life time.
It was a great entry level job
Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Southbury, CTJune 8, 2015
I loved the people I worked with which made my time at IBM so much better. it was a scary post recession environment with 0 pay increases but I stayed because I was happy with the overall work experience. I left because it was time for me to move on and move up.
Awesome benefits
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAJune 7, 2015
- Best benefits I've ever seen
- Opportunities abound for continued learning
- Challenging work allows for professional and personal growth
Nice place to work for some
Senior Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Boulder, COJune 6, 2015
The boulder site was a very interesting place to work the technology was good and there was good training facilities. This is one of the companies that makes America one of the greatest countries in the world, its amazing. However, they were very unfair when it came to giving promotions. they are some good fair managers however most of them in my opinion think black africans are supposed to be their servants and high positions are for whites only. I think this is the case all over the world until we build our own civilization I guess we will have to go through this. I wouldn't recommend this site for young africans trying to build a career in IT however it can give you the skills to get your foot in the door at another location that is friendlier and accommodating to africans thats if there is one. Its a lot better than most of the places I've worked at but coming here in an open mindset will lead to disappointment.
Good work life balance
Executive Administrative Assistant /Legal (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJune 6, 2015
It was a great company to work for with excellent benefits and good recognition program. Management was always available and open door policy was always there.
Test Lead (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 5, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: none
Good place to work and good co-workers. Easily reachable managers. Give multiple job opportunities. They have branches across the world. Leading in innovation and technology
Great Place to Learn
Employee at CNA (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 5, 2015
All my coworkers were helpful and fun to work with. the project was a bit wild, but the managment team and us techs did a good job of working with what we were dealt. by the time the project ended the ticket que was back down to normal levels.
IBM of old is NOT IBM of new
Project Manager (Former Employee), MissouriJune 5, 2015
Pros: looks nice on resume
Cons: healthcare and mid to low range pay depending on your location
Back in the day, Big Blue was amazing, from culture to benefits...not so much now days. Exactly why i left. I believe the 2015 layoffs speak to the change in culture. Not very good Ms. CEO. :(
IBM has a strong culture that is built around reinvention. Learning is integral to that and Think Academy is a great way to learn.
Global Program Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 5, 2015
Pros: Learning, Opportunities, Global, Benefits
Cons: Pay, long hours
Work at IBM is never boring. It is constantly changing and evolving. The company is always in Beta, every changing and responding to the technology and advancements that are happening very quickly. The company is very large and is only a good place to work if you are confident in your skills, are proactive in pursing your career goals, and are willing to work long hours to not only do the job, but often times to learn the new skills required to do it at the same time.
Consultant (Former Employee), Fremont,CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Culture
Cons: None
The best company culture that I ever experienced. The management was very supportive and encouraged advancement. Very disappointed that was were outsourced.
Productive fun environment
Transaction Processing/Payoff Specialist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 3, 2015
A typical workday consisted of posting payments. The hardest part the job was dealing with a 3 hour time difference due to the fact that I was located on the east coast and the rest of my team was on the west coast
Solid Tech Company
Systems Service Representative (Former Employee), WyomingJune 3, 2015
IBM was the standard for IT technical. Gained much experience in debugging, hardware service and project management. Excellent teams of coworkers.
Many responsibilites as a Distribution Associate
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Greensboro NCJune 2, 2015
Every morning I distributed parts for replenishment of stock, Filled orders that were printed off for Engineers. Sent them to where they needed to go.

I learned a lot!!! A hard part of the job was lifting 50lbs., which I can do no more. Great people to work with. Laughs, and a break when it was possible. Working as a team ran smoothly most of the time.

One really hard part of the job was getting a call on the weekend in the middle of the night, and having to go to the center and send a part to the Engineers.

Enjoyable part of the job was having Fun in the Sun Day.
what i loved about working for IBM
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), HoustonJune 1, 2015
An excellent company that enabled me to balance work and family, continually allowed for training and learning, and good management
Fun work enviornment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2015
Pros: bonuses, vacation, sick days, training seminars
Cons: cannot mention anything negative
IBM Skills Discovery was an excellent place to work. I learned professional customer service working for this firm.

There were test calls given, if you did not do well you were spoken to and given a chance to improve.
A day at IBM
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Littleton, MAMay 30, 2015
Work day starts early due to development staff in China and India. Early morning calls are from home. Company offers good work life balance and flexibility to drop children at school before heading to work.
Work load varies on day to day basis but is usually 9 hours +. Co-workers are easy to work with and talented.
There is no company provided training or career path. Salary raises are rare and bonus amounts are small if at all.
Company is too bureaucratic.
Good enviroment
Financial and controlling team leader (Current Employee), EgypyMay 30, 2015
Good environment , continues education , big school , caring of employees without any work life balance , heavy responsibility and challenging very large projects
No Review
Customer Engineer (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMay 30, 2015
No review Not my job to rate former employer. However I dd enjoy working for IBM. They paid me well and gave good benefits.

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more

IBM Salaries