ITT Educational Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,254 reviews matching the search
Educational and promoted networking
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2016
I would clock in and asked to see who I needed to tutor that day. Once finished I would assist teachers in the classroom with anything they needed help with, same goes for the students.The management was reasonable. My co-workers were great and always willing to lend a hand if needed. The best part about the job was being able to use the knowledge I had acquired to teach others who didn't understand it and put it in terms that they could understand and remember.
Detail Orientated
Senior II Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2016
ITT Technical Institute was very detail orientated company that focused heavily on education, customer service, and compliance of Title IV Funding and Post September 11th Funding.
Pros
Great Work Culture
Cons
Long Work Hours
Changed Lives
Community Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 12, 2016
Changed Lives! That is what ITT did. I saw it pesonally. I saw students who started that lived in their vehicle, they showered at the local truck stop, but they stayed the course and finished their Associates, went to work in their field and later returned and finished their Bachelor's. Today they are in a management job making six figures, all because the people at ITT believed in them.

It is a shame it is over. I'm the end analysis, the businesses will be hurt, as their already exists a shortage of skilled labor in many of the areas ITT offered programs.
Pros
Great Staff, Relaxed, Sense of Belonging
Cons
Management short sided thinking
A job that was enjoyable with some challenges.
Community Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNSeptember 12, 2016
My days sometimes started at 7AM and ended at 8PM. It was less hours on some days and more on others dependent upon what you had scheduled.
I learned how to interact more with people in the field. (Principals, Teachers, Counselors, HR, politicians, Community people, Churches and organizing Job Fairs etc...
Co-workers did not have a full understanding sometimes of my job description, but most worked well with me.
The hardest part of job was having all other employees understand what my position required.
Meeting People every day and learning from each on.
Pros
Pay, Opportuntiy to be out in the field talking to people about a product every day.
Cons
long hours, required productivity numbers.
Local Campus excellent.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 12, 2016
The local campus I worked at with ITT Tech was the best office/clerical/administrative experience I have ever had. This was due to the specific managment at this campus.
Pros
No overtime.
Cons
No chance for advancement.
Valuable Experience
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 12, 2016
I was provided many opportunities to further my experience and acquire many skills in my position as an admissions representative, and later as an administrative assistant (move within the company). I was able to work directly with students, which is something I am looking for in my career.
Itt
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Student driven 600 to 700 enrolled, very fast pace environment. Multi task, Supervisory role of 4+ employees. Responsible for hiring & training on a weekly basis. Daily reports and goals assigned.
Itt tech
Admissions Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 12, 2016
I loved working with students and being able to impact their lives in a positive way. I found my purpose here at ITT. Other areas of the company need improvement.
Google them
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 12, 2016
What can I say that hasn't been said already. This was by far the worst teaching experience I have ever had. We had 2 directors, 2 deans, and 3 assistant deans in the 2 years I worked there. There was a constant turnover of teachers. They moved on to greener pastures. The pay was lousy and so were the classroom hours. I loved my students, but felt sorry that they weren't getting the education they paid for. We had to follow a curriculum that often didn't make sense. Most teachers did their best to teach them properly but were often shutdown by management. They had some good teachers, but a lousy system that screwed their students and employees over in the end. Hopefully, everyone will have better opportunities in the future.
Pros
students, some co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Entry level Intern kind of work
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CASeptember 12, 2016
The position was for students only. 20 hours a week. Main job was to tutor and assist students. There wasn't always students to assist so some days there wasn't much to do.
Pros
Get to help others
Cons
ITT is closed
expected to work for free to help the student
adjunct teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 11, 2016
the company has requested my service to tutor the student.
After putting 8hrs of tutoring, the company has reneged on their commitment to pay.

the course lesson plan was poorly disorganized . it needed more work to teach the course.
Pros
free coffe
Student orientated
Adjunct Instructor: NT2670 Email and Web Services (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 11, 2016
Working for ITT Tech. gave me the opportunity to make a difference in peoples lives. For that, I am grateful. The curriculum was dated in some classes but the practical application theory was great for the students.
Pros
Great student interaction
Cons
Low pay
Overall rating 5 star
Master IV Representative (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 11, 2016
Seeing my students graduates is priceless, because my goal is to change the life of a student one at a time through the higher education.
A typical work day is full day productive, conducting students back to back all day long.
Great Intentions poorly executed
Department Chair (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2016
ITT as a school I felt did an amazing job providing skills to students that were needed in industry. For over 50 years, ITT covered a niche that "traditional" schools simply could not.
ESI, the owners of ITT, on the other hand did a poor job overall management of resources needed for schools to prosper.
The morning were uneventful (mostly meetings) since we were a mostly evening campus. At night, it was handling the needs of teachers and students on a daily basis.
As a department chair I learned I had little control of the bigger picture. I could deal with books, curriculum issues, scheduling but that was about it.
The majority of my co-workers were amazing. I learned so much from them personally that I could feel the personal growth. They are the ones I truly miss. They were the ones I came to work with a smile.
Pros
Got to shape the minds of students and give them opportunity to grow
Cons
Headquarters did not know how to run a school, only a business
tireless work for company that didnt care
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 10, 2016
i loved helping students learn, but i was constantly under pressure from the management to meet goals for the company instead of goals for the students. i was torn by my pride and morals to be a champion for the students, while also ensuring my income for my wife and kids. was a very unstable work environment.
Pros
Students
Cons
Managment
Horrible business/management practices.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 9, 2016
No protection of employees right, all about the money. They could care less about the students or the people who worked there. Mass layoffs, eventually all the schools closed.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Management & horrible benefits
Productive and Great Workplace
Master Financial Aid Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 9, 2016
I enjoyed servicing students and assisting in changing lives on a daily basis. Working closely with the Department of Education and Veteran Affairs was a great experience.
Amazing foundation for library experience
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 9, 2016
I spent many days working with students, running a writing center, assisting students with reference and circulation, collaborating with other departments, etc.
Great experience
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 8, 2016
Itt - tech was definitely one of my better experiences. I attained this job as an adjunct instructor in the pursuit of gaining additional income as I pursued my business. It was this experience that enlightened me to the fact that I loved teaching, especially teaching architecture.
Pros
TECHING
Cons
SHORT LIVED
ITT is closed
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2016
ITT was a great place to work. They closed to government regulations. Phoenix, Arizona
A typical work day included assisting students to obtain their educational goals.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Can't think of any.

2.7