IBM
5,502 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

Good Place to enhance your skills and learn new things for your career
Sr. SAP HCM Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2015
It a Good Place to enhance your skills and learn new things for your career growth and progress to next level in your career
overall good company. Nice people to work with.
Application Engineer (Current Employee), Burlington, VTMarch 5, 2015
Pros: good benefits. good life/work balance
Cons: always have to worry about next layoff
Learned to never trust managers. They Do not think about you.
Co-workers are very nice and smart. Flexibility is the best part at east for me.
A good place to work with good people
Sr. Implementation Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee), MAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: fleixble schedule
IBM has been a great place to work at. Since it is a large company there are technical people in all departments that serve as SMEs. It is easy to have any of your questions answered here.
Review
WebSphere Administrator / Middleware Support (Current Employee), Columbia, MOMarch 4, 2015
Lots of creative freedom. Great work/life balance. Empowered engineering team. Lots of satisfaction of many products that are in production. Server group satisfaction high.
A Place of employment
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: nice cafe, some incentives
Cons: no pto, no benefits
Contractors do not receive any benefits or any paid time off. Regardless of how long you have been with the company. The company has a high turn over rate.
Work-Life Balance, Fun, Fast pace and Productive
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 4, 2015
It is a great company to work for. Managers and co-workers are working toward a common goal, and the work culture cultivated a very friendly environment.
Difficult. IBM has a Global policy that breaks down to this: Get out of the US.
Human Resource Delivery Professional (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: the people are the best thing about ibm.
Cons: the best people in the us have been driven away by ibm's global policy.
I worked for this company for over 25 years. It has evolved tremendously in that time. Some changes are good, some bad. Some of those changes are driven by political necessity; and I recognize that.

It boils down to this. Working in the US has become bureaucratic and expensive. IBM's policy has turned to outsourcing overseas. I can't blame them . . . yet at the same time I feel it is short-sighted.

The best job I have ever had was the last one I had with IBM. I miss it and wish I could have it back. Political reality has taken that option from me . . . but if that reality changes, I would go back to IBM in a millisecond.
client infrastructure specialist
Client Infrastructure Specialist (Current Employee), united states of americaMarch 3, 2015
it is a pleasure to work with IBM,got exposure in many technical aspects,and also got international work experience to work with clients.
Large corporation with some truly remarkable technology
Engineering (Current Employee), PAMarch 3, 2015
IBM is a huge corporation and comes with all the normal ups and downs of a big company. There are a lot of processes, which can be good, but also can slow down the pace of innovation.

IBM does a good job of trying to be innovative, but sometimes they have trouble translating those innovations to marketable product. That being said, the work going on in the IBM labs is truly remarkable!
Enjoyable comapany
Contract Management Advisor (Current Employee), Dubuque, IAMarch 3, 2015
Enjoyed working for IBM. I felt the management was supportive and provided positive feedback and helped in planning my future.
Great Company in a changing world
Certified Consulting Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Eagle, IDMarch 3, 2015
Pros: people, products, strategy
Cons: large, sometimes slow
IBM was an is a great company. They are changing as customer need changes. Overall great place to work, great company to do business with.
Good Experience
IT Contractor (Former Employee), remoteMarch 3, 2015
Contracting has given me opportunities to expand my area of expertize. It has given me opportunties that that has expanded my knowledge and enhance critical analytic skills.
not the best place to work but not the worst either
Liquidation / Default Loan Serv./ Claims Analyst (Former Employee), North CarolinaMarch 2, 2015
would not discourage anyone from applying or accepting a job from there. I think the company has a lot of opportunity for someone in the field of computer technology.
High Turnover
Senior IT Specialist (Former Employee), Skokie, ILMarch 1, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: poor treatment of employees
Don't plan on making a career at IBM. The new hire program claims advancement opportunities and ability to find your dream job --- but it is rare.
IBM Review
Consultant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 1, 2015
Pros: good vacation policy
Cons: bully management, long hours, risk of job loss ever present
The company is run by Finance, not by any strategy or determination of where the company is headed. As a result, if you live in the US, your job is always at risk - count on two layoffs per year, and in between that time, working long hours. Further much of the culture is based on Bully Management. This is not the case in all instances, but it has become much more pervasive.

The company no longer pays bonuses, and raises are limited.

Long work days, and often loss of vacation days, holidays and weekends to meet corporate goals.
Good work cloture and mutual trust
LIMS consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2015
IBM is a very good company to work with and employee work life balance maintains very well. management have full trust on the resources.
Review
Intern Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2015
Good culture to learn and work within the productive environment. Helping seniors guiding well to move ahead and resolve the problem assigned within time.
Good Company
Senior Manager Workday HCM Payroll (Current Employee), Coppell, TXFebruary 27, 2015
IBM is a great place to work for and they provide excellent on going management training. The coworker are always wiling to help each other .
Great Job
Process Engineering Technician (Former Employee), East Fishkill, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Used to be the best place to work, but now things have changed. Job security is a thing of the past. Working to retirement age is wishful thinking these days.
Former star that has faded big time
Programmer (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: a cool culture it is not
Nothing much to write. It's Dilbert world and then some. Culture, both physical and spiritual, is bland and does little to help foster engagement. More concerned with time metrics and other measurements that do not allow innovative and creative minds to shine.

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more

IBM Salaries