IASIS Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great fast pace.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2017
Join the team, great people. Fun and fast learning. I learned a lot while a part of this great set of people. I started off my career here. My first career step out phlebotomy school.
typical day
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXSeptember 9, 2017
Pick up clients from home
check into groups
serve lunch
perform activity of the day
bring clients home
inspect vechicle for next day
fill out paper work
Left and havent eved looked back.
Psych Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2017
Worked in the psych unit for less than 3 months, nothing but problems from getting ahold of HR even prior to starting. Never in my life have I hated a job so much.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Small, very busy acute care facility on San Antonio's south side
Adult and Geriatric Psychiatric RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2017
Very busy and frequently stressful acute care hospital on the south side of San Antonio, Texas. While all staff is very supportive of one another and those coming from outside agencies, we are regularly understaffed, the management is very authoritative, and it is apparent that this organization is not willing to invest resources to retain the best employees.
Pros
Staff very supportive and helpful to each other and outside agency staff
Cons
Management is not supportive regarding making needed changes to improve nurse working conditions.
Iasis is ok to work at. Nothing special. The company just sold out to another Healthcare Company.
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 10, 2017
Iasis needs to train the managers and supervisors better. The company just sold so there is no job security. Iasis does pay well but they don't give employees enough training or time to learn their job. I'm leaving to work closer to home.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Untrained leaders.
Challenging
Financial nurse auditor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 9, 2017
My particular job keep adding responsibilities becomes too much. Need to hire more nurses to keep up with workload. Getting overwhelmed.
It has been opportunity to learn, expand skills. Definitely a niche that is necessary but not widely understood.
Review claims for billing edits. Verify correct reporting of services. Need familiarity with case management criteria etc.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
Mostly self taught. Limited clinical resources.
Stressful
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 3, 2017
Requires a lot of your time. I'm not sure what to say. To this matter. So I will not say anything, because I think this is may be a scam just in case I will keep my options to myself.
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2017
Good place to work, if you do your work and are effective you will be treated well and be given more opportunities for growth. Friendly people to work with.
changing company ownership
Nurse Auditor and Educator (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 5, 2017
This company has struggled with compliant billing issues, and has been purchased by another entity, which hopefully can pull them into compliance. The future should look brighter for them now...
Pros
great pay
Cons
no management support
Not a safe place to work
Staff RN/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJune 26, 2017
Worked in behavioral. Administration is so worried about $$$ they take patients who should be in a PICU. This is a danger to staff and other patients. Acuity and patient load (often 8 pts) is too high and management does not care. Staff is overworked because applicants who do apply never accept employment!!!
Pros
Free birthday lunch
Cons
Poor cost of employee benefits, low cimoensation

Want to know more about IASIS Healthcare?

Ask a question
love it
Osteopathic Doctor -Partner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2017
such an amazing company to work for, amazing leadership and the culture is amazing, they are always looking to improve and go above and beyond in customer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 16, 2017
very great job , working with providers , customers , in bound callcenter.. relaxed and contracted by humana, I dont really think this job is hard ive worked in a cll center where we were gettin 100 calls per day so this job is very easy to me
Corporate Paralegal
Corporate Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 12, 2017
Great company to work for. I looked forward going into work everyday because I loved my job and the people I worked with. Very positive environment.
Strong commitment to quality
Administrative Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2017
For profit healthcare organization committed to quality outcomes. Good support from leadership. Culture is one of quality and efficiency. Focused on patient outcomes and productivity
located in south Jordan Ut
Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2017
If you are desperate, quiet and submissive, willing to work hard for very little, do not need compliments, don't have any ideas for growth, enjoy micromanagement and can tolerate a political management environment, from management this would be an ideal job for you. The employees are great. The management needs much improvement. . The are very numbers driven and find ways to make you work harder while sitting around chatting with their clicks. They lead with a pen and not by example,
Pros
they offer health insurance
Cons
management
Comfortable Work Environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 30, 2017
I learned a lot about doctors & insurance that I wasn't clear about prior to. Management wasn't bad just wish there was a little more structure. Work place culture was fine, very comfortable. The hardest part about the job was giving the members bad news whether a PA was denied or their insurance had termed. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually coming to work just because I knew I would be happy & comfortable.
Solid upper-level management, establishing a great culture
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTFebruary 21, 2017
Open communication from the upper tiers of the management, there is excellent direction and leadership. I have the utmost respect for the management, which is well-deserved due to their amenable personalities and strong character.
Retired
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2017
Worked for Iasis for more than 15yr, as time progressed benefits decreased and expectations increased. When someone called off you may or may not get a replacement.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
First concern corporate last concern staff
Not a safe place to work
Surgical services manager / Director (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 6, 2017
Please do your homework for any position you're looking into with this company. The number of recurring vacant positions, including those of higher level management, should be your first indication that this is not a place for long term job satisfaction or security.
The hospital is poorly run by Administrators with little experience, poor people skills and absolutely no empathy for their staff & the working conditions. Higher level managers have no desire to obtain input from the folks at the front line, many of whom could provide great insight as to how to run a Department effectively & efficiently.
If you are in management, this is not the place to ask questions or receive helpful mentoring from people with more experience. The prevailing work ethic is that you do what you're told - no questions asked, and you'd better figure it out quickly.
A company that is a revolving door of personnel is not going to do well financially, among other things, and that impacts what type of compensation and raises you'll receive (not much, by the way), not to mention the working conditions and employee morale.
Pros
Cons
Administration & management
I love working for Iasis!
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 20, 2017
I have worked for Iasis in the respiratory dept at Jordan Valley as a Full time respiratory therapist for over over 3 years and I love it still! My boss is awesome, I love my coworkers, and the experience I get as an RT is unparalleled. I have worked other places and nowhere compares to Jordan!
Pros
Experience and working directly with and next to Doctors.
Cons
Working as the only RT in the hospital you can never miss work