Iberia Medical Center Employee Reviews

Typical day at work
HOUSEKEEPER, (337) (Former Employee) –  2315 Main St. New Iberia 70560September 28, 2017
During my typical work day, I am responsable for supervising my work before starting the other. i can help with any problems they may have or find someone who can help me. I stay in touch with patients and make sure they are satisfied with the service we will offer them.
Pros
great food
Good depending on Department
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LASeptember 14, 2017
If you are a nurse, you will love it here. They pay well and you can pretty much do what you want. However, I worked in IT and it was not great. My manager was an amazing manager, however upper management completely failed on almost every level.
Fun work place
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAAugust 30, 2017
Iberia medical was a very friendly and enjoyable work place. I enjoyed my time there. Management was awesome. Everyone worked as a team. I would recommend to others
great work space
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJune 21, 2017
very nice work space friendly workers also. good benefits.you will get a lot of work experience here. nice environment for patients, families and workers
Fun & Productive place to work
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMay 10, 2017
Fun and continuous learning experience. It was like one big family there. Claims filing, answering phones and helping patients with concerns or questions. They are lots of benefits working at IMC. Plenty of activities that involve employee participation. This way employees get to meet other employees they don't normally see.
Pros
It started out as cheap lunch, but that changed later on.
Cons
Pay not enough for work done and time worked there.
Time at Iberia Medical
CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAApril 6, 2017
I worked in the surgery department. It is very quick paced. One of the hardest things was to try and balance work and family. When your on call a lot, there isn't much time. I liked working as a CST but I wanted to go back to school and finish my degree. I learned many skills and network with many doctors, nurses, and other surgical techs.
Productive hospital settin
Phlebotomist/Lab Asst (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LA 70560March 30, 2017
A day as a phlebotomist was blood draws of patient in hospital as well as out patient services. The hardest part of being a phlebotomist was blood draws on infants. The feeling of helping someone and making them feel loved and cared for was a blessing to me.
busy
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LASeptember 16, 2016
Working at the hospital can get extremely busy. Constantly going to the ER, the floors, outpatient room, LTAC, you name it we have to go. Co-workers are helpful at times.
Good hospital
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LADecember 9, 2015
I was an EKG technician. I enjoyed the fast pace work environment and diversity of people I interacted with daily.
There was no schedule flexibility, after having a child I could not work such a demanding schedule.
Coworkers were awesome and other workers around the hospital were friendly too.
Dietary FSW (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LANovember 13, 2015
With a horrible pay, no benefits, and barely any time to take a 30 minute break, I felt like it wasn't even worth my time anymore. Running around like your head got chopped off. Hours are getting cut and definitely NO OVERTIME. Most employees were nice but they had some that treated the dietary department like trash. People looked down on us like we weren't worth anything. To my belief the food is amazing! Many (healthy) choices to choose from! Very decent prices and clean environment. I can say it a million times, my coworkers were like family! I'll never forget them.
Pros
Free lunch and my coworkers were like my second family!
Cons
Horrible pay and no benifits
This job was a great experience for me.
ER Tech (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LASeptember 26, 2015
A typical day at the workplace would be everyone getting the patients in and out in a timely fashion. I learned a lot about emergency rooms. I learned also how to get everything done really fast it just takes practice. The manager was a great person he's a nurse so he knows a lot about the medical field. My coworkers and I worked together to try and get everything accomplished. The hardest part about my job was working alone. Usually their are two er techs so working alone was hard because its more work on you to get done. The most enjoyable part of the job was the wonderful patients and also getting my experience.
Pros
The drug reps would bring the entire staff lunches from different places.
Cons
The shorts breaks would come often because we would be so busy.
Friendly Work Place and Environment
Medical Record Processor (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAAugust 22, 2015
Great hospital to work at although there pay scale is not the best but I guess the friendliness and helpfulness around the hospital makes up for it... Not a big hospital so everyone pretty much knows everyone unless u work opposite shift
Cath Lab
Cath Lab (Current Employee) –  Cath LabAugust 16, 2015
Great work environment with excellent staff/ co-workers. Management is excellent with good structure and foundation.
Awesome place to begin career
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJune 8, 2015
Working here has prepared me for real life situations I may encounter in the nursing field as a practical nurse. Co-workers are awesome.
Very unprofessional place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (PRN) (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMarch 31, 2015
Was asked to do things that I felt put my license at risk. Not at all friendly. Very clannish. The employees left new people out of conversations, was made to feel less than human. Very unprofessional. No common courtesy among employees.
Productive Environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMarch 15, 2015
The job was an awesome place especially for me to take care of others. It helped me gain more knowledge about caring for maternity, elderly, adult, and pediatric patients.
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJanuary 2, 2015
Working here was a great experience! I learned how to interact with the different types of patients and the management and co-workers were always friendly. I'd say the hardest part of the job was leaving because I wanted to keep working there but unfortunately I had to move out of state. I enjoyed every second of my time there!
Pros
friendly staff, delicious cafeteria food and drink station
Cons
N/a
Productive workplace
Dietary, Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LADecember 28, 2014
Work was not hard at all, I loved talking to different people on a daily. I learned how to be more patient at this job. I loved all my co workers it was like working with family. The hardest part of this job was pressure washing the grill but I learned quickly how to do that. What I loved the most about my job was my co workers. Teamwork was the most important thing at my job and we all loved each other like family.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no health care beneifits
learnning potential is outstanding
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LaAugust 15, 2014
loved my job. assessed patients, start ivs. post surgical care, wound care, iv therapy, preparing for testing and surgery. The employees worked very well together
Pros
you always had back up form the team
Cons
wont eveavucuate with a category 5 coming at us por a predicticted direct hit
great coworkers but job & pay is horrible
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, La.May 13, 2014
I worked there for 6 years in the dietary dept, my co workers became like my second family, but the job was strenuous & the pay is horrible. The job required you to do too much & the pay didn't compensate you fairly for it.
Pros
close to home, free meals, very nice coworkers
Cons
pay was horrible, laborer work without the right compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iberia Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Iberia Medical Center Reviews by Location