ITT Educational Services Inc.

ITT Educational Services Inc. Employer Reviews

ITT-Tech was a joy to attend
Student (Former Employee), Morrisville, North CarolinaFebruary 16, 2015
The faculty and staff were kind and helpful. The course material gave me a broad range for the future. Even the students that had a hard time with the curriculum were treated with respect and dignity. We where encouraged to help one another when needed.
Ok place
Adjunct Business Instructor (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 30, 2015
Cons: low pay
I am currently employed here as an Instructor. I only stay because I love what I do and I love my students. I've learned that ITT has no vested interest in the students education. So I take it upon myself to make sure they are not just passed along for the sake of a grade. Management is not management at all. They have no idea what we deal with on a day to day basis. They are only concerned with numbers. The pay is very low compared to other schools.
I liked working there. The people I worked with were awesome.
Online Representative (Former Employee), Carmel, INJanuary 28, 2015
Working at ITT Technical was easy. I enjoyed the people that work there. Most of the managers were helpful. Was else do you want me to say? It was a job.
Worst Company. Ever.
Admissions Rep (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: decent paycheck
Cons: gossip, impossible standards, telemarketing
I was an admissions rep at ITT Tech.

I was never properly trained and my statistics suffered because of it. And yes, the main focus is on stats-- not the students, just numbers. I was more focused on legitimate inquiries and the students I had recruited and making sure they were happy (because word of mouth is the best recruitment tool) than calling the poor souls that were scammed into giving their info 3 times a day. But it's all about calling, calling, calling (aka harassing). Not making a difference to anyone but the bosses and their numbers.

Two higher-ups were fired for harassment, and those that reported them were treated as lepers for however long they lasted after that. Any problems you bring to management or even higher are not confidential, no matter what anyone tells you. Word spreads like wildfire, and fingers are pointed. I was the youngest employee there, but by far one of the most mature. I have never worked with a more immature, gossipy bunch of people in my life, and I used to work with high schoolers. If someone didn't like you (whether it was for a real reason or not), you were backstabbed, gossiped about and your life was made miserable, both at work and outside work.

The only good thing about working there was the paycheck. But it isn't worth it. ITT Technical Institute taught me exactly the type of company I DON'T want to work for.
Hazardous to you health and a stagnates careers
Manager (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 26, 2015
As a manager I love my jobs and the students. It is impossible to handle all of the administrative duties as well as document in new slow system, meet with re-enters students, deal with inadequate co puters and cheap computers and teach four classes. We are also required to attend all events. There is literally not enough time in the day. There are noincentives, raises or perks. Only punative for not retaining homeless students with no transportation, or daycare. If you want to tell HR the complaint goes to the director and you are the treated poorly and get bad reviews. Unless accreditation asks the right questions people are scared to speak up. The only people the are enduring are one that dont have a directly affected annual review position like libraian, administrative assistant, sst, etc.
Master Financial Aid Coordinator duties
Master Financial Aid Coordinator I (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 25, 2015
As a Financial Aid Coordinator my duties include interfacing with students to evaluate financial aid options, to develop financial aid plans and resolve financial aid problems involving loan disbursements, school loan funding and payment plan issues.
Absolutely negative environment.
Adm rep (Former Employee), texasJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: extremely negative, and unethical environment. truly unbelievable they have not been closed down for their practices.
Extremely dysfunctional, negative work environment, unprofessional and unethical management. Intensely political and active practice of reverse discrimination. Every unethical enrollment practice that is no longer allowed and accepted by the government continues to be rampant and lives on in the little world of ITT. Representatives are encouraged and pushed to pressure individuals to enroll or switch programs they have enrolled in if they need the numbers in another program not caring what the student desires. If one chooses to be ethical you are written up and accused of not doing your job.

If you choose to work there you should wear a Cross and a string of garlic around your neck to keep the evil demons away!
Awesome Place to Work!
LRC Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 13, 2015
I love Working at ITT! I Love the people I work with and the people I work for! You can't ask for much more in a job then waking up and wanting to go, knowing you are making a difference in someone's life, and working together as a team for the benefit of the students!
This position afforded me the opportunity to learn details in filing.
Assistant to Registrar (Former Employee), Arnold, MODecember 29, 2014
I reported directly to the registrar on a daily basis to keep track of all student activity upon entry to school, transactions during the students school experience and finally any transactions for the requirement to graduate. I also worked with the administrative assistant with invoices that dealt with book returns and scanning information to the Indianapolis Headquarters. I also worked with the Director of Financial Aid filing documentation of financial aid statements for students throughout their education experience.
Ovarall good, little chance of advancement unles you know the right people
Senior Financial Aid Coordinator II (Current Employee), TXDecember 16, 2014
Good place to work except the hours, good co-workers, team environment. Hard to juggle personal and work schedule. Work Weekends :o(
ITT determined and persistent to develop a solid nursing program.
Clinical Educator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no accreditation
Worked clinical rotations in a variety of institutions. Being a different place every quarter helped with my organizational skills and taught me to be flexible and attentive to details. I am still in contact with my former coworkers. The management has yet to get accreditation which was the hardest part of the job especially for student graduation. The most enjoyable part is now seeing those student working in a ICU, dialysis and in schools.
ITT Tech in Tucson is an awful, miserable place to work
Librarian (Former Employee), Tucson, ArizonaOctober 24, 2014
Pros: working with the students, several decent coworkers
Cons: abusivemaniacal director, the highly unethical fraudulent policies itt has in place to lure prospective students in
I only gave ITT Technical Institute (ITT Tech) 1 star because I was forced to; otherwise, it really deserves zero stars. The place, from what I was told by several decent coworkers, used to be an ok place to work. That is, until the current director (his name rhymes with Roli Lunas - I know if I put his real name the review will be taken down), arrived a few years ago.

