ITT Corporation Employee Reviews

Good co-workers, questionable upper management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYNovember 23, 2016
Enjoyed work at first, but the company has been going through economic difficulties and has been restructuring frequently in response. There are limited advancement opportunities and the culture is stuck in a 'we've always done it this way' mentality which is hard to break through.
Co-workers were great and the company is full of very smart people who are good at what they do.
Fun working as a functional tester
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 10, 2016
Working at Itt is fun and challenging, I have learn many things in the aerospace industry. The co-workers are excellents and very helpful when requesting support. Salary is excellent and working schedule is great. The economy is soft so you expect everybody is going through the same thing.
Pros
We get many perks throughout the year.
Cons
Presently the management is going through changes.
Pumps that is what ITT is all about
Machinist / Welder / Field Services (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UtahJuly 31, 2016
Machinist - Welder - Mechanic
Worked on pumps of all types and styles. Work with refineries to keep them up and running.

Worked lots of long hours.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Lots of long hours.
Enjoyable workplace
Receptionist/ office assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 16, 2016
Itt workplace was a fun & interested place to work, you get to meet & know people from different walks of life. Meeting the students & listening to their stories about their life was very fascinating.
My manager was very easy going & you could talk to him about anything, which made my job very easy & made going to work enjoyable also.
Pros
Company quarterly lunches & Christmas parties
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Student/customer centered environment
National Director Contact Management, Operations (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2016
As a long term employee I believed the company provided an excellent service. There was considerable internal growth. I do not regret my tenure here.
Pros
Enjoyed the success of the students and the employees
All about work
Millwright Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day of work, nights in my case, involves clocking in on a computer and finding out what I will be working on that day. After 3 years of being with this company I have learned all about pumps. Vertical turbine pumps, double suction pumps, back pullout pumps, and split case pumps are our typical jobs. I have learned how to take apart and assemble all of these pumps and more. Management in this company is regulated and slow processing. ITT is a worldwide company and all internal processes take a long time to develop. The shop management is superb. My co-workers are normal people who I get along with. The hardest part of my job is clarifying what the customer wants without having a crew in the office on nights to talk to the customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with many different things.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Benefits, Pay
ITT Industries Credit and Collections
Credit and Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYJune 12, 2016
ITT Industries gave me so much in a professional and personal level. My days were full of challenges and successful experiences. I had a good salary and great company benefits.
Pros
The sky is the limit.
Cons
I had my first baby and needed to dedicate all my time to take great care of him.
Bastion of Idiots
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 17, 2016
To call their students intellectuals is like trying to teach a hamster to operate a space vehicle. Management actually makes you conduct a
mock class where you find out how really ignorant these scamsters are - don't waste your time as a sand monkey runs the place.
It was a very good job to work for.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 28, 2016
They offered on job training to assure you were comfortable with the jobs that were required. There were various departments that you could transfer to for a higher pay grade. ITT Aerosoace of Fort Wayne In should have been rated one of the best jobs within the top 10 jobs in Fort Wayne In . ITT has achieved many awards for thier acompliments and the lives that are involved for military family's , My job was very important and I'm glad I was apart of the ITT Aerosoace team
Pros
They provided company picnics/safety awards etc
Cons
Health Care was a plus, 10 min breaks every 4 hrs
Good company to work for.
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2016
Great company to work for good culture I recommend them. Enjoyable work environment co-workers are great. Love Itt Tech go work there!
Hardworking and innovative environment filled with like minded poeple
Part Time/Full Time work 1 yr (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 2, 2016
•Technical Support
•Computer repair
•Virus Removal
•Library Database Management
•Virtual Library Management
•Tutoring (Cisco Networking, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
•Teaching Assistant

Working there gave me a "Jack of all trades" experience I don't think today's work place environment would give me. If a problem arises, I can try to find a solution in several different ways thanks to working here.
Pros
Great people to work with
Excellent
Production worker electronics facility (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 19, 2016
Production schedule was always organized and well planned. Kept busy all day with responsibilities. Able to complete tasks assigned with little or no supervision. Supervisory personnel were very congenial and helpful if a problem arose. Co-workers were more than willing to lend a hand to help other co workers.
Pros
Organized good working conditions. Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
N/A
Defense Company specializing in one product; feast or famine
Environment, Safety and Health Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 24, 2016
During boom times a single product set is fine, but this proved to be the demise of Night Vision goggles as many were laid off starting in 2010
Pros
Job Culture very positive
Cons
Single Product Set
Productive and fun
Math Adjunct Professor and Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 21, 2016
A typical day at work was very rewarding. My co-workers were great. The students were fantastic. Many lives were improved and brightened horizons were achieved for most of the graduates.
Pros
Great enviroment to work and learn.
Cons
The corporate office acted as dictators, they did not take the staff into consideration before carrying out corporate decisions.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics - HR Coordinator
Talent Management Analyst II (Contract Position) (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 24, 2016
This company's focus is in healthcare. I was hired during the time the OCD was planning to split from Johnson & Johnson. I was responsible for collecting employee information for OCD & J&J employees to decipher what assets would be kept or not kept. As J&J did not have a central repository for their human capital. I worked with HR Manager's around the globe to collect that information and put it in a format that could be analyzed efficiently. There was a lot of work done using Excel, Pivot Tables, Filters, V-Lookups, etc. I was allowed to work a few days from home since my role was very much stand-alone. I increased my knowledge of data analyzing and learned another side of the healthcare industry. The people I worked with were very knowledgeable and easy to work with.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Not a lot of interaction outside of my department
Poor Management, From the bottom up!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 11, 2016
From headquarters to the trenches, there is poor leadership and management. Individuals are not held accountable, not qualified for their jobs and, the primary focus is rarely on students.
Pros
No overtime
Cons
Leadership
Work/Life Balance was difficult
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2016
Our hours were difficult to balance especially during class formation period which consisted 4 Saturdays in-a-row. Outside of that, it was every-other Saturday in addition to two days a week you worked 12pm until 9pm. You slowly get used to it, but it is a simple annoyance when trying to schedule life outside of work.
Low stability, Steep business decline
Production Director on Feb.2014 (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 3, 2016
Steep Decline in business,
Management with different directions
Too many leadership changes.
Used to be a stable place to work.
Pros
Floor personnel
Cons
Steep sales Decline
Adjunct Position - Great Work Environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 11, 2016
I love adjuncting for ITT. You really have to have a passion for teaching to get anything out of this position. All the faculty and staff I have met at the Ft. Myers location are very welcoming and friendly. I really enjoy the atmosphere. The employees and students are committed and work very hard. Courses are standardized (pre-designed with assignments, labs and exams) but there is still wiggle room to add your own flare to the class material. The materials and training provided prepare you adequately to start teaching your courses. The first quarter can be quite daunting, but once your course materials are organized it's a breeze. To succeed you really need be outgoing, friendly, have a passion for teaching and be able to master student engagement.

I highly recommend teaching here for any professional who has a real passion for teaching and enjoys working with career-driven students..
Pros
Work environment, freedom, teaching experience, extra income, training, pre-designed courses
Cons
Low pay, time consuming
Great place to work, small town atmosphere, friendly employees, good management
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYFebruary 8, 2016
ITT Goulds Pumps is a great place to work with a small town feel and very friendly employees. ITT has a work environment that allows employees to grow. A typical day at work included many opportunities to improve process that ran through the machine shop. Coworkers and Management are very helpful on all aspects of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job would be new machine startup, this included, CNC machine purchase, tooling, fixtures, programming, and quality control. The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing a large project.