IBERIABANK Employee Reviews in United States

Positive workplace enviornment
Customer Service Representitive (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72223May 17, 2016
I have enjoyed coming to work every day that I have been an iberiabank employee. I have always been proud to say I am employed by iberiabank.
iberiabank
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMarch 15, 2016
IBERIABANK is definitely a good company to work for! A typical work day is basically offering excellent customer service and helping customers with there account needs. The management is great, I have a awesome boss. Co-workers can be difficult at times but I am definitely and team player and get along well with them. The hardest part of job is dealing with upset customers but I know how to handle them and win them over. There was never a customer who left my office upset or in a bad mood. The most enjoyable part of my job is the atmosphere and just being able to make my customers happy. I do all that I can to help my customers.
Good work environment with good people
Commercial Underwriter (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 19, 2016
Iberiabank was a great experience for me as I received first hand credit training and was able to rotate throughout all sectors of the bank including commercial banking, retail, private banking, business banking, and treasury management. I learned a great deal in credit risk as a commercial underwriter along with business banking and private banking mortgages. All my co-workers were great there and for the most part management was great too. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning and there was alot of it. The hardest part of the job for me was sitting in a cube all day just working on analytical work and there wasn't enough face to face interaction with clients and even coworkers.
Disappointed!!!
SENIOR PORTFOLIO MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 6, 2016
I worked for Iberia Bank’s Wealth Management Division in Florida. Upon arriving in 2012, this division was a complete mess as it had just acquired Bank of Florida’s Trust Department. They had offices in Jupiter/West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Naples. The leadership team based in Birmingham, Alabama had no real management experience or understanding on how to run a Wealth Management. Just big EGO’s. They made a lot of mistakes in regards to wealth management applications as everything was band aid together and were horrible to use for trading, tracking performance as well as evaluating holdings. Clients would complain about the incomplete information as well as inaccuracy of data being delivered. I had to spend hours customizing everything in excel/PowerPoint to make it work. They were not interested in exploring other options. It was their way or the highway. In addition, there was no real back office, only a handful of employees with the vision of expansion and you had to wear a lot of hats in the mean time.

The management team had their favorite employees in the region and ones they couldn’t wait to terminate. Unfortunately, they invested in the wrong employees and didn’t think their plan all the way through because those fired walked out with clients in hand causing big damage to the region along with encouraging others employees to quit. This created other casualties down the road too. What was once a promising future is now just a bad memory for both sides! While my life has been disrupted. The decision makers who clearly destroyed Florida are still in their seats
  more... earning a comfortable paycheck!

Can't wait for Karma to pay them a visit!
Pros
Vacation, Personal Time, Benefits
Cons
IBERIA Brand, Management, Water Cooler Talking/Plots, No Bonuses or Incentive Comp on Retention of Clients
Avoid I.W.A. Don't waste your time or ruin your career, there are better organizations!
Senior Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 30, 2015
IWA gained a presents and Trust powers in Florida through the acquisition of the trust assets of The Bank of Florida. After about a year and a half the former Chief Investment Officer of The Bank of Florida resigned and approximately six months later IWA made the decision to terminate the former President of the Bank of Florida's Trust and Investment Department. This resulted in more than half of the accounts and asset under management in Florida to leave IWA. This has put the head of IWA in the awkward position of returning what is now a very expensive and I assume an embarrassing acquisition to profitability. Within 3 years, the Director of Investments at IBERIA Wealth Advisors destroyed Florida! Never wanted to invest, advertise or retain high quality employees! While he is still employed and has a comfortable paying job. He terminated Florida employees and shut down offices (Jupiter, Fort Lauderdale and Naples) and scared away plenty of clients.

Go on LinkedIn and find former employees from IBERIA and they will share the truth with you so that you don't get burned!
Pros
Vacation and Bank Holidays
Cons
Management, Pipeline of Prospects, Health Care !
great place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 6, 2015
Great place to work. able to maintain a lot of relationships through the work place. able to maintain relationships with customers.
Enjoyable and good company to work for.
SR. RELATIONSHIP BANKER (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 5, 2015
Worked in small branch, slow in summer but busy in winter. Loved working with the customers and co-workers alike. Also worked as a "floater" which I really enjoyed. Daily tasks were the typical platform customer service and teller activities.
Pros
Decent benefits and good hours
Cons
Unattainable sells goals
High Employee Turnover, Branch and Office Closures and Unprofessional Behavior
Employee (Former Employee) –  New OrleansSeptember 7, 2015
AVOID IT and SAVE YOURSELF FROM FUTURE HEADACHES AND EMBARRASMENT!

