ITT Educational Services Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,105 reviews matching the search
Sales in a call center environment
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 4, 2016
Terrible management, petty and disrespectful to employees as human beings. Very unpleasant culture to work in where unprofessional and even unethical/illegal behavior is par for the course for managers who talk down to employees and threaten their jobs/accuse them of not working hard enough and not earning their paychecks day in and day out. Prepare to be treated like garbage if you work here, dial phones all day, and never work hard enough.
Pros
Employees are nice, get to work with people, students, paycheck
Cons
Poor management, no life/work balance, schedules constantly change, long and late hours, very loud call center environment, favoritism
Fun place
Academic Dean (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 19, 2016
ITT is a great place to work, salary is low, but the Durham culture is nice. You are expected to work hard which i like. I wish I had access to the data base at hoe, so I could get more work done. Other employees make you feel welcome. I would recommend more training. The hardest part of the job to me- too many meetings, which take away from me meeting with students and staff. Most enjoyable, it is a comfortable environment, getting to know the students.
Terrible business
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 24, 2016
1st of all if you like to steal peoples FA, then this job is for you. The kind of people you meet are those who have lived in inner city and been exposed to some harsh realities of life. They are so busy trying to survive that they do not understand the details and the scope of the process or what they could do with themselves. Before you know they are 40-80K in the whole and have no job outlook. I feel bad for them. Worst off, the location director is a complete and utter fool, You cannot repeat the same steps and expect to get a different result. When you try to get creative on methods to improve or build your book of business, you are shot down immediately. The culture goes up the ladder all the way to the top of the company, remember this is the same company who lied about the amount of FEDERAL FA it received so the CEO and senior staff could get over on the company and its students. Someone really needs to shut this school down immediately. You have no job security and have to work almost 60 hours a week during recruitment season, which is every 2 months. Bad business bad ethics, bad moral and is not willing to change to become a better company. I wish I could give it ZERO STARS!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything, from the CEO to the FA staff to the Falcuty to the process
Very stressful atmosphere
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 31, 2016
The atmosphere is so competitive and contentious. Work life balance is horrible. Some nights you have to work to 9:00 p.m. If you are a snake in the grass you will survive.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Too Contentious and work/life balance is horrible
ITT TECH Durham is a horrible place of employment
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 9, 2016
Micro-management, lack of support and managers are constantly threatening admissions representatives to enroll or quit. Compensations and benefits are terrible and job culture is terrible.
Good coworkers, bad corporate management
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHDecember 7, 2015
The corporate management of ITT is obsessed with bringing down costs, even if it is at a detriment to students. If individual campuses could make their own decisions to do what they know is best for their students, I think it could really improve the model. However, corporate's word is final.
Some of the students are there to learn and try really hard. They make your job worthwhile. Others are there to try and get a refund check, but with how expensive tuition is, that is not very unlikely.
I enjoyed all my coworkers and my campus. I felt they all made a solid effort to help out the students and do their best to make sure they had everything they needed to succeed. I have heard of other campuses that were not as genuine. It really depends on your management team.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, Helping out students, Pays better than other for-profit colleges
Cons
Poor management, Corporate is too powerful, poor job advancement oppurtunities
Productive environment and a fun place to learn
TIME OFF TO PURSUE PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 2, 2016
A typical day in class starts with a pop quiz on the material that was cover the last week. The intent was for the class to learn and remember the process groups and knowledge areas. The class taught me how to transform the military way of managing projects to the Project Management Book of Knowledge way of managing project and I learn that in order to successfully complete your project you have to efficaciously work with all team members and stakeholder on the project. The class taught me that the hardest part of the job is being able to always have a full team. The most enjoyable moments were satisfying the customer and knowing that everyone on the project were happy with a successful and on-time project closure.
Pros
The comradery effort by everyone on the project
Cons
Only one day to working together
Great Compensation but turn around is high
Career Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 5, 2016
Nice environment but the Career Service manager made it hard for me to stay. Her turn around is high. This is why I'm sure they are still looking for my former position.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Career Service Manager
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 27, 2015
The management was great for internship,i was allowed to chose my own hours and days that i wanted to.There were not really any co-works to work with, because I was a student intern. This was a very enlightening job because it is in my filed of study so i learned skills for my life career: such as phone skills and quick filing skills and computer navigation skills.
Pros
got study time when wasn't busy
Liked the people I worked with
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 22, 2016
I liked the people I worked with, and the day to day operations of running a branch. Communication, however was not strong. It seemed weekly, The CEO would make a change, but didn't make anyone aware of outside the main office. He would want use to push loans and credit card applications, and then complain they loans weren't good enough. It made it very difficult to pinpoint what he wanted, because it seemingly changed. Any training program was nonexistent, basically just train yourself. They did pay for me to become a Certified Credit Counselor, which was really cool, probably what I liked most about my job.

