ITT Corporation Employee Reviews

Good co-workers, questionable upper management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYNovember 23, 2016
Enjoyed work at first, but the company has been going through economic difficulties and has been restructuring frequently in response. There are limited advancement opportunities and the culture is stuck in a 'we've always done it this way' mentality which is hard to break through.
Co-workers were great and the company is full of very smart people who are good at what they do.
Productive and fun
Math Adjunct Professor and Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 21, 2016
A typical day at work was very rewarding. My co-workers were great. The students were fantastic. Many lives were improved and brightened horizons were achieved for most of the graduates.
Pros
Great enviroment to work and learn.
Cons
The corporate office acted as dictators, they did not take the staff into consideration before carrying out corporate decisions.
College Director (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIOctober 18, 2016
. No longer in operation
Pros
No longer in operation
Cons
No longer in operation
Very fun and quality productive work place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 7, 2016
Loved working here with great learning experience . Gained Quality control inspection process experience with attention to details by using up to date measuring equipment and guidelines.
Pros
Worked many years here
Cons
Company closed down
No longer in business
Management (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 2, 2016
The company had good intentions, in trying to meet the needs of non-traditional students; however, it lacked cooperation from headquarters.
It was a very good job to work for.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 28, 2016
They offered on job training to assure you were comfortable with the jobs that were required. There were various departments that you could transfer to for a higher pay grade. ITT Aerosoace of Fort Wayne In should have been rated one of the best jobs within the top 10 jobs in Fort Wayne In . ITT has achieved many awards for thier acompliments and the lives that are involved for military family's , My job was very important and I'm glad I was apart of the ITT Aerosoace team
Pros
They provided company picnics/safety awards etc
Cons
Health Care was a plus, 10 min breaks every 4 hrs
Student/customer centered environment
National Director Contact Management, Operations (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2016
As a long term employee I believed the company provided an excellent service. There was considerable internal growth. I do not regret my tenure here.
Pros
Enjoyed the success of the students and the employees
Enjoyable workplace
Receptionist/ office assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 16, 2016
Itt workplace was a fun & interested place to work, you get to meet & know people from different walks of life. Meeting the students & listening to their stories about their life was very fascinating.
My manager was very easy going & you could talk to him about anything, which made my job very easy & made going to work enjoyable also.
Pros
Company quarterly lunches & Christmas parties
Cons
Healthcare benefits
keep it to your self
Transportation Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  BagrāmSeptember 1, 2016
You have to be very carefully in al you do well you have to in all jobs but this one its more about be very care fully when you are in charge even if you are very carefully will bite you back
Pros
reat
Cons
nothing
Good company to work for.
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2016
Great company to work for good culture I recommend them. Enjoyable work environment co-workers are great. Love Itt Tech go work there!

Want to know more about ITT Corporation?

Ask a question
Bastion of Idiots
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 17, 2016
To call their students intellectuals is like trying to teach a hamster to operate a space vehicle. Management actually makes you conduct a
mock class where you find out how really ignorant these scamsters are - don't waste your time as a sand monkey runs the place.
Pumps that is what ITT is all about
Machinist / Welder / Field Services (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UtahJuly 31, 2016
Machinist - Welder - Mechanic
Worked on pumps of all types and styles. Work with refineries to keep them up and running.

Worked lots of long hours.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Lots of long hours.
Na
Sr.Level Admissions Service Sourcing Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIJuly 28, 2016
Work day lacked energy, you're required to call call call call and thats it . Everyone felt the lack of support from the managment team.
Work/Life Balance was difficult
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2016
Our hours were difficult to balance especially during class formation period which consisted 4 Saturdays in-a-row. Outside of that, it was every-other Saturday in addition to two days a week you worked 12pm until 9pm. You slowly get used to it, but it is a simple annoyance when trying to schedule life outside of work.
fun
Army contractor / diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 19, 2016
this was a government contract job. we were getting military equipment ready to be redeployed the team work was unbelievable
Pros
lots of money
Cons
lots of hours worked
Military contractor
Heavy mobile equipment mechanic (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJuly 7, 2016
Same kind of contractor compared to the rest. Apartments are nice. Pay is good. People are military oriented. I had a great time traveling. The company is as good as they get for contractors.
Fun and Caring Work Enviornment
R&D Mechanical Engineering Internship (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 22, 2016
The people are enjoyable to work with, always smiling and very inviting, and the work environment is low stress. The innovative side of research and development keeps the job interesting and exciting.The company has many different employment opportunities from engineering, and testing to sales and communications.
ITT Industries Credit and Collections
Credit and Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYJune 12, 2016
ITT Industries gave me so much in a professional and personal level. My days were full of challenges and successful experiences. I had a good salary and great company benefits.
Pros
The sky is the limit.
Cons
I had my first baby and needed to dedicate all my time to take great care of him.
Poor Management, From the bottom up!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 11, 2016
From headquarters to the trenches, there is poor leadership and management. Individuals are not held accountable, not qualified for their jobs and, the primary focus is rarely on students.
Pros
No overtime
Cons
Leadership
Fun working as a functional tester
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 10, 2016
Working at Itt is fun and challenging, I have learn many things in the aerospace industry. The co-workers are excellents and very helpful when requesting support. Salary is excellent and working schedule is great. The economy is soft so you expect everybody is going through the same thing.
Pros
We get many perks throughout the year.
Cons
Presently the management is going through changes.