ITT Technical Institute

ITT Technical Institute Employer Reviews

Traditional For-Profit
Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 16, 2014
Valued the training of the corporate atmosphere but the job was tremendously based on sales. The cost of education was $50,000 for an associates degree that could not transfer credits to public colleges and universities. So, recruiting students was solely based on matching the campus goals.
ITT Circus of Interesting Fun
Dean of Academic Affairs (Former Employee), Arnold, MODecember 10, 2014
Working in a school every day is a new adventure. I enjoyed my time at ITT working with both staff and students. In general I think you will find the on site staff nothing less than GREAT.
Career Services Specialist
Career Services Specialist (Former Employee), Orange, CADecember 8, 2014
Very fulfilling, helping students get into their careers.
The work was rewarding and the material was current. The salaries were appropriate for the work performed
Education Supervisor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 4, 2014
Pros: the opportunity to prepare people for work is provided by itt tech
Cons: some students were not prepared for the level of instruction causing the classes to falter.
ITT Tech is a great Idea for students as well as the employees. The equipment we used was current and time allowed to teach the students purpose and functioning of it was adequate.
see resume
Financial Aid Administrator (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 3, 2014
Review and process student’s accounts, financial applications and disclosure statements for completeness and accuracy. appropriate tracking system for timely processing, funding, billing and collections. Follow up and maintain file intake completion
throughout the enrollment process. Proficient in Title IV funds, verification, C codes and eligibility criteria. Provide customer and answer student’s inquiries regarding financial status on a daily basis. Conduct preliminary financing interview with new and provide them with accurate information regarding application process, loan counseling and their eligibility for State/Federal
financial assistance, alternative financing contracts and/or institutional payment plan.
Great work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 2, 2014
The actual Teaching is fulfilling but the pay could be better. Th curriculum is extensive and can be a little limiting but in my experience the freedom of the teachers allows us to really engage our students and prepare them for the real job market.
It was a very relaxing enviroment.
Adjunct Professor of World Cultures (part-time) (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: the job was a new experrience.
I enjoyed teaching on the college level.The students were self motivated and enjoyed the daily lessons. I really enjoyed seeing students graduate and entering the workforce. Also, I enjoyed learning from the more experienced instructors.
Fun enviroment with the opportunity to grow
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 1, 2014
This type of job requires a lot of self motivation, and assertiveness, have to be product knowledgeable.
Good Experience
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Troy, MIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: help changing peoples lives, education assistance after 1 year.
Cons: management issues, turnover rate of employees, qaulity of leads
A typical day at ITT consists of cold calling potential students and making appointments with them as soon as possible. There were times where I marketed outside of ITT Tech and really enjoyed that portion. My co-workers were great but the overall ambiance of the marketing department was negative. People had poor attitudes and often left after a short period of time. The hardest part of the job is getting commitment for the appointment set. The show rate was very low and it seemed that students were online looking for a job not education at ITT Tech. I enjoyed the instructors and my co-workers the most. They're great people who inspired me to do great things.
Master Instructor for Business / General Education (Current Employee), Lathrop, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: lots of trainig opprotunities
I enjoy working at ITT Technical institute instructors and leadership have constant communication. lots of interaction between departments.

Instructors are constantly providing guidance to student's on assignments and projects,
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see your students walk across the stage on graduation day.
Rewarding career.
Director of Recruitment (Former Employee), Lexington, KYNovember 21, 2014
Education environment provides youth the opportunity to help people. Meet with people and help to see if education will help them in their quest for employment, career, and upward mobility. Work is constant and you are helping them to succeed.
Best job I've ever had...
CDD Program Chair (Current Employee), Springfield, ILNovember 19, 2014
The school is legitimately looking to forward anyone's skills in technical areas.
Fulfilling Enviroment
Student Helper (Current Employee), Springfield ILNovember 19, 2014
Pros: knowing i am helping others
Cons: no cons
I worked as a student worker over the past year I have grown as an individual. I work hands on daily assisting students with their coursework. The people I work with daily are people who I plan to stay in contact with even after the job ends.
great people
Intern (Former Employee), n/aNovember 18, 2014
Pros: hard classes
Cons: literature is to structured
a great place to get your education .Hands on classroom activities are a great to learn and helping you to understand the future in the computer field.
Good environment to help individuals reach their educational goals
Academic Affairs Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lathrop, CANovember 15, 2014
The Lathrop ITT Tech campus is an exceptional place for students to learn. The staff on campus all work together to help each student to reach their educational goal. The strive to ensure each student an excellent experience from the moment they walk through the door as a perspective student, until they walk across the stage and receive their diploma.
Productive work environment where we are changing the lives of prospective students
EDUCATIONAL RECRUITER / ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Carmel, INNovember 15, 2014
Provided guidance to students through the enrollment process.
Met and exceeded quarterly metric goals, ensured appropriate documentation was received and processed in a timely manner, coordinated enrollments for students, assisted students with navigating through the application process.
Spoke with potential students on the phone in a call center environment and provided information about the school and the potential benefits of pursuing their education.
Business Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: attendance issues
Great people to work with. They take care of the adjuncts even though we are part time.
Positive work environment with questionable future
Admissions Representative/Recruiter (Current Employee), Oxnard, CANovember 13, 2014
Pros: wonderful staff
Cons: lack of job security
It's unnerving for a job that requires sales-based numbers when the campus in and of itself is shrinking to hardly anything. There isn't a large enough student base for this company to run smoothly and to secure the position of an admissions representative.
Great learning experience
Student (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILNovember 12, 2014
Pros: educational classes
Cons: excelerated courses
Classes were small so personal attention was available and class teamwork on projects was expected.
Employment Oppertunity
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: another experience to show on a resume.
Cons: the hours are short mot like at a full time job.
There is not much to tell you as a student aid. I am helping other students who are now taking classes I already graduated from. The benefits are not really there for me cause I am working less than part time hours per week. It is like being a bigger brother to these students and helping them with their lab work.

About ITT Technical Institute

The ITT Technical Institutes are a leading private college system focused on technology-oriented programs of study. There are – Read more

ITT Technical Institute Photos