JOB SUMMARY: Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes and Engineering in industrial plant. Evaluates, develops and implements manufacturing process improvements as well as design, analyze, and trouble shoot a wide variety of product lines from concept to manufacturing release by performing the following duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design and requirements, fabrication, assembly, tooling, fixture design, welding, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Provide engineering support and leads problem solving/troubleshooting events.
Implements timely solutions to maintain the continuity of production flow.
- Strong knowledge around manufacturing processes like mapping and streamlining process flows in order to eliminate bottlenecks and waste within a manufacturing production floor operation.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing
information and trends.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Support Quality System Improvement as well as support reduction of
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with project management, engineering, materials handling and quality engineering staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Quality Engineering - Electrical Engineering – Mechanical Engineering - or related field; 7+ years related experience and/or training in quality engineering; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in large scale manufacturing is a must.
- Hands on work experience in any ERP systems/platforms (similar to Epicor or NetSuite for example)
- Certified Six Sigma (Green to Black belt) and Lean Manufacturing experience required and experience with Solidworks preferred.
- Experience in the Manufacturing Engineering field required.
- Lean Manufacturing experience required and experience with Solid works preferred.
- Must have hands on manufacturing experience.
- Able to mentally visualize and comprehend all aspects of manufacturing equipment and tooling problems and be attentive to detail.
- Understanding of quality planning methods and measuring equipment required.
IPS Balers designs and manufactures a complete line of balers with innovative features for superior performance and unmatched production....