ITT Technical Institute

ITT Technical Institute Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 6, 2016
I have been working at ITT Tech since September 2015 (5 months). It is my first teaching job and I enjoy working here. Students are very good and also I like my manager.
The pay is low and they need pay instructors more.
Pros
Good environment - Nice coworkers
Cons
Low pay - No benefits
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 31, 2016
I worked nights. I wasn't there long enough to form an opinion. I was not a good fit for me. Very slow and not alot of contact with people.
Pros
Cons
Hardly any contact with people.
Terrible business
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 24, 2016
1st of all if you like to steal peoples FA, then this job is for you. The kind of people you meet are those who have lived in inner city and been exposed to some harsh realities of life. They are so busy trying to survive that they do not understand the details and the scope of the process or what they could do with themselves. Before you know they are 40-80K in the whole and have no job outlook. I feel bad for them. Worst off, the location director is a complete and utter fool, You cannot repeat the same steps and expect to get a different result. When you try to get creative on methods to improve or build your book of business, you are shot down immediately. The culture goes up the ladder all the way to the top of the company, remember this is the same company who lied about the amount of FEDERAL FA it received so the CEO and senior staff could get over on the company and its students. Someone really needs to shut this school down immediately. You have no job security and have to work almost 60 hours a week during recruitment season, which is every 2 months. Bad business bad ethics, bad moral and is not willing to change to become a better company. I wish I could give it ZERO STARS!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything, from the CEO to the FA staff to the Falcuty to the process
Fun place
Academic Dean (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 19, 2016
ITT is a great place to work, salary is low, but the Durham culture is nice. You are expected to work hard which i like. I wish I had access to the data base at hoe, so I could get more work done. Other employees make you feel welcome. I would recommend more training. The hardest part of the job to me- too many meetings, which take away from me meeting with students and staff. Most enjoyable, it is a comfortable environment, getting to know the students.
Good work enviroment
Assistant to the Director/Dean and IT Support (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 17, 2016
Was a good work environment and was fun with learning different styles of work ethics. Management was excellent and there when needed assistance.
Able to work in a intelligent and fun work environment.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 16, 2016
Currently, at work, I have the best relationship with my managers, as well as all of my co- workers. We get the job done to our best ability which exceeds all other stores work in the district. My Home Depot is always number one, and i am a huge part of the team.
Pros
Friendly people
a means to an end
Academic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2016
I worked part-time for ITT in the work study program. My tasks were to tutor students, assist teachers in classes, maintain computer electronic equipment.
Pros
short hours
Cons
very low pay, no healthcare
Only good for education
Assistant, filing (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I did rather enjoyed working at my college. During the time I was my first office job, and I enjoyed the people I was working beside, plus It was my college I was working at. The job was steady base of work that unfortunately didn't pay enough.
Nice people fun place family oriented.
Admissions Representative/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Great place if you can get through the training program lots of memorization and word for word scripts.
Not micro managed.
Most enjoyable part of the job is all the pleasant people I worked with and the pep meetings.
Pros
Lots of free lunches and dinners. No Micro managers.
Cons
Scripted interview methods.
Not the place for me
Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2016
A very non-professional environment. The company only seems to be interested in profit, not sustainability. Education is not the number 1 goal with ITT-Tech.
productive
System support technician intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2016
great place to work and enhance my customer service and technology skills , have outstanding teachers and staff as well love working here only problem government dtop funding student work study program
Admissions Advisor/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Interviewing students,creating schedules, working with other departments. Time management,sales and interpersonal skills needed. Great place to gain experience.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Work schedule
Not a recommended job to obtain
Recruitment Representative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJanuary 6, 2016
I do NOT like saying bad things about a place I have worked. However, since I don't have anything good to say... Have a good day.
Friendly atmosphere
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 4, 2016
The staff was great to work with. They were great with helping with the students. They were friendly, laid back and easygoing while also remaining professional.
Staff are wonderful
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 4, 2016
When I get ready to start my day at ITT-Tech , I walk through the building and instantly get greeted by multiple employee's with a warm welcome. What I learned by working here is to have patience and understanding because everyone is not up to date with the new technologies of 2015. ITT-tech management is good ; everyone seems to know more than just there actual job field and that's good! I love my co-workers they are wonderful and very helpful people and they work very hard for their company. The hardest part about my job is trying to work with different types of students because ITT is so multicultural, but I always offer my assistance to anyone who walks through the door. The most enjoyable part of job is working amongst my co-workers. We enjoy staff conversations we all enjoy each others presents.
Pros
Good Energy &Great staff
Cons
Hours
Great Learning Experience
Student Work Study (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 29, 2015
Would assist fellow students with their studies.
Would assist schools system admin with daily tasks.
Learned a whole lot outside of the school curriculum.
Pros
excellent learning experience
Cons
temporary job
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 27, 2015
The management was great for internship,i was allowed to chose my own hours and days that i wanted to.There were not really any co-works to work with, because I was a student intern. This was a very enlightening job because it is in my filed of study so i learned skills for my life career: such as phone skills and quick filing skills and computer navigation skills.
Pros
got study time when wasn't busy
Good job. Does not pay as well as other educational institutes
Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2015
Overall this is not a bad place to work if you really like helping students and watching them go through their education and graduate. However there is almost no work life balance due to the nature of the job. The pay is not satisfactory compared to other schools within the industry.
Not Progressing in the Industry
Student Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 17, 2015
I like the idea of ITT Tech and what they offer students. I think that because they have a lot of people that have been in senior positions for awhile though they are starting to lose momentum in the industry. Their programs are great and meet a student population need, but they aren't reaching them like they could be.
Pros
Great Programs
Cons
Poor Marketing
Co workers always kept a positive attitude.
Administration Academics Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNDecember 16, 2015
I can honestly say that I learned a lot of new things everyday I went to work. My co workers were professional. What I disliked about ITT Tech is that they let me go after knowing for a whole month that the budget was getting cut, not even giving me a heads up to look for employment.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
No Professionalism