The current director is the most maniacal, unbalanced, abusive, psychologically disturbed person I have ever worked for and with. He brings employees into office multiple times per day and literally screams and curses at them at the very top of his lungs (yes, screams). He then later apologizes and tells people he has a "leaky heart" that causes him to lose control. He's a total nutcase. Students and staff in all parts of the building can hear him screaming at employees.

I don't throw around the Hitler comparison lightly; however, if you've ever seen old footage of Hitler during any of his speeches, the look on his face and in his eyes is exactly the same look this ITT Tech director gets when he's admonishing staff. It's totally crazy.

When you first meet him, he seems fairly normal. He is also able to reign in his lunacy when folks from the corporate office visit the campus, which is why nothing has ever been done about him (despite at least 1 lawsuit brought by an employee against him and many, many formal complaints submitted to his bosses and the company's HR department).

He is a vicious, horrid human being (I use the term "human being" very loosely). Because of him and the many unethical polices that ITT corporate has implemented to the detriment of students, turnover at this campus is SKY HIGH.

At the risk of sounding dramatic, I would rather be homeless and living on the streets than to ever have to work for that place again.
Great workplace, fun people to work with, excellent hours of operation.
Assistant Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: good experience, great people to work with, flexible hours, overall best job i've ever had.
Cons: the only con for me is that i'm a student worker and the pay is not that great.
I currently attend ITT-Tech as a student and as an employee. This place is awesome, the staff is easy to get along with, and they are not too strict. The hours are flexible, and just an overall wonderful place to work.
n/a
Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee), Greenfield, WISeptember 12, 2014
Too much gossiping. Coworker couldn't mind their own business.
Worst Company I have EVER worked for!!!!
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNSeptember 8, 2014
Cons: working nights, weekends and holidays. benefits are awful. management is poor
First if you are not looking for a telemarketing job, run!!! They will not tell you the truth about the job or what the job entails! Your typical work day is to spend 60-70% of your time on the phone calling people who have supposedly expressed an interest. However, the people you have to contact appear to have no interest and are unsure why they are being contacted. The form these people can fill out are often located on job searching sites and these contacts are unaware what they have filled out. You will be required to work most weekends and holidays although for me non of this was disclosed in the interview. I discovered it after leaving another job to take this one.

Management does NOT have good management skills or style. They micro manage and are only concerned about their numbers. Not the employees or the students. Additionally, management participates and perpetuates gossip and rumors from other employees as opposed to putting a stop to the issue.

Finally, this institution charges more than most other institutions. Not just a little more but 3-4 times more. They justify this by saying the students enrolled at this institutions couldn't make it at a traditional school. This should speak volumes to the quality of the education provided. The students are generally at or below poverty level and unfortunately are unaware they should do some research prior to choosing this school

My advice.... Do NOT work for this company!!!!
Run...no seriously...RUN
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), High Point, NCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good people, leaving work, lunch break
Cons: unreachable quotas, top management, schedule
First, I never write reviews so I'll keep it short. There is no incentive for recruiting students and no way to earn extra income. That being said, the pay is very low for college graduates and this was the WORST managed place I've ever worked for and it's that way bc of the director. This is strictly a telemarketing job. Literally every admissions rep there is looking for a job right now and luckily I made it out. Trust me people, I know finding a job is frustrating but PLEASE make this your last option....don't say I didn't warn you...
If you thought Attila the Hun was bad...
Marketing (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: i got to meet lots of great people
Cons: being yelled at and not knowing what they're talking about!
I enjoyed my job, but the way the director treats the employees, nobody wants to be there. From what I understand, it's even worse now.
Former Employee
Adminstrator (Former Employee), Stockton CalAugust 24, 2014
Cons: low pay and benefits.
I could say lot. But, I will say this for sure. If you can get a job someplace other than ITT take it. Its like a sales job if your numbers are high no matter how you make them, you are gold. If number are down you better have the resume ready. Don't trust anyone there. Not the students, not co-workers, no one is your friend. Even the people who clean the building are not your friends.
A lot for little
Instructor (Current Employee), OrangeAugust 11, 2014
Pros: nice surroundings and safe parking
Cons: throw away teachers
If you want to work at Wal Mart as a teacher, then ITT is your place.
Low pay, long classes, lots of administrative work for free, and the students do not take education seriously. Then, at the end of the year you will receive a notice that you may be eligible for the IEC on your taxes. Does that sound like Wal Mart? ITT is a Fortune 500 company whose teachers have to apply for food stamps!
No Common Courtesy
Interviewee (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYJuly 26, 2014
They never get back to you after you go in for an interview to let you know if you got the job. When you contact them for a follow up, they do not call you back.

1 2 3 4

About ITT Educational Services Inc.

ITT Educational Services, Inc. (ITT/ESI), is a provider of postsecondary degree programs in the United States based on revenue – Read more