IAP WorldWide Services

IAP WorldWide Services Employee Reviews

Former Director
Director (Former Employee), CorporateMarch 1, 2014
Pros: decent salary
Cons: toxic company stay away!!!
The company is a joke. Senior management is clueless on what they are doing. They are trying to get into areas were they have no knowledge or experience. Senior management tells the worker bees that they are close to landing a $800 million job in libya were we all know libya is in total disarray. But they have a vp in Libya who keeps feeding the president B.S. Company has defaulted on their loan. It's like a macdonalds with a revolving door the good people leave and the bad people stay and continue to bring down the company. Toxic ship stay away.

The only good thing that I could say the salary was ok. overall company has no future they need to get rid of the president who is planning on bringing the company down so that he could jump ship with the competition it's a conspiracy.
Welcome to the contract world
Certified Pest Control Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 19, 2014
The first job out of college and was a great learning experience that propelled to greater opportunities in the future.
Wealth of Knowledge
Proj Admin, Procurement Spec, Acctg Assist (Former Employee), Florida; South Carolina; Dubai; Kuwait; Iraq; CubaFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: ability to learn more areas of the business
Cons: having to leave
I actually took a pay cut of $5 just to get my foot in the door to learn about government contracting. I started working as an Accounting Assistant II. They office I worked in was so busy that I basically taught myself by doing extensive research on JTR, FTR, FAR and DCAA regulations. I also read all the business processes and work instructions for all areas in the Accounting Service Centers section of Compass. I was promoted to Accounting Assistant III within the first year with the company. I moved from being an assistant to handling the Accountants position after a reduction of workforce but – more... remaining at the assistant title. I then moved to Accounts Payable for a secured contract. I was asked after working on this project for a little over a year to join the contract as a Procurement Specialist. This allowed me to work overseas and do some traveling that I probably would have never gotten to do if I stayed stateside. The position came to an end, so I went back to IAP on a TDY in hopes to get hired back on. Due to the financial issues that the company was having, I was unable to join the company full time. During my exit interview, I was asked to join another contract in GITMO. I tried my best to stay there, but with my hands being tied to "do the right thing", it was in my best interest to return home. It was a hard decision to make.

I was with IAP for 7 years. It was a great ride and I have learned a lot from working there. I appreciate everything that the company has allowed me to do during my time with them.

One of my most memorable things about IAP is receiving 5 Outstanding Performance and Recognition Awards. This award was given to employees who were nominated by their peers, supervisors, managers, VPs, and Contract Employees for going above and beyond their job.

I loved the fact that my bosses trust me enough to work with little to no supervision. This had a lot to do with trust in me to getting things done when they needed it and doing it the right way.

Thank you IAP for everything! – less
Great small company
Power Plant Maint Mech / Logistic Foreman (Former Employee), Camp, ARFebruary 4, 2014
A wonderful work experience. The company is a joy to work for. They take care of their employees
IAP World Services
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee), Cape Canaveral, FLDecember 5, 2013
Pros: the experience
Cons: n/a
I enjoy the enviorment with others around me that are as hardworking as I am. I like being part of a team that take their job serious.
great
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Former Employee), Panama City, FLNovember 25, 2013
Pros: bonus
Cons: long hours
......................................great job just my contract ended
Currently on Staff
Electrical Engineering Management (Current Employee), Boise, IDOctober 13, 2013
Pros: solid company
Cons: possibility for under-qualified oconus staff.
IAP is a good company. I am currently working OCONUS. Great support stateside. IAP offers several paths for advancement and they reward those who stick with them.
Ever changing work areas
Cleanroom Custodian (Former Employee), livermore, caOctober 1, 2013
Working in various areas. Meeting new faces most days. Making connections with your customers through good job performance.
Wellness Health Program offered during lunch or after work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: wellness health program
Cons: costly healthcare
A tremendous amount of experience was gained from this position. The experience and knowledge of a variety of functions gained from this position was an incredible opportunity.
Excellent team with great work ethic
Planner / Estimator / Project Manager (Current Employee), MacDill AFB, Tampa FLOctober 1, 2013
The group of guys at the 6CES, MacDill AFB, Tampa FL are great. It's the only job I've ever left and come back to, and the team has a lot to do with that.
I worked at IAP Worldwide Services full-time for more than 5 years
Buyer/ SUBCONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR II (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: great pay and flexible scheadule
Cons: corprate doesn't not address or fix problems or issues with management. lip servce.
Major lack of communication between management and subordinates. Company creates unrealistic expectations in order to secure more contracts. The responsibility falls on employees to meet said expectations regardless of how impossible or illogical they may be. Lip Service to employee complains about managers and supervisors. A lot of buddy system went one. i never had a problem but witness team members and other employees who did.
Very Informative and exciting place of employment
Accountant (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: accounting is a fulfilling line of work.
Cons: the distance i travelled was over 70 mi away.
While at IAP World Services, I learned to sharpen my skills in accounting. I gained valuable insight into the Finance world and I tackled challenges head on with a mission to complete each task assigned. My coworkers were nice however, very quiet. A typical day at work consisted of checking my emails, answering voice mails, generating reports depending on the week day, processing invoices, etc. I also worked closely with procurement to validate invoices to ensure payment was made timely to vendors.
Decent company to work for
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 8, 2013
Pros: reputable company delivering results to its clients
Cons: upper management communication can be poor
You go to work in a typical "9 -5" job. The government clients put a lot of trust in the IAP personnel at their sites. Your co-workers include veryone from the minimal educated to those who have graduate degrees. We're one team regardless.

