IQ Tech Pros is looking to hire a BI/Data Architect to join our Cognos BI Practice. IQ Tech Pros is the world's largest full service IT integration network, with over 20,000 members we help IT professionals become Elite and earn upto 40% more money by working on our Client Projects.
We are currently recruiting for a Cognos expert for a 12 month Project with our Fortune 100 client.
- Model and design Cognos reporting packages using Framework Manager for both star schema and relational databases.
- Model and develop OLAP cubes using transformer.
- Responsible for maintaining and extending the Business Intelligence reporting model.
- Support the reporting and ETL team in defining best practices for new project initiatives.
- Support and work with end users to help find information within the Enterprise Data Warehouse once it is implemented
- Ensure that all elements of requirements specification, functional and technical design are aligned and consistent
- Initiate and lead conversations around the architectural vision to management and developers on all standards, shared services and inter-application component communication.
- Lead the development effort of internal and external developer resources, set technical direction.
- Work with the functional teams and business analysts to estimate projects and translate business requirements into statements of work.
- Provide recommendations on product release strategies and versioning approaches.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure delivery of agreed-upon functionality on time and to the satisfaction of the business.
- Leverage technical expertise of peers and external resources as needed to ensure high-quality, effective solutions are delivered.
- Determine the feasibility of solutions, make recommendations, perform analysis, program and test activities as required.
- Collaborate with business management group to develop and articulate business requirements and opportunities that can be addressed with new and enhanced IT systems and solutions.
- Help resolve all project and operational issues.
- Design applications using standard documentation templates and tools.
- Ensure development team is conforming to documented standards. Add to these standards as the need arises.
- Writes technical and functional specifications.
- Participate in the development of strategies, solutions, and systems design.
- Work with DBA team to design tables, queries, and packages to obtain information from and send information to remote databases.
- Performs code reviews with development resources.
- Recognize and report key issues to supervisor
- Report status to supervisor of assigned deliverables
- Manage own time and work effort effectively
- Experience in complete life cycle of design, development and implementation of data warehousing projects including specifically designing enterprise data model; Creating OLAP Cubes and data architecture; logical and physical Database design, and business intelligence reporting
- Proven track record of successful BI solution delivery and involvement.
- Proven Track record of successful data architecture solution delivery and involvement
- Working knowledge of fundamentals across data modeling and data architecture
- Strong understanding of Dimensional and Star Schema data modeling
- Strong understanding of Relational Database concepts including SQL.
- Thorough knowledge of data warehouse design and ETL Development methodologies and best practices
- Strong understanding of OLAP cube development and creating and maintaining BI reporting environment (Cognos Packages, Business Object Universe etc) Working knowledge of relational database architecture
- In-depth knowledge of business process best practices and methodology, and the organizational objectives and goals they are intended to support.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team–oriented environment
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience delivering formal designs to teams of developers.
- Experience reviewing requirements with the business users and the business analysts.
- Experience in presenting and demonstrating solutions to clients
- Experience in utilizing full life-cycle development methodologies
- Experience with multiple database vendors (including at least one of: Oracle, MS SQL)
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or IT related field or relevant experience.
- 5+ years experience in related field.
- 5+ years experience with BI/DW Technologies including ETL(Cognos BI, Business Objects, Datastage, Informatica and SQL)
If you are ready to earn upto 40% more money then you are currently Apply Today!!
IQ Tech Pros, with over 20,000 consultants, is the world’s largest full-service IT integration network. The company helps IT...