Want to know more about ITT Educational Services Inc.?

Ask a question
Good Environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2016
As an employee of ITT, the work culture is great and the benefits are good. The only problem is sometimes corporate sets metrics that make it impossible to get any better rating that a 3 on a 1 to 5 scale.
Staff are wonderful
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 4, 2016
When I get ready to start my day at ITT-Tech , I walk through the building and instantly get greeted by multiple employee's with a warm welcome. What I learned by working here is to have patience and understanding because everyone is not up to date with the new technologies of 2015. ITT-tech management is good ; everyone seems to know more than just there actual job field and that's good! I love my co-workers they are wonderful and very helpful people and they work very hard for their company. The hardest part about my job is trying to work with different types of students because ITT is so multicultural, but I always offer my assistance to anyone who walks through the door. The most enjoyable part of job is working amongst my co-workers. We enjoy staff conversations we all enjoy each others presents.
Pros
Good Energy &Great staff
Cons
Hours
Good on the job training and recruitment development skills
Admissions Representative/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOOctober 15, 2015
ITT Tech has really good training for their employees and decent management. I feel that the job security is an issue with the closing of other schools in the district. Benefits are not up to par to other area employers.
Established relationships with national employers who could hire ITT Graduates
National Career Services Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2016
Traveled nationally to work with employers to learn what they were looking for as it related to new hires. Adjusted curriculum as needed to accommodate their needs. Worked with and supported the Directors of Career Services at each ITT Tech nation wide. Leaned a great deal about the inner workings of for profit education.
Pros
Was able to acheive 90% placement nationwide of ITT graduates every year of employment, with the exception of my last year
Cons
travel
Student centric environment with a emphasis on career initiatives.
Senior Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNSeptember 17, 2015
Very personable environment filled with compassion. High level of focus centered around needs of prospective, new and continuing students. Minimal red tape and politics, but the amount to be expected. Management personnel very open and suggestive to new ideas; work/life balance.
The coolest job
Federal work study student/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 15, 2016
typical day at work was answering phones at the front desk. Ive learned a lot with computers on how they work etc. management was awesome everyone planned ahead. co workers sometimes i would have to stay late because they weren't there to begin with. the hardest part of the job was finding something to do. the most enjoyable part was that i got to watch TV and eat whenever i wanted.
Pros
flexible scedules
Cons
not enough hours
Fun to teach
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 10, 2016
It is very fun to teach at ITT and you get to meet a lot of great students who really want to learn. But there are students who are not there to learn and you can only do so much with them.

Direct managers are good, but corporate is a pain to work with and the politics are a bit crazy. Like how numbers dictate how well you do, when they are only showing a small portion of your job.
Pros
Curriculum handed to you, flexible work, good people
Cons
politics, not always work available
Seriously reconsider.
Career Services (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 29, 2015
Unless you want to work for a company that worships the almighty dollar at the expense of it's consumers and employees don't work here. Unrealistic expectations, unethical recruiting practices, and extreme micromanagement across the board. Morale is very low as the vast majority of employees are unhappy and unappreciated. Salary administration guidelines are terrible. The root of the problems is corporate HQ, and your campus management will parrot everything they dish out.
A positive environment with a team focus to accomplish the goal
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Portland, OregonOctober 22, 2015
Productive, positive, and fun workplace focusing on a team environment starting with management. Opportunity to learn, grow, and become promotable. Willingness to help each other without feeling the need to have to payback.
Pros
Teamwork and not being micro-managed
Cons
Benefits, and horrible team environment
great co-workers, but feels like a sweatshop at times
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 2, 2015
Co-workers make this place tollerable. The company doesn't want you to be away from your desk at all. Not everything runs smoothly and other departments/management don't reply to emails in a time manor or answer their phones when sitting at their desk, so that requires getting up and tracking people down to get things taken care of. Few people really act like they care about taking care of the students and their needs. Students are people, not just a number. They don't believe in giving raises and blame it on a loosely interpreted law concerning for profit schools. If you promote, don't be disappointed when they won't give you more that a 4.5% raise. It doesn't encourage good employees to stay. If they tweaked a couple things this could be a great place to work. May with getting a new CEO which is in the works things will get back to the way they were in the beginning of the division.