ITT Technical Institute

ITT Technical Institute Employer Reviews

Very rewarding Job
District System Support Technician Lead (Current Employee), Murray, UTFebruary 25, 2015
I have grown as an IT professional in my position with this company. Helping students with their issues and see them grow as they learn has been very rewarding for me
Comany review
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Cary, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: training
Cons: non flexible schedule/hours
Challenging work environment, great training opportunities, interaction with students and faculty, good benefits package.
Changing lives thru education is very rewarding. With proper marketing the job can be less stressful.
Admissions/Recruiter (Current Employee), Desoto, TexasFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: enrollment
Cons: not having the necessary tools to enroll
A typical day at work is working diligently to meet your daily quota of 90 calls, striving to apply at least 2 students per week and conducting interviews with at least10 students per week.

I have learned that it is at times a very difficult task when you do not have the necessary tools to do the job effectively, therefore your quota cannot be met.

My co-workers are great, quite stressed and this is a revolving door. Employees do not remain in this job very long from what I personnaly have witnessed due to the stressful environment and work schedules.

The hardest part of the job is not having a good call list, or leads and having to call the same people over and over again without producing much results.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you can enroll a student, knowing that you are helping to change a life and attend graduation and see your student graduate.
doesn't take very good care of it's own
Assistant Network Administrator (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: offered exemplary education
Cons: schools they are not accredited and credits dont transfer
took 10 years for them to look after alumni especially when looking for work I question the CEOs ethics I would love to work for them though I miss the environment outsourcing of jobs to students from accredited schools although they are not accredited and credits don't transfer
Easy Environment
Work Study Intern (Current Employee), N Charleston, SCFebruary 19, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company and attending school here. The people treat you with respect which makes it easy to come to work everyday.
School of Criminal Justice
Work Study Program/ Teacher Aide (Former Employee), Henderson, NVFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great administration, . easy to learn
Cons: horrible filing system
While working for ITT I would basically be an assistant to the administrator assistant, also a student aid, and tutor. I would work with confidential information. I would have access to their computer system and write/print/copy out any information required of me. As a student aid I would help the teacher with whatever they needed, and as a tutor I would have a small class to show other students how to do the work that was assigned. To ensure that they were learning, and not having me do all their work, I would give example problems. And if they still were having issues I would write the equation on the board and have then stand up and solve the problem with me. The only thing that was hard about this job was choosing the days I would come in. I enjoyed doing all of my work, as I was able to work with everyone I was able to learn different parts of their system, both computer and files.
Glad it is over.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Clovis, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: helping people begin thier education
Cons: management didn't know how to lead by example.
Had to make calls to potential students daily on leads that we received. The leads usually were for people that were applying for jobs. We had to call each number 4 times a day for 5 days straight. Job was easy but the recruiting tactics were ridiculous. Co-workers were awesome but the management didn't know what they were doing. Asked for a lot but they did very little.
Positive Educational Environment
ADJUNCT FACULTY, SCHOOL OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (Current Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 17, 2015
The staff are committed to student achievement and demonstrate that through their nurturing and supportive faculty and administrators.
Productive and great learning environment
Student Support Technician Intern (Current Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: blue jean friday
Cons: not paid
I started off as a Student in September 2012 in the Associate in Science degree for Network Systems Administration. In my tenure here I have flourished through the courses while vividly obtaining the knowledge to help me take it to the next level. In May of 2014 I have started working as a Student Support Technician. My duties are to configure the wireless to work for the student issued laptops. I have learned a lot for my experiences because you have to keep an open mind when working with other people property. My co-workers are easy to get along with and they do don't mind lending a helping hand when reaching out. The hardest part of my job is working with rude or inconsiderate people. The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to help others and seeing their gratitude.
Productive Work Environment
Director of Finance (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 17, 2015
We are a team and work together to help students pursue their dream of education.
Customer Service and a positive environment are very important in this job.
Great potential in employees
Educational Recruiter (Former Employee), Aurora, COFebruary 16, 2015
Typical day at work consisted of calling potential students, scheduling school tours, conducting tours, and enroll students into a program to meet their needs.
Don't work there
Systems Support Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: all bad
Overworked and under-appreciated. One IT Technician to support each campus. Labs always down. Lousy benefits and compensation.
Good environment
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 14, 2015
Excellent work environment and good technical support. I really love work with them. It was a good experience and help me to improve my personal and professional performance
Professional and great student service
Receptionist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2015
 Served as first contact for students and potential students, assisted with any questions or academic interests
 Complete reports and spreadsheets (70 WPM)
Would not recommend ITT Technical Institute
Full-Time Student (Current Employee), Waco, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: offers education opportunity for the local job market.
Cons: lack of proper equipment and training material.
Due to the campus being relatively new they were not equipped to provide the level of education as advertised. They made numerous promises they were not able to keep.
Unstable Leadership
Professor of Psychology, Adjunct (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 9, 2015
The lack of consistent and meaningful leadership here has created an distrust between the students and the staff. The staff and the leadership. I was able to see this immediately. Then when my direct boss was terminated everything went down hill even more. It's a shame... very good potential here.
Great education
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2015
My work here was strictly to continue my education and this is a great educational product. The overall compensation with this organization is lacking and the medical insurance plan is subpar. Promotion opportunities are suspect at best.
Academic setting, Structured classes, diversity of students
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: working with students
Cons: dealing with outdated policies
Arrived early at Adjunct Office, review all emails, messages, review lesson for the day. Went to classroom, set up computer programming for that course, usually Power point. Greet students, interact with students.

Give a synopsis of what was to be covered.
Asked if there were any questions about the material assigned prior to this class. Asked if there was anything they would like to discuss relevant to the subject matter covered.

Get into some type of learning game-competition between different sections of the class. Repeat various key points, why they were important to Criminal Justice, constitutional Law, etc.

Questions about class.
Assignment of homework and practical projects.

Discussion and release of class on schedule.

I learned different teaching techniques to get through to different levels of students. The hardest part was earning their trust and showing them you were there to help them succeed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was watching young and old eager to learn, to advance themselves, seeing the difference at the end of each course. The mental maturing of the student.

Needed more creativity, transparency, and support of instructors.
Work Study
Tutor/ Technial Assistant (Former Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: working on students' laptops
Cons: the workstudy has to end
Doing whatever the Dean of Students tells you to do. I have learned to utilized my time wisely. Management was very precise. My co-workers were very cooperative and helpful. The hardest part of my job was leaving it, when the workstudy was over. Being able to get my homework done during work.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at work is structured
what I learned is the day to day prospecting and speaking with different people on a daily basis
Management is a bit structured
The hardest part of the job is getting people to show up for their campus visit appointments.

The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting a prospective student who is committed in pursuing his or her education through the admission process and starting the first day of school

Pros:
Flexible working hours
Fun workplace

Cons:
Healthcare coverage stinks
No room for advancement

About ITT Technical Institute

The ITT Technical Institutes are a leading private college system focused on technology-oriented programs of study. There are – Read more

ITT Technical Institute Photos