ITT Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

All about work
Millwright Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day of work, nights in my case, involves clocking in on a computer and finding out what I will be working on that day. After 3 years of being with this company I have learned all about pumps. Vertical turbine pumps, double suction pumps, back pullout pumps, and split case pumps are our typical jobs. I have learned how to take apart and assemble all of these pumps and more. Management in this company is regulated and slow processing. ITT is a worldwide company and all internal processes take a long time to develop. The shop management is superb. My co-workers are normal people who I get along with. The hardest part of my job is clarifying what the customer wants without having a crew in the office on nights to talk to the customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with many different things.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Benefits, Pay
hard place to work. tough. but rewards were there.
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 15, 2016
The company was a lot like a turf war. very little team work. if you did well you were treated well. including bonus's. but if you were down you were surely not getting help from anyone. still, good benefits and perks. The company was sold in May 2015. The new owners are not interested in recognition. The company is still a tough place to work, but now without any bonus's or good treatment.
Pros
gift cards, luncheons, health center
Cons
yelling, threats, bullying
Provided housing and transportation to and from work
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWJanuary 4, 2016
Ordered and retrieved parts for the mechanics that were performing maintenance on military vehicles. Was responsible for making sure the right part was delivered. I also returned parts back to the warehouse as well as replenished the bench stock when shipments came in.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Amenities
Cons
Being overseas away from family
Workplace of Constant Change
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 20, 2015
After our company was acquired by ITT, the primary changes were at the corporate level and did not impact the employees, with the exception of gradual reductions in secondary benefits and increasing tight restrictions on discretionary overhead budgets. This made interfaces with existing customers and identification/interface with new customers difficult because the discretionary budgets had been used for marketing/interfaces. The original firm had featured glacial change in the top positions, but the ITT model involved changes at top levels every year or two with resultant re-organization and command structure challenges. All this made communication more challenging, but the organization was full of good people that made it work.
Porvides great opportunity for skilled individuals
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2015
Enjoyed working with entire ITT staff. Excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement. Hardest part was the remote location.
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
work locations remete
productive
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Bagram, AfghanistanDecember 4, 2015
Excellent company to work for. I was provided with great benefits and salary. The people I worked with were professional and felt very strong about being part of helping provide our country with its freedoms. I would work for this company again.
benefits
great place to work
Heavy equipment mechanic (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 15, 2015
management takes notice of hard workers vacation time comes fast good benefits allows mechanics to do their job contract work
Adjunct Position - Great Work Environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 11, 2016
I love adjuncting for ITT. You really have to have a passion for teaching to get anything out of this position. All the faculty and staff I have met at the Ft. Myers location are very welcoming and friendly. I really enjoy the atmosphere. The employees and students are committed and work very hard. Courses are standardized (pre-designed with assignments, labs and exams) but there is still wiggle room to add your own flare to the class material. The materials and training provided prepare you adequately to start teaching your courses. The first quarter can be quite daunting, but once your course materials are organized it's a breeze. To succeed you really need be outgoing, friendly, have a passion for teaching and be able to master student engagement.

I highly recommend teaching here for any professional who has a real passion for teaching and enjoys working with career-driven students..
Pros
Work environment, freedom, teaching experience, extra income, training, pre-designed courses
Cons
Low pay, time consuming
Great place to work, small town atmosphere, friendly employees, good management
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYFebruary 8, 2016
ITT Goulds Pumps is a great place to work with a small town feel and very friendly employees. ITT has a work environment that allows employees to grow. A typical day at work included many opportunities to improve process that ran through the machine shop. Coworkers and Management are very helpful on all aspects of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job would be new machine startup, this included, CNC machine purchase, tooling, fixtures, programming, and quality control. The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing a large project.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics - HR Coordinator
Talent Management Analyst II (Contract Position) (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 24, 2016
This company's focus is in healthcare. I was hired during the time the OCD was planning to split from Johnson & Johnson. I was responsible for collecting employee information for OCD & J&J employees to decipher what assets would be kept or not kept. As J&J did not have a central repository for their human capital. I worked with HR Manager's around the globe to collect that information and put it in a format that could be analyzed efficiently. There was a lot of work done using Excel, Pivot Tables, Filters, V-Lookups, etc. I was allowed to work a few days from home since my role was very much stand-alone. I increased my knowledge of data analyzing and learned another side of the healthcare industry. The people I worked with were very knowledgeable and easy to work with.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Not a lot of interaction outside of my department
Fun, productive, and job satisfaction
Lead Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 14, 2015
The company was a great place to work. They provided great benefits and a great work environment. Great satisfaction on working on military vehicle to keep them maintained for the war fighters being that i was once in the Army.
Pros
Great pay, benifits, and hours
Cons
government contract that was always up for rebid
Productive and a fun place to work with perks. Cafeteria
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 11, 2015
I verified and billed daily shipments.

