ICA Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and comfortable.
Hardware Installer (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNMarch 16, 2016
The start of the day was always a review of Jobs in your department to make sure hot jobs were worked on first. Machines were set-up accordingly and run. The Shop Supervisor would make adjustments in scheduling jobs and would check with you about incoming work orders. Most co-workers assigned to the hardware department were good-natured and reliable. The company has a seasoned workforce with diversity of skills.
I learned to manage work order scheduling, pulling and issuing materials for jobs, setting up hardware presses. I found working well with others and being able to instruct them on processes makes for a productive day. Always recheck your work. Inspection is key to good product.
The hardest part of the job is not enough workers and some jobs require a lot more time and skill than the average worker can do.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a team.
Management was available for questions and were present on the the shop floor through out the day. They were personable and said "Hi", to the employees.
Pros
4 hour work day on Fridays, free coffee
Great Company all around
Independent Property Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 8, 2016
I absolutely enjoy each of the folks that I work with at ICA. They are extremely helpful, patient and respectful towards their Field Adjusters. It's a little tough to get answers at times. I would enjoy some feedback on my work, but otherwise I hope to continue a long working relationship.
Pros
Patient, Non-political people to work with, a real pleasure in communication. True professionals.
Cons
Claims volume (but this happens)
ICA is a joke
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 24, 2015
I was hired as a dispatcher for the I-4 Ultimate Improvement Project in Orlando, FL. It was an enormous undertaking.

Us dispatchers were responsible for a host of crucial duties. We received no training. As in, 0% of the necessary training. I am not exaggerating. We were tossed in the seats and held to incredibly high standards without any training.

It was a joke, beginning to end. The project manager was a joke. The managers were jokes. My coworkers were a joke. I jumped ship on the third week, which is when they had us dispatchers actually work. For the first two weeks, we all sat in an office and talked and napped and ate our lunches. We got paid, though.

Originally the ICA trucks were marked with Florida Highway Patrol decals. Less than 6 months later, I saw one of those trucks...and the Florida Highway Patrol decals had been peeled off. All that remained were the ICA decals.

Like I said: ICA in Orlando is a joke.
Pros
free pay
Cons
the work
Good catastrophe adjusting firm
Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 25, 2015
Solid adjusting company.
Pays decently and relatively on time.
Standard catastrophe adjusting work.
Locations have been from the mid west to the east coast.
Productive company and a great environment to work in
Insurance Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2015
My typical day at the job consist of assigning out claims to adjusters.
Billing invoices for the adjusters to get paid.
Dispersing mail. Making sure the outsider adjusters are uploading their reports.
Setting up claims.

My manager is a great boss and my co-workers were the best people you could of worked with.

The hardest part of my job is not getting the job done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people and knowing how to do my job correctly. I loved my job.
Pros
Great company to work for.
I like all the various PCBs I test & t/s.
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 13, 2015
They've had lay-offs, & cut all our hrs
(off all Mondays in July= NO PAY!).
Some co-workers OK,
some not so OK.
Supervisors very moody...
don't know what we're gonna
get each day.
I'm the only Elect. Tech. there,
so all testing, T/S, & repairs
go thru me. I've been repairing
production equipment when
needed & available( prod 1st).
Pros
Each month= birthday cake/ potluck
Cons
back stabbing co-workers, boss moods?
Its in ok job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 25, 2015
assemble custom crates and pallets for various companies stack pallets using folklift using tools like table saw miter saw nail gun staple guns etc
Compny was formed when John Bushman left bank, HSA. I worked five years for him there. The compny has grown over the years and deversifed in many ways
Assist Vice President/Collecion Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 24, 2015
It a good company. Many changes taking place within.They demand hard work but make it worth your.

I worked many years with this company and it's basic people. They are reputable people and appreciate their workers.

I had health issues arise and had to be gone longer than expected. The company needed someone who could take time and update on certain courses. I was not able and another existing Assistant Vice President took my place. When was able to return we were unable to productively run department together. I worked as outside consultant for just over year after leaving.
Pros
company rewards it personel for outstanding work
high pressured work place
Emergency Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 9, 2015
worked rain or shine. Learned DOT specs for Road safety maintenance
Management was not there half the time.
Hardest part was dodging interstate traffic when fixing road or closing it.
Productinve and Busy days
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2014
ICA provided road clean up along I75 from debri. Also worked any accidents and provided road assistance to broken down vehicles
professional company
Contractual Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2014
Professional company with professional claim adjusters. comfortable environment. Insurance Claim adjusting is a stressful yet rewarding career
ok place to work
Head of Technology-Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAFebruary 27, 2014
this was a college intern job that paid for some books and living expenses.
Work environment that requires you to be detailed oriented and motivated
Claims Management Support (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 9, 2013
This job requires you to be a flexible employee. The typical work week is 40 hours but that can change quickly if there is a storm anywhere in the nation. 40 hours can quickly jump to nearly 100 hours in a week. The work put in needs to be correct which means you have to be detail oriented because the insureds depend on us to help them recover through a catastrophe. There is a sense of pride you get from knowing that you are helping others when they just lost everything or things that have great significance to their lives or memories. This field requires you to be a good team worker HOWEVER you must be independent enough to take on your own tasks and get them accomplished in a timely fashion. There is very little room for error. Which, I think, is a good thing because it means you have to be diligent and always put in effort to make sure it is done correctly.
Pros
good team setting
Cons
long hours and little pay
i loved it
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2013
co-workers where great guys landscape mant.of the toll roads it was fun weed eat edge mow shovle off dead animals out of the road
Pros
great job
Layed back atmosphere somewhat dangerous at times
Technician (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 24, 2013
We did about every imaginable thing related to highway maintenance from animal removal to patching pot holes to fence repair. We did moving lane closures, permanent lane closures, and provided snow removal. It was very interesting learning of the immense amount that goes into maintaining highways.
Good Company
COO, Vice President, General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 6, 2013
Good Company cared about it's employees, customers and clients.
This is one of the best companies to work for when it comes to claims adjusting
Field Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  ANYWHERE USAMarch 19, 2013
This is one of the best companies to work for, they take care of their contractors, and are always professional.
Very good company
Arabic Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJanuary 13, 2013
Everything was going Great , I have learned A Lot from ICA , its was very nice working with ICA for 2 years and I'm still working with them on Call
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no healthcare
it is a very good company
Curriculum Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COOctober 1, 2012
it is a very good company .organized and pay well
and even pay for food and rent car for us
perform construction duties
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  GAJuly 31, 2012
great people and management to work around. the best part is your co workers and the worst part would be job security