IBM
6,085 reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

A day at IBM
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Littleton, MAMay 30, 2015
Work day starts early due to development staff in China and India. Early morning calls are from home. Company offers good work life balance and flexibility to drop children at school before heading to work.
Work load varies on day to day basis but is usually 9 hours +. Co-workers are easy to work with and talented.
There is no company provided training or career path. Salary raises are rare and bonus amounts are small if at all.
Company is too bureaucratic.
Good enviroment
Financial and controlling team leader (Current Employee), EgypyMay 30, 2015
Good environment , continues education , big school , caring of employees without any work life balance , heavy responsibility and challenging very large projects
No Review
Customer Engineer (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMay 30, 2015
No review Not my job to rate former employer. However I dd enjoy working for IBM. They paid me well and gave good benefits.
Cognos and Tableau
Sr. Developer (Cognos (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJMay 29, 2015
• 7+ years Business Intelligence experience using Cognos Series 7, ReportNet, Series 8 and Series 10 - Impromptu 7.1/6.6/6.x, PowerPlay, Transformer, Impromptu Web Reports (IWR), Upfront, Power Prompts, Visualizer, Cognos Query, Architect, Powerplay Enterprise Server, Cognos DecisionStream, Scripting, Framework Manager, Cognos Connection, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Event Studio, Metrics Studio, Map Manager, Business Insight, Business Insight Advanced, Active Reports.
• Recent experience with Cognos 10.2.1 version, installation and configuration, development of Active reports, Dashboard reports using Cognos workspace, Cognos workspace advanced. Experience in Migration of the applications from Cognos Series 7 to Report Net and 8BI and upgrading the cognos content from cognos 8.x to Cognos 10.x
Great company to work for.
Lotus Note/ Domino Specialist - SME (Current Employee), Columbia, MOMay 29, 2015
As a Lotus Note/ Domino Specialist - SME, my schedule varies widely every day. I spend the majority of my week in meetings with my clients. Typically these are multiple group sessions. I also spend a few hours every day training, observing, and providing feedback on projects that are placed in my work queue. So about 50% of my time is spent working directly with clients, and 50% of my time is spent working with my team. The rest of my time is spent completing documentation on my projects, meeting with system operations personnel to check in on project implementation needs, and setting goals for the following week. You will see this adds up to more than 100% of my time: I always strive to go above and beyond for my clients.
This was a contract posistion
Contractor Carlson Wagonlit (Current Employee), Holland, MIMay 29, 2015
Not bad - As a contractor you're separate from the normal employed staff so you don't feel involved. That said, they were pretty good to work with.
Productive WorkPlace
Email Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, MissouriMay 28, 2015
Pros: Layed back attitude, non-micro management
Cons: Hard to advance
Help Desk related activities.
Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory is what I learned.
Great Co-Workers
I love working in a team environment.
Get to travel all over the world and work on many different projects
SAP APO Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Glendale, CAMay 28, 2015
Get to travel all over the world and work on many different project with flexible work hours. Great place to build your network.
My typical day
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Rocket Center, WVMay 28, 2015
Pros: Time off when needed
Cons: Salary
I currently work on 2 projects. In the morning I take calls as a Service Desk Analyst for troubleshooting various issue for a federal agency's employees. In the afternoon, I perform on and off boarding coordination of documents for requested individuals as they start or end their position with a separate federal entity. Both of these positions fall under my employer as a contract with my employer. I really like the people I work with and the work keeps me busy but it is not my field of interest. I am a people person and want to interact face to face with people in a social setting. My degrees are in social sciences and justice & security administration. I would really love to work in the investigation or research field or even in an administrative capacity that would pay my for a combination of my skill, education, and experience both work and life. I am a Army combat veteran, mother, wife, and compassionate about what I believe in. I believe that on the job training is the best kind of experience that gets you trained better than going through college to earn a piece of paper.
LAN Administrator/ IT Specialist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 28, 2015
Pros: became specialized in the IT Industry
Cons: My job role was cut to part-time.
I enjoyed the people I worked with. I learned a lot about Information Technology from mentors and on the job training. The hardest part of the job was keeping all of the Servers and desktop PC's in the Little Rock branch up to date.
too much overtime
Senior IT Specialist (Former Employee), RTP, NCMay 28, 2015
Pros: Professional co-workers
Cons: overtime, politics
Other than squeezing as much overtime out of folks as possible, IBM is a pretty good place to work. You can get access to lots of training.
Mogage consultant (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 28, 2015
Pros: Learning
Cons: management offers
Learned the laws to HARP, along with many other laws. Great for learning for hands on and the laws of mortgage industry. Management was above par.
Hardest part was not being able to approve someone for the HARP program.
Most enjoyable was approving someone for HARP and talking to people.
Relaxed, professional and after work activities
Senior Cash and Fulfillment Administrator (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMay 27, 2015
Pros: Good People
The management was great. The atmosphere was nice. I enjoyed the job and the people. The job was sometimes stressful due the amount of work required, but we maintained good morale.
Great place to work!
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2015
I loved working for IBM. Productive, yet fun environment with great people and management. There was always a co worker or management to assist you if you needed help. If not for the lay off, I would mostly likely still work there.
Many opportunities for learning and expanding ones knowledge
Agile Thought Leard, Agile Coach (Current Employee), New Jersey, RemoteMay 27, 2015
Pros: Excellent staff of very qualified people. Good team spirit and work ethics.
Cons: Company too focused on bottom line and not about employees.
Excellent staff of very qualified people. Good team spirit and work ethics. Company trying to re-invent itself. Very much focused on the bottom line a lot more can be done in motivating innovation.
Good
SAP MM consultant (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILMay 26, 2015
Work life balance is good
Good company
Cross module knowledge
On demand community
Timings
New things to learn
downsizing, getting out of manufacturing
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 26, 2015
Pros: It's a paycheck
Cons: no job security, management doesn't seem to be clued in to the company's direction.
24 hour a day seven days a week job only to be sold to a Chinese company. No employee loyalty left. All of the old attractive benefits are gone.
Great Company
on-call technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 26, 2015
Great pay. Great people to work with. The only downside is IBMs lack of forward thinking management. A once leading company has become all but obsolete.
Good Work Life Balance
Manager, GPS Development Lab - Austin (Current Employee), WAH Dallas AreaMay 26, 2015
Pros: Work Remotely, Good Work Balance, Long History
Cons: Offshore growth consuming Domestic postions
Large Solid organization based on process and procedure, which has served them well in the past. Unfortunately, competition is strong and then need to be agile and flexible to meet new demands creates stresses. because of it's size, organizational structure, and processes, it can be very bureaucratic to accomplish simple tasks. The employee resources are talented, however there is a long legacy of structure. Domestic advancement is limited above a Senior Technical position. Advancement in management is extremely limited. Salary growth is also very tightly controlled. The hardest part of this job is working the legacy processes. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the talented resources that the company has.
Business Analyst Providing Websphere Support (Former Employee), Columbia, MOMay 26, 2015
Exciting projects. Great management. Great opportunities for growth.

Co-workers were extremely intelligent. Great team players.

Leaving the company was the most difficult.

Meetings, new challenges.

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more

IBM Salaries