IBM
5,502 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

PHI - Great Company to work for
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Carneys Point, NJFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: no advancement opportunities
Was a contractor for PHI. Company treated employees and
contractors very good. Flexible work hours, excellent pay,
benefits, vacation, etc.

Friendly staff. Group worked well together.

Really enjoyed my job.

Company went from Mainframe to SAP.
Straight from college to IBM for the past 5 years
Project Management Assistant (Former Employee), houston, txFebruary 26, 2015
Most projects allowed to work from home. Balanced work and personal life. More of a technical based company, not so for a consultant. Not much climbing up into the company.
Highly qualified workplace
T&T Account Transition manager (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 26, 2015
IBM has expectations of all employees that are required for IBM's growth as a company to succeed. These are met thru continual education, which IBM advocates.
Underpaid/overworked
Staff Technical Writer/Information Developer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Too much work and not enough people to do it. Management can be either wonderful or awful - no in-between. Pay is no longer competitive in Silicon Valley.
Good pay, but rode hard, and put away wet!
Consultant (Former Employee), USAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good salary in consulting.
Cons: long work hours, lot's of processes.
Company is constantly trying to "re-invent" itself. Process changes, lot's of travel, constant belt tightening. Some really good people there. They try very hard. The hardest part of the job is trying to get the company to focus on the client, not it's processes. The best part are the great people there, many of who will bend over backwards to help you. The typical work day is waking up in a hotel, working at a client, and working at the hotel, after dinner. Then repeat.
My co-workers were some of the most dedicated and competent people I have ever worked with
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), MassachusettsFebruary 25, 2015
Good people doing the actual work. The biggest problem I have with IBM is that their high level management is utterly detached and unconcerned about the people who work for them. The bottom line is the only concern, despite anything said otherwise. Am I jaded? Yes. After working the better part of seven years as a sub-con for them, I was tasked with training H1B replacements for myself and a number of my fellow American contractors, and then fired unceremoniously a week prior to my scheduled end-date with no warning or compensation.
Stagnant with little to no opportunity to grow
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Heavily infused with politics to the point that it was very difficult to get anything done. Toward the end of my time there, a typical day was filled with the same tasks that could be done by rote. Almost everyone was fearful of losing their jobs, so they looked for ways to under mind their co-workers and make themselves look good.
no work-life balance
Senior Software Engineer, Lenovo (Current Employee), Kirkland, WAFebruary 24, 2015
No work-life balance. Employees expected to be on call every weekend.
Vacation allowed only when employee finds and gets another employee to back him/her.
Very minimal salary increases or bonuses for employees.
No reward for working hard.
Typical Day
SCCM Admin (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Provide support for our OSD and software deployment teams. If there are any issues that our tier I and tier II teams cannot resolve they contact me.
Challenging and fast paced environment to work, good benefits and training
Technical Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: challenging work, good benefits, good training opportunities
Cons: travel can at times be daunting
A typical day was to support training of Business Partners to sell IBM E-Commerce software. This required at time extensive travel to business partner locations to educate them on the latest product enhancements, and available sales plays for their organization.
Good work experience for future interests
Entitlement Coordinator (Former Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: desk work instead of labor
Cons: can be overwhelming
A typical day of work for me was getting logged on early to start my day and then going to eat breakfast in the cafeteria. Then clocking in and planning my day/ checking emails/ prioritizing/ Releasing service calls appropriately.
More often than not co-workers were not showing up on time or at all and management functions to perform and maintain quality.
The hardest part was taking calls from upset customers needing service and having a problem showing entitlement for service.
The most enjoyable part was liking my job and wanting more out of it.
I learned that nothing lasts forever and I am working on a no more campaign in the name of a no hate society.
Work
Commercial Manager (Current Employee), LondonFebruary 24, 2015
IBM is an great place to work.
You get to learn a lot and you get a lot of exposure. I think the experience gained in IBM will always come in handy no matter which organisation you join.
The Senior Management is very friendly and are very approachable
Fast paced work environment
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2015
I learned a great many computer skills there as well as different problem solving techniques and troubleshooting methods. Worked with a different types of softwares and hardwares as well networking connections.
Productive Environment
IT Specialist/Desktop Support (Former Employee), Washington, D.CFebruary 23, 2015
Take all tickets from techs from night shifts
close tickets
Work was mediocre
payed weekly
I loved to work there met some great associates
enjoyable workplace
Mail Room Clerk (Temporary Contract Position) (Former Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 23, 2015
•Sorted outgoing mail by zipcode or receivers’ name, bundled and secured mail for the same location, weighed mail bundles and created address labels; delivered outgoing packages to drop off location for DHL and UPS pickup.
•Used scanning software to document and track incoming mail and packages.
IBM is an excellent company to work for, however the negative culture change has impacted the Finance team's values
CFO, Lead Finance & Planning Consultant (Former Employee), Somers, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: lack of hq executive management exposure, changing negative culture
IBM was an excellent company to work for in the first 5 years of employment. IBM cared for it's employees at this time with benefits recognition. Since then, they have removed the pension benefits, removed variable pay benefits, increased the medical, dental & vision benefits & removed all employee recognition benefits. IBM Finance Management has repeatedly communicated that your skills, experience, education & job performance carry no benefit when considered for advancement. IBM Finance Management also has communicated that US employees are paid too much as the Finance team's roles have been redefined with outsourcing same work overseas at lower wage rates. In addition, the US Finance employees are being managed as an overall "average rate per employee" instead of their progressive experience, education, improved skills & efficiencies when advancement opportunities arise.
New IBM
Sr. SAP Training Consultant Client (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 23, 2015
Worked for IBM in the 80s. Took a Buyout and returned to IBM in 2006. A very different company, not as employee caring as I remember from the old days
SAP BO consultant
SAP BO Consultant (Current Employee), BangloreFebruary 23, 2015
AM working on 3.8 experience IN IBM, shell client location on below technologies.
Universe design tool
Info view
Dash boards
AOLAP Report

Information design tool
co-workers
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 22, 2015
IBM is a very friendly working environment. Many of the workers are very helpful and professtional. Co-workers become friends and socializing easily with litle paying attention of each other background and technical professional level.
Workday Consulant
Workday Lead Consultant/Onsite Lead (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: excellent knowledge hub within ibm
Cons: mid level management isn't good enough
I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 6 years. Excellent knowledge hub within IBM but Mid Level Management isn't good enough. There should be more transparency with respect to performance reviews.

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more

IBM Salaries