IAP WorldWide Services Employee Reviews

Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAMarch 28, 2017
My current job as a Shuttle Driver serving Armed Servjce members is a privilege to serve those who protect our country. I work here as a government contractor with a security clearance. I have a class B license and have been driving professionally since 1988. This is a contract position and could end at any time which has me looking for other employmend.
Pros
Everyday is a Pro
Cons
All is well
Good Place to work.
Recruiter II/HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLMarch 23, 2017
My time at IAP was very pleasing. The work I did was very rewarding to me. I met a lot of people that made my job enjoyable. I would work there again. I have no complaints.
Don't stay long
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Patuxent River, MDMarch 6, 2017
I did enjoy my time with the company for the most part, the problem with my particular location was strictly management and lack of guidelines. Daily work procedures were changed every few weeks never allowing you to really get your actual work done. It also did not help that we had constant revolving door of new employees.
Pros
Pretty good pay
Cons
Bad management
Good people, Good job
Utilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 20, 2017
I worked with great people. It was a wonderful company and a great place to work. Those I worked for supported me and stood behind me. It is good to be appreciated.
Word Processor III
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Great company to work with, great people and they will fight for their employees. Always check on their employees, we have meeting every month with prices for employees. they valued their employeees and treated them with respect. But good things don't stay long. I missed my people and team staff.
Great experience and opportunity to travel
FIREFIGHTER & EMT (Former Employee) –  Deveselu RomaniaJanuary 7, 2017
At this Fire Department we were responsible for the base and its occupants. We did preventive maintenance, and training. My co workers were very motivated and hard working. The hardest part of this job was the location. Being away from family is a challenge. The most enjoyable part was also the location. I had the opportunity to travel and see new things and meet new people.
Overseas position
Logistics Officer (Current Employee) –  OCONUSOctober 29, 2016
Always exciting working at IAP. Typically overseas for three months, and home for two weeks. Its not too bad, but you do miss the family. Compensation is competitive.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Tough being away from home
Team player atmosphere
Vehicle Management & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Bagram AF, AfghanistanSeptember 13, 2016
Granted manning was short and someone hoarding all the information (job insecurity), we as a team came together to get the job done. IAP along with the Site Managers went out of their way to assist their employees when they were experiencing personal issues.
Pros
Willingness to come to the aid of fellow coworkers whenever they are stumped on an issue
Cons
Hoarding the information (Job insecurity)
I worked for IAP for 13 years.
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Patuxent River, MDAugust 23, 2016
I worked for IAP for 13 years and they laid me off. I would not recommend working for them if you want a career job. I never abused leave and always did my job. If you don't Suck up to management, you get laid off.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management sucks
Fun Job
Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAAugust 6, 2016
I really enjoyed this job, I only left for a better position otherwise I might still be there. The people I worked with were really nice.
Pros
Good Job
Cons
Not much overtime

Want to know more about IAP WorldWide Services?

