ITT Exelis

ITT Exelis Employer Reviews

Poor managment
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: poor managment
Poor management with lack of knowledge in S.O.P. and S.O.W.
• Responsible for evaluating risks and controls within the retail environment to assure the highest level of operational efficiency.
Production control (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 20, 2014
organizing and conducting quality audits and reports using the financial enterprise services retail audit, and advising multiple levels of retail field management and other departments regarding retail controls and processes that have been identified as risks or control gaps.
Steady pace workflow
Logistics (Current Employee), Fort BenningJuly 28, 2014
Pros: fringe benefits
Cons: healthcare cost
Like all companies this company has its ups and downs. Contract work is always iffy.
productivly worked virtually and the ablility to do more was there but it was a temp job
Data Entry/ Logistics Clerk (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 14, 2014
I would recommend this job to anyone dealing with logistics
Great experience working with the Government
Supply Technician / Property Book Administrator (Current Employee), Camp Arifjan, KUJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: extreme weather conditions
I go to work everyday making sure the accountability for US Government Property is done properly. I've learned different Government systems and how they work. Management is pretty fair, it is different with every personality. My co-workers are great and we get the job done. Hardest part of the job is being so far away from family. Most enjoyable part – more... of the job is that you know you're helping your country. – less
My poor rating
Structural Assembler CH-53K (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 13, 2014
Pros: family like culture, good people
Cons: over worked and under paid
Exelis was a very stressful, uncoordinated workplace that was understaffed for the workload. There was a lot of positives with the company as far as experience and culture. All of the employees are like a family, not just there to collect a paycheck.
Good Management in my area
Product Assurance Lab Intern (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJuly 12, 2014
Good place to work. Everyone is very friendly in the lab that I work in. Great management, really likes to help you out if you need it.
Great enviroment for working and great benefit
Team Assembly (Former Employee), West Springfield, MAJuly 3, 2014
I was be able to build my skill and interacting with different groups of people from all over the places.
Company is on the decline
Sr. Engineer (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 21, 2014
Pros: very competent engineers
Cons: must accomplish more with fewer resources
Recent layoffs and reorg are strong indications that Exelis Space business is failing. Sr. Leadership team is taking big bonuses while taking away pension and vacation benefits. Merit increases also went to a two year cycle.
Fast Paced and learned alot.
Travel & Expense Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 19, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: job went to ny
Was very excited to get a chance to work at Exelis. Learned about different companies that work for Exelis. Prepared 10 different payroll on AS400. Worked the helpdesk and had a chance to resolve problems for C0-workers on the Concur expense system.
My job was moved to Rochester, NY. I wanted to stay in Indiana.
Currently I'm laid off as of May 27,2014.
Typical
Tester (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 12, 2014
Pros: experiened a lot
Cons: budget cuts
Challenging place to work due to so many people getting laid- off .
GREAT
Movement Control Specialist (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMay 6, 2014
Love the Navy, great benefits, great people.. travel yes experience yes..
Respect, Responsibility, Integrity
Warehouseman/Bottled Water Attendant (Current Employee), Camp as saliyah industrial area Qatar US baseMay 6, 2014
Cons: low salary, one day per week off
You have to be early at work because of a very busy morning, so that We as bottled water attendants / drivers, can distribute and deliver the pallets of bottled water to designated water stations.
For me the values that they taught to each and every employee is what i liked the most. they taught us to be respectful not only to the customers but also – more... with my co-workers, to be responsible, being accountable to every actions that we make and Integrity,to be honest in any given situation. – less
Great work environment
Security Investigator (Current Employee), OverseasMay 1, 2014
Exelis is a great company to be employed with. This company is really diverse and very strict with Respect and Dignity to all of its employees and clients.
Very Productive and Enjoyable Environment
Personal Property Counselor, Transportation (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 30, 2014
Pros: working with the military and their families.
Working with ITT Exelis gave me the chance to work with Military Families on a daily basis. Being a military child and spouse, this was a great venture for me.
Corporate company that is top heavy
Worker bee (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 27, 2014
Learned so much working at this company and my co-workers were great people. This company is extremely top heavy and company politics are a huge part of their culture. Their motto "do the right thing always" only applies to certain people.
Outstanding job with a lot of variety
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: job security
I enjoyed the job. It was always an opportunity to gain new knowledge and to apply learned knowledge. The only part of the job that is not favorable is the job security.
Good copany to be with.
Security Officer/Biometric Processing Clerk (Current Employee), AfghanaistanJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: not knowing when its going to end
Fast pace environment but easy work if you know what you are doing. I learned all types of skills dealing with the jobs I was assigned to. My Co-worker are easy going people that are very helpful. the hard part of the job is to be away from you family for months a time. Most enjoyable part of the job is to meet all the different types of people from – more... all over the world. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Assembler (Former Employee), West Springfield, MADecember 30, 2013
Learned a lot about troubleshooting pick and place machines. Too bad that the company merged with another, downsized and then closed due to government cutbacks.
had a very good training lab
Inside/Outside Plant Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 24, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: bad food
was a great place to work good coworker used gym on off days had access to onsite training lab

1 2 3 4 5