IBEX GLOBAL

IBEX GLOBAL Employee Reviews

Ibex global
AT&T rep (Former Employee), Elkins, WVAugust 27, 2015
Pros: They do free meals sometimes
Cons: Work ten hours on Mondays
I worked for Ibex global for almost two years.The training class is about three weeks long to learn all the systems.Most everyone is nice and helpful.They do give away free things.You can get calls that people aren't nice and can be very rude. Just try to calm them down and answer their questions.You get two ten minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch.
Okay company
CALL CENTER OPERATOR (Former Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Professional to personal life ratio
This was an alright company to work for. The typical day included answering the phones and troubleshooting products while offering options and solutions. As calls were incoming, we were required to document everything said on the phone call.
Not for the faint of heart
Directv ACE agent/CSR (Former Employee), Spring Hill, TNAugust 12, 2015
Pros: good pay, giveaways all the time, free stuff
Cons: Stressful, Managment was bad
Working as a CSR at Ibex Global was an extremely difficult and stressful job.I worked on the Directv campaign so THIS IS NOT A REVIEW OF THE OTHER CAMPAIGNS.The benefits provided were great,good pay,giveaways all the time,etc. BUT there is a reason that they do all of those things. the stress is overwhelming for many,including myself.When i first started there i was promised that when school started back they would swap around my schedule to work with it,no such luck. when the time came and i asked them again the answer i got was "you should have thought about that before working for us." the job itself varied from call to call some were great but others could bring you to tears. in the end i had to quit and they charged me around $400 and i never received my commission checks.
i do not recommand this place to anyone that does not want to be over looked by management and have a family , you are just another number to them
Assist Que Specialist (Former Employee), Spring Hill, TNAugust 6, 2015
answer phone calls, for upset customer that feel they have over paid for their services, and not being able to actually help the customer , they lock people into 2 year contracts and hold them accountable for it with out mercy
Typical day at work
IT Specialist (Current Employee), charleston, wvAugust 4, 2015
Pros: have a break room and incentives
Cons: doesnt have very good shift hours.
It is a fun pace to work. managment can be fair. They are always willing to help if they see you are trying.My co workers are great a fun group of people. the hardest part is getting people to buy f secure products. I like working their cause it pays well and i love talking to people.
Ibex Global is a Great Company to work for.
SENIOR ADVISOR (Current Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 3, 2015
I have learned so much at ibex global that will allow me to further my career in the technical arena. The co-workers I have are amazing, and management is great as well. The most enjoyable thing about Ibex Global is the satisfaction of resolving issues and making my customers happy.
Awful management/liars
Account Consulting and Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Robinson, PAJuly 30, 2015
No regard to what else is going on in your life. No respect.
Very ghetto work environment. They hire anyone! Terrible dress code that no one follows. Very poor job.
Enjoy working with co-workers.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: 1 Hour lunch break
Cons: Health care too expensive
Out of respect, I prefer not to rate IBEX GLOBAL..

