ICap

ICap Employer Reviews

Good Company
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2014
This was a good oppotunity after coming out of school, however it was a temporary assignment.
At home job
Administrative Assistant to Director (Non-Profit) (Former Employee), Corona, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: worked at home
Cons: no benefits
Was work at home so made own hours and was also per diem. Would have liked to work for them longer.
Managment
Director - Real Estate Investment Banking (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2013
Pros: access t capital markets
Cons: management buy in and unfavorable terms for clients
Management buy in was difficult. Long hours with no structure.
Voluntieer
Member (Former Employee), Philadelphia, paMay 15, 2013
it was fun working with other members and helping the community
This was my best company as feedbacks on results were prompt
Research Assistant (Former Employee), RongoApril 25, 2013
Pros: airtime
Cons: medical insuarance
Interviewing clients
The process of a research
Working as a team
Understood their moods
Delayed salary due to wrong invoicing
During bi wekly meetings
Volunteer
Volunteer at Pella Regional Hospital (Current Employee), Pella, IAFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: great education stipend when complete
This is a program through AmeriCorps that requires 300 hours of service. at my volunteer sites I have a lot of fun and I learn a lot. I do not regret signing up to do this in any way.
How my experiences transfer
Energy Broker (Former Employee), SingaporeJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: oil and gas experience, sales and marketing and logistics experience, willing to learn
Cons: need mentor
I believe there are two aspects of my recent experience that would be of interest to you.

Firstly, my recent experience as a Commodities Derivatives Broker in Singapore (ICAP), which has given me exposure to the crude, gas and downstream product markets.

My specialty was the sale and purchase of:

· WTI (West Texas Intermediary) Swaps - SWEET AND – more... SOUR CRUDE
· Brent Futures (DUBIA) - SOUR CRUDE

My daily role was in assisting traders in hedging (EFS) futures for swaps or (Brent/Dubai) swaps for swaps in bearish or bullish markets to protect physical trades working in MB or KB quantities based on ICE (flat price Brent), PLATTS (flat price Dubia), B/D swap, EFS, Dubai spread, WTI setts, Brent spread, swaps and settlements calculated into a curve settling with SGX, ICE and NYMEX or; clearport or direct.

I retrieved information, daily, for the Curve I built: ICE or Intercontinental Exchange are pulled daily providing settlements for WTI, Brent, Dub and TI that helps to identify trends of build or bust helping to see the market in a backwardation (+) or contango (-) value.

With these basic tools and others not listed I have been able to assist on a junior level in trades within the Crude oil market for traders such as: Concorde, Socgen, Hetco, Stn Chart, Chevron, BNP, Totsa, Koch, JP Chase, Shell, Conoco, Sinochem, BP Sing, Gazprom, Macquaria, Unipec, MCRM , JPMC, Morgan Stanley, Concord, Sumitomo, CSI, Phibro, Trafigura, Hetco, Gunvor, Marubeni, Citi, Itochu, Deutcha Bank, BNP

Secondly, my experience with the trucking/logistics operations of downstream products in USA JB Hunt, US Military and Kuwait

As you can see from my CV I have experience working in Logistics, Government Contracts and Military Oil and Gas (Upstream) convoys collectively managing company growth by winning contracts with KBR, Halliburton, US/British Military and Kuwait Government. I have 6 years experience as a US soldier and even though this experience was not in Oil and Gas I have utilized all avenues to optimize my career as a Government Contractor with great success.

I acknowledge the fact that my skills may not meet your exact specifications but I am willing to learn in a mentors or otherwise environment and I believe there is a lot of synergy between my current knowledge and training that would be transferrable to your organization as a Junior Scheduler, Desk Analyst or similar position. I believe my experience would add a new facet to your already established team and I would relish the opportunity to broaden my skillset and develop a career with your organization. I would very much like the opportunity to expand my career into the physicals market and grow with a company as well regarded as your organization. I would be pleased to discuss my resume in person, or over the phone, at your convenience, if you would like any further information. – less
OK
Credit Default Swap Business Analyst & Broker (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 29, 2013
Typical commission based organization. Organization lacks leadership and does have the ability to execute business strategies.
Interesting and forward thinking Company.
Senior Relationship/Account Manager (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 19, 2012
Pros: good working environment
Cons: lack of career development
Fast moving, challenging and diverse workplace that is very challenging and rewarding with hard work.
Solid Company
Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 22, 2012
Pros: good compensation and employee benefits
Cons: sometimes long work days
ICAP is generally a great place to work. The culture varies in each division but the environment is positive and the people are a good group to work with.
Fun and shared-knowldge
Volunteer Receptionist (Former Employee), LondonJune 24, 2013
Welcoming and greeting clients, dealing with telephone inquiries
booking appointments for clients and taking messages for therapists,
Computer input.
I learned and gain customer service skills and to communicate effectively; to manage my time and stay focus in my job.
The environment was great and we all support each others as volunteers.
the job was – more... easy and exciting and as a volunteer was there to learn and grow so no hard part but fun and enjoyable time. – less
A empresa é digna de elogios e está de parabéns em sua administração
Secretária (Former Employee), Jaboatão dos Guararapes, PEJune 3, 2014
Pros: fui respeitada e valorizada
Cons: não tinha como crescer na empresa
Horários:
9h às 18h (com 1h de almoço)
Trabalhava como secretária executiva;
Eu era responsável por toda área administrativa e por os demais funcionários;
Marcava e participava das reuniões com a liderança;
Fazia a pauta;
Delegava os afazeres.
BUEN AMBIENTE LABORAL, BUENAS OPORTUNIDADES DE SUPERACION
SECRETARIA RECEPCIONISTA (Former Employee), HavanaMarch 26, 2013
Pros: buen ambiente laboral
Cons: bajo salario
UN DIA NORMAL DE TRABAJO ERA LLEGAR A LA OFICINA, LABORAR EN TODAS LAS ACTIVIDADES ENCOMENDADAS, SACAR EL TRABAJO DIARIO Y APRENDER MUCHISIMO CADA DIA DE MII JEFA, DE MIS COMPAÑEROS, CADA DIA ALGO NUEVO QUE APRENDER, LA PARTE MAS DIFICIL ERA ENTREGAR EL INFORME DEL MES, SI MUY LABORIOSO, LO QUE MAS ME GUSTABA ERA APRENDER DE TODOS UN POQQUITO Y VER – more... EL RESULTADO DEL TRABAJO – less

About ICap

ICAP puts the icing on the cake for a whole bunch of traders. The company, the world's largest interdealer brokerage with more – Read more