IAC Employee Reviews

Providing Full Life Cycle Recruitment and Human Resources Administration Daily...
Human Resources Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 9, 2012
• Daily Account Management and Full Life Cycle Recruitment support via cleared technical and intelligence requirements – CONUS and OCONUS locations, credibly building a strong pipeline of cleared talent. The recruiting process starts with communication with the hiring leader in requirement building to the candidate’s physical start date. Understanding from requirement in gathering information from hiring leader to time line to staff; initiating creative marketing techniques to market to candidates; reviewing reactive talent via self-nomination; posting to as many locations that will permit; sourcing, procuring; screening; validating clearances; conducting background investigations; and closing the candidate by lastly supporting negotiation in compensation. I extend contingent to firm offers of employment and continuously follow up with each candidate presented an offer as a top priority in communication for effective retention.
• Continuously networking a cleared pipeline of various skill sets to Corporate, Cyber Security and Technical skills via passive and active talent in which I energetically look to procure and close candidates daily to an acceptance.
• Recruiting Leader overseeing all venues of each account and respective customer aligned customer and communicate every day on each qualified submissions presented to interview confirmation. I take the lead in supporting kick off meetings with the business development team identifying upcoming IDIQ/Proposal Tasks and communicate capabilities of what recruiting will support on each tasks.
• IN ADDITION, I am a creative resource
  more... tool initiator, employee advocate, job fair event planner, Human Resources process and policy communicator and an awesome teammate to collaborate with daily.  less
Pros
absolutely appreciate the strong passion i have to assist all employees on specific matters, issues and concerns to a positive resolution.
Cons
i never take a lunch break...been trying to work on that for years. ;o)
Fast Paced Working environment with long hard working hours
OPS Director, Pers. Exec Assist to CEO (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2012
Typical day would start with general staff meeting and planning of day's events at which I would take minutes in order to later discuss with CEO. Once minutes transcribed, discussed with CEO and went on with her Agenda and daily personal needs, before screening and distributing incoming correspondence
Management and co-workers worked as one to facilitate and expedite job functions
Hardest part of the job was juggling personal life & career life so both would work smoothly (which I was able to achieve)
The most enjoyable part was the diversity of responsibilities providing for growth in both the personal & professional aspect
Pros
free lunches, client & management continued interaction, committed public relations agency where clientsand staff interacted as one
Cons
long hard working ours - knew when coming in but never when leaving for the day
good
Machine Operator/Packer (Current Employee) –  Strasburg, VAFebruary 4, 2015
I always get to work early. When I go to my work station ,I turn on my machines set up my tools. I check the lines to see what they need. then I get rolling.
management: some of them don't have a clue , I've learned to say yes sir no sir and be respectful. That's all you can do.
You learn to work smarter not harder. I'm always thinking
My coworkers : some of them are fine some are like children
hardest part : is getting my partner to get back from breaks on time.
most enjoyable : is when my partner is raring to go and then we can kick butt. I love numbers the more production I can get done , the better I feel.
Pros
i dont have anyone standing over me telling me what to do
Cons
it's hard to stay on top of things, when the company keeps letting you run out of material
hope you don't enjoy your life
carpet assembly (Current Employee) –  FremontJuly 30, 2014
It's constant overtime. And working second means you have absolutely no life. Im pregnant and they wouldn't let me have a day off to schedule an ultrasound and testing. I had to take points. There's a lot of favouritism here. And while some employees get away with leaving for break early other employees get written up if they're a minute late from break. It's a lot of give for semi good pay but once u hit 13$ u never get a raise again. I know someone I work with he's been here 40 years and he only makes 13.50
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
forced over time during week and forced weekends no days off ever unless there a year
Interesting place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Old Fort, NCMarch 9, 2015
My typical day was never routine. What I thought would happen usually never did. That's what I liked about my job. There was always something going on that I hadn't anticipated and kept things from getting boring. I learned so much there and will always be thankful for that. I had a schedule of how I would do my job but I learned quickly that I had to be able to go with the flow. The management needed more structure and what would work one day didn't the next. Thats one thing I didn't like about working there. And if you weren't in the "click" then things were different for you. My coworkers were great (most of them). I just feel like some people aren't cut out for management positions.
Pros
learned new skills
Cons
better management
productive, easy
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Wauseon, OHOctober 23, 2015
The work is easy but fast paced. Pay and benefits are excellent. Some workers were easy to get along with. Some were slackers to which supervisors would ask me catch their work up which caused me to double or triple my pace because the slackers would get mad and slack off even more. During our interviews we were told not to make plans for a life outside of work, and they meant it... There was so much overtime to which there was very little to spend with family. This causes the company a lot of turnover due to people being over worked & over exhausted, some people ended up with family problems due to lack of time they could spend with their families. production areas were kept very clean.
Not what I was expecting
Finishing Operator (Current Employee) –  Alma, MIDecember 27, 2015
I assemble the plastic parts that make the interior of many different car brands. What I was told and what I have experienced at IAC have been very different and very confusing. I have learned many new programs and machinery operations, as well as how unions work. The management needs some work and that is all I wish to say on the matter. My coworkers are splendid and help me get through a day at IAC. The hardest part of the job is working seven days a week and many times those days are twelve hour days. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a completed part with my id number in a car that is driving down the road.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Management, long hours, no time off.
Good place to work if you do not have a family my buliding is on 7days no rotation
Supervisor-Terrance Witherspoon (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 19, 2014
Go into your meeting find out what parts are needed and how many before the trunk comes. Get your paperwork together make sure you have the parts needed to run the job. Print out and scan your lables. When the part reach me I make sure all the popouts are out sit inside a fixture to make sure it is cut properly if everything meets qualitiy I start detailing the part a finished part then gets a lable and then packed into a container supervisor comes along and does last inspection before the product is shipped.

