IBEW Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding
ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA 23325April 22, 2016
Being an electrician has been a enjoyable experience and I have learned a lot.
It is a very interesting career and everyday brings a new and exciting challenge.
Good
Electrician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 21, 2016
Local 728 is a great learning program but the jobs are ran by the Good ole boy system. However if you show up and work hard everyday you will keep a job.
Great work
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 21, 2016
I enjoyed everything about the electrical trade, from the hard stuff like moving huge reels of wire, to the easy stuff like cleaning up at the end of the day. The people you work with are all there to achieve the same goal: making it to the deadline safely and on time.
Very fun and fullfilling job.
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNApril 20, 2016
Great place to work. Very family like business. Work could be better, more long term. For the most part job is steady. Love the brotherhood!
Great Place to Begin an Electrical Industry Career
Journeyman Electrician, Inside Wireman (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYApril 14, 2016
IBEW Local 139 was an excellent place to begin an electrical career and to learn the basic foundation of the field of electricity. Not only did the Business Manager and staff work hard to keep apprentices employed in local firms for valuable real world experience, the Hall also insured that the rigorous educational requirements of electrical theory, practice and safety were taught well and driven home seriously.
Excellent Career
Full-time Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJ 07652April 13, 2016
Working for the IBEW is a fantastic career. The union makes a point to see that their workers are cared for. They share fantastic benefits for you and your family.

Daily activities in the electrical field can include anything from moving around material and organization to the assembly of switchgear. There can be some hazards on the job but the employers are there to make the work environment as safe as possible for its employees. At time there can be struggles working with heavy materials and being around live electrical equipment, which is all the more reason to learn and practice all of your safety standards.
ibew union
construction wireman (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAApril 5, 2016
IBEW it's a union of electricians in the USA, to me its the best way if you want to start a career as electrician.i get more responsibility working here, i developed electrician skills, i worked with amazing co-workers. the hardest part of the job was the weather in summer, and the most enjoyable part was, meet good people.
Pros
good insurence
Cons
temporary jobs
great working environment
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAApril 3, 2016
the IBEW Local 11 is an amazing job opportunity for any individual seeking a career in electrical. Local 11 has an amazing foundation with healthcare and retirement plans.
Pros
healthcare, retirement, wages
Cons
can be out of work at times
fun
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIMarch 27, 2016
This is a great place to work. The pay and benefits are excellent. The people you work with are friendly and willing to help you out.
great experience
7-Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Spfld , MAMarch 23, 2016
to many lay offs while being a apprentice once casino come should make it a better experience to work for the local. besides the lay offs I have no complaints about the job
Great Comp
Underground Technician/ Groundsman (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 21, 2016
I would like to continue in this kind of working field. and your everyday job routine changes due to multiple situations that may occur
Productive, friendliest environment
Data Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 18, 2016
IBEW is a place for all.
I was looking forward everyday to go to work
People are a bit conservative, but nice.
Great place to grow
Pros
Free snacks...Union
Cons
n/a
Love this job.
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Apprentice electricianMarch 18, 2016
I like the fast paced critical thinking type of Jobs through the Ibew
Plus benefits and great people. I enjoy working with all sorts of trades. Lots of people and always keeping busy
benefits
Cons
travel
Productive employee pro active workforce
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILMarch 16, 2016
Responsible for the installation and wiring of electrical equipment and lighting fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
Its a good company to work for and good people to work with.
Inside Wireman/ Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAMarch 15, 2016
I like the current company I work for and most of the people I work with. I feel there is a lack of good management and specific job information.The hardest part of my job is trying to get specific details and materials to complete tasks at hand.
Pros
The pay is good and I like the people I work with. I like the hours.
Cons
There is no job security at all.
Productive and Nice Workplace
Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  South Burlington, VTMarch 15, 2016
Hours were 8 am to 5 pm with a 1/2 hour paid lunch. I actually have health and welfare benefit experience, I just had to learn the new work environment. Management is very supportive of work/home. I loved the work place. I was busy all day. Management and my co-workers were the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part of my job was remembering the differences between utility and construction participant benefits.
Pros
Health & Welfare Benefits and close to my home
Cons
No job security
Electricians Union
Apprentice Program (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMarch 14, 2016
Overall a great organization, work just happened to be slow in the area. We relied on contracts in the area. With a family it was hard with work being so sporadic.
Productive and fun workplace
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2016
Very changeling, and fast pace but very rewarding.On some jobs we have the ability to make a lot of money in a short time.The training is intense
And also you get paid for it.
Pros
ABILITY TO MAKE ALOT OF MONEY.
Cons
LONG HOURS DOING SO.
Family work enviorment
Low voltage lead electrician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 9, 2016
6am to 2:30 grinding learned a lot from the old timers.the responsibility put on me I relished in it. all of the overtime loved it.
Equal opportunity emplorer
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 7, 2016
I enjoy working for this company but the layoff times are now way too long for this job to help me support myself or my family. I went through their apprenticeship and learned a lot about the electrical industry. The other journeyman I worked with were great, I just feel we have more members than required and why many are laid off for extended periods of time.

4.2