IAP WorldWide Services Employee Reviews

This has been a great team to work with
Operations Sr. Planner Estimator Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 20, 2015
This contract team from the bottom up have been great to work with and was a great experience. It'll be a sad day at contract end to leave here.
Great place to work.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CaliforniaOctober 14, 2015
IAP World Service is a safety oriented professional company. They strive to please their customer and allow the tradesmen to perform under a safe and supportive environment.
Best Company I've ever work
High Voltage Technician (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 2, 2015
Best company I've ever work so far, good and helpful co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of my job here is when we are doing emergency response to a customer because of the accidentally hitting of cable by a backhoe, and we are all busy doing our job to restore the power back, and i guess that was also the hardest part of our job. Safe work place and very supportive management specially in safety work.
Pros
Free meal.
Cons
We are provided with Cigna Health care.
Good working environment overseas
Site Manager /Logistics Officer (Current Employee) –  OverseasSeptember 8, 2015
Working with other skilled co workers, we work closely with the Client to manage inventory control in an active hazard zone.
Pros
Great benefits, and strong team communications
Transitioning of personnel
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLAugust 28, 2015
Provided the movement of Pharmacy equipment and personnel, as well as Lab personnel to new facility in Maryland. Ensured all computer equipment was moved and supported by the IT department.
Pros
experience
Cons
long days
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VAAugust 20, 2015
A must work for company. Lots of creative freedom. Very nice environment to work in. Very flexible with their employees.
Pros
Florida
Cons
Health Care
Security Monitor/Lead
Logistics Specialist/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Shindand Airbase, AfghanistanJuly 6, 2015
My day to day operations were to ensure that my team of 12 to 15 Monitors were at their respective sites to provide Monitored security to all local nationals that came aboard U.S. Military installation to perform construction/de-construction to project sites. After working with local Nationals in Afghanistan allowed me to appreciate the smaller things in life that us Americans have. The hardest part about the job was dealing with elements during the cold and hot seasons but working with local nationals allowed us to adapt quite quickly. After getting all employees to respective sites, performed daily, weekly, and monthly inventory checks on company supplies and assets.
Pros
Consistent employment
Cons
distance from site to dinining facility
Fast pace lots of traveling and lots of teamwork
Field safety officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJune 30, 2015
Every day started with a safety discussion, then work assignments, tools, supplies and PPE where issued and the workers went on their way. I insured all vehicle inspections where completed and the necessary safety supplies where in each truck. I checked the live fire log (military base training) for approved travel and safety after witch I would then check the training manifest for any upcoming training that need to scheduled. After completing all office work and reports I would head out to the field to inspect the work sites. Being in the field for hours at a time I would bring cold Gatorade for the workers for a mural boost while making on site corrections and spot checking tools logs and coordination with the military personnel on site.
Pros
Working with the military
Cons
Working with the military
The Worse Site Managers & Supervisors
Fuels Technican (Former Employee) –  Bagram, AfghanistanJune 24, 2015
Worked for this company in Afghanistan....they hire folks that are totally not qualified for the positions but hire friends or friends with benefits. Every person in the leadership roles at Bagram are incompetent and lack the skills necessary to properly lead or take care of their workers. They pawn their own duties on to the workers with excuses that they have "Manager things to take care off". But instead you find them surfing the web, playing pool or dominos, hanging out in the USO, making daily PX runs or just sleeping in the office. It is taught during Orientation that if you have or find a safety related problem to stop and/or report it to the Ethics HOTLINE. Don't!!! I reported (Anonymously) an unsafe and potential incident that I expected to be properly investigated but instead it was COVERED UP and closed. After that the two folks who were witness to the original unsafe incident were in turn reported to the Ethics line by the people involved on drummed up charges and immediately moved and eventually terminated. As far as the company....they get you overseas with good sign on bonuses and then when the contract is renewed they not only drop the pay considerably but take away all the other perks...ie: paid holidays, bonuses, etc. .....and then tell you "If you don't like the new contract, there is the F-ing door!!!!" Most of my co-workers were awesome just those few bad apples who are lazy and lie to get folks removed.
Pros
Meals & Lodging included
Cons
Managers/Supervisors with NO Leadership Skills or Abilities
Upper management failed at connecting with the employees.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring MDJune 2, 2015
Employees were treated as tools just there to complete task as assigned not to think outside the box. The local mgmt. team was profit driven people last
Outstand place
EIC reproduction worker (Former Employee) –  FORT IRWIN, CAApril 10, 2015
Very enjoyable work enviroment. Management and employees were able to work side by side to get the jobs done on time. Great benifits and work enviroment.
Work with great people
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  OconusApril 2, 2015
Everything is provided from tools to training to get the job done correctly and safely, good food and living conditions.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
away from family
Fun place to work
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLMarch 25, 2015
IAP was a company that had a contract with IRS so I worked at the same company along with the same employees at the IRS. My position was the same position file clerk, so it was good to work there
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
We had to work a lot of overtime during tax season
What I learned
Site Maintenance Supervisor & Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 1, 2015
Not one of the best Defense Contractors to Work for no 401k, they have one but you put your own funds they do not match ! Health care is expensive when you cover your family members.
Pros
Cons
Short or no lunch and no 401k
Fun Workforce
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Good workplace. Very friendly- management was very informative with the direction the company was heading.
The work environment was very pleasant, employees and bosses were very friendly towards each other. I enjoy my short time there.
Productive overall contracting job for Dod
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walter Reed Medical Center, D.CFebruary 5, 2015
My experience working through IAP was excellent. I was hired as an administrative assistant for a military pediatric Neurology clinic, which was part of a large department. I enjoyed working with military members as well as prior military technicians, nurses and physicians. There was no bad experience, I had great co-workers and a fast environment job, there was no time to think about bad experience.
Pros
Every so often the clinic would receive compliments
Cons
n/a
Housekeeper & Lead (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Busy day every day. Learned to be more patient with piers and clients. Management was great, always kept you inform of any changes. Co-workers were very pleasant to work with. Hardest part of the job was getting people to work as a team and taking their job more seriously. The most enjoyable were having potlucks.
Working in the Desert can be Fun
Lead Chef and Senior Logistics Manager- Iraq (Former Employee) –  Cape Canavel, FlJanuary 6, 2015
I worked from 60-70 hours per week. I learned to truly trust and depend on my co-workers. Being in management, helped me to become a better listener and to be more compassionate. The hardest part of the job was leaving my co-workers and the Iraqi guys that I had become friends with. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping to defend my country and watching how my work was impacting our commitment to freedom.
Pros
Free travel, room and board has its perks
Cons
Bed and Breakfast is a luxury
Traveled Overseas
Lead Construction QC / Security Escort (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 29, 2014
Loved working with all nationality and supply the daily work log for construction that was to be completed that day.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No Benefits
Range Control
Range Operations Specialist and Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CASeptember 12, 2014
very challenging position. While working at IAP I had many opportunities to advance.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
n/a