Founded in 1903, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 150 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, ITW has decentralized businesses in 58 countries that employ approximately 51,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 10,000 active global patents and patent applications.
Our medical division, ITW Medical Products, specializes in the manufacture of disposable medical syringes, tubing, fluid management products, filters and flow control devices. ITW Medical Products is a division comprised of two strong medical product brands, Coeur and Filtertek, situated to proactively meet the needs of customers in the marketplace. The Filtertek brand is a global manufacturer of custom plastic inserts, molded filtration, and flow control components for OEM Medical Device customers. Coeur brand is a leading provider of disposable medical products used in diagnostic imaging and other medical procedures. Major medical markets served include: IV Administration, Blood Administration, Laboratory, Diagnostic Imaging, and Interventional Radiology. Sales are approximately 90 million annually. Manufacturing Operations are located in Hebron, IL, Elk Grove Village, IL, Washington, NC, Sheboygan, WI, New Castle West, Ireland, and Juarez & Saltillo, Mexico.
Our Washington, North Carolina facility has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Engineer. * This position reports directly to the Plant Manager and is responsible for managing plant-related engineering functions and personnel for the Washington, NC facility.
- Drive cost reductions and efficiency improvements in all manufacturing processes through the use of Lean and Six Sigma principles along with the ITW toolbox.
- Assist in the selection and implementation of new equipment & automation.
- Manage implementation of capital projects.
- Facilitate validations and qualifications (IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Develop specifications and related documentation for products and processes.
- Troubleshoot processes which are prone to be frequent or major production problems.
- Collaborate with production to develop work standards and training plans for best practices.
- Manage Mattec process-monitoring system.
- Prepare charts/data as appropriate for meetings and updates.
- Manage the Change Control system at the plant level
- Provide Technical support for production and maintenance.
- Offer input for areas for improvement in products, processes and procedures.
- Support Management with special testing/projects.
- 4-year engineering or related degree
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, adhering to strict deadlines and commitments.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and apply principles or logical scientific thinking to address a wide range of intellectual and practical issues.
- Ability to effectively present information (orally and in writing) to top management, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to correspond with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and theory such as geometry, statistics, algebra, calculus, and differential equations to address engineering issues.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience using personal computer and project management, standard spreadsheet and word processing software packages required.
- Experience with statistical software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee occasionally is required to reach with hands and arms; and frequently talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ITW offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical, Metlife Dental, health care flexible spending and life insurance the first of the month following hire date. 401k matching and 11 paid holidays are available immediately upon hire. Additional retirement savings plan available after one year at no cost to the employee. Other benefits include tuition refund, scholarships for children of ITW employees, 3 for 1 matching charitable gift programs, adoption assistance and paid vacation time.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply to this posting that you require assistance.