The hardest part of the job was that most of the people I was hired with knew from the get-go that this was a temporary gig as the military site were working was closing (the interviewers and HR made this known). It was our job to close the place. Then six months after the official close of the installation, the first cuts came.

The most enjoyable was building – more... the team and watching then perform as ONE unit. In the end, it was a bittersweet moment as all were going their seperate ways.

My big gripe was that upper management was afraid lose employees especially when a contract is about to end. Myself and others were informed we were going to be cut two weeks before the fact. Under the cotract we were on, someone told us there were going to be cuts every six months, then a retraction was issued. Then the 6th month was around the corner and we got the surprise of our lives two weeks before! It was the opinion of my immediate supervisor that some higher echelon manager was afraid to lose people before the first round of cuts, hey if you want company loyalty, even from alumni, you owe it to current employees that the end is in site in ample time. – less
Gone too soon
HR Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VAJuly 11, 2013
Very professional environment and I was provided many opportunities for advancement. Great place to work.
A very rewarding place to work
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAJuly 9, 2013
I really working with the soldiers and roll players as they came in for training and made some really wonderful friends.
Good Pay
Clerk III/ Contracting Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2013
Good Pay, I was recruited by them on monster. I actually thought they were a hoax, but I was assigned a very good paying job. Unforgettably I had some health issues and the girl handling my case left and it became a huge paperwork fiasco. I didn't like the way they handled it, but other then that I was satisfied with the company
Small Arms repair Man
Small Arms Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Eustis, VAMay 31, 2013
Pros: no one to even know what your doing.
Cons: could not get a hold of anyone ...
It was an ok company to work for. It was tuff because I was in VA I never heard a word from them. Very hard to get a hold of. . Seemed as if i was just a number t them. Only time I heard from them was when they called me and told me I was ou of a job. and I was going to be layed off. Upset me that they didnt seem to really care.
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Panama City, FLMay 13, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: healthcare
Good place to work. Good people, I had a great team. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
great place to work always fun and interesting
PLUMBER TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Fort Irwin, CAApril 27, 2013
Pros: exercise time is very important i like to walk.
review my work load and plan route. always learning something new . management and supervisors great help always ready to awnser questions. my coworkers are also real professionals always ready to help when needed. i dont have a hard area of my work i would like to learn more about h-vac, building & structures. my most enjoyment is our servicemen & families have a better life while serving in our miltary
A Toxic Sinking Ship...STAY AWAY
Accountant (Former Employee), Cape Canaveral, FLApril 12, 2013
This company is a Toxic Sinking Ship. Top heavy with management, they have defaulted on their bank loans, are not winning proposals and more layoffs are planned.
When they were formerly Johnson Controls, they were a great company to work for and had decent management.
Management and HR currently treat the employees like indentured servants.
There are many better companies to work for.