ITT Educational Services Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,166 reviews matching the search
Terrible business
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 24, 2016
1st of all if you like to steal peoples FA, then this job is for you. The kind of people you meet are those who have lived in inner city and been exposed to some harsh realities of life. They are so busy trying to survive that they do not understand the details and the scope of the process or what they could do with themselves. Before you know they are 40-80K in the whole and have no job outlook. I feel bad for them. Worst off, the location director is a complete and utter fool, You cannot repeat the same steps and expect to get a different result. When you try to get creative on methods to improve or build your book of business, you are shot down immediately. The culture goes up the ladder all the way to the top of the company, remember this is the same company who lied about the amount of FEDERAL FA it received so the CEO and senior staff could get over on the company and its students. Someone really needs to shut this school down immediately. You have no job security and have to work almost 60 hours a week during recruitment season, which is every 2 months. Bad business bad ethics, bad moral and is not willing to change to become a better company. I wish I could give it ZERO STARS!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything, from the CEO to the FA staff to the Falcuty to the process
Not a good place to work.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 19, 2015
Aggressive sales requirements. No work/life balance. Garbage leads. Poor benefits. No guaranteed holidays. Last minute schedule changes. Encouraged employees to recruiting by any means, even non-qualified prospects.
Great Mangement
Educational Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 29, 2016
My typical day at work was to make phone calls and set up appointments with students interested in the school. During the appointments I interviewed students to make sure the school and programs were the right fit for them.

I learned a lot about post secondary education.

My supervisors were great.

My co-workers were respectful and professional

The hardest part of the job was the schedule, I had to work nights and Saturdays.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to help students to fulfill their dreams of a post secondary education.

I
Pros
Healthcare Benefits and 401k
Cons
10 hour schedules
Love my co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 27, 2016
This company is quite un-ethical when it comes to the students. It consistently receives negative reviews online from a student prospective.
I thought when I started here that there would be room for advancement, however in my experience they do not promote from within and choose to hire from the outside. The employee turnover rate is quite high. Since I started in September there have been 13 employees that have left the company. Our enrollment numbers are declining and I would like to get our before it is decided that our campus must close. I like working in higher education and would possibly like to continue doing so, but cannot continue to work for such an un-ethical company while having the question of whether or not my job is secure.
Pros
Easy stress-free working environment
Cons
Very expensive benefits with poor coverage, expected to work Saturdays and evenings
Unreasonable goals that were set by people unfamiliar with the area.
Senior II Educational Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 1, 2016
Received two rapid advancements in my first year there, not knowing that the resuting position had unreachable goals. Had I known that, I would have rejected the promotions as once you take one, you can't go back to what you had before. The only difference in the work was the goals you had to achieve to stay there.
Pros
Great working experience, good team leaders, fun working with the students
Cons
If you accepted a promotion and couldn't meet the goals, you couldn't go back to a lower rate of pay and stay there.
Good coworkers, bad corporate management
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHDecember 7, 2015
The corporate management of ITT is obsessed with bringing down costs, even if it is at a detriment to students. If individual campuses could make their own decisions to do what they know is best for their students, I think it could really improve the model. However, corporate's word is final.
Some of the students are there to learn and try really hard. They make your job worthwhile. Others are there to try and get a refund check, but with how expensive tuition is, that is not very unlikely.
I enjoyed all my coworkers and my campus. I felt they all made a solid effort to help out the students and do their best to make sure they had everything they needed to succeed. I have heard of other campuses that were not as genuine. It really depends on your management team.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, Helping out students, Pays better than other for-profit colleges
Cons
Poor management, Corporate is too powerful, poor job advancement oppurtunities
Loved the culture, but the company itself needs work.
Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 10, 2015
I actually enjoyed my job there and the work culture where in my department was one of the best, and that includes our boss!!!! However, the company itself needs to get their priorities straight when it comes to figuring out how students should pay. I understand that in corporate america things are forever changing, but I think there should be some common sense involved if you go back to old techniques that did not work the first time.
Pros
flexible with work and life, compensation, benefits
Cons
other departments
Liked the people I worked with
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 22, 2016
I liked the people I worked with, and the day to day operations of running a branch. Communication, however was not strong. It seemed weekly, The CEO would make a change, but didn't make anyone aware of outside the main office. He would want use to push loans and credit card applications, and then complain they loans weren't good enough. It made it very difficult to pinpoint what he wanted, because it seemingly changed. Any training program was nonexistent, basically just train yourself. They did pay for me to become a Certified Credit Counselor, which was really cool, probably what I liked most about my job.
Okay Work Environment
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 24, 2015
Turnover rate is very high. Management is always unstable. Upward mobility exists but with awfull promotion raises. Hostile work environment a lot of the time.
Pros
Attendance Leniency
Cons
Terrible management
ITT Technical Institute
Federal Work Study (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2015
As federal work study student was very good and working with computers and learn different skill set.Assist people with work and sometimes tutor them. The most enjoy the most is experience working with the staff and student in different students. Th management is excellent and we do do cool things at the school. Like raise money for K omen charity and school store is available 9 to pm. We have the women ITT, ambassador, and council other clubs included.
Pros
enjoy working with other people.
Cons
A lot going on at one time.
Not recommended
Senior Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTApril 29, 2015
ITT Technical Institute is a for-profit school providing education in technical fields. Many of the students that attend here are low-income and they are taken advantage of with their financial aid. The cost of tuition is extremely high. The school is not fully accredited and their credits are not guaranteed to transfer, therefore enabling students to stay at their school. The management was unprofessional and unqualified. The pay was great, however the for-profit education industry is a teetering industry that can create and lose jobs quickly. Job security is based on the number of students enrolled, which has been decreasing due to the increase in the economy.
Pros
Healthy Compensation
Cons
Low job security, poor management
Counselor
Educational Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TN 38016April 8, 2016
Conduct face-to-face interviews, telephone interviews and e-mail correspondence to prospective students to determine their educational needs, concerns and interests. Responsible for facilitating orientation and Registration day activities. Closely assist and mentor students through admissions process. Verbally communicate approved presentations to promote programs to prospective adult and high school students. Actively generate personal referrals. Participate in school retention efforts maintaining productive contact with active students through graduation. Actively participate in special recruiting promotional activities.
ITT is a Great Place to Work
College Director (Current Employee) –  OHAugust 11, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at ITT. The management has been very good to me. I work in a small market, and I have no desire to relocate. However, if I were willing to relocate, there would be many opportunities for advancement.

