IAP WorldWide Services

IAP WorldWide Services Employer Reviews

Currently on Staff
Electrical Engineering Management (Current Employee), Boise, IDOctober 13, 2013
Pros: solid company
Cons: possibility for under-qualified oconus staff.
IAP is a good company. I am currently working OCONUS. Great support stateside. IAP offers several paths for advancement and they reward those who stick with them.
Fun & Quiet Place To Work
Force Protection / Anti-Terrorism Specialist (Current Employee), HEROctober 2, 2013
Pros: free food, save money & start or finish school online
Cons: being away from home, family and friends for long periods of time
The work is very easy. They provid room and board for free. The food is free as well. Its in A Military Base so you'll be living that lifstyle.
Ever changing work areas
Cleanroom Custodian (Former Employee), livermore, caOctober 1, 2013
Working in various areas. Meeting new faces most days. Making connections with your customers through good job performance.
Wellness Health Program offered during lunch or after work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: wellness health program
Cons: costly healthcare
A tremendous amount of experience was gained from this position. The experience and knowledge of a variety of functions gained from this position was an incredible opportunity.
Excellent team with great work ethic
Planner / Estimator / Project Manager (Current Employee), MacDill AFB, Tampa FLOctober 1, 2013
The group of guys at the 6CES, MacDill AFB, Tampa FL are great. It's the only job I've ever left and come back to, and the team has a lot to do with that.
I worked at IAP Worldwide Services full-time for more than 5 years
Buyer/ SUBCONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR II (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: great pay and flexible scheadule
Cons: corprate doesn't not address or fix problems or issues with management. lip servce.
Major lack of communication between management and subordinates. Company creates unrealistic expectations in order to secure more contracts. The responsibility falls on employees to meet said expectations regardless of how impossible or illogical they may be. Lip Service to employee complains about managers and supervisors. A lot of buddy system went – more... one. i never had a problem but witness team members and other employees who did. – less
Very Informative and exciting place of employment
Accountant (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: accounting is a fulfilling line of work.
Cons: the distance i travelled was over 70 mi away.
While at IAP World Services, I learned to sharpen my skills in accounting. I gained valuable insight into the Finance world and I tackled challenges head on with a mission to complete each task assigned. My coworkers were nice however, very quiet. A typical day at work consisted of checking my emails, answering voice mails, generating reports depending – more... on the week day, processing invoices, etc. I also worked closely with procurement to validate invoices to ensure payment was made timely to vendors. – less
Decent company to work for
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 8, 2013
Pros: reputable company delivering results to its clients
Cons: upper management communication can be poor
You go to work in a typical "9 -5" job. The government clients put a lot of trust in the IAP personnel at their sites. Your co-workers include veryone from the minimal educated to those who have graduate degrees. We're one team regardless.

The hardest part of the job was that most of the people I was hired with knew from the get-go that this was a – more... temporary gig as the military site were working was closing (the interviewers and HR made this known). It was our job to close the place. Then six months after the official close of the installation, the first cuts came.

The most enjoyable was building the team and watching then perform as ONE unit. In the end, it was a bittersweet moment as all were going their seperate ways.

