ISI is seeking an experienced AutoCAD Inventor designer who is highly proficient with solid modeling. Inventor experience is a MUST. However, we will consider the right entry-level or near entry-level candidate, provided they have received extensive Inventor training and can demonstrate adequate solid modeling skills.
ISI designs, builds, installs and services material handling and conveyor systems and food and beverage production lines for some of the biggest companies in the world. We also have a custom metal fabrication shop. We are now seeking a Mechanical Designer with current AutoCAD and AutoCAD Inventor skills, substantial fabrication design experience, and substantial conveyor and production line design experience.
This position involves design in the following areas (and more):
- Food and beverage production lines
- Conveyor systems and components
- Sheet metal
- Platforms & mezzanines
- Pipe installation
ISI is seeking candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- Excellent solid modeling skills (AutoCAD Inventor VERY strongly preferred)
- Excellent design/drafting skills in AutoCAD 2006 or later
- Machine design experience
- Conveyor design is very helpful
- Plant layout experience is helpful
- Strong knowledge of fabrication principles and processes, including substantial sheet metal experience and understanding of weldments and bends
- Project management experience is helpful
- Ability to invite and accept constructive feedback
- Ability to develop design drawings based on clients' standards and specifications
- Ability to program for a waterjet is a plus
- Experience in the food and beverage industry is a very big plus
- Experience in the package handling industry is a very big plus
- Ability to complete drawings accurately and quickly
- Ability to interact with shop frequently and consistently to obtain ideas, ensure quality and correct errors
ISI is located just north of York, PA. Fishing, boating, hunting, hiking and camping opportunities are all located nearby. We are an easy day trip from Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, DC. Although we prefer local candidates, others will be considered. No relocation assistance is available (though this may be negotiable). We are unable to sponsor visas.
We offer competitive pay (based on experience), health, dental and vision benefits and a retirement package. Please send cover letter and resume with salary history and requirements via link provided or to:
Industrial Service & Installation, Inc.
290 Emig Rd.
P.O. Box 436
Emigsville, PA 17318
Fax: (717) 767-1705
A relevant associates degree is required. 5 years of experience is required, unless you can demonstrate mastery of Inventor. Machinery/equipment design experience is essential. Experience in food and beverage equipment design and layout is preferred. Experience with conveyor systems is very strongly preferred.
All candidates must pass a background check.
A drafting test is required. During this test, you will use AutoCAD Inventor to design industrial stairs leading to a mezzanine, per real-world specifications that ISI uses routinely. You will also be asked to detail the components of those stairs and create a bill of materials. This test can take up to 6 hours.
ISI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.