ITT Technical Institute

ITT Technical Institute Employee Reviews

A worthwhile Internship
Internship (Former Employee), Marlton, NJMay 25, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling
Cons: No benefits and low wages
I was able to work hands-on with many of the same systems that I was focusing on during my classroom lectures and lab time. This made it especially easy for me to both earn some extra money while furthering my professional expertise in the field.
Not your typical place to work
AMDISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Carmel, INMay 22, 2015
They use an auto-dialer system, high-turnover rate, the employees are great to work with, completely a sales environment, no room to move up.
ITT Technical Institute Review
Admissions Director/Counselor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Work Independently
Cons: Health care
I enjoyed working here being able to help students reach their dreams and goals and be able to have training in a hands on environment with transferable skills.
My overall rating is a 9.9
Representative (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAMay 20, 2015
Pros: making each student an Emory Ambassador with great things to say about me, my service and advise and the school
Cons: Not everyone will be totally satisfied all of the time, problem solving can take more than one try, getting others to buy into your way of solving problems is not always easy.
Productive worker with the people that I am reaching out to help. Capable of going beyond the written expectation and exceed with is the stated expectation. Team player and team contributor. I do enjoy working in a group but can be as successful working alone.
Great oral presentation skills and a leader. I would be a great addition to any department because a typical day in my job as an Admissions Advisor is to listen, suggest and to advise. Problem solving by reaching out to other departments when and if necessary to provide the best service possible and to remain within compliance and college policy. I try to make each day a fun day and to create trust and reliance from my peers and other management.
After all, I am employed to provide the best customer advice to the student who are the people we serve.
They are a very deceptive company and it's top management has recently been charged with fraud by the SEC.
Educational Recruiter (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMay 19, 2015
100+ cold calls per day to the same worn out leads that beg you not to call them anymore.

Co workers were wonderful.

Hardest part of the job was getting prospects to return after the initial interview.
Bryant and Stratton
College Recruiter (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYMay 18, 2015
Pros: flex time
Cons: holiday
Great place- love the students.
discounted tution
loved my manager
its a great place to start
I would recommend this company to anyone
great educational plans and health care
Nice Place to Work. Nice people. Laid Back Atmosphere.
Instructor of Android Programming (Current Employee), Tampa. FloridaMay 18, 2015
Pros: Courses are already prepared.
Cons: Students expect a lack of discipline. Such as arriving on time and leaving early.
Is a place that gives students a chance to learn hands on highly desired programming skills. Students are given the tools and equipment to learn hands on programming skills. The college has designed programs to assist students in determining their goals for employment.
Good company
Senior Admissions Advisor (Team Leader) (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 17, 2015
I had great managers that cared about their employees. I enjoyed working with my students and got along with my co-workers great. I would definitely recommend this company to a friend. It's a great starter company for someone wanting to get into the field of admissions.
Great place to work for helping others.
Senior Educational Recruiter (Current Employee), Valley, WAMay 14, 2015
My experience with ITT Technical Institute has taught me how to really develop a feel for how others perceive the education industry and to really get joy out of helping others achieve goals.
good first experience with higher education
Medical Recruiter (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 14, 2015
This is my first job in higher education. It pays okay. Be ready to deal with a new obstacle each day. I think the staff and management is great; however, the executives could care less.
Great chances for Opportunities
Sr. Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 13, 2015
Pros: Gym, Great Relationships
Cons: Educational Sales
love the higher education environment. Hardest part of my job was selling the education. I really love the students and I want them to enjoy their experiences with ITT
motivated and strong ethics
Registrar (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 12, 2015
strong attention to detail, managed two employees and maintained a professional conduct. made the job fun while staying on task. brought a struggling department back to achieving goals.
Needs Revamping
Financial Aid Coordinator (Current Employee), Henderson, NVMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free lunches periodically
Cons: Healthcare, days and hours worked
The company needs a revamping from the top. Employees at the school levels are required to work on "recognized holidays" (i.e. Memorial Day, Labor Day, President's Day).
No matter how many times the employees ask to follow proper policy and procedure, managers never address the situations.
I like the concept of the school, they need to have full-time instructors who are invested in their students.
Not a bad place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), OregonMay 8, 2015
Pros: Lots of independence, fun teaching something you're passionate about
Cons: No health care, no idea what next quarter will bring, really annoying Associate Deans
Really, it all boils down to who has the Associate Dean position- and that changes often. I worked for ITT as an instructor for over 5 years and saw 4 people rotate through the Assoc. Dean position. They're the ones who are going to give you next quarter's classes to teach, so it's up to them whether or not you're going to be able to eat that quarter. I had great experiences with 2 of them, one was a horrible experience- he was a micro-manager; the fourth was coming on as I was leaving.

They expect you to stay the entire 4.5 hour class period (which isn't always as easy as it sounds- much of the curricula is extremely easy and it's hard to keep kids engaged for nearly 5 hours).
Great people and a fun place to work
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMay 6, 2015
The employees are really nice and treat everyone with respect. The hours were not that great because when i was not in class or at work, i was working here.
Training ground
Director of Finance (Former Employee), TorranceMay 6, 2015
Pros: Good Teamwork
Cons: none
During my stay in this institution, the staff and managers were awesome. I enjoyed working with all the departments. We handle all the aspect of the job and we have a continuous training.
Laid back environment
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Laid back, no micro-managing, can easily move up
Cons: low salary and increases
Great place to work because of the environment and co-workers. Can easily move up to other departments within the company but salary and increases even with promotions is minimal.
Caring and Sharing Work Place
Networking and Personal Computer Instructor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2015
Work place where instructors help and share information with fellow instructors. Caring environment for students as well as above and beyond to assist students
Relaxed enviorment
Admission Recruiter (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIMay 1, 2015
Pros: Enjoy the Students and making a difference
Cons: Weekly Schedule Changes
> A work day can consist of 9-9 six days a week
> The change an education can make in someones life is something to see
> Hardest part of the job is cold calling. Education is not for everybody.
productive and fun, but little room for growth
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2015
Pros: work experience, working with general public, team environment
Cons: healthcare benefits, glass ceilings, lack of consistent structure
highly pressured job with very little room for growth is why I'm looking for a better job that will challenge me more, along with provide more room to grow in higher positions with a company

1 2 3 4 5

About ITT Technical Institute

The ITT Technical Institutes are a leading private college system focused on technology-oriented programs of study. There are – Read more

ITT Technical Institute Salaries