ITT Educational Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Retaliatory company
CRIMINAL JUSTICE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Swartz Creek, MIAugust 23, 2017
did not focus on student's needs, focused on money and protecting instructors that violated rules and laws. Campus directors did not show concern for major issues.
Pros
students
Cons
priorities
Itt tech
Human resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2017
Overall, great company to work for although they closed due to accreditation problems. I really enjoyed working in a fast-paced environment serving many employees.
Not an employee
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2017
I was a student at ITT Technical Institute not an employee, I can only tell you about schooling, the classes were great, very informative, all you had to do was listen and participate and you'd pass
Company loss title 4 funding. Closed
Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 16, 2017
Company made some bad decisions and loss title 4 funding. Had to close down, leaving students uncertain about their educational future. Many students were left with huge debts and credits that would not roll over into similar programs at other schools.
Pros
Cons
Closed down all business locations
Friendly staff, but misleading company.
HR STAFFING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 16, 2017
Excellent coworkers and working environment. Unfortunately, company was facing various lawsuits which would eventually cause them to cease operations with no notice to employees.
Education is not a well paid career.
Electronics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2017
I worked for a company that was acquired by ITT. Many of my coworkers were dissatisfied. They voted to unionize. The sale was a move by management to nullify the union.
Under different circumstances, I would have liked to continue. The pay was low. The work was interesting and fulfilling.
Pros
Fulfilling work as an instructor.
Cons
Low benefits, my department was eliminated.
Fun place to but management difficult
Master Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 14, 2017
ITT Technical Institute has a great culture to work in. The pay compensation is also competitive. Management however is difficult to work with. That is why the school closed all of it's campuses
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
Poor management
Closed for a reason
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2017
Like many for profit institutions, this organization was unable to truly support students with a desire to learn. Unfortunately, I was unaware of this until I had been teaching for awhile,
Students
Financial Aid Administrator (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 11, 2017
Being able to help students find funds to attend school. I learn how to help students find the funds they need to attend schoo. This was an technical school, which is now closed.. The hardest part of this job was having to let he student and parent know they would have to pay out of pocket to cover expense.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Hours
Didn't keep up with technology
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAAugust 9, 2017
As with many companies going through sever financial problems they cut way way back on keeping up with recent releases of software to teach on (e.g. Windows Server 2008).
Pros
Good students
Cons
Old stuff to teach
Higher Education Institute aimed at enhancing academic and work careers of matriculating students
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 7, 2017
Preparing Instructional material students interested in Criminal Justice.

Creating an interesting and lively class environment for students to attract their interest in the field of Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement.
Pros
Learning how to counsel students towards specific career paths in Criminal Justice
Cons
Salary and wages
Enjoyable workplace
Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNAugust 5, 2017
Loved my manager, especially since he listened to my ideas and concerns plus was not a micro manager.
Had a great sales team. Hours were very long and had meetings daily, but overall employees were wonderful and very gratifying to assist students find their careers.
Pros
Great manager, employees, and students
Cons
not great compensation
No longer exist
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2017
The company no longer exist. I am not sure if the reason was financial, but I do know they were charging too much for tuition and fees. There were some great instructors there.
Maintenance
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 4, 2017
I did like the job. General maintenance to the campus and its grounds.workijg there showed me the career path that I wanted to follow. Wasn't in maintenance but stationary engineering. Thankful for the experience.
good Institute
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 4, 2017
Flexible classes and hours of operation
Well orgainised
Good curriculum
New ways of teaching
simple process and record manitaining options
Well equipped Labs
Great atmosphere with poor leadership
System Support Technician Work Study (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 2, 2017
ITT was my first job and one I did not apply for, I was recommended to work with a teacher who then left me in a cubicle while she taught classes and had me call people. After I was transferred to be the work study for the SST I found that the atmosphere was a friendly one but the leadership left little to be desired.
Pros
Great atmosphere, friendly coworkers
Cons
Poor leadership, lots of down time
I left ITT when I realized that the new CEO lacked integrity
Master Representative/Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 1, 2017
I loved working with students, helping them determine their career paths and accomplishing goals. I loved my co-worker, training them to success and watching them grow.
The hardest part of my job was realizing that what was once a career backed by integrity suddenly was changing into something I wanted no part of
Pros
Pay structure, schedules
Cons
A failing company
Itt
COLLEGE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 31, 2017
went out of business was a good place to work until the work model changed Financial focus vs Student focus sank this company ......Once a great School sadly went deep six
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Went Out of Business
Unfortunately Company is out of business
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 31, 2017
ITT was closed due to politics. It was a "For Profit" company and the US government preferred "Not for Profit" companies. As such, they cancelled long standing funding mechanisms, which forced ITT to declare bankruptcy.
Productive and Great place to work.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 29, 2017
Great place to work in diversity with a productive staff, with the ability to sit in on other classes to watch and learn from the back of the room. Multiple programs and events to interact with students for support and peer uplifting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ITT Educational Services Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7