IBM
4,034 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

It was a fun place to work, and the employees very helpful.
Message Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Cary, NCJune 25, 2014
Pros: the employees
Cons: indoors most of the time.
This is was actually the best job I ever had, as it kept me very busy and energized with the atmosphere of IBM.
Stay away
Storage Support Specialist (Former Employee), Boulder, COJune 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no time or money for training and education, people are overworked, no raises, morale is horrible
Unable to meet revenue growth targets for 2015 road map in largest division, IT service delivery. This was once their fastest and most profitable division but with competition with firms using cheaper labor offshore has gutted their ability to increase revenue and sign new business. Job cuts and furloughs are constant. Contracts are written with razor – more... thin margins won with the hope of making money on the back end or using IBM infrastructure to gain efficiencies and often based on false assumptions. Engagement teams and sales architects disengage after new business is signed and are not accountable for the success of the solutions and leaves delivery holding the bag when there are unrealistic customer expectations or wildly inaccurate labor cost projections (which end up causing furloughs and layoffs down the road) Contractors are furloughed and regular employees are laid off and or worked to death by additional responsibilities when team members leave and they do not allow hiring of replacements, no raises . . and morale is BAD – less
IBM is no longer a top 100 company
Senior Marketing/Solutions Mgr. (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 24, 2014
IBM back in its hay day was a number 1 or 2 company to work for. Employees were treated with respect, and if you performed you had a job for life. That culture no longer holds true, the change in culture has hurt this company. The dynamic's of the market does have an effect on companies culture, but it should not have an effect on the core culture.
Challenging technical enviroment
Consultant (Former Employee), Home office NJJune 24, 2014
Pros: 100% remote work location
Cons: more work than the team could keep up with
Opportunity to grow technically
Opportunity to upgrade enterprise systems
Excellent team with superb technical capabilities
Fun and gr8 work
System Characterization and Validation Engineer (Current Employee), Manyatha tech park , Bangalore, KAJune 24, 2014
loved the work, hands-on on the latest of technologies, the US team is experienced and gr8 to work with.Enjoyed my stay every bit
very good company
Test Analyst (Current Employee), Tustin, CAJune 24, 2014
very good company
for women.
this is having very good projects in offshore and in onsite.
No review
Tech Lead and Designer roles (Current Employee), Bangalore, IndiaJune 24, 2014
IBM gives flexibility of location, work hours and is a great company to be in. Co-workers are among the best people.
Reorg
Business Development Executive, Power Systems (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2014
Constant Reorganization. Two rounds of lay offs and 4 reorganizations in last eighteen months.
IBM is a great place to work but the company is struggling
PowerLinux ISV Project Manager (Former Employee), RTP, NCJune 21, 2014
Pros: diversity, customer and isv interaction, always something new to learn
Cons: dealing with multiple time zones around the world.
I worked remotely. I would begin with meetings early in the morning with Europe and India and would finish late in the day with China. I would work with marketing and sales teams to determine what our independent software vendors and potential customer required to move their applications to the Power Linux platforms and to bring it to market. I would – more... then arrange for the needed IBM resources to be made available. Resources included, education, hardware, technical support, SOWs, whitepapers, etc...My job also required me to present status to IBM executives on a regular basis. I had been doing PM work for years but interfacing with the Sales and Marketing was new. I learned how to work with customers and ISVs. My management was always available if needed. I have been self managed for years. My management would provide support if issues arrived and I wan not able acquire the needed resources for an ISV or a customer. My co-workers spanned several groups and countries. Mostly I worked with the marketing/sales groups to get requirements and the technical people to help deliver the resources needed. The hardest part of the job was the multitude of projects needing attention at one time. This was challenging but also made the job more interesting. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with diverse groups within IBM and ISVs. They all had unique perspectives and requirements. There was always something new to learn. – less
Operational Professional (Current Employee), New Delhi, ILJune 21, 2014
Good Place to Work and best to learn.
• Extensive experience with analysis, design, development, customizations and implementation of SAP applications.
SAP SD Team Lead (Former Employee), New JerseyJune 19, 2014
Challenging and rewarding employment opportunities
PM, Course Developer and Technical Trainer (Former Employee), FL, CAJune 19, 2014
Challenging and rewarding employment opportunities, international travel and educational experiences
Human Resources and Recruiting professional
Recruiting (Contractor) (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 18, 2014
Pros: i love working with my peers, candidates, and enjoy the flexibility
Cons: pay! contract assignments and would be to find a stable job
I really enjoy working in HR and Recruiting because I have an opportunity to work with several people in different parts of the US. In my profession, I have learned in several areas and have graduated with a masters in HR Management which has given me additional knowledge of how HR is operated. The experience has provided the tools to assist others – more... throughout my career. However, I would appreciate finding a stable opportunity where I can advance within a company that I will enjoy working. – less
Lots of changes took place from the time I was a contractor to when I left as a regular employee (IBMer).
Secretary (Former Employee), Various sites in Westchester Co. and NYCJune 17, 2014
Pros: i learned quite a bit of computer technology compared to most other secretaries or friends, financially secure company with a good reputation.
Cons: evaluation process, long work day, many ot hours, most secys were overwhelmed due to an extremely heavy volume workload, the many "principals" or executives from first line managers upward supported.
Lots of diverse staff and culture. The Administrative Assistants/Secretaries were not managed or evaluated directly by the executives they supported but rather Secretarial Managers who really could not know the full scope of your job (depending on each department/division of IBM) or how it truly was performed.
Fun people to work with but band management
Apple Advisor Center (Former Employee), Boulder, COJune 16, 2014
Pros: great people work with
Cons: you had to take break go bathroom, bad management
I loved working at apple care for the people that work there. The management was very nice to you but really bad at help there employers. They change your schedule with out telling you. Force you do thing you did not want do. If they don't like you they will fire you for any reason. It was fun place to work all around because of people that work you.
IBM Review
Testing Specialist (Current Employee), Dublin, OHJune 16, 2014
A good place to get your career on the right path. One learns to hold their own in a corporate environment, and at the same time get exposure to different projects.
Excellent Experience working for IBM
Advisory Channel Client Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 16, 2014
IBM gave me the opportunity to advance and learn much about tecnology and ever changing product line, programs and offerings.
Excellent Place To Work
Delinquency Management (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 16, 2014
This is an excellent place to work. Despite the budget cut's that IBM goes through this job is really challenging. If you enjoy a challenge and enjoy not doing the same thing everyday or at least not knowing what to expect this is for you.
I have learnt many thing to improve my professional and personal life.
Workload Manager (Current Employee), BangaloreJune 16, 2014
I have learnt many thing to improve my professional and personal life.
Great Place to work
Industry Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Endicott, NYJune 15, 2014
Pros: lots of training opportunities
Cons: lots of travel
I very much enjoyed my work with IBM as I had the opportunity to grow and learn quite a bit. I also had the opportunity to work on a number of state government projects as a Subject Matter Expert, Business Analyst, and Tester. I was treated well and would recommend employment with IBM to anyone.

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more