I worked closely with the shipping department.

Had to prepare invoices for foreign shipments when needed.

I assisted customers with billing problems as needed.
Pros
Great healthcare and benefits. We had company trips planned.
Cons
Month-End long hours to make month.
Overall healthy work place
Senior Global Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  seneca falls, nyAugust 28, 2015
Decent company to work for with the traditional issues you find at any established location. The management tries to develop their employees but they sometimes lack the support structure for themselves.

The company has evolved recently to focus on project business and this has allowed for people to try new positions and expand their knowledge. However due to the inexperience of some people, customer are feeling the pain.

With time, the large changes will settle and the people will feel less anxious with the new direction the company is taking.
Pros
work life balance, low cost of living for the region
Cons
recent business changes causing anxiety
School
school (Current Employee) –  Powell, TN 37849March 29, 2016
I go to school here but they don't really care if you come or not as long as they get there money. I have been going here for some time and I have a full time job. they do not like to work with you on your home life problems nor you work life.
Hostile Enviroment
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYDecember 16, 2015
Overall bad work Environment. No work life balance and is managed by fear along with intimidation. Former Syracuse Magna management. Need I say more.
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment and former Magna staff. Steer clear
Hardworking and innovative environment filled with like minded poeple
Part Time/Full Time work 1 yr (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 2, 2016
•Technical Support
•Computer repair
•Virus Removal
•Library Database Management
•Virtual Library Management
•Tutoring (Cisco Networking, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
•Teaching Assistant

Working there gave me a "Jack of all trades" experience I don't think today's work place environment would give me. If a problem arises, I can try to find a solution in several different ways thanks to working here.
Pros
Great people to work with
Great culture and people to work for, very professional workplace
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Amory, MSFebruary 9, 2016
ITT Engineer Valves,

This is one of best companies to work for, a typical day work begin with updates to team on assigned task or project. The communication is great between teams with offices set within walking distances per department. The hardest part of the job is realizing the day has come to end. ITT believes in family, so the work hours are scheduled around activities in the community and most major holidays.
Pros
Feeding for all events and awards
Cons
Market for valves rely heavily on yearly contracts jobs.
family oriented, quality and safety priority,supportive management
assembler/ material handler (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 14, 2015
There is an extreme supportive feeling from management and co-workers. There is always something new to learn and new acheivements to be gained. The production facility is up to date with new technologies and offers the potential for anyone to grow and educate themselves with this technology. The management is very supportive and helpful in all areas. Everyone works well together and creates a strong force in making sure the work is done and done at a high level of integrity.
Pros
good benefits, safety is top priority, clean environment, chance for advancement
Cons
more people should have the opportunity to work here
Excellent
Production worker electronics facility (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 19, 2016
Production schedule was always organized and well planned. Kept busy all day with responsibilities. Able to complete tasks assigned with little or no supervision. Supervisory personnel were very congenial and helpful if a problem arose. Co-workers were more than willing to lend a hand to help other co workers.
Pros
Organized good working conditions. Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
N/A
• Experienced customer service professional with strong leadership, facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills. • Innovative facilitator an
Training and Development Manager (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed working beside United States soldiers daily because it gave me feeling of pride and appreciation. I enjoyed teaching their trainers and increasing their IT knowledge and the ability to open my eyes to a more diverse environment.