IBM
5,050 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

Great place to work with many very smart people
Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee), Essex Junction, VTDecember 8, 2014
Pros: i like the management, the work, and really like the work-life balance
Cons: job security (layoffs all the time), promotions and raises are very hard to get
I really like working at IBM. I have learned a lot and really like working with the people here. In my job there are times when there is a lot of pressure but I like that, its never boring. Plus it really pushes you to do more.
Staffing agency
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Texas City, TXDecember 7, 2014
This is a staffing agency. They are based in Houston. They have an office space in a building.

This thing will not accept just one sentence.
Great company
Network Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2014
Good managers, good pay. Busy work place, little to no down time. There is always something to do.
In house trainer
Field Engineer I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2014
Pros: travel was great
Cons: too much travel
Spent most of the day training new tech's on new applications
both hardware and software.
Co-workers were eager to learn.
The end of the day was when there were no hits no runs and no one stuck on down system.
Flexible, nurturing, innovative work environment
MARKETING PIPELINE LEAD, AIM Brand Worldwide (Current Employee), Rochester, MNDecember 3, 2014
I love working collaboratively on a day-to-day basis with a variety of people - whether it be the analysis team I am a part of or the teams I support and advise to make sound business decisions.
Dispute Analyst (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 3, 2014
Held a contract position. Was not impressed with management
3 out of 4 stars
Post Ship Coordinator/ Major Accounts (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 2, 2014
After completing basic training I was advanced to the post ship team for a fortune 500 company. I loved being a subject matter expert and for the faith the company had in me and the feed backl I provided. In the department which I was employed, I was a liasion between sales, logistics, software support and theatre operations. I would have hoped the position to have continued but unfortunately the position was outsourced.
IBM is a giant company with tons of opportunity.
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Boulder ColoradoDecember 2, 2014
Console Operations..worked with many talented and very experienced professionals.
80 plus hours of work a week to absorb layoffs
Service Delivery Manager, Linux and UNIX (Current Employee), North Jersey and Work from home in Central NJDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great team environment
Cons: resourse actions taken to cut costs making it hard to delive the services that we contracted
The company was always shipping jobs oversees to cut costs, coausing impact to our customers
Beautiful views
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, CODecember 2, 2014
This was my first "real" job and I am glad I was able to get involved with this company.
Great Company
System Service Representative (Current Employee), Boulder, CODecember 2, 2014
IBM gave me the opportunity of know what a good job is, my only concern is the lack of employee professional development.
Excellent Company
VISUAL DESIGNER (Current Employee), RALEIGHDecember 1, 2014
Pros: work at home
Project manager and creative designer on the production of web and print collateral including:

High quality visual designs from concept to execution, including those for desktop, web and mobile devices at a variety of resolutions. Reflect and enforce the IBM brand and design standards.

Print brochures, data sheets, white papers, logo designs, flyers, manual covers, proposals, product packaging, magazines, posters, exhibit trade booths and direct mailers.
Productive and fun work environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDDecember 1, 2014
Great group of people to work with and for, worked with a variety of people and different organizations all over the U.S.

Learned to manage people and organize my time more efficiently.

Optimized my resources and skills in a very busy environment
A lot of tech to work with, but little advancement as a contractor
Resiliency Services Contractor (Current Employee), Sterling Forest, NYDecember 1, 2014
Good place to work, great people, however as a contractor it is not easy to advance or make more money.
Great place to learn
Security Delivery Specialist (Current Employee), Hopewell Junction, NYNovember 30, 2014
I was in a global department providing security services to US and International clients. A typical day is extremely high pace and demanding. It is an in office open cubicle environment so team interaction happens all day. The hardest part about the job is the high volume of clients and their daily tasks ranging from high severity issues, projects, to business as usual. It is never slow, and the amount of people on the team do not add up to the workload. This is challenging, but rewarding for skills in the end.
Remote work from home
Remote lead ticket coordinator (Current Employee), Blue Springs, MONovember 29, 2014
Pros: working from home.
Cons: do not work hands on with staff members.
Remote lead ticket coordinator for desk side related tickets from all sites in the United States and India.Manage all Remedy Action Request System queues assigned to desktop. Analyze ticket trends and outages to ensure service agreements are met and communicate these findings with Team Leads.
Excellent place to gain experience and knowledge
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 26, 2014
Pros: great growth opportunity and professional people
Cons: a lot of lay offs
I worked as an executive assistant to the VP of the legal department. I was a demanding position and I loved the challenge. I enjoyed working with the people and gained a lot of experience while I was employed there. Unfortunately, IBM had a lot of lay offs during the time I was there and also had hiring freezes. I had good hours and was close to home. It led to a lot of business opportunities for me later on.
Excellent training and people
Channels Sales Representative (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 25, 2014
Pros: brand recognition
Cons: product marketing
Wonderful place to train and develop long-term skills. Truly innovative and takes a leadership position.
Great company. Top management very sound
Design Engineer, for IBM 200MHz (Former Employee), Rochester, MNNovember 25, 2014
Pros: great work culture and processes.
Cons: move slowly.
IBM stands out as the lasting great company. It has its process in place for every aspect of engineering work and management. Everything goes by the book. It is very solid, but a bit less flexible. It survived for so many downturns with its processes.
Diverse working environment
Sr. Oracle Database Engineer (DBA) (Current Employee), Dubuque, IANovember 24, 2014
• Provided Production, Development and Test Servers support for 24X7 database availability for Oracle Databases.
• Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products, setup and maintain tens of Oracle 9i/10g RAC databases on Linux enterprise server, establishing and maintaining sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
• Installed and configured 11g in Production and non-production environments.
• Worked as part of a global team to provide 24/7 supports
• Setup and maintained documentation and standards
• Setup and monitored the data replication and standby databases
• Created manual log shipping to create standby server in Standard Edition.
• Participate in building Data Warehouse and Reporting system
• Worked with development team extensively
• Applied quarterly CPU (SPU) / PSU Patches on Development and Production Environment.
• Supported and advised the development teams on database related issues
• Maintained RAC environment with ASM.
• Installed and configured 11g R2 RAC with ASM on Linux with IBM
• Set up Stand by databases using Oracle Data Guard.
• Assisted developers in tuning SQL statements in the applications and in creating stored procedures, Triggers, Functions, Cursors and Packages.
• Designed and implemented Disaster recovery strategies, hot and cold backups.
• Designed, tested and implemented Oracle high availability solutions
• Planed and Practiced Disaster Recovery Operations
• Carried out the setting up of RMAN back up schedules of databases
• Performed Instance tuning using tools like Stats pack etc.
• Created and managed both system level and object level roles and privileges for various users. Killing sessions and revoking user privileges and roles

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more