IBM
4,861 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

Innovative and Transforming
Software Asset Management Analyst (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCNovember 5, 2014
Dynamic Market
Dynamic Changes
Global Leader
Emerging Technologies
Great culture
Summer Consultant, Global Business Service (Former Employee), Shenzhen, ChinaNovember 4, 2014
Intent hours but worthwhile for an intern to learn a lot about IT consulting.
The best people in the business
Linux Material Expert (Former Employee), C30November 4, 2014
Pros: great people environment
Cons: wished ibm paid higher salaries
IBM China was one of the best group of people I've been luck to work around. They work very hard as a group and socially great people.

The management where very professional and very approachable. When ever these was any issues they took action and follow-up

The hardest apart about this job was the processes. If anyone know anything about process – more... IBM is the godfather.

I liked the environment though I wished there was be more interactions between groups/ teams but being a large facility so group interactions was easier. – less
It was a fast pased inviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oak Brook ilNovember 3, 2014
Pros: working with the customers
Cons: sometimes i was so busy i was not able to take breaks
It was okay working there however it was things that you were critiqued on but you may not have training in that area. I really enjoyed the customer interactions.
IBM is ruthless
Software Engineer - Software Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 1, 2014
Pros: free cokes
Cons: pressure over firing
IBM trims over 10% of employees per year causing threat of firing. The company is cramped and overseen my multinational company.
Strategy and Marketing Program Director
Global Marketing Program Director (Former Employee), New YorkNovember 1, 2014
Excellent environment for technology marketing. Offers broad scope of server, software and services experience.
Opportunities if You are Proactive
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee), Work from HomeOctober 31, 2014
Pros: work from home, opportunities
Cons: healthcare costs, lonely
IBM has many opportunities for those who manage and own their careers. The environment is collaborative and professional. Focus on diversity. Employees at IBM are driven and are passionate to improve processes and reinvent. Work life integration is owned by the employee and may be influenced by projects/assignments.

My enjoyment comes from working – more... with professionals who care about the work we do and how we do it. I like the ability to not be micromanaged (varies by manager) and to proactively recommend and implement improvements.

The most difficult part is also some of the reinvention which sometimes leads to large resource actions. Additionally some of the support centers in growth areas don't provide seemless support. – less
10 to 12 hours per day 5 days a weeks
technical Project Manager (Former Employee), WVOctober 30, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: pressure
I learned to manage a software project for the Navy. The hardest part was dealing with the pressures of contract work and the aggressive nature of the client.
Exciting place to work. Sometimes can be very political.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: long hours and weekend work
The entire day is very busy. There are deadlines that need to be met.
Teaming with the leads and team to ensure they understand the
requirements are sometimes challenging but very rewarding. I've learned how to balance workload by using time management and getting buy in from the teams to get the job done.
Good
System Administrator/Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), Dubuque IowaOctober 29, 2014
Working at IBM was ok, I had the opportunity to learn new things and work with people who had great experience.
Great experience for understanding corporate culture.
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: strong company with good benefits
Cons: sometimes a little bureaucratic.
It was a learning experience in many ways. I have a strong work ethic. Working as IBM employee helped raise my personal level of professionalism to a new high. I'm thankful I had the opportunity to work for IBM.
Being a contractor
AV/Network Administrator/ Video Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: we often get free lunches and neat gifts from our clients that visit often.
Cons: no benefits
Ive worked for this company for 5+ years. I am currently a contractor and have been made many promises of become a full time employee. My supervisor is wonderful and very understanding.

But within the last 5+ years we have changed managers 3 times and everyone has a different view of how things should work here. They have decided that they are not – more... hiring but cutting departments and cutting the budgets in the whole company. The hardest part of this job is not knowing when our briefing center will close for good. – less
great and friendly environmment
Technical Lead, Documenter, QA Tester (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTOctober 28, 2014
good company. innovative style in dealing with business - approach is in many ways unique,
Innovative Comapany
Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 27, 2014
Innovative Company. Lots of Talented peoples to work with.Easy access to learning, which I utilized a lot. Lots of opportunities to innovate, which I used bring new features to the product .
Great organization to work for!
Technical Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, texasOctober 27, 2014
Pros: working remote
IT Professional with a vast technical background. In my current role, I am a Technical Solutions Specialist supporting the IBM eCommerce Omni-Channel platform in the Mid-West Business Unit. Other areas of expertise is in the IBM Cognos (Business Intelligence) and SPSS (Predictive Analytics). As a TSS, I work as the technical sales specialist on a multitude – more... of different accounts. I am the technical leader for those accounts and lead the sales opportunities from a technical perspective. – less
Technology, Sales, Management
Technology Sales Leader (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDOctober 27, 2014
Working with clients on technology
New Technology
Mentored other employees
Technical Consultants
Troubleshooting Issues
Customer Satisfaction
Excellent
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAOctober 27, 2014
Cons: keep changing rules ..
Love to work for IBM .. Learned lots of new things in business, worked as full time employee in their Dubuque, IA location which is too far away from my family. That;s the reason i left.
IBM Global Services - placement agency for other companies
IT Support (Former Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 25, 2014
Pros: employee support, compensation.
Cons: job security is limited to client need.
IBM Global Services - placement agency for other companies. Job culture is dependent upon assignment. IBM has good infrastructure and employee support.
Travel around State
Technician (Former Employee), White Plains, NYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: learning everydaymeeting people
Install Point of Sale / Servers/ Setup Computer Systems for Customers,Repair Hardware
busy sometimes
Document Controller (Former Employee), Essex Junction, VTOctober 23, 2014
Pros: vacation time
Cons: to many to list
ok place to work if you can put up with the B.S. they dish out. 12 hour shifts get to be old after 15 years on nights

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more