This organization is hands down the worst institution I have ever worked for. No back office support, everything is you wearing multiple hats. There is no real training whatsoever. They hand you manuals and computer based learnings which are horrible.

They have lost a lot of employees as well as customers because of the poor service, management and branch/office closures. Iberia does not have the strength and tools to compete against real regional or nationwide banks in the area. Management is also one direction, they don't want your input. However, they love to take all the money and talk about their luxurious vacations, homes and country club memberships and flying in private jets.
Pros
Vacation and Sick Days as well as Bank Holidays
Cons
EGO's, Unprofessional Behavior, Water Cooler Gossip and if your the odd person from not kissing up you will be fired!
Great workplace with mediocre Help Desk management
Help Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 12, 2015
Typical day includes taking support calls and emails from bank employees. Creating tickets and working support issues. On call rotation that rarely requires after hours work.
High demanding and intense environment
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 15, 2015
I learned how to maintain my composure while assisting a difficult customer. I learned even more how to work under pressure and multi tasking. The work environment is very intense at times.
Pros
1 hr lunch and accumulate time
Cons
management not flexible
Bank has gotten to large. Not a home town bank anymore
Mortgage Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAOctober 29, 2014
Loved my last position with the company. Posted and balanced over 20 different investor accounts. No room for advancement there.
Very busy place to work
Vice President/Foreclosure MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 11, 2014
It was just a job. Nothing more, nothing less. The building we occupied was very contemporary. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the legal invoices.
Pros
beautiful facility, including the parking lot
Cons
too much work and the bank's processess had not grown with the bank
Juggler
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 30, 2014
Great place to work. I have a great group of people that I support on a daily basis with my job. Never a dull moment.
Administrative and Commercial Relationship Asst. (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2014
Everyone works as a team. Willing to cross train employees.
Little Bank Image with Big Bank Mentality
RELATIONSHIP BANKER (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 12, 2014
No advancement training programs available; pay is not based on experience or training but by race or who you know; micromanaged branches and the majority of minorities do not hold a position higher than the assistant branch manager title.
Pros
great customers
Cons
management
Avoid
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 11, 2013
Racial profiling, poor management skills, no communication skills, don't appreciate their bottom line workers
Pros
free lunches and clients
Cons
everything else
Productive and great place to work
CSR / Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 20, 2013
A great company to work for and great co-workers. I enjoy being around people. The best part is the clients you wait on.
Pros
2 wks. paid vacation, 56 hrs. sick time, birthday off with pay.
Cons
hours cut to 25 hrs. a week.
Extraordinary long hours were required to meet deadlines. High turnover seemed to be the norm with many employees very unhappy.
Financial Controller, VP (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 12, 2013
From the beginning, many long hours were required to correct many problems left behind by previous Controllers. This position had seen rapid turnover. For the first 2 years of my employment, I worked insane hours: practically every weekend, as well as many nights at the office until 1am, 2am and even 3am. Eventually, this subsided as a result of hiring the right team of people and improving processes and procedures.
A typical day was a series of "firedrills", usually as a result of poor branch operations management. I had never worked for a company so disorganized. Decisions were being made that affected accounting operations with insufficient thought to the possible outcomes.

Most of my co-workers were enjoyable to work with, particularly my accounting team. We worked well together, with a positive attitude, to accomplish all that was expected of us and beyond.
The most difficult part of of the job was dealing with numerous errors made by branch employees. Their focus was production (revenue generation), not quality of their work, which resulted in an enormous amount of corrections that had to be made by the accounting department.
The most enjoyable part of the job was realizing how all of our efforts, as a team, improved accounting operations. We went from a 3rd week month end close to a 3rd business day month end close. It took a team of dedicated, motivated people to accomplish this deadline.
Pros
casual work environment
Cons
long hours, no job security, poor health benefits
Very good company to work for.
Final Documents Review (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAOctober 16, 2013
For the most part my co-workers are great teamplayers, fun and easy to get alone with. Make a day of work fun and look forward to your next work day.
Pros
business professional
Cons
celebrate each others memorable moments
enjoy the interaction with customers on a daily basis
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LASeptember 9, 2013
Open new accounts, close accts
take loan applications
close loans, have documents signed
cold call potential customers
cash checks
deposits
daily cash balancing drawer

most enjoyable part of this job is helping clients obtain the loans they
need and want for homes, automobiles, vacations, or any financial
need.
Pros
health benefits, 401k
Cons
not enough staff to smoothly run this branch, which creates added and unnecessary stress