ITT Corporation Employee Reviews

A great company to work for
Project & Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 28, 2016
Before splitting into three companies and Xylem was one of those, it provided a beautiful environment for the employees to work in. Great coordination and cooperation by t he individuals from manufacturing to project management and filed services used to make things very simple and comfortable. People working in the filed used to have all the resources and support needed for conveniently completing the tasks.
My time at itt
Receiving Inspector (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I was very thankful to have worked there! Great job culture! very knowledgeable coworkers who took the time to help me in anyway they could! I came there with limited experience with the comparator which I have always been a bit timid to utilize. I left here feeling more comfortable and could see the benefits of working with such an integral machine! I was also using plug and pin gauges more often than I ever had. In the short time I was there, management had several lunch parties, a retirement party, and the coworkers had their own party where everyone who participated paid to cater in some food, drink, and a dessert.My only regret was that I was a contract worker and therefore had a short tenure there!
Pros
Great job culture, friendly people
Cons
None that I would consider major. Not here for very long.
Meaningful work
Assistant Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CADecember 31, 2016
Had amazing mentors, supervisors and was trusted with a great amount of responsibility which pushed me to be the leader I am today. Compensation is so-so, work hours were tedious, and the stress is high but it's a small price to pay for keeping soldiers alive.
Pros
mentors, growth, training, oportunies, networking
Cons
long hours, overtime, high-stakes stress, compensation
Good co-workers, questionable upper management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYNovember 23, 2016
Enjoyed work at first, but the company has been going through economic difficulties and has been restructuring frequently in response. There are limited advancement opportunities and the culture is stuck in a 'we've always done it this way' mentality which is hard to break through.
Co-workers were great and the company is full of very smart people who are good at what they do.
Lots of overtime and standing around
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYJanuary 16, 2017
I love working here at goulds pumps,I get to work 12 hours a day doing nothing but standing around waiting to finish building pumps,I have worked in manfucaturing atmospheres for my whole life and have never had such an easy job where I can steal from the company so much free money-Life is great here!
Pros
open check book
Cons
no time to spend all my money
Productive and challanging
Yard Supervisor (Current Employee) –  KuwaitFebruary 6, 2017
High work pace, duties and requirements change quickly and work is mostly conducted in extreme heat and sand storms. Not all employees are qualified for the jobs they are hired for and usually ends up with them becoming confused and agrivated, leading to alot of complaints to managment and a high turnover rate.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Extreme weather
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CADecember 14, 2016
Worked doing billing and accounts receivable. Also billed military contracts. Kept the accounts receivables updated. On military contracts, had to type on certain forms and type certain ways and get inspected along with the parts and shipment. Daily billing on approximately 30 invoices. Left because we moved to Ohio.
Pros
Great company
Cons
None.
Productive and fun
Math Adjunct Professor and Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 21, 2016
A typical day at work was very rewarding. My co-workers were great. The students were fantastic. Many lives were improved and brightened horizons were achieved for most of the graduates.
Pros
Great enviroment to work and learn.
Cons
The corporate office acted as dictators, they did not take the staff into consideration before carrying out corporate decisions.
It was a very good job to work for.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 28, 2016
They offered on job training to assure you were comfortable with the jobs that were required. There were various departments that you could transfer to for a higher pay grade. ITT Aerosoace of Fort Wayne In should have been rated one of the best jobs within the top 10 jobs in Fort Wayne In . ITT has achieved many awards for thier acompliments and the lives that are involved for military family's , My job was very important and I'm glad I was apart of the ITT Aerosoace team
Pros
They provided company picnics/safety awards etc
Cons
Health Care was a plus, 10 min breaks every 4 hrs
Business Unit Coord
Business Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHDecember 24, 2016
Enjoyed working with everyone and the position was challenging and diverse.
Customer service responsibilities and administrative. Utilized the Oracle database for maintaining information and reporting statistics.
Pros
Good People to work with
Cons
Lack of time to take breaks
Enjoyable workplace
Receptionist/ office assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 16, 2016
Itt workplace was a fun & interested place to work, you get to meet & know people from different walks of life. Meeting the students & listening to their stories about their life was very fascinating.
My manager was very easy going & you could talk to him about anything, which made my job very easy & made going to work enjoyable also.
Pros
Company quarterly lunches & Christmas parties
Cons
Healthcare benefits
productive and fine work environment
CIF Lead (Former Employee) –  BagrāmDecember 15, 2016
I found working for ITT SYSTEMS a pleasure and well organized company.The management was amazing and listened when there were problems.The best parts of the job are the people and the opportunities.Excellent benefits and work environment
production and fun work places
Quality tech final inspector (Former Employee) –  Perris, CADecember 29, 2016
and excellent job, to work for good opportunities on learning and self motivation with other employees.

good supervisor and good communication as a team lead....
always working to safety regulation and helping either.
Productivity and quality mind set environment
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYFebruary 5, 2017
People are very friendly and helpful. Management is worker friendly and offers encouragement.
Typical day would be assisting others to accomplish their goals and workload,
Very fun and quality productive work place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 7, 2016
Loved working here with great learning experience . Gained Quality control inspection process experience with attention to details by using up to date measuring equipment and guidelines.
Pros
Worked many years here
Cons
Company closed down
Student/customer centered environment
National Director Contact Management, Operations (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2016
As a long term employee I believed the company provided an excellent service. There was considerable internal growth. I do not regret my tenure here.
Pros
Enjoyed the success of the students and the employees
Keep your head low.
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYDecember 25, 2016
Great pay and benefits just don't have any personal problems. Good luck if you go to work here if you do have fun. I cant think of anymore to say but it wont let me save.lol
Pros
Great Pay, Great Union
Work/Life Balance was difficult
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2016
Our hours were difficult to balance especially during class formation period which consisted 4 Saturdays in-a-row. Outside of that, it was every-other Saturday in addition to two days a week you worked 12pm until 9pm. You slowly get used to it, but it is a simple annoyance when trying to schedule life outside of work.
Afghanistan Location
LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Bagram, AfghanistanJanuary 20, 2017
12 hour shifts, Relocate to other forward bases, poor management, dangerous work environment, had great people to work with in a team, great working with the military
Bastion of Idiots
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 17, 2016
To call their students intellectuals is like trying to teach a hamster to operate a space vehicle. Management actually makes you conduct a
mock class where you find out how really ignorant these scamsters are - don't waste your time as a sand monkey runs the place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ITT Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.