IASIS Healthcare Employee Reviews

Worst Place Ever to Work--Would never recommend to work for this company
Medical Contract Analyst/ Refund Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 30, 2015
Management sucks.
Pay sucks, ha don't even think your getting a raise more than 0.13 cents a year.
They don't care about you and will replace you in heart beat and they actually tell you that.
The management harasses you and HR and Corporate does nothing about it even when you are one of their best employees and after so long of being bullied you write HR and Corporate a suicide letter.
And NO ONE responds no one did anything at all.
The dumb manager still works there, and I chose to quit.
I would rather be poor than tour-ted forever, I put up with it for two years and eventually got on FMLA partly because of the whole job situation.
Cons
Working here is like working with family.
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 14, 2016
I love the work atmosphere here at SLR. The staff is fantastic. The surgeons are generally easy to get along with. People will go out of their way to help if you need a few hours covered or a little bit of training in an area. Breaks are given regularly and staff is willing to work with you to find the best time for your break. Coworkers are willing to share notes and information. The insurance is decent. Benefits used to be better. Pay raises and advancement are kept at a minimal level.
Pros
Great work environment. Wonderful cafeteria.
Cons
Minimal pay raise. Difficult to advance to a higher level pay grade.
Productive work place
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTAugust 31, 2016
Co-workers are great. In my job function I learned a lot regarding hospital billing. time management is essential in this position. sometimes not being given clarity on issues when asking questions or with information not being shared that is relevant to each team member.
Pros
information was not always shared
Cons
expensive heathcare
Surgical Scheduler Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2015
I
A typical day includes not only surgical scheduling, but it's a customer service position and a problem solving position with each individual. Each patient or customer is and individual and unique to their own medical or personal needs. I adapt to each individual as needed with ease. The hardest part of my job is telling a patient if they are unable to have procedure for either financial reason or it's not unauthorized by their insurance.
Pros
Professionalism and caring
Cons
Advancement and financial growth
Great environment and individuals working within the organization. Salary is less than desirable.
Patient Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2016
I was there only a year but had to cut the cord to pursue opportunities better aligned with my experience and qualifications. The work life balance was in desperate need of improvement.
Staff can be clickish as times, No management
Pain management (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 23, 2015
I have found this employer do not have the management that is needed to succeed in a hospital setting. They tell you one thing and then there is no follow through. The management will circulate a letter with changes without any reason to change. Only circulates to a few people, then when questioned will say they are only thinking of the change.

The staff is clickish at times and a lot of favoritism. One area I have worked will allow 2 of the staff members to do whatever they like and have run off many employees

Only reason I stay is for convenience and I am per diem only.
Productive Emergency room
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 10, 2016
I truly enjoyed working here and when times got crazy our department would pull together and complete the tasks at hand.
Pros
Being able to multi task and taking on new job duties.
Cons
I was unable to advance to another position within the company.
Enjoyable and fast pace environment
HR (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 24, 2016
Busy and dynamic environment, nice fellowship and no micromanagement.
There are opportunities for education and learning but few options to advance.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement, Good schedule
Cons
No internal promotions
Very busy work environment.
RN Telemetry Manager (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAFebruary 2, 2015
Management of Telemetry Units was very challenging due to expansion of both of the units from a total of 35 beds to 49 beds within a 12 month time frame, and trying to find enough skilled staff to work both units after expansion. Teamwork was better on one unit and work environment was better. Majority of staff coworkers were good to work with. Management coworkers were above average to excellent. The most difficult part of the job was trying to manage as well as help with staffing when there were shortages and the long hours.
Pros
good compensation and benefits
Cons
maintaining adequate number of trained staff due to high acuity of patients and nurse/patient ratio.
Work
Receptionist/PBX Operator/ER Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 9, 2016
Fun environment when your around the other employees. The managers are ok, but they aren't very family oriented when it comes to family emergencies.
Productive workplace
Executive Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 27, 2016
Working there is rewarding. Value family and beautiful site. I enjoyed working with some of the people there, they really are a great company
Productive workplace always busy
Customer Service Representative Health Choice (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2015
Like my other jobs it has taught me to be patient with people and learn how to troubleshoot problems with healthcare. This experience alone will help me in my future with other jobs related to healthcare and in my personal life as well. All the coworkers are very nice and friendly which makes up for the not the best customer service that comes from the managers. Overall I would say the hardest part of the job was the minor hypocrisy of some of the managers. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is helping people out, by solving their medication issues, or their benefit issues. I have always pride myself of helping people and this job has helped satisfy my need for helping others.
Pros
Corporate Shopping
Cons
30 minute lunches
Great Learning Experience
clinic manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARNovember 4, 2015
Great place to work. I didn't feel as though my talents were being maximized. I prefer product and service promotion. This position was more of an operations job.
Great staff and experience, low pay
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahFebruary 1, 2014
I loved working with the people I did. The staff is the best, but the pay was not. I could work elsewhere in the valley for $10-12/hr more (I did this) working less than was required with this company. It was a great job for the "experience" but long term is hard to envision with them. The opportunity for moving up into management was nonexistent.
Pros
staff, experience
Cons
pay, job advancement non existent
Superivor was suportive and great to work for
EASTERN REGION DIRECTOR OF CASE MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Central United StatesOctober 28, 2014
work life balance was considered due to 100% travel. Oversite of case management departments in several states.
Much need for improvement
Operating Room (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 1, 2014
Unfortunately I must say I have worked as a traveling medical person for 10 years and have been exposed to many hospitals.
Right now Iasis has difficulty with lateral hostility that creates a difficult work environment.
Long hours with out meals can be counted on due to short staffed.
To come in and be a positive person was not accepted and all ideas or willingness to contributes was met with "no's"

I am grateful to have work so my commitment is to focus on the vision statement .....STAR
Service
Teamwork
Accountability
Respect
Pros
having work in hard times
Cons
no lunches, dr.s that are allowed to be hostile to staff.
Could use improvement
Cash Reconciliation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2014
I worked in the business office section for Iasis at a hospital. The turn over rate for management was extremely high, creating instability within the office.

There are monthly bonuses you can earn which is great. Co-workers there are long timers. The technology is lacking as well.

Discounts in the hospital cafeteria are good as well as the food!
Pros
monthly bonuses, higher than average pay and individual office space
Cons
poor management, bad locations
I loved it
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2015
I loved working with them, most amazing team, met some amazing patients and friends, nothing like working together and team work all around.
A good company to work for with many interesting and challenging facets.
Physician Group of Utah (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UtahMay 14, 2013
There is never a dull moment. From managing three executive’s calendars to scheduling clinic visits to over 25 clinics for out of town corporate executives. The management team is dedicated to the success of the organization and is flexible to meet the ever-changing demands on their time. The many personalities within the company make coming to work a pleasure. I have never once regretted coming to work at Physician Group of Utah.
Pros
c suite and co-workers
Cons
reorganization
Great Corperate Support
Director of Medical Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City UtahApril 1, 2013
My typical day at work is managing a staff of 50 people. I participate in quality and risk activities daily. I have learned a great deal at the company and appreciate their leadership style. The hardest part of my job is relying on others to complete their tasks and sometimes criticaly think about outcomes. I enjoy the challenge to motive and inspire in this direction.
Pros
very independant work structure
Cons
hospitals are in competitive markets and sometimes struggle to obtain business

2.8