Remote Inpatient Coding Consultant
IOD’s people, process and technology give healthcare organizations an HIM edge. If you share our commitment to providing service that is second-to-none, we invite you to join our team of more than 1,500 HIM specialists, healthcare veterans and thought-leaders nationwide. If you are passionate about what you do, then you belong with the leading provider of full suite HIM solutions. IOD's Coding/HIM Consulting/EMR Abstraction Division is looking for HIM professionals to join our rapidly growing team!
We are currently hiring remote inpatient coders for full-time or part time employment opportunities.
WE OFFER EXCELLENT BENEFITS INCLUDING
- 2 Year Retention BONUS - up to $18,000
- SIGN ON BONUS - up to $5,000
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Free ICD-10 Training and Education
- Free CE credits – Minimum of 12 per year
- 120 hours PTO, plus two holiday floating PTO days
- 16 hours of education annually
- Six Paid Holidays
- Referral bonus for coding experts
- Monthly incentives to win iPads and other awards
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K Savings Plan
- Personal Computer with dual monitors
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Remote Inpatient Coder
- Assigning diagnostic and procedural codes to patient records using ICD-9-CM and CPT/HCPCS and any other designated coding classification system in accordance with the UHDDS coding guidelines.
- Reviewing medical records and assigning accurate codes for diagnoses and procedures
- Assigning and sequencing codes accurately based on medical record documentation
- Assigning the appropriate discharge disposition
- Abstracting and entering coded data for hospital statistical and reporting requirements
- Communicating documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution
- Tracking their own continuing education credits to maintain professional credentials
- Communicating with co-workers, management, and hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues
- Adhering to the American Health Information Management Association’s code of ethics.
QUALIFICATIONS: Remote Inpatient Coder
- Minimum of 3 years experience inpatient coding or auditing
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), or Certified Coding Specialist - Physician (CCS-P) credentials
- Recent experience in an academic/teaching hospital as an inpatient coder
- Experience coding or auditing inpatient records for various facilities
- Track record of acceptable productivity standards
- Maintain 95% accuracy rate for DRG assignment and 95% productivity rate
- Experience with various software including EMR, Encoder and Auditing software
With more than 30 years of experience and 1,800 locations nationwide, IOD is the leader in full suite HIM services solutions that help hospitals, health systems, and clinics streamline and simplify HIM workflow. With comprehensive solutions including document conversion, release of information (ROI), coding, auditing, abstracting, ICD-10 transition services, RAC services, along with complete training and HIM consulting, IOD empowers healthcare organizations to overcome workflow challenges and focus on their most mission-critical initiatives. The result is improved patient/physician satisfaction, increased HIM efficiencies and a stronger bottom line.