ITT Educational Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,472 reviews matching the search
Productive atmosphere
Marketing/Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 24, 2017
Very productive atmosphere. The company cared for students and potential students/past students alike. Unfortunately, ITT Technical institute was shut down last year.
Ok
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 23, 2017
I worked part of a work study program. The job was an ok job. The workplace was ok, the pay was low and hours were not enough. The typical day involve clean and assisting other department.
My 2 cents on adjunct teaching
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 21, 2017
Adjunct teaching can be very rewarding, but you find the curriculum is outdated and dry. (dated cookie-cutter coursework designed by admin in corporate offices).

If you're one who likes to redesign your coursework (within acceptable parameters) to tailor to the needs of your students, you will do well!

Drawbacks include not having a set class workload. It's ideal for a second job. Pay per lecture hour is very competitive. But be ready to do admin work such as grading papers, email communications, et al-
unpaid. Sometimes it becomes full-time work, for part-time pay.

Student populace. Typically adult learners. High percentage former military. Challenges can be engaging students with coursework, as many see it as nothing more than a diploma mill.

If you like teaching. Helping improve lives. This is a good start to get your foot in the industry!
Pros
A Masters Degree is sufficient to teach here
Cons
Class schedules aren't guaranteed, nor consistent
Teaching CAD Skills; Civil 3D; REVIT; Inventor; EXCEL, etc.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 20, 2017
For students who were desirous of obtaining a good education, the company turned out many candidates that were good hires. However, the "Profit" motive of the school would interfere with securing "quality" students.
Bad place to work
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
This company was bad for students and people who work there. they did not care for students unless they were going to make more money off of them. Crooks happy they are closed
Very productive and fun place to work
School Chair, Associate Dean, Dean, and Instructor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 18, 2017
-Typical day varied from Lesson plans , faculty development, instructor training, student training, and customer satisfaction
-I learned that everyone's needs come first...you can always get caught up with your own needs last
-Management was super supportive
-People were happy and always willing to help when needed
-Hardest part was the standing on a hard surface for six hours at a time..fixed with rubber mats.
- Most enjoyable part was watching the light bulbs turn on when teaching instructors and students.
Pros
People I worked with were fantastic
Good Company to work
Systems Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAApril 17, 2017
The Company was good, very flexible in schedule, very understandable and management is very good take care of their employees. Learned a lot at work. Started as a student, then Federal Work Study and become a full time employee enjoyed each and every period of time working in the Company. Very nice people and atmosphere to work with.
Pros
Good Company to work
Cons
Not enough pay
I was proud to work there for over 21 years
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 16, 2017
It was a great company that always tried to do what was in the best interest of the student. We changed lives. I had the great honor of working with some great people.
This is the place of my work and study
Systems Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXApril 14, 2017
Amazing atmosphere, our beloved campus was rated #1 in the country. My instructors are amazing and very knowledgeable about the field. This was my first taste of professional IT work.
Pros
I had time to do my homework
Cons
temporary
Glad to see this company close
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 12, 2017
ITT Technical Institute needed to be closed. They have robbed their former students and hopefully they are made to pay restitution. The working culture in the administration office was very cut-throat and deceptive.
Poor work/life balance
Sr. Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 11, 2017
I felt I nearly worked myself to death trying to learn new technologies and managing hundreds of servers. The team I worked with was excellent, however, higher management didn't value employees as much as the dollar.
Pros
The team
Cons
The short sighted management
Review of company
Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 10, 2017
Working with this company allowed me to grow into a field that I was not use to. The company did not have much growth opportunity. We had spit off days hard to adapt to a set schedule.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
personal and work life balace
High Energetic Environment!
Admissions Representative Senior (Former Employee) –  Webster, TexasApril 10, 2017
Conducted Face to Face personal interviews, telephone interviews and email correspondences to identify Adult and High School prospects to determine their educational needs, concerns and interest. Learned to Conduct all admissions activities with highest integrity and business ethics while following the practices of state, federal and ECA policies.
Pros
Highly motivated environment!
Cons
Accreditation for school in review
Great campus to work at
Dean of Academic Affairs (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAApril 10, 2017
Fun working mostly with the students and helping to change lives. Management team well organized and includes a very diverse environment. The most challenging part of the job was managing student attendance, but the most enjoyable was seeing students graduate with a wealth of knowledge.
Pros
Nice refreshments every quarter
Cons
Health benefits
N/a
Career Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2017
Workplace was fast paced but balanced. Fun environment. Work study job while attending school. Monday thru Friday with weekends off. Went out of business recently.
OMG...Run if they are asking you to work here!!!
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 6, 2017
I did not like working at this place at all. You are constantly having to stretch the truth to the students to keep them coming to school. If you did not lie to the students, your job was at risk...evey week in the dreaded meeting.
ITT Technical School
Assisting the lead IT person (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2017
I worked under the technician who maintained all the computers, and other equipment. I learned a lot from him before I was hired at a full time position with another company.
Pros
Hands on learning
Cons
Was not in my field of study.
The school no longer exists
Tenured Information Technology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 4, 2017
Working with students is great and rewarding. The position was dynamic as quarter to quarter was different with each set of students I was able to teach. I absolutely loved my students and my time with them. I wish them all the greatest success.
For Profit Education Institiute
RECRUITER & CAREER CONTINUITY SPECAILIST (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 4, 2017
For profit educational institutes are always interesting business models. Although it is enjoyable to help students realized their dream of a college education, the tactics were at times hard to swallow. ITT is no longer in operation.
Pros
Helping those in need
Cons
Evenings and weekends, unrealistic enrollment targets
Well, it closed so...
Work Study Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 1, 2017
Seeing as how this "school" has closed, I don't see how a mandatory review is necessary. And now I have to enter up to one hundred and fifty characters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ITT Educational Services Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7