Ask a question
I was a active Duty Member of the United States Air Force
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bagram AfganistainAugust 1, 2016
For this Career I enjoy so many things. Traveling meeting new people, learning so many things about Material Control, how to drive a Forklift, how to use most Material Handling Equipment, being able to travel to other countries to support the War in faraway countries knowing I'm making a difference in the world no other job gave me that satisfaction.
Pros
I was able to grow as a person and have a family
Cons
Not knowing if I was able to continue if not making rank at the right time.
Great location in Florida
Manager, Deployment Processing Center (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLJune 27, 2016
Great team and enjoyed the short time there, however, we did not win the contract we were seeking so I moved for a better opportunity.
Pruductive workplace
Reserve Component Liaison (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 2, 2016
This was a position that allowed me to transition from the military to civilian life, but also allowed me to continue working in a very productive environment.
Pros
Very healthy
Cons
Productive and fun workplace great supervisors
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCMay 15, 2016
▪ Managed procurement actions utilizing CostPoint system
▪ Review technical requirements and develop quotes or proposals to vendors
▪ Receive, reviewed quotes and, if necessary, responded to vendors
▪ Negotiated product/service to be provided, pricing, terms, delivery dates, directly with vendors
▪ Based on best value, select vendor
▪ Managed procurement actions utilizing Maximo system
▪ Prepared performance reports as required
▪ Manage the complete procurement life cycle
o review of requirements
o quote requests
o vendor negotiation
o vendor selection
o process purchase orders
o receive and inspect material
o ship material to overseas operations
o process vendor invoices
o ensure vendor payments
▪ Maintained all files to SOX compliance
Subcontract Management
▪ Reviewed requirements and developed draft subcontracts/agreements
▪ Prepared draft subcontracts/agreements and assisted final documentation preparations.
▪ Submitted draft to subcontract organization for review and comments
▪ Negotiated with subcontract organization
▪ Work with Subcontract Manager to finalize subcontracts
▪ Manage complete life cycle of subcontracts
▪ Provide subcontract/procurement status and advice as required
▪ Manage complex subcontract logs supporting more than 150 domestic and international subcontracts
Disaster Relief
▪ Procured ice and transportation
  more... during response to Hurricanes Gustav, Hannah, & Ike in 2008 in support of USACE.
▪ Responsible for vendor management, requisitioning and reports submission.
▪ Prepares procurement orders, sub contracts and coordinates delivery of commodity with suppliers
▪ Procured ice and transportation during response to Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Ophelia and Wilma in 2005 in support of USACE.
▪ Responsible for vendor management, requisitioning and reports submission.
▪ Prepares procurement orders and coordinates purchasing with suppliers.
▪ Procurement specialist at the IAP EOC during the 2006 hurricane season.
▪ Also, served as IAP EOC Operations Clerk during (2005) hurricane season.
▪ Tracked disaster relief supplies/materials and served as EOC operation clerk during 2005 hurricane season in support of USACE ICE missions
GENERAL
▪ Utilize MS Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and Acrobat 8.0
▪ STS and reports
▪ Perform other duties as assigned
I learned a lot at this job, examples: procurement, forklift operator, maximo, subcontract file management.
Management was very supportive and encouraging
Co workers were diverse and friendly
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people
Pros
Great people to work for, fast paced, learned alot
Cons
They closed the office in SC
Close Team
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMarch 21, 2016
The team in Panama City is very close-knit and family-like. There are plenty of opportunities to learn new skills or obtain experience because the office population is quite small, which means you often have to figure out another position's functions when an employee is absent.

Jobs at this location require a dedication to your work, a willingness to explore opportunities, and to be a team player.

There is some flexibility in schedules, which makes it easy to obtain a work-life balance.

The company has been a bit plagued by years of corporate changes, which has caused some uneasiness among the workforce. Existing staff have seen staff reductions of more than 50% in the past years, but the environment seems to be stabilizing.

All-in-all the review is about average because the really great moments have been equalized by the cons/instability over the past few years.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Changing Corporate Structure
extensive amount of knowledge
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 7, 2016
It was a great job, met a lot of people, learned a lot of administrative stuff.
The time sheet process was a bit tedious but otherwise ok. I had no issues. Most co-workers were military/army. The most enjoyable part of the job, was that everyone got along and patients were always friendly.
IAP Worldwide, Inc.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  1315 East-West Highway, Silver Spring, MD 20910February 25, 2016
Although I am employed by IAP, I work with NOAA. NOAA is an exceptional place to work! Management is great! IAP does not care about its employees. They are slow to respond to emails and phone calls, if they even respond.
Great Company
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GTMODecember 11, 2015
IAP is a sound and great company to work for having good benefits and worldwide opportunities. I Appreciate my tenure with them.
Pros
Vibrant work force
Cons
Contrac ran out
Good work environment, autonomous, but no potential for advancement
Program Manager & Deputy Flight Chief (Current Employee) –  MacDill AFB, FLNovember 30, 2015
It is a government contract job that I have held for 16 years. The work is steady, and my job function is highly autonomous and self driven, but it is bureaucratic with no potential for advancement. Recent change is the national health care system and their rising costs have forced me to seek part time employment to provide medical care for my family.
Pros
Autonomous, good work environment, high level of responsibility
Cons
Pay cuts, poor company bennefits package, no opportunity for advancement
exciting job
RANGE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CANovember 29, 2015
this is probably the most exciting and fulfilling position i have ever had. to be in charge of military training and safety opened my eyes to a lot of things that goes on around me everyday.
Pros
helping train our nations troops
Cons
seeing the failures

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IAP WorldWide Services. Our community is ready to answer.