ITT Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Na
Sr.Level Admissions Service Sourcing Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIJuly 28, 2016
Work day lacked energy, you're required to call call call call and thats it . Everyone felt the lack of support from the managment team.
Work/Life Balance was difficult
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2016
Our hours were difficult to balance especially during class formation period which consisted 4 Saturdays in-a-row. Outside of that, it was every-other Saturday in addition to two days a week you worked 12pm until 9pm. You slowly get used to it, but it is a simple annoyance when trying to schedule life outside of work.
fun
Army contractor / diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 19, 2016
this was a government contract job. we were getting military equipment ready to be redeployed the team work was unbelievable
Pros
lots of money
Cons
lots of hours worked
Military contractor
Heavy mobile equipment mechanic (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJuly 7, 2016
Same kind of contractor compared to the rest. Apartments are nice. Pay is good. People are military oriented. I had a great time traveling. The company is as good as they get for contractors.
Fun and Caring Work Enviornment
R&D Mechanical Engineering Internship (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 22, 2016
The people are enjoyable to work with, always smiling and very inviting, and the work environment is low stress. The innovative side of research and development keeps the job interesting and exciting.The company has many different employment opportunities from engineering, and testing to sales and communications.
ITT Industries Credit and Collections
Credit and Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYJune 12, 2016
ITT Industries gave me so much in a professional and personal level. My days were full of challenges and successful experiences. I had a good salary and great company benefits.
Pros
The sky is the limit.
Cons
I had my first baby and needed to dedicate all my time to take great care of him.
Poor Management, From the bottom up!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 11, 2016
From headquarters to the trenches, there is poor leadership and management. Individuals are not held accountable, not qualified for their jobs and, the primary focus is rarely on students.
Pros
No overtime
Cons
Leadership
Fun working as a functional tester
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 10, 2016
Working at Itt is fun and challenging, I have learn many things in the aerospace industry. The co-workers are excellents and very helpful when requesting support. Salary is excellent and working schedule is great. The economy is soft so you expect everybody is going through the same thing.
Pros
We get many perks throughout the year.
Cons
Presently the management is going through changes.
Low stability, Steep business decline
Production Director on Feb.2014 (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 3, 2016
Steep Decline in business,
Management with different directions
Too many leadership changes.
Used to be a stable place to work.
Pros
Floor personnel
Cons
Steep sales Decline
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics - HR Coordinator
Talent Management Analyst II (Contract Position) (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 24, 2016
This company's focus is in healthcare. I was hired during the time the OCD was planning to split from Johnson & Johnson. I was responsible for collecting employee information for OCD & J&J employees to decipher what assets would be kept or not kept. As J&J did not have a central repository for their human capital. I worked with HR Manager's around the globe to collect that information and put it in a format that could be analyzed efficiently. There was a lot of work done using Excel, Pivot Tables, Filters, V-Lookups, etc. I was allowed to work a few days from home since my role was very much stand-alone. I increased my knowledge of data analyzing and learned another side of the healthcare industry. The people I worked with were very knowledgeable and easy to work with.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Not a lot of interaction outside of my department
Defense Company specializing in one product; feast or famine
Environment, Safety and Health Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 24, 2016
During boom times a single product set is fine, but this proved to be the demise of Night Vision goggles as many were laid off starting in 2010
Pros
Job Culture very positive
Cons
Single Product Set
Excellent
Production worker electronics facility (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 19, 2016
Production schedule was always organized and well planned. Kept busy all day with responsibilities. Able to complete tasks assigned with little or no supervision. Supervisory personnel were very congenial and helpful if a problem arose. Co-workers were more than willing to lend a hand to help other co workers.
Pros
Organized good working conditions. Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
N/A
Horrible place to work
Consolidated Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 12, 2016
Horrible place to work, especially in the payroll department. The managers in this department were just clearly bad. Came in late everyday, looked like she never slept.
It is a good placed to work.
Software Coordinator (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CAMay 11, 2016
I took care of the incoming and outgoing mail, entered orders in the system and entered bills of materials into the AS400 system.
Where I got my start
Jig & Fixture Machinist (Former Employee) –  New Lexington, OHMay 11, 2016
This company provide a lot of opportunity for advancement. I went from production to Team Leader to the Jig & Fixture Department. There I was put though a company structured apprenticeship program.
• Experienced customer service professional with strong leadership, facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills. • Innovative facilitator an
Training and Development Manager (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed working beside United States soldiers daily because it gave me feeling of pride and appreciation. I enjoyed teaching their trainers and increasing their IT knowledge and the ability to open my eyes to a more diverse environment.
Hardworking and innovative environment filled with like minded poeple
Part Time/Full Time work 1 yr (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 2, 2016
•Technical Support
•Computer repair
•Virus Removal
•Library Database Management
•Virtual Library Management
•Tutoring (Cisco Networking, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
•Teaching Assistant

Working there gave me a "Jack of all trades" experience I don't think today's work place environment would give me. If a problem arises, I can try to find a solution in several different ways thanks to working here.
Pros
Great people to work with
Good Workplace
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 21, 2016
The company grown tremendously in the past 10 years and provided ample opportunity to learn and grow. Emphasis on continuous improvement on every aspect of the business helped to increase the margin levels to the envy of other companies in the aerospace industry. Six sigma and lean process improvements are taught to and practiced at every level in the organization.
summer job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 14, 2016
ITT Grinnell was a good summer job. I started at the end of school year and worked thru the summer until school started. I worked nights, where I was treated good.
Fun and challenging enviroment.
System administrator for precision Measurement (Former Employee) –  Ceiba, PRApril 12, 2016
Intense fun job on a daily basis. Every day learned new things. Great company to work for, because of their ethics and demonstraded how valuble the employees were. Great team work,. when working on assigned projects, we did not want to go home until our mission was accomplished above and beyond.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ITT Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.