Remember:
Safety
Quality
Production
Attendance
Pros
i have a job
Cons
7 days a weeks with no rotation
Productive and fun workplace.
TEAM LEADER, FORKLIFT OPERATOR, & MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 5, 2014
A typical day at work consist of, going in to your assigned work department unless there's a mandatory meeting which was held once a week in the conference room. I've learned to be a leader and how to manage a large group of workers. It also taught me how to be a hard worker and to perfect my skills. The hardest part of the job would have to be getting people to show up and reach the production mark during certain holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job was training our employees and watch them go out in their field and do their job above satisfaction.
Pros
benefits and overtime
Cons
the weather
Stable employment for the most part, layoffs were seldom.
Machine Operator, Lear (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INFebruary 18, 2015
I worked for an interior automotive parts company. I learned how to assemble different parts to cars, including how to make the interior of a car door, and how to set up machines to change a work order. I learned to work with a group and by myself. The hardest part of the job was when production numbers were high and overtime was frequent. The most enjoyable was knowing that I was able to make an item that people would purchase as part of a consolidation of other parts that made up a vehicle people would enjoy.
Pros
excellent pay, ability to be recalled after layoff and health benefits.
Cons
the auto industry can be volitile and unsteady.
met some really nice people who i enjoyed working with
Flex Temp (Current Employee) –  Huron, OHJuly 6, 2014
enjoyed working there not the best supervisor however we worked independently in our dept. i learned to use machines that put in clips, ran a laser, used a welder, did some assembly and did the scan and wrap of final product. the down side was as a temp you did a lot of bouncing around and didnt get benefits, you are the first to get laid off
Pros
was a full time position and had lots of opportunity for overtime
Cons
short breaks when on 3rd shift, as a temp you would be forced to work over
exellent work place with cookouts during the summer
Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 3, 2015
this is a great Company to work for was employed with them from 07 to 2015 ,my position was eliminated.
a typical day a work would consist of getting a job folder and building whatever the request was.
I learned to be patient and proficient to get the job right the first time
got along with all my Managers
all my co-workers were excellent and easy to get along with everyone worked together to get the job done, would recommend this company to anyone.
the hardest part was loosing my job.
I loved going to work everyday and tackle the whatever was presented to me.
I will miss everyone there.
Claims Processing and Adjusting
Claims Processor/Team Lead, Pilot Catastrophe (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 22, 2013
Looking for an establishment that offers benefits along with security. Due to the vast fluctuation in claim volume, neither of the two are offered.
The employees are the asset. Over the last 5 years of my employment with Pilot, I've grown to love my employee base. Days are long and demanding. 7a-7p, 7 days a week can be quite tarring on your physical body and your home.
Overall, I enjoy my career path with Pilot.
Pros
great people
Cons
long mandated work days, no benefits offered
I enjoyed the job, but it was a temporary position, never knowing what day was the last.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 27, 2013
~ Executed daily operations of inspecting and sorting parts. (Plastics; injection molding)· ~ Examined parts to determine quality of finish and to detect visible flaws such as scratches, dents, and deformations.
~ Successfully manage a 5 to 15 person team through process of sorting, organizing, and repairing rejected and repairable parts.
~ Record detailed data onto work logs daily verifying the amount of parts rejected, inspected and the repairs made with every defected part.
Finish Operator (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAAugust 20, 2013
Ran a machine to make glove compartments for cars. learned a lot about putting together different auto parts and where they go in a vehicle. The management was hard and well organized. The co-workers were great and fun to work with. I believe my hardest thing of the job was when it was hot out it was so hot in the work area. My most enjoyable part of the job was working with the my co-workers.
Pros
easy work, breaks were good
Cons
not challenging, lots of down time standing for very long periods of time
Good job, awful hours
Operator (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INAugust 25, 2012
The job and pay itself was pretty well. The benefits were great! The culture was okay. The only reason why I quit was the amount of time I was required to spend there. Attending classes full-time online and working on third shift 50-70 hours a week was just awful. If you don't have a family or life, then this job is for you. The work isn't hard once you learn it. The hardest part was all the hours it kept you from doing other things.
Pros
benefits, pay.
Cons
overtime
Working at IAC
Operator/Water Spider (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, INSeptember 17, 2015
Good people who like working together to get a job done. Management treats people nice and gives them positive feedback on a job well done. The most enjoyable part is when we have on time shipping demands and management knows you can be relied upon. I do different things on a daily basis, just whatever they need me for to get jobs done on time and correct.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Hot and humid, hard to breathe
My experiance may not be your experiance!
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALApril 12, 2013
This job is ok, just to make some quick money, not a career job. What I really didn't like was the last min. overtime. You can be on your way out the door and they (supervisor) would say we need you to stay late (4hr), and if you don't you get a point, as if you have no life.
Pros
they have three shift to choose from.
Cons
high turn over, no job security
Its a fun place to work
Press operator (Current Employee) –  Alma, MIFebruary 22, 2015
The typical day is just go in and do my work then go home The management can do alot better learn how to treat us ops better they have to remember they wouldnt have a job if it wasnt for us the ones that are working our butts off to make car parts I like my co workers they are nice
Pros
nice christmas dinners nice co workers easy work
Cons
short lunches
Fun and productive workplace with great people to work with.
Molding Operator (Current Employee) –  Alma, MIJuly 20, 2012
A rather nice place to work, with even greater people to work with. There is not a moment I dont like working at IAC when i know that I will be working with so many people, in management and as operators, to work with. It makes every hour at work bearable and enjoyable.
Pros
people, overtime, having a job, security
Cons
heat, point system, waiting period for the union