IASIS Healthcare

IASIS Healthcare Employee Reviews

its cool
Accounts Receivable Medicaid Specialist (Former Employee), Franklin, TNApril 6, 2015
good place to work. no growth within the company. you will not advance. traffic is serious. I would think it is a good place to work but make sure that you go in with a good position and pay because neither of the two will change
great place to work
Tele RN (Former Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: advancement;education;time schedules
Cons: lack of staff
Had fun with my co workers and always worked together. Able to work with staffing on our time schedule. Learned to care for different diagnosis such as telemetry, bariatric and substance abuse. Had the opportunity to advance. Assisted with education advancement.
Very busy work environment.
RN Telemetry Manager (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good compensation and benefits
Cons: maintaining adequate number of trained staff due to high acuity of patients and nurse/patient ratio.
Management of Telemetry Units was very challenging due to expansion of both of the units from a total of 35 beds to 49 beds within a 12 month time frame, and trying to find enough skilled staff to work – more... both units after expansion. Teamwork was better on one unit and work environment was better. Majority of staff coworkers were good to work with. Management coworkers were above average to excellent. The most difficult part of the job was trying to manage as well as help with staffing when there were shortages and the long hours. – less
Enjoyed
Corporate Dir. Clinical Laboratories / PM (Former Employee), Franklin, TNJanuary 20, 2015
Enjoyed.

Work life balanced.

Good experience and exposure.
My expectations of this company were too high.
BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2015
A small fish in a shark tank. One minute you had a job, and the next someone from Corporate came down and without any knowledge or questions, you were terminated.
Superivor was suportive and great to work for
EASTERN REGION DIRECTOR OF CASE MANAGEMENT (Former Employee), Central United StatesOctober 28, 2014
work life balance was considered due to 100% travel. Oversite of case management departments in several states.
Enjoy the stories we tell.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2014
Pros: calm environment.
Cons: takes awhile for things to get fixed.
8p vitals, pass water, clean rooms, take patients to showers, check for insurance to see if they can be transported. Observe patient's need as far as meds are concerned. Keeping the patient's calm can be a tasks sometimes but if everyone is on the same page normally it's no problem. I love that my co-workers are down to earth and we take our job seriously.
Could use improvement
Cash Reconciliation Clerk (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2014
Pros: monthly bonuses, higher than average pay and individual office space
Cons: poor management, bad locations
I worked in the business office section for Iasis at a hospital. The turn over rate for management was extremely high, creating instability within the office.

There are monthly bonuses you can earn which is great. Co-workers there are long timers. The technology is lacking as well.

Discounts in the hospital cafeteria are good as well as the food!
Producitvity
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee), South Jordan UTAugust 20, 2014
daily reports and quotas to be meet and exceeded daily
I learned about insurance claim and processing claims payment and provided eligibility information
management was very interactive and believed in team morale, very energetic and engaged
I really enjoyed the team morale
Wonderful work environment and up to date on technology
RN (Former Employee), UtahAugust 17, 2014
This facility is absolutely one of the best to have ever worked for. They are friendly, and always up to date on the latest information. Plenty of education and opportunities for advancement with the right education
working with computers
Medical Information Systems Technician (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTAugust 10, 2014
Cons: everything
IT professional with over six years of expertise in supporting - and optimizing performance of – workstations, peripherals, operating systems, networks, systems, hardware, and software; Including installation – more... configuration and preventive maintenance, resolved network connectivity issues. Provided service focused technical support – remote and onsite – to achieve effective troubleshooting, efficient resolution of issues, for maximum customer satisfaction. – less
Rewarding and Productive
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Franklin, TNApril 16, 2014
I really enjoyed the people i worked with. I was not able to help everyone
Iasis Healthcare
MEDICAID COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTApril 11, 2014
Not a great place to work and they don't treat their employees very well.
Much need for improvement
Operating Room (Current Employee), UtahFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: having work in hard times
Cons: no lunches, dr.s that are allowed to be hostile to staff.
Unfortunately I must say I have worked as a traveling medical person for 10 years and have been exposed to many hospitals.
Right now Iasis has difficulty with lateral hostility that creates a difficult – more... work environment.
Long hours with out meals can be counted on due to short staffed.
To come in and be a positive person was not accepted and all ideas or willingness to contributes was met with "no's"

I am grateful to have work so my commitment is to focus on the vision statement .....STAR
Service
Teamwork
Accountability
Respect – less
Great staff and experience, low pay
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: staff, experience
Cons: pay, job advancement non existent
I loved working with the people I did. The staff is the best, but the pay was not. I could work elsewhere in the valley for $10-12/hr more (I did this) working less than was required with this company. It was a great job for the "experience" but long term is hard to envision with them. The opportunity for moving up into management was nonexistent.
morale commity for employess to stay motivated
Insurance collector (Current Employee), UTJanuary 27, 2014
work insurance que and bill out hospital claims , follow up with patients on missig insurance info.
nice job!
Biller/Adjuster (Current Employee), Franklin, TNDecember 30, 2013
excellent! good work environment good people! Great place to learn and get more skills in the healthcare field!
Enjoyed helping patients
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2013
Pros: great compensation
Cons: i was promised full time position within one year of employment but was constantly passed over
Typical nuclear medicine position. I enjoyed helping others and working with doctors and nurses.
Great hospital organization
Collector II (Mesa General Hospital (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: discounts on the cafeteria food for breakfasts and lunches, prepaid legal service included in befefits
Cons: older buildings needed updating with paint and new carpet
A typical day for me was calling insurances to status claims. If the insurance company felt there were errors or problems on the claims preventing payment, it was my job to find a resolution to the problems – more... and have them fixed so a claim may be reprocessed. It was my job to ensure prompt claims processing and payments by the insurance companies.
I learned how building relationships with the people I work with was important. Once you established yourself on a regular basis and spoke with these people more and more they would offer more help and ability to get the claims processed in a more timely manor.
My coworkers were always polite, and willing to help out if I needed it. And when they had questions for me they always knew they could come to me for an answer. Together we learned and together we succeeded.
The hardest part of the job was finding an ultimate resolution to some claims processing problems. Sometimes you would find the insurance company would have every excuse not to pay a claim and it was my job to find a reason to validate why payment was still expected. You have to know what you are doing and always finding new resolutions.
The most enjoyable part of the job was finding the resolutions to errors and claims problems. Knowing you found the reason a claim was not processed, getting it fixed, and receiving that payment was like a game of chess, in which the end resolution was check mate and you are the victor. – less
GREAT BENEFITS, ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Executive Assistant/Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 29, 2013
Pros: good management
Cons: long work hours
GREAT PLACETO WORK; EXECELLENT MANAGER; NEW OPPORTUNITIES FOR LEARNING