ITT Educational Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,315 reviews matching the search
Work Study Program
Assistant to Electronics Chair/ Assistant Dean (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72211September 19, 2016
This was a work study program while I pursued my associates degree in electrical/electronics engineering. The best part of this job was helping (tutoring/mentoring) other students as they pursued their dreams of obtaining a degree.
Pros
tutoring, helping others succeed, friendly employees, great supervisor
Cons
pay decreased, school closed abruptley
Continual learning, loved my job and helping the students
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL and Knoxville, TNSeptember 19, 2016
For 21 years I worked at ITT and was able to keep learning new software and help with special projects like a new degree audit in our system being able to set up the templates for my district. I also was Lead Registrar over several districts which gave me the opportunity to train and teach new registrar's.
Depending on the week a typical day fast passed with deadlines to make but always enjoyable and fun. As a manager on the team I was able to be part of the decision making and problem solving.
I had very good co-workers and everyone was there for the same purpose to help students meet their goals of education.
The hardest part of my job would be when a student could not continue. The most enjoyable was at gradation seeing the faces of all the graduates families and how proud they were.
Pros
Changing lives
Cons
health care
Great job WIll be missed
Associate Dean (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 19, 2016
Students and co-workers will be greatly missed. The best job I have ever had. The medical benefits were expensive and very poor, but the dental and eye was pretty good.
Cons
Medical benefits were poor.
I loved my job and the work atmosphere
System Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 18, 2016
I started working there right after graduation and loved what I did, the people I worked with and the environment. Interacted with numerous other departments such as Finance, Marketing, Instructors, Nursing Instructors/staff, Registrar, and general staff. Typical day was looking over server room to ensure all networking equipment was up and running, then a room to room check was done to make sure the computer labs and theory rooms were working for instructors and students. Hardest part of the job was when numerous issues occurred simultaneously which necessitated prioritizing them.
Pros
Stayed busy all day long, cohesive work environment, great managers, hands on experiences.
Cons
pay raises were very small
Company went out of business
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Canton, MISeptember 16, 2016
The company went out of business as of September 9, 2016. I enjoyed working with everyone at the Canton campus. Caring for our students was our top priority!
This was a very efficient and friendly customer service job.
Financial Aid Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CASeptember 16, 2016
Working at ITT Technical Institute was by far my favorite job. I worked in the financial department where i made phone calls, set appointments, and did a lot of filing. Most fulfilling job i achieved there was helping the students on a face to face basis get what they needed.
Productive and challenging
Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 16, 2016
My campus had a strong commitment to our students and the students appreciated all that we did for them. ITT gave me opportunities to be productive and pro-active every day, and I was supported by my superiors and colleagues in every way. My co-workers were highly driven and capable people who were passionate about helping our students change their lives for the better.
Being able to change people lives everyday.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Rose, LASeptember 16, 2016
My job consisted of face to face interviews enrolling new students to the school and maintaining existing students with excellent customer service. Making phone calls and working with every other division in the school to go threw the proper steps for enrollment. The best part of the job was to watch the students cross the stage and graduate as their parents take pictures and celebrate with joy.
Pros
Student interaction
Cons
high stress
love working there
Recruitment Representative (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 16, 2016
its was a delight working at ITT TECH the culture was great and my co-worker were awesome. i worked there for 3 yrs and learned lots i would still be there if it wasnt for the school to close down
Enjoyed my job!!
Director of Recruitment (Arnold) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 16, 2016
I loved working with the people i worked with. The upper management where way to out of touch with reality. they never came down to see what the issues where. So they couldn't fix what they did not know was broken.
Great campus, HQ was the problem
Campus Director, Operations (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 16, 2016
The field employees took very good care of the students. There were a few individuals at the top that was careless. The HR department was awesome and the campus administration did everything to help staff and students.
great career starter in education
Director of Career Services (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CASeptember 15, 2016
I began with ITT in March of 2010.
I was promoted in Jan 2012
was promoted a second time to move up to HQ in Indi and declined to relocate at that time. Now ITT is closed and it was a loss to both the employees and students
Pros
advancement
Cons
layoffs
Continuous but productive work
Manager Of Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 15, 2016
On a daily basis meeting, interviewing and enrolling perspective students. I learned that at times when you're helping someone to decide on an educational path to ask more opened ended questions. The management staff on the academic side and the admissions department could have worked better as a team for the benefit of the students. My co-workers were ready and able to help perspective and current students. The most difficult portion of the job was rescheduling the perspective student's initial campus visit. This was due to them not showing multiples times before eventually arriving for their scheduled appointment. The most rewarding part was seeing "my" students cross the stage at graduation.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Worked most company paid holidays
I have worked with ITT for 31+ years. I believed in the mission of helping students
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 15, 2016
Everyday was a new day working with individuals, helping them to a goal of a career. With regulations and policies both of Department of Education and ITT's, I was responsible to stay update to date to train, monitor and approve of student funding. The hardest part would be when you had a client in front of you that was so motivated and excited to turn things around in his or her life but due to policies of being Independent or Dependent, filing taxes, parent cooperation, documentation could put up so many barriers for the student. Most enjoyable is just the opposite of above. With all the of policies and procedures we have, everything falls into place for the student to start a path for his or her career and ultimately to watch them walk across stage to graduation
The local office was good.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CASeptember 15, 2016
The company is now closed due to some bad decisions made by Head Quarters. Locally we were like a family with our students.
Stable and friendly environment
Instructor of Visual Communications (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 15, 2016
I worked nearly six years for the company, I was tasked with a multitude of jobs outside my job description and fulfilled them. I was let go from the company in the wake of its shutdown.
ITT Educational services
System Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2016
ITT educational service was a great place to work. My typical day at work was working with a group of talented individuals in resolving a variety of issues.
Most enjoyable part of my job
Master 2 Educational Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 15, 2016
I love to help people so this organization afforded me the chance to help people with their educational and career goals. I got to meet lots of people within my 10 year tenure. I can say I changed lots of lives!
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Medical Benefits
Fun palce to work.
Master IV Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 15, 2016
I really loved my job, loved meeting all kinds of people and having the opportunity to assist them. Great co-workers. hardest part of the job was to see some parents not willing to help or motivate the kids.
Pros
Meeting people and able to help them achieve thier goals.
The local campus was a comfortable place to work; the students and instructors gnerally cared about their academic success.
ADGS (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 14, 2016
The school has closed. I had a afternoon to evening schedule. I learned at lot about a data driven environment. Student retention and success rate were most important. The local management had a open-door policy. My co-workers liked each other and we were like a family. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a centralized management instead of regional. Helping students were the best part of the day.

2.7