IAP WorldWide Services

IAP WorldWide Services Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun workplace great supervisors
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCMay 15, 2016
▪ Managed procurement actions utilizing CostPoint system
▪ Review technical requirements and develop quotes or proposals to vendors
▪ Receive, reviewed quotes and, if necessary, responded to vendors
▪ Negotiated product/service to be provided, pricing, terms, delivery dates, directly with vendors
▪ Based on best value, select vendor
▪ Managed procurement actions utilizing Maximo system
▪ Prepared performance reports as required
▪ Manage the complete procurement life cycle
o review of requirements
o quote requests
o vendor negotiation
o vendor selection
o process purchase orders
o receive and inspect material
o ship material to overseas operations
o process vendor invoices
o ensure vendor payments
▪ Maintained all files to SOX compliance
Subcontract Management
▪ Reviewed requirements and developed draft subcontracts/agreements
▪ Prepared draft subcontracts/agreements and assisted final documentation preparations.
▪ Submitted draft to subcontract organization for review and comments
▪ Negotiated with subcontract organization
▪ Work with Subcontract Manager to finalize subcontracts
▪ Manage complete life cycle of subcontracts
▪ Provide subcontract/procurement status and advice as required
▪ Manage complex subcontract logs supporting more than 150 domestic and international subcontracts
Disaster Relief
▪ Procured ice and transportation
  more... during response to Hurricanes Gustav, Hannah, & Ike in 2008 in support of USACE.
▪ Responsible for vendor management, requisitioning and reports submission.
▪ Prepares procurement orders, sub contracts and coordinates delivery of commodity with suppliers
▪ Procured ice and transportation during response to Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Ophelia and Wilma in 2005 in support of USACE.
▪ Responsible for vendor management, requisitioning and reports submission.
▪ Prepares procurement orders and coordinates purchasing with suppliers.
▪ Procurement specialist at the IAP EOC during the 2006 hurricane season.
▪ Also, served as IAP EOC Operations Clerk during (2005) hurricane season.
▪ Tracked disaster relief supplies/materials and served as EOC operation clerk during 2005 hurricane season in support of USACE ICE missions
GENERAL
▪ Utilize MS Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and Acrobat 8.0
▪ STS and reports
▪ Perform other duties as assigned
I learned a lot at this job, examples: procurement, forklift operator, maximo, subcontract file management.
Management was very supportive and encouraging
Co workers were diverse and friendly
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people
Pros
Great people to work for, fast paced, learned alot
Cons
They closed the office in SC
Great Company
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GTMODecember 11, 2015
IAP is a sound and great company to work for having good benefits and worldwide opportunities. I Appreciate my tenure with them.
Pros
Vibrant work force
Cons
Contrac ran out
Good work environment, autonomous, but no potential for advancement
Program Manager & Deputy Flight Chief (Current Employee) –  MacDill AFB, FLNovember 30, 2015
It is a government contract job that I have held for 16 years. The work is steady, and my job function is highly autonomous and self driven, but it is bureaucratic with no potential for advancement. Recent change is the national health care system and their rising costs have forced me to seek part time employment to provide medical care for my family.
Pros
Autonomous, good work environment, high level of responsibility
Cons
Pay cuts, poor company bennefits package, no opportunity for advancement
exciting job
RANGE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CANovember 29, 2015
this is probably the most exciting and fulfilling position i have ever had. to be in charge of military training and safety opened my eyes to a lot of things that goes on around me everyday.
Pros
helping train our nations troops
Cons
seeing the failures
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLNovember 27, 2015
Fun place to work, room for growth, good salary and benefits. enjoyed the travel, the people, and the facilities I worked in.
Pros
Travel and benefits
Wouldn't trade the opportunity
Repair Cycle Technician (Former Employee) –  Bagram, AfghanistanNovember 19, 2015
Upon arrival to Bagram, it was a stressful considering the differences between the Air Force's supply systems and the Marine Corps, but with the help and collaboration of other IAP employees, it certainly made the experiences and hard work less dramatic and painful. Typical days were 12 hour shifts, which depending on the work load might feel longer than others. Some days were non-stop, all the way up to the last minute. Our management was extremely vital to the success of our mission. Within our short contract, I learned just how flexible, adaptable, and quick I could be at learning. The beginning started rough, but soon smoothed out as far as the typical job duties, with an occasional day of not-so-typical demands. Those days required the most teamwork, but in my mind, they were also the most rewarding.
Pros
Good pay, free chow, good team to work with, enhanced skill aquisition
Cons
Very repetitive work, 12 hour days, being away from home, but hey, its the contract world.
This has been a great team to work with
Operations Sr. Planner Estimator Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 20, 2015
This contract team from the bottom up have been great to work with and was a great experience. It'll be a sad day at contract end to leave here.
Great place to work.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CaliforniaOctober 14, 2015
IAP World Service is a safety oriented professional company. They strive to please their customer and allow the tradesmen to perform under a safe and supportive environment.
