IBM Employee Reviews

Found 4,714 reviews matching the search
most jobs are heading overseas
SDM (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 30, 2017
executives are directed to move jobs to off shore countries. Some areas are hit harder than other, but all in all the presence in the U. S. is decreasing.
Pros
there are still some great people at IBM
Cons
Benefits / perks have been reduced over the years
Short Staffed and overworked
Senior IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 29, 2017
Best thing for me was getting laid off from IBM. If you are in the GBS division there is no hardcore technical training available other than IBM way. Was given flip phone for support. I could upgrade to a better smartphone if I wanted to pay for half the phone price. Good luck if you end up working fort his company..
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Continue replacing US workers with H1B and offshore workers, No support from management they would not even participate on client support calls, Required to train offshore replacement staff that replaced me, No 401K match until middle of December, so if they lay you off they don't have to contribute anything.
Learn while working
Senior Desktop Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2017
Although only one and half years working with IBM, It was a lot difference than I usually work, learning the tech skill while working and also learning the centralize management. A good place to work with.
Productive environment
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Guru gram, HR,IndianJanuary 28, 2017
The culture of this company is great and everyone I worked with was supportive.
Though the compensation was less I enjoyed learning new things.
Overall good company to work and start your career.
Love the hours and the people
Building Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 28, 2017
This job is pretty easy. If you don't mind getting dirty, this is actually a decent job. In my department and all around the plant, the people make my days amazing! I never leave work in a bad mood!
Pros
Full time and great people
Cons
The plant environment is dangerous
Great at First
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Supported the Internal Recruitment team by sourcing, screening and creating candidate pipelines in North America and Globally also • Responsible for opening all Job Roles for North America in Brassring as well as posting on third party job sites (Career Builder and LinkedIn); including maintaining and updating tracking logs, quality of applications, and cost per advert
Good temp Job: no room to advance and no pay
OIT/HaE (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 27, 2017
IBM threw out all its trained staff years ago, now they pay bottom barrel prices to get temporary workers to do 6 figure jobs for hourly wages. Horrible place to work, boring.
Great people to work with at the consultant level. Executive leadership's priorities are misplaced.
IBM Watson Bluemix Dialog Service Developer (Former Employee) –  MultipleJanuary 26, 2017
Fellow consultants were generally great to work with.
I learned a lot.
IBM's executive leadership's obsession with earnings per share and transferring US jobs to India and other overseas locations has degraded the quality of what we've produced for clients and has hurt IBM's reputation in the market place.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the occasional self-serving executive who did not put clients first.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction that comes from making significant contributions to solving clients' business problems.
Pros
Dedicated fellow employees, good healthcare.
Cons
Excessive management overhead expenses, this suppresses the compensation of the people who actually do the work.
Loose management
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2017
unstructured management; Not a collaborative environment per se. You have to constantly find things to do otherwise would be marked as insignificant on the team.
Loved the job
Lead in Packaging Area (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 26, 2017
The job itself was great all I could ask for. Was fun because of the work and the people. Management was full of nice people I am glad I was able to work here.
fun and enjoyable
assembly tech- repair tech-solder specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 26, 2017
enjoyed being a employee of IBM. They treated me like I was human.
They cared about all of us. Hate when they left NC. Would go back to work for them in a heart beat.
Some of the best coworkers
Technical Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2017
IBM has some of the best coworkers anyone could ask for. Everyone works as a team and is willing to help each other at any time.
In growth areas IBM has upside, in struggling areas IBM can be ruthless
Enterprise Architect, Hardware Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 25, 2017
IBM can be an enjoyable place to work and compensates employees whom put in the time, but sometimes gets caught corporate initiatives which may not be beneficial to all areas. Therefore, IBM is losing out highly rated employees whom get RA'ed or do not conform to these strategies, such as co-location.
Desktop Support Services Technician
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Manage and support over 500 employees at various Branch locations.
- Utilize Windows Remote Assistance, and Remote Desktop Assistance, to support clients that are not currently located at my physical Branch.
- Working at various client sites has given me the ability to thrive, adapting to different Managerial Styles, and still provide stellar customer support and technical support.
- I enjoy hands on interaction with customers. People skills is one of my strong points, Technical skills are strong as well. Easier to implement, once you have the confidence of your customers.
Dynamic transformation influenced bydesign
UX Design Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Growth of the design profession within the corporation has been rapid and educational for the enterprise. Growing pains are evident and turn over for designers with less than 5 years is high.
Pros
Design Thinking is practiced throughout many teams
Cons
Turn over is too high
Cooperate enviroment
Delinquency Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 25, 2017
I think IBM is very good company to work for and I have learned a lot from the company . Its a lot of opportunity to move up in different departments.
Exciting and dynamic company to work for
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling Forest, NYJanuary 25, 2017
I was given the ability to manage over 40 of IBM's top commercial customers to provide superior service based on the contract terms. A typical workday would entail communicating and working with internal IBM teams and the commercial client to deliver outstanding customer service. I learned to be a self starter and to be a customer advocate. I worked with a team or professionals who shared this same culture. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see success with the customer based that I supported. The hardest part of my job was to deliver superior service with limited resources at times. I had to learn to balance service back to the customer while still maintaining service level objectives back to the client.
Good people - poor overall management
Sr Manager - Service Delivery Portfolio Management (Former Employee) –  RTP., NCJanuary 25, 2017
People are very dedicated to work but overall management focus is on REDUCE REDUCE REDUCE. I spent 14 years at IBM with excellent reviews but was unfortunately released during one of their regular Resource Actions.
Pros
Great working experience
Cons
focus on cost reductions and little regard for people
OK company to work for
Business Analyst/IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 25, 2017
A typical day at work depended on the client that I was assigned to. It was a demanding job that required me to be flexible and adaptable to ever changing environments.
Pros
good learning environment
LIAISON/ON-SITE (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJanuary 24, 2017
I was a contractor on site at a CSC and it was a good place to work. Many temp people there so there was a lot of turn around. People over all were nice and helpful, but some got very big heads as time went on. But still a nice place to work. Facility closed due to moving work to another facility and closed the warehouse and workers became unemployed if not permanent.
Pros
Good place to work Monday through Friday.
Cons
If not an IBM'er you did not get to reap the rewards of doing a good job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.