I enjoy working with co-workers, I enjoy meeting vendors, clients and visitors. I work as the front Lobby Receptionist --we have approximately 700 employees that I at some time have to assist. Some days are very busy. The hardest part of my job would be seeing co-workers getting Termed and not able to help.
Joke
Frontline Agent (Current Employee), Charleston, WVJuly 28, 2015
Self destructive environment.
Never good enough performance.
No advancement.
No raises.
Policy changes daily.
Constantly making harder to do the job.
Great Place to Work
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Moon Township PaJuly 24, 2015
Great place to work very compassionate people who not only care about the company's we sub contract for but they care about the people that work for them.
Loud, obnoxious, false advertising
Full time Customer Retention Associate (Former Employee), Spring Hill, TNJuly 21, 2015
Pros: TVs, video games and ping pong table in the break room
Cons: Working off the clock, mandatory overtime, false sales pitches
While working here, I cried almost every day. The stress of hateful customers and staff who pushed us to falsely advertise and up-sell made me physically sick to the point where I ended up in the emergency room. The 9 weeks of training was boring and monotonous and gave no hint of what was to come when working at a call center but the classroom setting was the only enjoyable part about the entire experience.
INEXPERIENCED MANAGEMENT
Inbound CSR CRG (Current Employee), Springhill, TNJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Mandatory overtime, unpaid early logins and everything else
In order to get anywhere at this location, you would either sleep your way to the top or pucker up because that is the only way you are going anywhere at this location. You have to come in early to log in and don't get paid for it. Desk and chairs are nasty and broke all the time. The young kids they put into tl positions talk to you direspectfully and are no help. They are either outside smoking or on their phones or too busy trying to hook up with each other or the agents. Don't get me wrong, some are great annd are really helpful and they care, but beware this may not be the job for you.
Total Dysfunction...But its a job..
Customer service (Current Employee), Hampton,VAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Its a job
Cons: Too many to name..
I truly believe in the products and culture of the CLIENT.
Now, I'm writing this for the big hats of companies that outsource and provide opportunities to other companies like the one I work for. After getting the contract permenantly, the energy for anyone not in upper management ( meaning the advisors that perform the hard work) began to dwindle and almost now obsolete! Why you are asking I'm sure, and as someone who is in the position to interact daily with all, the shows that are put on while "the client"is on site became that! Just shows!! Once the client leaves, the promises that are made, all the "extra" support. concern and coaching,contests and acts of appreciation disappear when the "client" leaves. Therefore leaving confused and disgruntled workers. And while the typical would say and agree that at least these people have a job, which is true,when you want people to "buy in" into "the clients" culture and beliefs, it's hard when the same skill set that is being pounded and taught isn't used for or with the ones who matter as well if not most importantly, the advisors. From lack of communication, system errors, incorrect information and no one wanting to take responsibility but rather put a band aide on wounds to temporarily fix things that simply bleed through or worse cause an infection!
Upsets of pay checks or hours messed up and how situations are nonchalantly handled if even handled at all, promises of things that never came through, and worse being forced into positions that people don't want or manipulation of people into positions and once they are in position, – more... those promises are out the door!
What happens or happened with the company I work for is that people lose faith, faith in the company that handles "the client" and "the client" is so out the loop, maybe not caring, or simply not being told everything, that when opportunities are given to a company like mines, it's hard to get the employees to buy in and so what happens is these people are forced causing an even more hostile environment and ultimately a high turn over rate. But for this greedy company, that makes sense, cheaper to start over and over and over again.
Developing , rewarding and training those employees who have been loyal creates a sense of family ( which the CLIENT truly understands) that's important to the well being of the whole organization. If team members don't feel SECURE and invested, they won't commit towards full productivity!
So yes, this is a job. But if you are truely looking for advancement towards a career(certification, further education)..You may want to really think hard or have a solid escape plan!
I may not have a degree in business and how businesses are ran but I think if I did own or had any parts of running a business I'd want to make sure that even if outsourcing, I'd want to know how the people were being treated and to know while they may not directly work for the company,that the environment mimicked how it would be if so, to ensure that the performance would reflect the same results. Even if it meant sending in a mole, to see, just how things are done and how people respond or react, from the initial hire process to going out to the production floor. – less
Decent work environment with sales incentives, but no real room for advancement.
Technical Support Agent Inbound (Current Employee), Charleston, WVJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, benefits, leniency, job security.
Cons: No real room for advancement, no pay increase, schedules are set and almost impossible to get changed.
A typical day at work is rather easy going if you're used to a call center environment. Management is definitely helpful. If you aren't sure of something help is always around.
Great Potential
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), South Charleston, WVJuly 8, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Short/limited breaks, also manditory overtime
My Day would start at 8:00 am receiving calls, until whenever they tell you you can go to lunch, then take more calls until you leave. There are two 10 minute breaks included which is just enough time to walk off of the call floor and into another room for a breather then back to the desk. The work was easy (for me at-least) as far as the technical aspect of it. I learned a lot about infrastructure and how technical calls and and networking are handled. Great experience

The management was a little tired, (probably because they are given so much to do), all the people were great, same can be said about the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some people sometimes and trying to resolve, unresolvable issues that we don't have the proper tools to do.

Best part of the job overall was the atmosphere because I like using and being around technology. Also if I haven't mentioned already the diverse and friendly employee base.
Call center environment
Recruiter (Current Employee), Spring Hill, TNJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Full time job
Cons: Short breaks, Senior operations managers are lacking in talent and skill sets.
This is a job and not a career. This is a call center environment with opportunity for advancement but not for a long term opportunity. This would be entry level job with potential for advancement into lower management.

I would recommend this opportunity as a resume builder. Average pay, terrible benefits package.
Do not work here
Inbound-Call representative for small business (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: to many to list
This company will keep you around long enough to get the head count they need to make money from the client. The building is unkempt and a lot of the employees get sick while working there. this is a good job only if you don't need to get paid for your first month of employment. There is a lot of micro managing in this company and no one really knows whats going on until you get "separated" from the job. the co-workers.. some are great they normally get smart and leave which in turn leaves you with the ghetto loud mouthed ones that are waiting for their chance to stab you inb the back. if you enjoy getting your hopes and dreams of advancing in the career smashed and getting yelled at by your "supervisor" then look no further this is the job for you. don't forget the best part you only get paid on the 5th and the 20th of the month.
err
agent / billing specialist (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJune 29, 2015
Pros: we
Cons: er
meeting new people , working with different people , learning new things , improving typing skills , working with different systems
ibex global
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJune 29, 2015
this company was an ok company, the company didn't have very good training , you have to wait to long to get paid management was not the best, the co workers were ok the training hours are not good at all , it doesn't teach you how to do the job correctly I liked my after training hours
Inbound Technical Support Agent (Current Employee), New Braunfels, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: Overtime
Cons: Short breaks
Received calls from customers requiring technical support assistance in internet, video, and/or telephone services.
Friendly management and co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was requesting additional assistance from other departments.
New experiences and friendly atmosphere.
Headquarters