Hard work and good employee/student relations are recognized and rewarded. The school model is perfect for the working adult learner.
Pros
Highly compliant, with good systems in place to ensure compliance.
Cons
Don't work here if you expect to get paid the big bucks.
My Review
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 26, 2016
I saw room for growth in the beginning of my career with ITT Technical Institute. After a while, I started noticing different actions amongst my management and colleges. Employees were quitting often and management did not care about their staff. I have been with ITT Tech for over a year and already seeking other opportunities. I want to work in a fun, comfortable and stable environment where I can grow and become management myself.
Pros
my team
Cons
the pay, management, location
Established relationships with national employers who could hire ITT Graduates
National Career Services Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2016
Traveled nationally to work with employers to learn what they were looking for as it related to new hires. Adjusted curriculum as needed to accommodate their needs. Worked with and supported the Directors of Career Services at each ITT Tech nation wide. Leaned a great deal about the inner workings of for profit education.
Pros
Was able to acheive 90% placement nationwide of ITT graduates every year of employment, with the exception of my last year
Cons
travel
Could of been better
SST (Current Employee) –  green bay wiAugust 25, 2015
nothing wrong with the job per say. But the quality and the evironment your in charge of is very limited for the network your in charge of. Everything needs prior approval and holes in the system is severely lacking, Where Everything requested takes too much time to accomplish when trying to fix problems or solutions could be more thought out.
Pros
decent working evironment excluding corporate
Cons
no benefits
Fun working environment, worked in multiple departments, continued schooling
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJuly 31, 2015
Part-time, was able to use skills taught to me in my college course, was able to work in multiple departments including administrative,recruitment, financial aid, inventory control, and helping out the faculty
Pros
Part-time so I could still attend classes at night, working in various departments, using skills I learned in my courses
Cons
part-time, short-term position on the completion of my degree, no healthcare benefits
Adjunct Professor
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2016
ITT is a very collaborative working environment. There is always help available for computer issues relating to classes taught. There is always input from co-workers concerning particular students and their difficulties to address. This school consists of adult students who truly want to succeed in order to advance in their current jobs or those who have desire to enter a working field at entry level.
Pros
Flexibility in schedules
Cons
N/A
Great place to work but upper management can be out of touch.
Chair, School of Drafting and Design (Current Employee) –  St. Rose, LAJuly 26, 2016
Work hours were flexible as long as deadlines are met. I learned a lot about teaching and managing teachers. The work environment, as far as coworkers, was great. The hardest part of the job was meeting expectations that were unrealistic. The best part of the job was banding together to make it work for our students as a team.
Pros
I like working nights and weekends
Cons
low bar on health care
Providing students with quality career education
Student Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 28, 2016
Helping students in an "open enrollment" school prepare for successful careers is very rewarding.

Although the education was first rate top management decisions and actions caused the Department of Education to effectively closed down ITT-Tech by refusing to fund new students with Federal Student loans.
Pros
Helping students achieve their goals
Cons
Getting Closed by the Department of Education

2.8