ISMG is looking to hire a Part Time / Full Time Dispatcher.
ISMG. is dedicated to providing our clients with the leading physical security, life safety and remote video intrusion detection solutions. Our security, technology and managed service capabilities afford immediate solutions for today's fast-paced business environment. Our goal is to provide reliable managed services that propel customer success thus allowing you to do what you do best - concentrate on your primary core business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The incumbent must have the ability to:
- Receive emergency calls from the public requesting police or other emergency service; determine nature and location of emergency, determine priority and dispatch emergency units as necessary and in accordance with established procedures.
- Coordinate emergency calls and relay information and assistance requests involving other public safety agencies.
- Maintain contact with all units on assignment; maintain status and location of patrol field units along with standing post.
- Answer non-emergency and maintenance service calls for assistance.
- Perform a variety of record keeping, filing, and other general clerical work; maintain a variety of documents relating to public safety activities; prepare related reports as requested
- Learn departmental policies and procedures for service requests.
- Learn geographic feature and streets within the area served.
- Learn police codes, practices and methods.
- Work under pressure, exercise good judgment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Effectively and courteously deal with the public.
- Work various shifts and Holidays as assigned.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Perform any other tasks or functions deemed necessary to the daily operations of the employer.
-Must have POST certification for Dispatcher
THE ABOVE LIST OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND MAY BE SUPPLEMENTED AS
NECESSARY BY THE EMPLOYER.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position requires prolonged sitting, twisting, turning, bending, in the performance of daily office activities. The position also requires grasping, repetitive hand movement
and finger coordination in preparing statistical reports and data, using a computer keyboard. Additionally the position requires near
and far vision in reading correspondence and using the computer, and acute hearing when providing phone and counter service to the
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: requires equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade
and 2 years of general clerical experience, a typing speed of 45 corrected wpm
Possession of, and continuously throughout employment, a valid CA Class C Driver’s License.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: Candidates must be able to pass an background investigation along with drug screening.
Education: Graduation from high school or recognized equivalent.
Experience: Dispatching including two-way radio and call taking operations. Ability to type at the rate of 45 wpm.
Special Requirements: Ability to work any shift in a 24-hour/day, 7-day/week operation on a rotational basis. Ability to work mandatory overtime. Ability and willingness to wear mandatory uniform.
ISMG PPO # 16827