Key Areas of Responsibility
Interact with engineering product development team to assemble and test mechanical, electrical, and software systems. Review and interpret test results providing feedback on product improvements while delivering clear, meaningful and repeatable test results. Write technical summaries of performed tests. Perform a broad variety of tasks in support of the mechanical engineering team. Assembly of electrical components and designs as directed by Development Team. Test software features and suggest feature enhancements. Verify quality through ensuring that code meets customer needs and requirements. Ensure that new features added to code work and do not break existing stable code.
- Experience with soldering small electrical components must have a fair amount of agility and coordination.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and root-cause analysis skills
- High degree of ownership and professional commitment required
- Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization
- Ability to multitask and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively
- Clear thinker: Simplifying strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed & accuracy based on best available information and communicating priorities clearly & concisely
- Team-focused and self-motivated, with the ability to work on a schedule and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow technical instructions in order to operate mechanical, electrical, and software tools
- Ability to write technical summaries of performed tests
- CAD experience (Solidworks)
- Experience soldering, machining, related fabrication
- Past experience at engineering company or research lab
- Enthusiastic personality, searching to go above and beyond required tasks
- BS Degree in engineering or other technical discipline