My big gripe was that upper management was afraid lose employees especially when a contract is about to end. Myself and others were informed we were going to be cut two weeks before the fact. Under the cotract we were on, someone told us there were going to be cuts every six months, then a retraction was issued. Then the 6th month was around the corner and we got the surprise of our lives two weeks before! It was the opinion of my immediate supervisor that some higher echelon manager was afraid to lose people before the first round of cuts, hey if you want company loyalty, even from alumni, you owe it to current employees that the end is in site in ample time. – less
Helping the Us Miliarty
Lead Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Doha, DAWJuly 30, 2013
Pros: helping all kinds of peolpe
Cons: new place
Responsible for the inspection of all equipment, packages, and personnel, entering and leaving the compound or designated buildings escorts all un-cleared personnel that entered controlled access and secured access areas.
Gone too soon
HR Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VAJuly 11, 2013
Very professional environment and I was provided many opportunities for advancement. Great place to work.
A very rewarding place to work
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAJuly 9, 2013
I really working with the soldiers and roll players as they came in for training and made some really wonderful friends.
Good Pay
Clerk III/ Contracting Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2013
Good Pay, I was recruited by them on monster. I actually thought they were a hoax, but I was assigned a very good paying job. Unforgettably I had some health issues and the girl handling my case left and it became a huge paperwork fiasco. I didn't like the way they handled it, but other then that I was satisfied with the company
Small Arms repair Man
Small Arms Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Eustis, VAMay 31, 2013
Pros: no one to even know what your doing.
Cons: could not get a hold of anyone ...
It was an ok company to work for. It was tuff because I was in VA I never heard a word from them. Very hard to get a hold of. . Seemed as if i was just a number t them. Only time I heard from them was when they called me and told me I was ou of a job. and I was going to be layed off. Upset me that they didnt seem to really care.
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Panama City, FLMay 13, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: healthcare
Good place to work. Good people, I had a great team. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
great place to work always fun and interesting
PLUMBER TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Fort Irwin, CAApril 27, 2013
Pros: exercise time is very important i like to walk.
review my work load and plan route. always learning something new . management and supervisors great help always ready to awnser questions. my coworkers are also real professionals always ready to help when needed. i dont have a hard area of my work i would like to learn more about h-vac, building & structures. my most enjoyment is our servicemen & – more... families have a better life while serving in our miltary – less
A Toxic Sinking Ship...STAY AWAY
Accountant (Former Employee), Cape Canaveral, FLApril 12, 2013
This company is a Toxic Sinking Ship. Top heavy with management, they have defaulted on their bank loans, are not winning proposals and more layoffs are planned.
When they were formerly Johnson Controls, they were a great company to work for and had decent management.
Management and HR currently treat the employees like indentured servants.
There are – more... many better companies to work for. – less
Too many inexperienced "Chiefs" and not enough hard working "Indians"
Proposal Development (Former Employee), Cape Canaveral, FLApril 10, 2013
Pros: competitive pay, good benefits, gym access
Cons: long hours, unreasonably short deadlines, no communication, severe lack of training, lack of appreciation and respect, no job security
People are hired and not properly trained for their jobs, especially management. I have never seen so many people hired or promoted to management positions and thrown into the middle of a project with a tight deadline who don't have the right knowledge and training to be able to do the job. And then we all get collectively blamed for "sub-par" products – more... that don't win new business for the company.

Also, the blame is always in the on the wrong people in the wrong departments. They tend to put the blame on the product for not being pretty enough, fancy enough, or for any other reason they can think of, but when the customer tells us the reasons they didn't choose our solution, it's almost always been about the price tag (at least in my experience). – less
I learned so much here
Specialist, Employee Benefits (Former Employee), Cape Canaveral, FLMarch 26, 2013
Pros: fitness center available at no cost for employees and their families
Cons: 401k contribution match is only .5 with a max contribution of 3%
I was provided an excellent opportunity at IAP. I started as a temporary employee brought on to file for them. They were impressed with how quickly and the degree of accuracy with which I finished. They continued to find other things for me to do. I learned and took on more responsibilities. For the most part, the managment team is exceptional and caring. – more... The company is really safety conscious. – less
Great contractor
Recreation Center Director (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAFebruary 26, 2013
Great company to work for. Great benefits and have always strive for perfection and customer service
Recent layoffs - lack of work
Purchasing Manager I ( Senior Buyer ) (Former Employee), Panama City, FLoridaFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: lack of work, weak management
Overall a great company, however there is less work and fewer contract wins which has led to a reduction in force. Also, the company is currently going through a reorganization.

About IAP WorldWide Services

IAP - Your Global Challenges Partner IAP is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced – Read more

IAP WorldWide Services Photos