ITT Educational Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,390 reviews matching the search
Great local supervision and team. Terrible CEO and Board
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMarch 25, 2017
The local supervisors were superb. The led with wisdom and talent. They cared for employees and we became like family. the director, dean, department chairs, instructors, and all staff. I enjoyed going to work and interacting with them. The corporate leadership was deplorable. Greedy, forcing salary cuts, laying off employees then hiring them part time to save money; then giving themselves pay raises and bonuses. The CEO was a pure bean counter. He got his and the H-E-double hockey stick with everyone else.
Pros
On campus it was a family atmosphere.
Cons
Layoffs and salary reduction.
productive
Itt tech desk assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2017
it was great the staff were amazing and they taught me alot as an employee.the training that i went thru was very simply because i was ready for other desk job oppertunitys
Federal Student Work Force Participant
Assist students (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 18, 2017
I felt this organization did not provide clear concise instructions or guidance to assist completion of tasks. Their academic portion did not provide adequate facilities to achieve proper progression of learning.
Pros
Has an ending
Cons
Not a sufficient instructional learning environment.
ITT-Technical Institute
Business Administration Instructor (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 15, 2017
The educational institution had many opportunities for growth and success, but failed to capitalize on those opportunities. The efforts were put forward by the administration to increase the student body and enrollment, to offer a respectable array of course selections for their business program, but ultimately failed to stabilize and appropriately prioritize in its responsibilities to the student.
Hard work but rewarding when helps people changed their lives through education.
Admissions Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMarch 15, 2017
Upper management does not care how hard you work or how dedicated you are to the company. All they care is how big their yearly bonuses will be. We have to make 100 calls a day to try to recruit students to go to the college. Sometimes we get yelled at the prospective students for just helping them but the company do not care about our feelings.
Pros
Help changing one life at a time.
Cons
Working under an uneducated manager with poor management skills
Productive and fun working environment
Recruiter / Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  University Park, FLMarch 15, 2017
Nice programs offered to students. Fun place to work. However needed more programs for students. Programs like nursing, medical billing and coding. Working was fun, but there is not need to harass potential students to sign in to school. There has to be an free choice. We can only persuade so much.
Pros
Love recruiting students
Cons
Needed more programs for students in Bradenton
Student Work Force Worker
Assist students (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 15, 2017
Working with this Academic facility was a total disappointment. I endured mass confusion with the duties assigned to me, and the supervision officials which were supposed to be assigned to me. There never was a clear vision of who my supervisory type official was.
Pros
Job location
Cons
Leadership authorities
Staff and Student worked
Student Work (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 12, 2017
the best of the best experiences ever nor education as well .. i had best professor in my class they really well teach some good programming skill nor engineering as well for me and i really recommend it hardly!!!
Pros
yes ever single Thursday
Cons
Poor management culture, due to lack of right strategy at ITT Tech.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILMarch 11, 2017
I spent 11 years teaching at ITT, dedicated myself to our students academic success. But the higher managements at ITT did not have the right strategy to keep the ITT legacy in the right direction. due to mishandling of their financial practices, they scarified the success of 130000 students for their greed.
This job was short lived
Student Work Study Program- Workes for the SST (Former Employee) –  Swartz Creek, MIMarch 11, 2017
I started working there during a time when the ITT Technical Institute was beginning to be investigated. My positiin there was terminated after 6 months because the loss of student numbers resulted in corporate no longer being willing to continue to fund the work study program. And as a result of their failures all ITT campuses nationwide are shut down.
Pros
I loved what I did there
Cons
I could not stand the administration and how the place operated as a whole.
Fun place
Loan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 11, 2017
I did financial aid which is creating budgets,for students to take classes by packaging them any grants, scholarships, and then loans to finish out the rest of the budget. There was also private loans available if the other funding options were not enough to cover tuition books and fees. I worked on system within a call center.
Great place to work until they closed with no notice.
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 9, 2017
Great place to work until our greedy CEO started mismanaging federal funds and got us closed down.

Good hours, good pay, and nice free lunches. Too bad it all had to end.
Pros
I loved my job.
Cons
Poor management and greedy people got the place closed.
School is no longer in business
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 8, 2017
ITT Technical Institute provided a lot of opportunity for advancement and compensation. However, they were not a very family friendly company.
The company is no longer in existence and closed the doors to all the campuses nationwide in 2016.
Excellent Technical School
Adjunct Physics Teacher (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 7, 2017
ITT Technical Institute is an excellent technical school to prepare students for jobs in industry and commerce. It gives a good academic education as well as technical training.
Pros
Pleasant work atmosphere and opportunity to help students
Cons
There were no cons.
Poor Environment
Senior II Academic Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 7, 2017
ITT Tech is no longer operating. This place was a hectic day to day environment. Little room for improvement and managers would treat employees as though they were also a number.
IT was fun job and i lived to work thier.
Professor (Former Employee) –  Torrance Ca,March 3, 2017
MY student and my co-worker were very nice to work with them.
also time was great it was late day time it was good for community to teach student to find better job after gradate.
Fun work environment
Assistant to Campus Systems Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 2, 2017
Although ITT has shut down, it was a fun and exciting work environment. Getting to work with staff and students was always a pleasure, and after being able to help someone with a problem I always felt as if I accomplished something.
Closed
Director (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 1, 2017
I enjoyed assisting people in developing skills to improve their lives. The culture had a great customer service environment and everyone seemed to enjoy working and helping each other.
ITT tech
Assist students and instructors (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 1, 2017
got there in the morning work until my class started like my first boss then the last boss was hard to find half the time when we need him.
Productive and Fun
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 28, 2017
ITT-Tech is a great to work and a great place to get an education. The professors care about their students well-being. The staff as a whole are very helpful. I love ITT-Tech.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ITT Educational Services Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7