IBEX Global Employee Reviews in United States

The most unprofessional company I ever worked for
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 6, 2016
They tell you up front that you can't balance a second job or school because of their hectic scheduling needs but every year they kept pushing that more and more. They promised that there would be shift bids based on tenure, attendance and performance but most of the time a favored few might get the shift that they wanted despite the aforementioned credentials. The appropriation of funds left many wondering why employees would have to go without many things that were needed. This is a call center job but the churn (fire) rate wasn't always based on attendance or performance but again because of favoritism. The hiring and promotion practices were questionable to say the least. The money when I started was good for simple work. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers everyday and then having to deal with some unforgiving managers.
Pros
Good money, easy work, benefits, room to grow
Cons
unprofessionalism at its finest, no job security, a lot of job politics, favoritism, questionable practices
Typical desk job, helped my resume
Senior Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNNovember 3, 2015
Typical customer service desk job. Training material could be better but majority of coworkers and management are nice and helpful. One of the highest paying entry-level jobs in the area that does not require a degree. Benefits are fairly expensive and not all that great. Poor schedule options unless you get luck of the draw. Management is fairly understanding when it comes to sick days and as long as it's not around a holiday, in most cases time off is approved if you ask early enough. Great builder for my resume, and helped my customer service skills immensely.
Pros
Good coworkers, decent pay, guaranteed hours, fairly secure job
Cons
Poor benefits, scheduling options could be better, little opportunity for growth in the company, poor raise and bonus structure, poor equipment
only thing that's good is the pay.
technical support (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNJanuary 12, 2016
Mainly depends on the department.

Technical support is stressfull at first but is a little fun after awhile.

Expect to be there 15 min early and not get paid for it.

With new attendance policy do not expect them to work with you AT All.

Your breaks are all you get off of the phone so if you have to use the bathroom tough luck wait for your scheduled break.

Do not expect good benefits unless you want to pay 1g a month and even then they aren't the best at all.

Management will not work with you at all on just about anything.

Expect to work all holidays but thanksgiving and even then expect them to make you work one of your off days that week.
Pros
okay pay
Cons
very short breaks, management is not willing to work with you at all, stressful environment.
Terrible Management.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJanuary 17, 2016
Working at IBEX Global was a great experience for some knowledge, but otherwise the environment was terrible, the politics of the company were not good, and the job was frustrating.

Pay and benefits were the only plus side to this company all around.
Pros
Great pay and good benefits
Cons
Terrible management, terrible rules.
Productive Workplace With Daily Events
CUSTOMER SALES REPRESNTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Elkins, West VirginiaDecember 15, 2015
Each day of work had some sort of game, activity, or contest going on to stimulate the work environment in a more fun way than plain vanilla phone calls. I learned how to speak fluently on the phone, use several programs and computer software, analyze finances and billing life cycles, multi-task, and most importantly to solve problems.

Management works long, hard hours to support their teams and uplift motivational spirit. Co-workers helpful and positive.

The hardest part of the job was to handle angry customers with rare account issues while trying to find a way to help. The easiest part was the computer systems, once they are learned.
Pros
15 minute break for every 2 hours of work, benefits, paid time off.
Cons
Stressful at times, hours not flexible.
productive and comfortable working environment
Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 4, 2016
a typical day at ibex global comes at an easy pace. most of the day is spent at the desk, the job required you to assist customers with technical issues they were having with their apple devices (iPhones, iPods, and iPads) i learned a lot about apple products while working here. the management was somewhat strict but not without good cause. the hardest part of the job was the long hours, the most enjoyable part was working with and learning about the products.
Pros
extra hours were always easily available
Cons
breaks were relatively short, as were lunches.
Bad Work Enviroment
Tier 2 Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJanuary 12, 2016
Ibex Global likes to promise chances for advancement, as well as their core values- respect, integrity, excellence, and transparency. They will treat you with none of these things. The starting pay is ok, but chances for promotion come at best once a year and are incredibly cut throat. They make little to no allowances for exceptional circumstances in cases such as sick days or early outs, they will takes months to notify you if your time off requests have gone through, and they will impose mandatory overtime on you despite having contracts saying they can't.
The team managers are often cool, good people, but they have such limited power to help that they are typically useless to you during actual events. The management higher up the chain sees employees, even faithful ones who have worked there for over a year, as expendable.
Last but not least, a constant shifting of policies means that as soon as you get used to one overly complicated sick policy, a new one is implemented.
Pros
Cool teammates, good team managers.
Cons
stressful job, uncaring mid and high level management, shifting policies, no respect for employees.
Productive busy work enviroment with competitive motives.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 16, 2016
Muti-ring phone, Filing paperwork, Setting appointments, follow up calls (reminders), Processing payments over phone, reducing churn, explaining accounts in full detail,
Pros
Bonus plus hourly pay, customer service skills
Cons
Short luch, Unorganized. No pay raise
Fast paced call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNDecember 13, 2015
A typical day at ibex included answering the phone, identifying the initial reason for a call and resolving the issue on the first call. Management was fun and involved so were my co-workers it was kind of a second family. The hardest part of the job was telling senior citizen's ,who's services had been cut off because of a past due balance, that there was nothing I could do for them until the balance was paid off. The most enjoyable part was changing a customer's mood from angry to happy by building rapport and educating the customer.
Pros
Discount on att services
Cons
Long hours mandatory holiday time.
Will definitely hire you if you need a job, just don't get too comfortable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Elkins, WVMarch 30, 2016
Still currently employed at this location, getting ready to switch from AT&T retention to DirecTV billing and sales. The people are mostly nice, the music is loud, and they are aux watchers, we call them something else on the inside, but for the sake of this being posted I'll not say it. If you don't know what that is take the job and you'll find out. Not a bad job while looking for an actual career, tread cautiously though, because they will try to make you comfortable to keep you there for a long time
Pros
Free lunches, breakfasts now and then, friendly people. Pays decent
Cons
Short breaks, point system, if you need help it sometimes takes the POD group or team supervisor to get to you
Low Standards
technical support advisor (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNNovember 10, 2015
I enjoy helping customers with technical issues, and have gained a lot of experience troubleshooting mobile devices, printers, computers, and minor network issues.

