Founded in 1903, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 150 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, ITW has decentralized businesses in 58 countries that employ approximately 51,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 10,000 active global patents and patent applications.
Our medical division, ITW Medical Products, specializes in the manufacture of disposable medical syringes, tubing, fluid management products, filters and flow control devices. ITW Medical Products is a division comprised of two strong medical product brands, Coeur and Filtertek, situated to proactively meet the needs of customers in the marketplace. The Filtertek brand is a global manufacturer of custom plastic inserts, molded filtration, and flow control components for OEM Medical Device customers. Coeur brand is a leading provider of disposable medical products used in diagnostic imaging and other medical procedures. Major medical markets served include: IV Administration, Blood Administration, Laboratory, Diagnostic Imaging, and Interventional Radiology. Sales are approximately 90 million annually. Manufacturing Operations are located in Hebron, IL, Elk Grove Village, IL, Washington, NC, Sheboygan, WI, New Castle West, Ireland, and Juarez & Saltillo, Mexico.
Our Elk Grove Village location has an immediate opening for a 3rd shift Automation Technician. Hours are 11:30 PM to 7:30 AM
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup of automation for presses or assembly machines, wiring and interfacing.
- Set up and debug new automation as needed. Make samples for new items/customers.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair various assembly, automation and mold equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and fill out relevant paperwork. Cross train with molding technicians for mold machine maintenance.
- Check and adjust parameters during changeovers and note changes for update.
- Clean automation equipment and areas.
- Replace worn equipment. Design and fabricate small fixtures for equipment.
- Look for methods of improving efficiency and ensure quality standards, as an individual and part of a team.
- Assist QA with finding and implementing corrective actions from customer rejections.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts and write order requests for replenishment.
- Maintain daily log books for each piece of equipment. Document equipment specifications.
- Communicate with other shifts, operators, and technicians to give and receive updates on equipment status.
- Assist with training new operators.
- Assist with making sure supplies and materials are ready for the shift.
- Assist mold techs with emptying runners, mold set ups, and setting up new cell production lines.
- Support production with an on call status, authorized for a rotating scheduled overtime on weekends.
- HS/GED or Vocational Degree and 4-5 years of experience in a mechanical/robotics setting.
- Working knowledge of robotics, pneumatics, hydraulics and electric systems; sonic welding and injection molding.
- Experience with tool and die (maintenance and repair) highly preferred
- Must possess good communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, excellent visual skills for accessing functionality of equipment, above basic mathematical skills and reasoning ability.
- Able to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of OSHA Requirements to include Electrical Safety, Machine Guarding, and Authorized Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
- Basic working knowledge of computer software, email, excel, word and internet.
- Possess strong work ethic, is a self starter, has good attendance and works successfully in team settings.
- Possess dexterity and flexibility to allow for work around various machines that require crawling, kneeling, reaching, bending and standing. Must be able to stand for a full shift (8 hours).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds sporadically.
- Experience with operating fork lift.
ITW offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance coverage the first of the month following hire. Immediate 401k matching. Paid vacation and holidays.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply to posting that you require assistance.
Celebrating 100 years of history, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers...