IAP WorldWide Services

IAP WorldWide Services Employee Reviews

Security Monitor/Lead
Logistics Specialist/Property Manager (Former Employee), Shindand Airbase, AfghanistanJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Consistent employment
Cons: distance from site to dinining facility
My day to day operations were to ensure that my team of 12 to 15 Monitors were at their respective sites to provide Monitored security to all local nationals that came aboard U.S. Military installation to perform construction/de-construction to project sites. After working with local Nationals in Afghanistan allowed me to appreciate the smaller things in life that us Americans have. The hardest part about the job was dealing with elements during the cold and hot seasons but working with local nationals allowed us to adapt quite quickly. After getting all employees to respective sites, performed daily, weekly, and monthly inventory checks on company supplies and assets.
The Worse Site Managers & Supervisors
Fuels Technican (Former Employee), Bagram, AfghanistanJune 24, 2015
Pros: Meals & Lodging included
Cons: Managers/Supervisors with NO Leadership Skills or Abilities
Worked for this company in Afghanistan....they hire folks that are totally not qualified for the positions but hire friends or friends with benefits. Every person in the leadership roles at Bagram are incompetent and lack the skills necessary to properly lead or take care of their workers. They pawn their own duties on to the workers with excuses that they have "Manager things to take care off". But instead you find them surfing the web, playing pool or dominos, hanging out in the USO, making daily PX runs or just sleeping in the office. It is taught during Orientation that if you have or find a safety related problem to stop and/or report it to the Ethics HOTLINE. Don't!!! I reported (Anonymously) an unsafe and potential incident that I expected to be properly investigated but instead it was COVERED UP and closed. After that the two folks who were witness to the original unsafe incident were in turn reported to the Ethics line by the people involved on drummed up charges and immediately moved and eventually terminated. As far as the company....they get you overseas with good sign on bonuses and then when the contract is renewed they not only drop the pay considerably but take away all the other perks...ie: paid holidays, bonuses, etc. .....and then tell you "If you don't like the new contract, there is the F-ing door!!!!" Most of my co-workers were awesome just those few bad apples who are lazy and lie to get folks removed.
Upper management failed at connecting with the employees.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Silver Spring MDJune 2, 2015
Employees were treated as tools just there to complete task as assigned not to think outside the box. The local mgmt. team was profit driven people last
Fun place to work
File Clerk (Former Employee), Cape Canaveral, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: We had to work a lot of overtime during tax season
IAP was a company that had a contract with IRS so I worked at the same company along with the same employees at the IRS. My position was the same position file clerk, so it was good to work there
What I learned
Site Maintenance Supervisor & Technician (Former Employee), FloridaMarch 1, 2015
Cons: short or no lunch and no 401k
Not one of the best Defense Contractors to Work for no 401k, they have one but you put your own funds they do not match ! Health care is expensive when you cover your family members.
Working in the Desert can be Fun
Lead Chef and Senior Logistics Manager- Iraq (Former Employee), Cape Canavel, FlJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: free travel, room and board has its perks
Cons: bed and breakfast is a luxury
I worked from 60-70 hours per week. I learned to truly trust and depend on my co-workers. Being in management, helped me to become a better listener and to be more compassionate. The hardest part of the job was leaving my co-workers and the Iraqi guys that I had become friends with. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping to defend my country and watching how my work was impacting our commitment to freedom.
Traveled Overseas
Lead Construction QC / Security Escort (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: no benefits
Loved working with all nationality and supply the daily work log for construction that was to be completed that day.
Traveled Overseas
Pros: travel
Cons: no benefits
Range Control
Range Operations Specialist and Laborer (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: n/a
very challenging position. While working at IAP I had many opportunities to advance.
Productive workplace
Lodging Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Panama City, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: get to meet new people everyday
Cons: having to deal with a lot of soldiers at once could be stressful
A typical day of work would consist of housing over 1000 military soldiers on a transient base. Putting them in/out of housing software.
fun work environment
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Panama City, FLJuly 9, 2014
Fun work environment, good pay, overseas travel. Management can be one sided at times.
Great company to work with.
Lead Operator (Current Employee), Camp Leatherneck, AfghanistanJuly 8, 2014
Pros: health benefits, one hour lunch break, salary is great.
With my 6 years experience with IAP World Wide Services, I've had a great time. I have learnt many things through my 6 years. How to build up a power plant from nothing. I have learnt how to communicate with people from all over the world. I have learnt on how to handle situations and how to solve problems. I have learnt a lot about office work and sending different reports. Everyone that I have work with has been great to work with, we have worked close together, and we have worked together like a team. The management at IAP are fantastic, they do their best with everything. I have enjoyed everyday working with IAP World Wide Services.
Corporate environment in company undergoing changes
Accountant III (Current Employee), Cape Canaveral, FLJune 28, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule; job stability
Cons: many layers of management
Learned advanced Excel skills. Enjoyed most of my co-workers. Monthly closings required extra time but the rest of the month was not usually rushed. Additional work for year-end (Audit, Book to Bill, Tax and Accounting Packages, etc...)
GOVERNMENT SERVICES CONTRACTOR
Public Works Director (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAJune 13, 2014
Pros: short term contract
Cons: location was in the mojave desert
Great place to work. This was a Government contract for maintenance and facility services.
Poor Management
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 9, 2014
Limited resources and lack of communication. During the time I was employed I never had a desk, computer or phone to use for recruiting and performing human resource task.
This is a good company to work for. I enjoyed my time there.
Executive Assistant to VP of Business Development (Former Employee), Cape Canaveral, FLMay 6, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this company and position. The only negative to this job was the daily drive time(35 minutes one way).
A results oriented and attention to detail professional with proven abilities in managing projects, and improving efficiency of operations.
IDIQ Manager (Former Employee), Moffett Field, CAApril 30, 2014
Responsible for the troubleshooting, reorganization and daily managment of an existing 11 million dollar annual IDIQ department and staff. This support comprises contingency operations and rapid response capabilities to the Nasa Ames customer needs at this location.
A job
Warehouse/Supply Technician (Former Employee), Lexington Park, MDApril 23, 2014
Worked on NAS Patuxent River, Lexington Park, MD

Learned about electric and plumbing trades working with craftsmen as a laborer.

Learned about managing sub-contracts.
Great Family work envronmeent
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 15, 2014
Pros: great for net working
Cons: contracts seem to end frequently
Are mornings usually started with a brief safety tip.From that point we all had are own sections to maintain for our government customer.on this contract i learned that team work can help alot and good leadership (dedication) really gets the job done. The hardest part of my job was packing up nd leaving at the end of the day because my co-workers nd myself had great chemistry
Walter Reed Medical Health Center
Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 31, 2014
All i can say is that i Loved working at WRMC. The people were great and working with the Wounded Warriors helping them with their administered needs gave me great joy.

1 2 3 4 5

About IAP WorldWide Services

IAP - Your Global Challenges Partner IAP is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced – Read more

IAP WorldWide Services Salaries

$35.41 per hour

IAP WorldWide Services Photos

HVAC Dept.
5 ton two stage
transformer testing and cable termination