ITT Educational Services Inc. Employee Reviews

This business has now closed.
Marketing Rep/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 29, 2017
This business has now closed, and that is no surprise considering what I experienced while working there for barely over one year.

The recruitment manager, at the time I was employed with the company, lacked integrity and was not at all professional.
Pros
Easily accessible. Nice place to walk around the campus.
Cons
Poor management in recruiting department. Culture lacked professionalism in overall.
not a good place
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 28, 2017
This is not a good place to work! It starts at the top and goes down - everyone I encountered was not helpful or friendly or an effective employee. and I would never want to work there again
No Longer in Business
Career Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 28, 2017
During my tenure this was a great organization to work at my level. The company provided very well for their employees and were very supportive regarding our support for the students and Alumni
great place too work
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAAugust 27, 2017
I loved working there The entire school was dedicated to helping the students to succeed. I left because the Obama administration forced the school to declare bankruptcy and close.
Pros
great place to work
I was a Federal Work Study
Network Help Desk Tech (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 24, 2017
I did passwords changes, cloning, and scripting. I learned cloning. Management was wonderful. Work place culture was very relaxed.
There was no hard part of the job. The most enjoyable thing about the job was learning different aspects of networking.
Retaliatory company
CRIMINAL JUSTICE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Swartz Creek, MIAugust 23, 2017
did not focus on student's needs, focused on money and protecting instructors that violated rules and laws. Campus directors did not show concern for major issues.
Pros
students
Cons
priorities
Itt tech
Human resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2017
Overall, great company to work for although they closed due to accreditation problems. I really enjoyed working in a fast-paced environment serving many employees.
Not an employee
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2017
I was a student at ITT Technical Institute not an employee, I can only tell you about schooling, the classes were great, very informative, all you had to do was listen and participate and you'd pass
Company loss title 4 funding. Closed
Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 16, 2017
Company made some bad decisions and loss title 4 funding. Had to close down, leaving students uncertain about their educational future. Many students were left with huge debts and credits that would not roll over into similar programs at other schools.
Pros
Cons
Closed down all business locations
Friendly staff, but misleading company.
HR STAFFING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 16, 2017
Excellent coworkers and working environment. Unfortunately, company was facing various lawsuits which would eventually cause them to cease operations with no notice to employees.
Education is not a well paid career.
Electronics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2017
I worked for a company that was acquired by ITT. Many of my coworkers were dissatisfied. They voted to unionize. The sale was a move by management to nullify the union.
Under different circumstances, I would have liked to continue. The pay was low. The work was interesting and fulfilling.
Pros
Fulfilling work as an instructor.
Cons
Low benefits, my department was eliminated.
Fun place to but management difficult
Master Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 14, 2017
ITT Technical Institute has a great culture to work in. The pay compensation is also competitive. Management however is difficult to work with. That is why the school closed all of it's campuses
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
Poor management
Closed for a reason
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2017
Like many for profit institutions, this organization was unable to truly support students with a desire to learn. Unfortunately, I was unaware of this until I had been teaching for awhile,
Students
Financial Aid Administrator (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 11, 2017
Being able to help students find funds to attend school. I learn how to help students find the funds they need to attend schoo. This was an technical school, which is now closed.. The hardest part of this job was having to let he student and parent know they would have to pay out of pocket to cover expense.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Hours
Didn't keep up with technology
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAAugust 9, 2017
As with many companies going through sever financial problems they cut way way back on keeping up with recent releases of software to teach on (e.g. Windows Server 2008).
Pros
Good students
Cons
Old stuff to teach
Higher Education Institute aimed at enhancing academic and work careers of matriculating students
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 7, 2017
Preparing Instructional material students interested in Criminal Justice.

Creating an interesting and lively class environment for students to attract their interest in the field of Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement.
Pros
Learning how to counsel students towards specific career paths in Criminal Justice
Cons
Salary and wages
Enjoyable workplace
Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNAugust 5, 2017
Loved my manager, especially since he listened to my ideas and concerns plus was not a micro manager.
Had a great sales team. Hours were very long and had meetings daily, but overall employees were wonderful and very gratifying to assist students find their careers.
Pros
Great manager, employees, and students
Cons
not great compensation
No longer exist
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2017
The company no longer exist. I am not sure if the reason was financial, but I do know they were charging too much for tuition and fees. There were some great instructors there.
Maintenance
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 4, 2017
I did like the job. General maintenance to the campus and its grounds.workijg there showed me the career path that I wanted to follow. Wasn't in maintenance but stationary engineering. Thankful for the experience.
good Institute
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 4, 2017
Flexible classes and hours of operation
Well orgainised
Good curriculum
New ways of teaching
simple process and record manitaining options
Well equipped Labs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ITT Educational Services Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7