Iberdrola Renewables Employee Reviews in United States

Great job with Great Benifits
Technician (Former Employee) –  VariousJune 29, 2016
Great career with great benefits. Work/life balance can be challenging at times. Great opportunity for advancement for those that want to work for it.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Accountability
Cool Company
Industrial & Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2016
Get in and really try to learn all that you can from here. The people are great and really are willing to help you out. Great company!
Great place to work for those willing to accept a challenge
Wind Generation Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 7, 2016
Because we deal with the power grid, each day brings new challenges of things to overcome, and we work 12 hour shifts so there is plenty of time to deal with the issues. Some issues hold a financial penalty over us so time is of the essence and we must act quickly and accurately.
Pros
Great friendly company and people
Cons
Shift work means eating lunch at your desk
Typical day
Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  Lempster, NHDecember 11, 2015
The regular workday was incredible. You got to climb 300+ feet in the air and work on the Wind Turbines. It was on a beautiful mountain. The work was very intensive but at the same time it was a thrill to do.
Top Renewables Company Worldwide!
Wind Turbine Technician (Current Employee) –  Lamar, COAugust 22, 2015
Iberdrola Renewables is an excellent company to work for. The wind farm I call home is a great site, and I work with an amazing crew of talented technicians. Our small site has been a blessing to work on, and I have had the great pleasure of learning many new skills in both maintenance and troubleshooting.
independence good
Senior Technician Wind Operations (Current Employee) –  Birds landing caJune 30, 2015
maintenance all the time good OT incentive plans poor management at site level good upper management. routine keeps the same. good time off was 4-10s not 5-8s which suck hot environment
Excellent company to work for!
Wind Farm Technician/Plant Substation Electrician (Former Employee) –  Sarita, TXMay 26, 2015
As a technician, I couldn't have been happier working for IBR. I learned a lot. The wind plant environment is somewhat isolated, so you get to know your coworkers pretty well. Definitely one of the best jobs I've ever had.
Pros
Good Pay. Good Benefits.
Cons
Raises are virtually non existent.
Large Corporation
Senior EMS/SCADA Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 19, 2015
The work culture and environment its typical for a global company, My current position requires alot of travel to our many wind farms across the counrty the team I work with is great
Seemed like a great place to work.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 14, 2014
I was there just under a year due to management changes. I was not approached by the department head to address changes to my job scope. That was disappointing and I left the company.
Pros
well paid, great time off
Cons
not a lot of communications
Fun environment and great people
Sr. Lead Accountant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 11, 2014
Fun and interesting place to work and room to grow, and lots of wonderful people.
Great Company
Career Technician (Former Employee) –  Birds Landing, CAMarch 19, 2014
Performed scheduled maintenance and I was on call with the team responsible for trouble shooting and repairs.

To work together as a team with all employees.

Management was professional and great to work under and they all had positive attitudes, very easy to work with.

The commute.

BBQ OUTSTANDING!
Pros
park availability at or above company standards, opportunity personal responsibility.
New company dealing with old school growing pains
Buyer (Former Employee) –  PortlandFebruary 21, 2014
Typical day was rather boring. Learned about contracts. Management needs overhaul. Co-workers were best part of job. Hardest part of job was dealing with outdated internal processes and SAP bolt-ons.
Pros
good benefits, good pay, nice people
Cons
spain managed, lots of mistrust, internal processes a joke, managers don't seem to know how to move company forward, lots of ex-pacificorp employees (hmmmm?)
Iri
Senior Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 19, 2014
IRI was an amazing company. The culture was amazing and so were the people. I miss the team and the atmosphere.
Pros
amazing group of employees
Cons
boom & bust cycle tied to the ptc and congress
Wind Tech
Wind Tech (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 16, 2014
Iberdrola is the best company I've ever worked for. The benefit are wonderful some of the best I've ever seen. The people I personally are very intelligent and trustworthy with great attitudes. The only down side is some times the hours can be unpredictable if a major failure occurs.
Pros
awesome medical, and the best 401k i've ever heard of.
Cons
unpredictable hours sometimes.
A great work environment where safety and people come first.
Senior Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Sarita, TXJuly 18, 2013
Daily Balance of Plant operations along with Wind Turbine availability management, troubleshooting and maintenance.
An exciting place to work while rapidly growing
Former Employees (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 20, 2013
Overall, a very good company and most who work here are tremendous.
Pros
insurance coverage is outstanding, compensation and benefits
Cons
employee morale, and directors/managers who would throw valuable employees under the bus because of ego
Renewables Energy Company
HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PASeptember 28, 2012
Great company! Lots of diversity.Co workers were very helpful and worked hard as a team.
Fun enjoyable work enviroment, very safety conscious.
Wind Technician (Current Employee) –  Trimont, MNJune 14, 2012
On call every fifth week, perform maintenances the rest of time with alot of down days due to weather.
*Was a great place to work but the Wind Industry is hurting now*
Records Coordinator - Wind Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 24, 2012
This was a great Company to work for when it was owned by Scottish Power but now has new owners and the culture has completely changed.
Awesome Company!
Wind Technician/EHS Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bickleton, WAMarch 21, 2012
Iberdrola Renewables is a great company with great pay and benefits. They are the most safe company i have ever work for and they really care about the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iberdrola Renewables. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2