ICA Employee Reviews

Strong systems and great management
Independent Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2017
I enjoy working for ICA. They are very efficient and timely. I think the management and systems they have in place work great. I look forward to working with them again.
A great place to work
Turkish Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAOctober 25, 2017
ICA provides foreign language training & testing & translation & interpretation to government employees such as the State Dept., Department of Defense and Commerce, US Customs and Border Protection, International Banks, NGO's and many more.

It's a great work environment both for the teachers and the students.

I really enjoyed my work there.
Pros
A good work atmosphere, holiday parties. field trips
Cons
Healthcare and some benefits are not covered
Average work place, somewhat unorganized, lot of confusion among management
Road Service Technician/CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2017
Loading machinery and equipment on trucks to start work, learned the laws of traffic change, learned the duties of placing and diverting traffic through barricades. Hardest thing about this job was dealing with the fast moving traffic and being careful.
Good People
Executive Assistant Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 3, 2017
This was a great place to work. The people were industrious and hard working. The owners were interesting and collaborative. Overall, the work was fullfilling.
Pros
Different Every Day
Cons
Lack of Direction from Time to Time
Ica
Sr. Linux Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 10, 2017
What a horrible place to work. Total lack of leadership. Constant changing of direction. You never know what you are supposed to be workign on. They were a hot mess.
Good co-workers, stable job, flexible schedule
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  NorwayDecember 28, 2016
My typical day consisted of restocking produce, ensuring store presentation by cleaning, moving groceries to the front of the shelf and checking expiration dates. Additionally I also served as a cashier for half of the workday.
Pros
flexible hours, designated lunch area.
Cons
Hectic days, understaffed
Different Field of Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 25, 2016
ICA was contracted with the state to pick up debri following accidents along Interstate 75 through several counties. A different field then I was use to. Work was easy, nothing challenging but great co-workers
Learning experience
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VAAugust 27, 2016
Everyday was a new and different day, it was the same work but it would be something to deal with everyday. My co-workers made the 12/hr shift go by a little fast, trying to keep each other awake on the night shift.
Fun place to work
Project Coordinator / Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 24, 2016
I really enjoyed working for ICA. It was a fun place to work and wonderful people I worked with. Business got difficult and the Owners had to shut down the company.
Pros
The people were wonderful
Cons
They closed the doors
Productive and comfortable.
Hardware Installer (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNMarch 16, 2016
The start of the day was always a review of Jobs in your department to make sure hot jobs were worked on first. Machines were set-up accordingly and run. The Shop Supervisor would make adjustments in scheduling jobs and would check with you about incoming work orders. Most co-workers assigned to the hardware department were good-natured and reliable. The company has a seasoned workforce with diversity of skills.
I learned to manage work order scheduling, pulling and issuing materials for jobs, setting up hardware presses. I found working well with others and being able to instruct them on processes makes for a productive day. Always recheck your work. Inspection is key to good product.
The hardest part of the job is not enough workers and some jobs require a lot more time and skill than the average worker can do.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a team.
Management was available for questions and were present on the the shop floor through out the day. They were personable and said "Hi", to the employees.
Pros
4 hour work day on Fridays, free coffee

Want to know more about ICA?

Ask a question
Great Company all around
Independent Property Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 8, 2016
I absolutely enjoy each of the folks that I work with at ICA. They are extremely helpful, patient and respectful towards their Field Adjusters. It's a little tough to get answers at times. I would enjoy some feedback on my work, but otherwise I hope to continue a long working relationship.
Pros
Patient, Non-political people to work with, a real pleasure in communication. True professionals.
Cons
Claims volume (but this happens)
ICA is a joke
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 24, 2015
I was hired as a dispatcher for the I-4 Ultimate Improvement Project in Orlando, FL. It was an enormous undertaking.

Us dispatchers were responsible for a host of crucial duties. We received no training. As in, 0% of the necessary training. I am not exaggerating. We were tossed in the seats and held to incredibly high standards without any training.

It was a joke, beginning to end. The project manager was a joke. The managers were jokes. My coworkers were a joke. I jumped ship on the third week, which is when they had us dispatchers actually work. For the first two weeks, we all sat in an office and talked and napped and ate our lunches. We got paid, though.

Originally the ICA trucks were marked with Florida Highway Patrol decals. Less than 6 months later, I saw one of those trucks...and the Florida Highway Patrol decals had been peeled off. All that remained were the ICA decals.

Like I said: ICA in Orlando is a joke.
Pros
free pay
Cons
the work
Good catastrophe adjusting firm
Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 25, 2015
Solid adjusting company.
Pays decently and relatively on time.
Standard catastrophe adjusting work.
Locations have been from the mid west to the east coast.
Productive company and a great environment to work in
Insurance Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2015
My typical day at the job consist of assigning out claims to adjusters.
Billing invoices for the adjusters to get paid.
Dispersing mail. Making sure the outsider adjusters are uploading their reports.
Setting up claims.

My manager is a great boss and my co-workers were the best people you could of worked with.

The hardest part of my job is not getting the job done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people and knowing how to do my job correctly. I loved my job.
Pros
Great company to work for.
I like all the various PCBs I test & t/s.
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 13, 2015
They've had lay-offs, & cut all our hrs
(off all Mondays in July= NO PAY!).
Some co-workers OK,
some not so OK.
Supervisors very moody...
don't know what we're gonna
get each day.
I'm the only Elect. Tech. there,
so all testing, T/S, & repairs
go thru me. I've been repairing
production equipment when
needed & available( prod 1st).
Pros
Each month= birthday cake/ potluck
Cons
back stabbing co-workers, boss moods?
Its in ok job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 25, 2015
assemble custom crates and pallets for various companies stack pallets using folklift using tools like table saw miter saw nail gun staple guns etc
Compny was formed when John Bushman left bank, HSA. I worked five years for him there. The compny has grown over the years and deversifed in many ways
Assist Vice President/Collecion Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 24, 2015
It a good company. Many changes taking place within.They demand hard work but make it worth your.

I worked many years with this company and it's basic people. They are reputable people and appreciate their workers.

I had health issues arise and had to be gone longer than expected. The company needed someone who could take time and update on certain courses. I was not able and another existing Assistant Vice President took my place. When was able to return we were unable to productively run department together. I worked as outside consultant for just over year after leaving.
Pros
Company rewards it personel for outstanding work
high pressured work place
Emergency Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 9, 2015
worked rain or shine. Learned DOT specs for Road safety maintenance
Management was not there half the time.
Hardest part was dodging interstate traffic when fixing road or closing it.
Productinve and Busy days
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2014
ICA provided road clean up along I75 from debri. Also worked any accidents and provided road assistance to broken down vehicles
professional company
Contractual Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2014
Professional company with professional claim adjusters. comfortable environment. Insurance Claim adjusting is a stressful yet rewarding career