IBEX Global Employee Reviews

If You Liked High School You'll Love This Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 2, 2017
Its still a growing company but with all the people there are in a small building, there are a lot of cliques and a lot of tention. The majority of people are extra petty and its really easy to get fired but overall, its good money and practically free experience if you can understand the job.
Pros
Lots of benefits, good hard work, and decent schedules, Always a lot of food, typically an enjoyable environment, $500 Hire bonus
Cons
Majority of people are petty, there can be a lot of tention, there are many systems to understand and can be confusing, A solid combo of confused customers and lazy employees are frustrating, Mentally straining, Not ment for everyone
ibex
Senior Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 1, 2017
great place to work and started out with good work experience this place will allow you to make good money along with learning technical skills that you never had
Definitely needs improvement
Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNJune 1, 2017
They want to say they are a company that cares yet it doesn't show when the management doesn't show they care. So many people who work hard and do their jobs but yet no one can shine because there's too much here say and no one asks you directly. You can always tell who's the managers pet and who isn't. Half of the managers don't take the time out of their day to actually get to know their people.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management is very helpful...
Tech Support for cell phones & computers (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNJune 1, 2017
Ibex Global is a very good place to work...
Phone Support is not an easy job. However, Ibex makes working on the phone all day as comfortable as possible. It's a very positive, helpful environment...
Pros
Lots of overtime available...!!!
Cons
A phone center job is not an easy job.
Ghetto atmosphere with careless Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 31, 2017
This was the worst job ever!!!! If you are not used to working in substandard conditions, then this is definitely not the place for you. The supervisors are customer service reps that were promoted off the phones and don't want to ever go back to answering the phones. They don't want to help, instead they like to gossip on the floor. They are rude and uneducated, and brag on how they disrespect the customers. It is like working in the ghetto from 10 am-7 pm.
Pros
Cons
disrespectful supervisors, unprofessional atmosphere, and rude customers
Productive and fun
Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 31, 2017
Great place to work and gain Apple software data base. Also good for learning basic technical support skills. Good for learning basic customer service skills
Confused call center operation
Level 3 Technician (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, WVMay 31, 2017
Supervisors for the most part are the cream of frontline CSR's with IBEX Global; but they are constrained by an Operations team that continually changes policies or job assignments, seemingly at the will of their superiors.

Attendance, in my opinion, is the worst I've seen...possibly in the world, for all IBEX centers.
Cons
healthcare is at bottom of the heap of marginal plans
excellent training
AppleCare Representative (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 30, 2017
The initial training was excellent, thorough and engaging.
Photographic memory required, as no training materials, notes, or resources are available to you once you hit the call center floor.
If you know how to do Sales offers Great Incentives
Billing and Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 29, 2017
Easy can become overwhelming at first until you get into production. Having the ability to talk to people and listen to key points is a plus. good start for future entrepreneurs .
Good working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNMay 27, 2017
It's a good place to work at but they are very unfair to a lot of thier employees. It was good money. I loved my job I would go back any day but they will not let me go back
Productive and Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMay 26, 2017
Employees were instructed to that inbound calls and to assist customers on everyday billing problems in addition to selling products distributed by DirecTV and AT&T
It sucks really really bad.
Sales/Billing (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNMay 25, 2017
Worst place ever to work, Do Not go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not worth the money. It is not what they tell you, they do not help you out on the floor when you need it. They tell you to figure it out yourself.
unorganized
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 25, 2017
Management was never willing to help. Work schedules were not permanent and subject to change at any given time with no heads up. There was a lot of favoritism showing meaning certain people could be late whenever they wanted while others were penalized for it. Just an overall unorganized and drama filled company.
Pros
Hours
Cons
schedule changes at last minute when you have children
It's a place to gain experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2017
when i started i liked it, but as time went on it proved to be a place full of broken promises and poor management.

you could be the best advisor on the site, but you cannot bonus unless the whole site meets 88% customer satisfaction. And given the low quality of most of the employees - it's almost impossible.

I've been there 8 months so far - I've only bounsed once.

they don't give you the option to change your schedule - "unless you can find some one who wants to switch with you" - my TM
There is no interest in their employees
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 25, 2017
This company has all the potential to be a stellar company however, they only focus on revenue and not customer service and customer satisfaction. The training I received was for a new campaign the company had aquired however, the trainers had no working knowledge of of the systems or procedures. A trainer was flown in from another facility that was currently running the campaign, he was with us for a week then he was promoted to a higher position. This left us without qualified training and trainers.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Poor training
Perception Is Everything
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNMay 24, 2017
The actual work was not difficult, maybe a bit stressful at times working in the retention department. The biggest issues I faced during my time at Ibex was favoritism and being perceived as something by the way your dressed. It was brought to my attention that my overall appearance was being used as a last line of defense from keeping me getting a promotion; even though statically I was statically more deserving than a few of my peers.
Pros
Cons
Upper Management
fair
sales and customer service, and wireless (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 23, 2017
Growing market segment
--Strong sales culture
--Technology-focused startup in what can otherwise be a backwards-looking vertical market
--Smart, talented co-workers, overall
Cons
--Disorganized management structure
--Limited resources for developing the business
--Focussed so significantly on sales volume that fulfillment took a necessary backseat
Good work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVMay 22, 2017
Great place good work environment great employees take great care of there employees always help in to make sure that you know what your doing an to make it better for the customers.
The Policies need review.
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNMay 21, 2017
I only worked for the company for 3 months and resigned due to a conflict with my "personal" life and work life. The "personal" reason being that my car was broken into WHILE I was working a shift and management had me go fill out a police report, then pointed me for it.
Pros
Multiple Breaks
Cons
Benefits, Pay, Company based in Philippines, Management, Policies.
patience is key
Technical support Agent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 20, 2017
can be challenging but for the most part, a very easy job.
competitive environment.
bonus can be very rewarding.
when hired and in training, they tell you selling the products they offer are just for extra bonus for the employee, while helping the customers. Once you hit the floor, they pressure you to sell as much as possible. can be fired or retrained in order to reach target sales.

customers can be a pain but its understandable because the internet company that they contract for is unreliable service (mostly for rural areas)

other than that, it can be a fun place to work for if you are a people person.
Pros
good hours/set schedule. can make extra cash. good pay
Cons
constantly getting cussed out. have to sell products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBEX Global. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9