However, the company hires dozens of people in waves, sends them through training, and then just puts them on the phones. There doesn't seem to be any type of specific experience required, and the employees they hire usually leave in less than a year. Less than half of my co-workers from the training class that I went through are still working here, 4 months after being on the production floor.

The work space is not maintained very well, and the general cleanliness of the call center production floor is very poor.
Pros
The experience of troubleshooting deep technical issues with computers and mobile devices.
Cons
Expensive benefits, only scheduled raises, no merit-based raises
Could be better
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNDecember 17, 2015
I was only there a year but, I watched many people cycle in and cycle out of that place. I was a manager there for 6 months and I watched nearly 30 percent of my staff quit or get fired. I learned a lot there but, I could not stay there forever.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Policies, management, compensation, benefits
A place to get by
Inbound Technical Support - Tier 2 (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNMarch 1, 2016
It's kind of lame but not too demanding. In the beginning it was a sh** show, my hours were way off every check for 2 months (by the end of it I got payed correctly) still super frustrating. seemed like it was a good move forward. 5 months later (in my experience) it gets really old. Management varies, Some people are there to help you honestly, others are there for a paycheck. Worst part is you work for a not legit company, "a vendor site" Which I guess in the long run of things is better than shipping the jobs over seas but still lame that american companies (apparently) can't hire people directly. So instead they'll hire any dim wit for the position. Best part of this job, sitting all day, no physcial labor, no cleaning, just be on the phone.
Pros
45 min. lunchs (if your lucky)
Enjoyable coworkers
Full-Time Trainer (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 24, 2016
As a trainer I would facilitate a classroom of new hire employees. This is what I loved about work. I feel that management could improve on their leadership skills, as well as communication. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistent information between departments on what is the correct and proper procedures for IBEX Global and the Client. I enjoyed the team I was on, and my specific manager was fantastic.
Pros
They work with you with schedules and life.
Cons
Management, communication, HR
Dull and dreary Nasi camp.
Inbound Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 1, 2015
Worked here for 2 years, got literally no opportunities for job advancement as people who do half the work you do will get promoted over you as long as they're friends of management, it isnt physically hard and is easy as a job, but it will mentally wear you down until you feel ready to end it.
Pros
You can sit in a chair all day
Cons
You will only get promoted if you are friends with management or sacrifice a goat to Beezlebub.
Productive work environment
Customer Representive- Technical Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Very great days at work. Learned to use other devices, and ways to help customers with their issues. The management is very strict, but also lenient. Co-workers are very helpful when you need help while trying to help a customer. The hardest part of the job is helping customers resolve their issues within 15 minutes or less. The most enjoyable part of the job is having compliments from the customers that you helped.
Pros
45 minute lunch, two 10 minute breaks
Overall
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 4, 2015
A lot of turnover, no one wants to come in to work, green management, No recognition, No annual raises, compensation is too low for cost of living in New Braunfels - not offering more than the competition, disconnect in payroll,
good pay, unrealistic company goals
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  beckey,wvJuly 22, 2016
I would never recommend this company to anyone! The stress level is exceptionally high with an unrealistic average handle time. The noise level with floor people yelling is too high and makes it hard to hear the customer. The systems are slow which does not help your call ti me either. Most of the supervisors were great. Upper management sucked. Corporate does not know customer service from a whole in the ground!!! After dealing with at&t products and services and the way the customer is treated I would not own an at&t cell phone, DTV or any other at&t service! The pay is good but the pay is not worth the everyday stress. Without following stringently strict guidelines you will be fired.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no customer service, to low average handle time and too much job related stress
Wouldn't trade their good-practices but needful of communication to all levels.
Tech-support Advisor & Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 24, 2016
- "Here when you need us" and they honored it.
- HOWEVER, quick-turnover rates among new-hires, at the most recent time I'd heard it. I hope they will improve morale by their search for a corporate-level involvement for less ambiguity in what is heard by new-hires. a couple times over a few years there were sudden visits from an unknown inspector, but we could not know from whom until afterward, procedure like that is tough to carry out sometimes as a worker-bee or a manager-bee.

Naturally that sort of business is required by superior functions to continue evolving. But they were not consistent, I'd recommend an honest question of through-and-through rapport from stem to stern-- but that's just the pursuit of perfection of any company or group of human beings so it's good to see they are aware of it.
Fun workplace with employees, including supervisors and operation managers.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 26, 2016
Very comfortable and fast paced work environment. Providing technical support to technicians and customers whom are having issues with their services. Resolve customer's issue with troubleshooting steps. Working with a trouble ticketing system to repair the issue if troubleshooting steps do not resolve the problem. Management was very friendly, helpful, and understanding with out of work issues. Co-workers were very team oriented and friendly. The hardest part of the job were the customers whom were not able to understand troubleshooting steps and very angry customers. Most enjoyable part was when you were able to fix the problem with an angry customer by de-escalating the customer and resolving the issue with troubleshooting steps.
Pros
Co-workers, and management. 45 minute lunches.
Cons
Customers.

2.9