ITT Technical Institute

ITT Technical Institute Employer Reviews

Flexible environment - open communication
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Madison, WIOctober 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility and openess
Cons: travel time and attendance contact requirement
Working at ITT Technical Institute gives experience with students. We are always encouraged to exchange communications in any way possible with guidelines, of course. Everyone at ITT are welcoming and easy to work with. They are always happy to help or answer questions.
A typical day
System Support Technician (Current Employee), South Bend, INOctober 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: on call
See other review for more information. I truly enjoy working with students and teaching them how to maintain and protect information technology.
Educational in Electrical Components and Laws
Student (Former Employee), High Point, NCOctober 28, 2014
Pros: educational in electrical components and laws
Learned to troubleshoot electrical devices, understanding of basic electrical schematics
Helped push me to bigger dreams
Secretary and Teacher (Former Employee), Getzville, NYOctober 25, 2014
Pros: it was never a dull job
Cons: many responsibilities and job titles for very low pay
Teaching Information Technology was fantastic every day. Every challenge was intriguingly exciting.
Loved my co-workers like family
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 21, 2014
The staff was incredible. I enjoyed the opportunity to work there. I miss them all.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Dean of Academics (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNOctober 17, 2014
Pros: positive students
Cons: management structure
Helping my students to achieve their goals in getting their degree.
Not a Great Experience
Adjunct Math Instructor (Former Employee), Madison, ALOctober 14, 2014
The students are not encouraged to really "learn". You are encouraged to "help" them as much as possible so that everyone passes. The lectures follow a strict pre-made lesson plan. I worked there for almost two months before I got paid as well.
Fun Learning environment
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: worked while attending classes
Learning to search for job leads and helping students with resumes. Host in House Job Fairs. Schedule meetings with students. Worked closely with Stacia Career Services Director.
I was strictly going to school
Student (Former Employee), Albuqerque, NMOctober 8, 2014
Pros: have the option to go on campus or online
This was a point where I was focusing on school and not working.
All around fun place to work, real laid back.
RECEPTIONIST/TEACHER'S AIDE (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 6, 2014
This position came to be from the Federal Work Study Program through ITT Tech. Ensured superior customer experience by addressing customer concerns, demonstrating empathy and resolving problems promptly. Assisted instructor with syllabi and course material distribution, which led to many opportunities to act as a consultant and tutor for various student – more... projects. Maintained the front desk and reception area in a neat and organized fashion. Managed the receptionist area, including greeting visitors and responding to telephone and in-person requests of information. Served as central point of contact for all outside vendors needing to gain access to the building. Dispersed incoming mail to correct recipients throughout the office. This work study program lead to ITT being able to outsource to other local companies, which then lead to me working with Hosanna Christian Academy. There I processed applications for state scholarship program, Set appointments for testing and interviews for student enrollment. Met and interacted with public and employees in situations which required tact, discretion and courtesy. Processed confidential documents. – less
If push comes to shove, otherwise pass this company up.
Recruiting Representative (Current Employee), Fort WayneSeptember 29, 2014
Cons: everythng
A decent place to work if you like constant change and not knowing who or what you will be reporting to on even given day. All management is is a puppet carrying out corporates beck and call.
decent pay. horrible leads and no chance of advancement.
Free massages while you work
Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee), Lathrop, CASeptember 23, 2014
The school was a great idea however it just didnt make it financially. Bad managers with an awesome owner. Good environment and students gave us workers free massages from time to time. Co-workers were smart and met some wonderful people there. No longer in business as a massage school and parlor.
Internship
Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Torrance, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: it was part time and no pay
I typical day at work would be to file papers, schedule appointments, and type memos. I learned how to work in an office environment.
It's fun to tutor
Graphics Tutor (Former Employee), Albany, NYSeptember 18, 2014
I would show up early, around 8am. I would sign into the student multimedia lounge and wait for students to ask for help. I would help them on the spot if they needed it, but most of the time I would schedule them into a time slot. When there was a lab-class I would assist the teacher with helping the students with anything that they needed. The teachers – more... I worked with were pretty cool. They all had a similar passion for design that I had. I helped myself to coffee anytime I had the chance to sneak into the staff lounge, and had a lot of down-time where I spent honing my skills as a graphic designer. The hardest part of my job only came once a semester, at the end the students would come crying to me that they have a project to do and they didn't even give it any-thought... that's when I would collaborate with them on what they should do for the project and taught them the fundamentals they would need to complete the project. As far as the staff was concerned the other tutors were cool, so were the teachers... but the sales staff, who were selling the financing like crack dealers, were usually first class citizens in their own mind... most of the time they would act snarky and say things like "Why do we have to share a lounge with them."... This didn't bug me much, but it didn't make me feel any more welcome. – less
Good experience at ITT.
Program Advisory Committee Member (Current Employee), Norwood, MASeptember 17, 2014
Not applicable. I am only involved at ITT once or twice a year.
At ease, but was a rollercoaster.
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: being with people who understand you, was always there to help
Cons: didn't get enough hours at times
When working at ITT Tech, it was more of a 'get your foot in the door' kind of job. I learned a lot of things. Whether it was inventory, assisting teachers or the secretary at our school. I was very well loved, never had any problems. I was let go because they wanted me to get into a better paying job because they felt I can do something much greater – more... than being a federal work study student. – less
Great to share experiences with students
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), OnlineSeptember 15, 2014
Ability to share project management skills with students in an online format
Good place with good people to learn.
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2014
A good place to have get my feet into a work environment. a typical day was spent dealing with various tasks as efficiently as possible. I learned many office environment procedures along with increasing my ability to work faster and think faster "on the job". Management was always supportive and helped me out to do better at my job and overall as a – more... worker. My co-workers got along with me and we all "had a blast" working with one another. The hardest part of the job was the un-even schedule. Sometimes I would work odd hours and so I got out of a routine every now and then. The most enjoyable part was learning from the people around me which added to my repertoire. – less
Higher Education
Program Chair (Former Employee), Webster, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: give back to the community
Cons: worklife balance
The school provided higher education opportunities to customers. The atmosphere was always positive and allowed the customers a great opportunity for learning.
Solid workplace
Financial Aid Coordinator (Current Employee), Wilmington, MASeptember 11, 2014
The hours aren't ideal (evenings and Saturdays necessary), but the pay is adequate, the benefits are okay.

About ITT Technical Institute

The ITT Technical Institutes are a leading private college system focused on technology-oriented programs of study. There are – Read more

ITT Technical Institute Photos