IBM

6.5K reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

Very productive an a learning exsperience
QC Inspector (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 8, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: great hours an alot of over time
work in clean room ,solder broken wire to a pc board through a microscope,Everyday we had to fully dress in this space suit before entering our work stations.
great company environment
Global Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2015
a great 33 years at IBM, I have worked for a number of senior IBM executives with operations around the world which allowed me to meet many frinds over the years
A changing environment, opportunity to grow skills
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Arvada, COAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Education
Cons: Long hours
Dynamic work environment. Opportunity for advancement and further education. Competitive salaries. Opportunity for worldwide travel. Opportunity to work with competent teams.
Too many lay-offs
Security Consultant (Former Employee), Work from HomeAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Work Life Balance
Cons: You never know when you will be laid off.
IBM has changed drastically since being employed. I was an employee for over 10+ years and in the past 3 years of employment I've seen jobs being off-shored to other countries who do not understand the business and it was hurting their Customers. The bonuses received were very low and to receive a raise would be from an ACT of GOD. Managers were directed to pass out low performance reviews so IBM could save money when laying off their employees. The performance pay was tied to your severance pay.

The employees continue to work but they do not get the recognition or the compensation deserved and it's only a matter of time before those left in the US will be laid off as well. The moral within the company is very low from all of the layoffs currently taking place. IBM does not value their employees in the US, they only want to cut cost and get the job done cheaper by making their Customer pay for premium service.
good
gsmline and assembly (Former Employee), endicott nyAugust 7, 2015
Pros: better condictions
Cons: layoffs
working on the line working with good peoples learning different
aspects of the line inspecting the work making sure all parts are
done right rolating on the line.
Development of Networking products
Service Planning Representative (Former Employee), Decatur, GAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Telecommuting job
Cons: Networking group sold to Lenovo as part of SystemX divestiture.
Global development team member responsible for networking hardware and software products. Represented service effort to ensure product was support ready at launch. Also developed process to ensure product service readiness status was on track for product launch.
IBM work culture is flexible
Senior System Engineer (Current Employee), Monroe, LAAugust 7, 2015
Working at IBM is a culture where everyone is flexible about there work and timings. Though the work might be hectic sometimes, we are given flexibility option to make ourselves refresh and come back to work the next day.
Productive workplace with everyday new learnings and new challenges
Application Developer (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARAugust 6, 2015
Starts with meeting on what we did previous day and what we are going to do today, any road blocks.
Everyday there is a new learning and new challenges.
gloom, doom and finally the door
Program Exec (Former Employee), telecommuterAugust 6, 2015
Pros: hmmm, they all were removed due to cost
Cons: every bad thing you have heard or thought about a multinational congloerate are true
With over a decade of slogging it out in the trenches in big blue, the end came as no real surprise.

There is little true innovation, as the levithan moves at a snail's pace with a dozen levels of managemen. When the course is changed, they arrive a year late and woefully behind. Often times facing the wrong way.

Then the only thing the management knows how to do is cut costs.... cut, cut, cut, cut - clients be damned.

The only thing that kept me so long was the fine group of people I suffered with....
very good environment to work
IT Analyst (Current Employee), irving texasAugust 6, 2015
very good environment to work and good place to learn new technology easy to switch projects relocation possible
fun work place team work
Great
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), ArmonkAugust 6, 2015
Great place to work with great benefits, IBM is a world leading company. Great learning atmosphere with room to grow for all levels of employees
Fun place lots of learning.
Systems Service Represenative (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 6, 2015
Pros: I have met some really good people.
Cons: The company hires too many contractors and is always replacing people by letting them go.
Everyday was different with a variety of issues to troubleshoot. Learned to always stay patient & do your best because there is always a new challenge to complete a work project. Management is very supportive most of the time. I worked with really intelligent people and felt it was a privilege. I have gained many good relationships. The hardest part of the job was completing a project with issues out of your control for example the wrong part was shipped when ordered. The best part of the job is always learning. If your willing to learn and have the right peers there is always an opportunity for growth.
Big on outsourcing US Jobs
Technical Specialist/Level 3 Dedicated Resource (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: outsourcing
Over all good experience
Work from home options
great co-workers
main issues is cost reductions and outsourcing US jobs.
Overall Impression
Consultant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2015
Overall a good place to work. Like with any company, there are things that need to be improved including compensation & advancement opportunities.
Productive and fast paced
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 4, 2015
IBM was a long time ago, it was one of the best jobs I ever had. I don't have anything negative to say about it.It could be face paced at times but you learn a lot about the differnt levels of management.
Average
Senior Competitive Software Sales Leader (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Working out of your house and pay.
Cons: Constant layoffs.
Very large company. Hard to get recognized in. Feels like a large aquarium and most people are guppies. Good Technology and training.
Not a place to build a long term career with growth
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 4, 2015
The company has been on a steady progression downhill and that has reflected over the years as they continue to care less and less about their actual employees. Much lip service occurs but truly most management has very little relationship with their employee's and furthermore have very little say - so or power to help you advance your career. If you value your skills or career this is not a great place to build a long term career.
life is cool
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee), US, IndiaAugust 4, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: top management comes with a mentality of ''keep doing what we are doing till i retire"
every day requirement is different... thats fun..
trying new things are not easy as the company is very much process driven
Exciting to learn about accounts payable and overdue accouts and how to handle past due accounts professionally
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Reseach Triangle Park, N.C.August 3, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed learning about how the hospital billing work for hospitals
Cons: likeable staff
Enviro-Guard was a fast pace place. But after working 6months the company decided to go out of business. I made daily Bank deposits and prepare list for account history reports for account manager weekly.The hardest part of the job was having to call customers on their late payment agreements.
Job culture is horrible
Senior Operation Analyst (Current Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: can work from home
Cons: no job security
The work is great. We learn constantly due to the nature of IT job. My co-workers are great. However, IBM is laying off people and shift our jobs to Brazil or India every quarter therefore nobody has any incentive to work harder.
Headquarters