Best Company I've ever work
High Voltage Technician (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 2, 2015
Best company I've ever work so far, good and helpful co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of my job here is when we are doing emergency response to a customer because of the accidentally hitting of cable by a backhoe, and we are all busy doing our job to restore the power back, and i guess that was also the hardest part of our job. Safe work place and very supportive management specially in safety work.
Pros
Free meal.
Cons
We are provided with Cigna Health care.
Good working environment overseas
Site Manager /Logistics Officer (Current Employee) –  OverseasSeptember 8, 2015
Working with other skilled co workers, we work closely with the Client to manage inventory control in an active hazard zone.
Pros
Great benefits, and strong team communications
Transitioning of personnel
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLAugust 28, 2015
Provided the movement of Pharmacy equipment and personnel, as well as Lab personnel to new facility in Maryland. Ensured all computer equipment was moved and supported by the IT department.
Pros
experience
Cons
long days
Security Monitor/Lead
Logistics Specialist/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Shindand Airbase, AfghanistanJuly 6, 2015
My day to day operations were to ensure that my team of 12 to 15 Monitors were at their respective sites to provide Monitored security to all local nationals that came aboard U.S. Military installation to perform construction/de-construction to project sites. After working with local Nationals in Afghanistan allowed me to appreciate the smaller things in life that us Americans have. The hardest part about the job was dealing with elements during the cold and hot seasons but working with local nationals allowed us to adapt quite quickly. After getting all employees to respective sites, performed daily, weekly, and monthly inventory checks on company supplies and assets.
Pros
Consistent employment
Cons
distance from site to dinining facility
The Worse Site Managers & Supervisors
Fuels Technican (Former Employee) –  Bagram, AfghanistanJune 24, 2015
Worked for this company in Afghanistan....they hire folks that are totally not qualified for the positions but hire friends or friends with benefits. Every person in the leadership roles at Bagram are incompetent and lack the skills necessary to properly lead or take care of their workers. They pawn their own duties on to the workers with excuses that they have "Manager things to take care off". But instead you find them surfing the web, playing pool or dominos, hanging out in the USO, making daily PX runs or just sleeping in the office. It is taught during Orientation that if you have or find a safety related problem to stop and/or report it to the Ethics HOTLINE. Don't!!! I reported (Anonymously) an unsafe and potential incident that I expected to be properly investigated but instead it was COVERED UP and closed. After that the two folks who were witness to the original unsafe incident were in turn reported to the Ethics line by the people involved on drummed up charges and immediately moved and eventually terminated. As far as the company....they get you overseas with good sign on bonuses and then when the contract is renewed they not only drop the pay considerably but take away all the other perks...ie: paid holidays, bonuses, etc. .....and then tell you "If you don't like the new contract, there is the F-ing door!!!!" Most of my co-workers were awesome just those few bad apples who are lazy and lie to get folks removed.
Pros
Meals & Lodging included
Cons
Managers/Supervisors with NO Leadership Skills or Abilities
Upper management failed at connecting with the employees.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring MDJune 2, 2015
Employees were treated as tools just there to complete task as assigned not to think outside the box. The local mgmt. team was profit driven people last
Fun place to work
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLMarch 25, 2015
IAP was a company that had a contract with IRS so I worked at the same company along with the same employees at the IRS. My position was the same position file clerk, so it was good to work there
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
We had to work a lot of overtime during tax season
What I learned
Site Maintenance Supervisor & Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 1, 2015
Not one of the best Defense Contractors to Work for no 401k, they have one but you put your own funds they do not match ! Health care is expensive when you cover your family members.
Cons
short or no lunch and no 401k
Working in the Desert can be Fun
Lead Chef and Senior Logistics Manager- Iraq (Former Employee) –  Cape Canavel, FlJanuary 6, 2015
I worked from 60-70 hours per week. I learned to truly trust and depend on my co-workers. Being in management, helped me to become a better listener and to be more compassionate. The hardest part of the job was leaving my co-workers and the Iraqi guys that I had become friends with. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping to defend my country and watching how my work was impacting our commitment to freedom.
Pros
free travel, room and board has its perks
Cons
bed and breakfast is a luxury
Traveled Overseas
Lead Construction QC / Security Escort (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 29, 2014
Loved working with all nationality and supply the daily work log for construction that was to be completed that day.
Pros
travel
Cons
no benefits
Range Control
Range Operations Specialist and Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CASeptember 12, 2014
very challenging position. While working at IAP I had many opportunities to advance.
Pros
advancement
Cons
n/a
Productive workplace
Lodging Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day of work would consist of housing over 1000 military soldiers on a transient base. Putting them in/out of housing software.
Pros
get to meet new people everyday
Cons
having to deal with a lot of soldiers at once could be stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IAP WorldWide Services. Our community is ready to answer.