IT Employee Reviews

New Ownership
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLSeptember 24, 2016
They created a hostile environment and compensation was lowered 3 times for all employees. Constant HR violations regarding use of language, violent outbursts, and more
A Day in the Life at DIRECTV
Executive Assistant- Assistant to V.P. Ted Gresham (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 16, 2016
What an amazing ride it was to be with DIRECTV! Every day was challenging and yet fun and always a pleasure to be there and learn more and let others know of this incredible product!
My day started sprinting and ended sprinting. I supported several leaders and was very busy and just loved the environment and the people that I worked for.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
I have no cons about this company.
Good young workplace with plenty of room to expand.
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 8, 2016
Sales employees and jobs are really taking off here. It's a young office with plenty of room for growth and has a good vision. The management is solid and the. Workload is very balanced. I enjoy this job a lot.
A Good Place to Work
LEAD ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHAugust 8, 2016
A typical day in Corporate IT consists of customer engagement--from analyzing problems, identifying solutions, and fulfilling requests. Management focuses on meeting organizational goals. Co-workers focus on what needs to be accomplished and the most efficient way. The hardest part of the job is supporting the large number of applications (desktop, server, and web) that exist in the environment. The most enjoyable part of the job on any day would be engaging our internal and external customers and suppliers.
Company is great to work for.
IT Security Anslyst (Current Employee) –  MarlboroJune 27, 2016
Worked with vendor to pull requested audit reports from application no longer supported by vendor. Worked on various project handed off to the Security Administration group to provision access and control that meets company requirements and compliance.
Pros
Very demanding envirpnment to work in.
Cons
The company provides full beneffit package.
Very rewarding with tons of Travel
Runner/Purchasing/Remediation (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOApril 27, 2016
You would be on call 24/7 and could leave for almost any part of the US within a days notice. I traveled to many states and performed many task related to the remediation industry. Great co-workers and the management was easy to get along with.
nice work environment
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 29, 2016
Learning new things is always been my scope of work in my day to day job. Getting new experience in learning from new development in technology always excites me and keeps me updated in the environment. Working with different level of expertise from people in the project is always been an exciting experienced. Leading the team is always been my passion and sharing my experienced for the progress of the project is one enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
cover job expense like travel and accomodations
Cons
healthcare
Challenging
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Graniteville, SCSeptember 8, 2015
Decent amount of bad apples politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
Team Culture
Cons
Job Stress, Job Family Balancing
Great Place
Director of IT - HIPAA Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 18, 2015
Pay could be better, mission is excellent. Great place to work to make a difference. Close to all major areas of access. Multiple locations in Stamford and Bridgeport.
Fast paced but fun!
Global Operations Analyst II (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEApril 6, 2015
My company is a fantastic company to work for, my typical day includes managing multiple platforms and applications as well as communicating on a global level to ensure our Data Centers world wide are kept at their peak performance. Over the last six years, my diverse work experience has allowed me to gain excellent analytic and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent communication and management skills. Management is involved with every process in the Network Operations Center (NOC) which creates a great management friendly environment. All of my co-workers are great, no complaints. The hardest part of my job is the language difference, since we are the end point communications for all our sites all over the world, we see a vast array of nationalities and languages. The most enjoyable part of my job is fixing the issues when they come up. I love critical thinking and troubleshooting.
Its
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton MISeptember 1, 2014
No room for advancement, small company. Company to far from home.
Reliable and well maintained
CompTIAA+ Computers (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2014
You would help an IT professional at the many necessities and you would work from 5 am to 3 pm
I learned a good work ethic and I learned how to maintain the IT environment
The hardest part of the job is the nun-flexible hours
The best part is the benefits
Pros
Free luches
Cons
nun-flexible hours
Fast paced and productive
MANAGER, IT Services (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 12, 2014
Work with smart and driven individuals
Management is engaged
Benefits are excellent
Enjoyed being able to use my expertise
Lead Tech for CRM Best Buy (Former Employee) –  Joplin, Mo.June 7, 2014
I was .incharge of 1200 workstations and 200 + sherver farm, including but not limited to upgrades and system software deployment and testing. Build images for new deployments to production workstation and training for veris client requirements.
Pros
all forms of production and testing
Cons
sometimes 60 + hrs a week and 24hr oncall
CPPE and/or RCSA Professional Environment
Senior Systems Analyst - Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  PRMay 24, 2014
Typical day at work:
- To interact with Business, Mgmt., and PMOs presenting CPPE, and RASA solutions

What you learned:
- In every single assigment, different tech. mgmt.

- Management:
Sponsor company / govertment agency

- Your co-workers
One additional Industrial Engineer:

The hardest part of the job:
- To sale new ideas to new customers (the older the concept of the company the harder is to change their ideas: ex, traditional 3 tires to ESM environment)

The most enjoyable part of the job:
- New designs
Pros
To perform new designs, flex hours
Cons
Dealing with old (already designed) ideas
PC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2013
Loved assisting and supporting clients.

Performed computer software support, training, upgrading and hardware setup.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
minimal growth potential
Qaulity goods produced
NETWORK, SYSTEM AND SOFTWARE ENGINEER/Programmer (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 17, 2013
Configuration & maintenance on servers related to hosting of web, windows and SQL server during early hours. It was followed by continuation of Developed ASP.NET Web Applications and Services using VB.Net and, C#. Other work included Server 2008, MS SQL server 2008 Configuration, administration and maintenanc, and Business Intelligence and Reports.
Pros
Good school environment
C++/C# developer (Current Employee) –  USAJune 6, 2013
- C++, C#, WPF, C++/CLI, Borland Delphi, VBA, MSSQL (stored procedures, triggers, SQL queries), WinAPI, wxWidgets, MFC, COM, Access, XML, HTML, CSS, SVN, PHP(basic)
- Development for AVR controllers (basics), Circuit technology (basics), Proteus, CodeVisionAVR
innovative & exciting work empowering girls through the arts.
Creative Director (Former Employee) –  New York StateApril 12, 2013
This company is no longer established. A summer camp experience for girls age 7 to 15. Located in a beautiful rural environment where the arts, literary,visual,music & performing were indispensable in creating life changing experiences to develop girls self esteem.
Would work for IT Solutions again
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2013
IT Solutions was taken over by Accenture, however I would work for them again. I was laid off due to budget cuts on the contract I was on. Everything about the job and company I loved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IT. Our community is ready to answer.

82%