IBP Employee Reviews

Great company
Gutter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 22, 2017
Great company with outstanding benefits. Ability to make as much as you want because it was piece rate pay. The harder and faster you work the more you make
work
Loading Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NENovember 2, 2017
was a good work environment and was reasonable when it came to family issues and emergencies. i enjoyed working there and gave chance to advance up career ladder.
cryovac
Maintenance Cryovac Technician (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INSeptember 21, 2017
I was a cryovac tech. I worked 14 hours a day 6-7 days a week. I did this for two years straight. If you was liked by the management you was golden. it didn't matter what you knew of if you was there everyday never missing work or not. If you was willing to be a sheep, keep your head down, eyes close and follow the heard you was golden.
It was a good job good benifits i just hung inulation and started really bothering my lungs
Installer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 18, 2017
The job started off very well good money a competive environment that I really like they gave me ampile opportunities to move up and I did but over the too years time the material we installed really bothered my breathing .But I could always go back and they will give a great reference
Pros
Good money
Cons
You are instaling insulation and it is bad for youre health
IBP Employment Review
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 2, 2017
Installed Building Products of Nashville is a good place of business to be employed. A sales position is certainly not for the light hearted. It is very fast paced and requires your constant energy and 100% focus.
Pros
A lot of freedom to grow.
Cons
In order to grow you will not have much of a home life.
Great place
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJuly 27, 2017
Good place to work at, or to have your home re-insolated. IBP is a neat and clean environment to work for. Great workers, an very friendly staff. I would work for them again if they had a company in Washington.
productive and challenging
Community Trainer (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 30, 2017
working with I,b,p inc is a daily challenge working with special needs adults ,its a great learning experience the work place is very well open minded well manage when working to teach clients to meet there daily goals how to be independent ,communicate with one another,learning certain task and completing them.
Workplace Culture
processing (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 22, 2017
The workplace culture is a good learning experience to me, because I had a chance to learn different area also work with different culture. It gave me many opportunity to help me follow my dreams and my wanted career.
Pros
Positions, experience and challenging
Cons
Short Breaks, physical
There is no job security and the Management team is not encouraging
Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 11, 2017
Unfortunately since the management changed at the end of last year (2016) the whole place is a sinking ship. Management is know to fire and argue with one another frequently. The culture and environment of the office is unbelievably unprofessional with sales rep and management (during heated arguments) say racial comments. In addition, after asking for my review multiple times, I still did not get one but was blamed for many things out of my control.

Overall, do not look to this company, especially Portland, OR branch to be a good move for any career move.
Pros
Got an office to myself
Cons
Management team
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NEJune 7, 2017
The management worked closely with employees' well being and industrial engineers knowledge was used properly, engineers did time studies, project management, continuous improvement.
Job between jobs
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 19, 2017
I took the job at IBP and a short term job between the time I got out of the Army until I joined the Navy. It wasn't a glamorous job but I did my best and it paid the bills.
Turn over is high becacuse of managment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAFebruary 15, 2017
the old people who were in charge was great but the new management NOT GOOD .
Not a place for building a future, not a career builder .
A decent place
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Columbus Junction, IAJanuary 24, 2017
I have had many jobs and this wasn't a great place to work at and the management doesn't seem to care very much about there employees or their concerns. The place is very dirty.
Workplace Environment
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKNovember 9, 2015
Good starting pay but unfortunately the company sold to Tyson after I was only there for 6 months. We all worked well together achieving our daily goals and occasionally we would have a dinner with everyone bringing their favorite dish.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Plant Layoff
Productive and enjoyable
Mill Room (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSSeptember 16, 2015
I preformed many different tasks. When I first started I worked on knives. This job included cutting meat, keeping my knife clean and sharp, and keeping up with the line. I was able to bid off the knife line and into the Mill Room. In the Mill Room I got my certification on a fork lift. Also in the Mill Room I preformed such tasks as: locked the machine up so that it I could clean and change the hammer out. In this room I also filled the 50% trucks. I also worked the bone room where I had to separate the bones and dust. As for job security Tyson bought out IBP and closed the plant for some time.
Repetitiveness of duties. Got along with management and co-workers. Good company to work for.
Cut floor crew member. (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IASeptember 8, 2015
Line production in a meat packinghouse. I was on the boneless loin line (cut floor). Got along with management and co-workers. Gained experience of cutting meat and knowing the different cuts taken from the hog. Hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness doing the same job for the entire tenure. Liked the company and co-workers.
Pros
Good benefits and management.
Cons
Long hours.
Poorly led project, poor managemen, poor help
INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  North DakotaSeptember 8, 2015
We were told there was a guy that was supposed to provide any equipment we needed. Call him, he will say no. We were more or less left to fend for ourselves most of the time.
decent pay rates,team encouragement throughout
Production supervisor (Former Employee) –  Joslin, ILSeptember 6, 2015
Advancement opportunities plenty available.Pay scale increases, job skill improvement programs,team and individual safety incentives and company match investment programs implemented do keep the job interesting and goal driven. Is very physically demanding and high stamina driven.
Pros
advancement opportunities, pay rate increases available
Cons
physically demanding
long hours, great pay, some hazard issues
kill floor (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INJuly 6, 2015
a typical work day entailed flushing hog head, barrel skinning, marking hams and checking for abscessed and or unfit meat
Pros
friendly staff and good pay
Cons
overloaded hog carts
Very hard work.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Production Floor beef processor. Remove meat from arm bone of a cow. make sure cuts are precise to provide top quality of meats. must be safety oriented.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Very hard work