ICF International

ICF International Employee Reviews

Productive Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2015
I worked for ICF as a Federal Contractor. My contract was with the Regional Director of HHS. I performed a wide variety of administrative duties such as travel arrangements, maintaining the daily calendar, scheduling meetings and lunches for all staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was coming into a work environment where all of the staff were hard-working, driven, and just really great to be around. I really enjoyed my job here.
Productive workplace that gives you freedom
Research Assistant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Make own hours (depending on the job), plenty of available resources to help with your job
Cons: As a contractor a job may only last so long until your services are no longer needed
ICF International is a company that allows their workers to grow in their position while also learning the field that they are working in. ICF will provide you with plenty of resources to help you with your job and then eventually allow you to take over and work on the project for yourself. The culture is very DIY, where co-workers can make their own hours (as long as they are not absurd) and they give you a task and entrust you with finishing that task in a reasonable time. There is a lot of trust within this company, very rarely do you have someone bothering you about where something is, I have never felt like I have had my co-workers breathing down my neck expecting my work to be done. The company culture is strong and very positive.
Consulting Company
Project Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: pay, flexibility
Cons: job security
Your job security can be scary because your career opportunities depend on what contracts you get. I enjoyed the flexibility of the company and consulting nature of the business.
Poor managment
Analyst (Current Employee), AtlantaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: none
The Management staff is untrained and unskilled, Unfair hiring process, Poor work conditions, no advancement and Stressful
Professional Atmosphere
Senior Associate/Project Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 22, 2015
The culture and employee relations are very professional. To move up in the company you have to be a bit of an over achiever; spending long hours on project work.
Job very easy
Research‭ ‬Technician/Processor (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJuly 15, 2015
ICF, is more of a job for students just coming out if high school. It is a great place to work overall and has great paychecks, but mire of a young environment.
Opportunity to work across many projects, little advancement
Strategic Communications Associate (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 2, 2015
Lower pay than it's competitors but a good place to start your career to gain experience. Difficult to advance without putting in many years. Hard working peers, but little support from top management and heads of divisions. The company's focus on acquiring new companies each year seems to detract from how much they put into their existing team.
Software Test Lead, QA Manager, Business Analyst
HHS Office of the Director, Bethesda (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Ability to telecommute
Cons: Dental Benefits were not as good as my previous company
A typical day at work involved interacting with clients, management, and co-workers. We had daily scrum meetings, planning meetings, client demos at the end of each three week sprint, sprint reviews, lessons learned, and backlog reviews prior to each sprint.
Recently trained in Visual Studio 2013 Premium. The class was Introduction to coded UI testing with Visual Studio 2013.
The hardest part was so many simultaneous demands on the part of management, where we had to work continuously plus weekends without any recognition. The most enjoyable part was that the team worked very well together.
Data Collector/Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2015
I found the people I worked with professional and the work super interesting. ICF gets a lot of great contracts and the HR staff is very supportive and helpful.
If your hoping to make a 'career' in this company.. DONT
OUTBOUND CALL AGENT (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAMay 20, 2015
Pros: decent hourly pay for this area
Cons: no communications between management and employees, can not count on the company to stick with what they tell you, no real benifit to working with or for this company
This company is for the 'company' and does nothing to motivate, encourage or reward the employees. They also do not stick with the agreements they make with their employees. I accepted a position in the outbound call department with the understanding, head of HR was present at this time, that I could ONLY work daytime hours due to my transportation arrangement and not 3months after doing so I was placed on night time shift which caused an attendance issue and termination! I had worked for this company for a little over 3yrs and this is how they treated me, even received 'employee of the month and high production certificates and this is how they rewarded me.
productive and fun workplace
Survey Researcher (Current Employee), Martinsville, VAMay 14, 2015
Working at ICF international is really interesting. there are lots of opportunities to move up to different job positions in a matter of months.
Never take someone's word. Make your own!
Data Entry/Customer Service (Current Employee), MartinsvilleMay 12, 2015
Pros: Managment
Cons: Managment
This is a fortune 500 company which has Great International locations and career opportunities and they are always looking to hire. The locations you able to go depend on you experience and general knowledge. The more documentation (diplomas and degrees) you can present the better. If you cannot present any of that - than like usually much, much hard work can land you a position you are looking for. Or the less favorable route....its all in who you know. Training is key right now as well as first and finals.
Just OK
Research Assistant (Former Employee), CAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Work life balance is good if you defend your time off
Cons: Compensation, professional development, lack of basic respect shown
Far too much middle management. Upper management is completely disconnected from the rest of the company. Communication is poor.
Great Work Atmosphere
Energy Efficiency Intern (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2015
Excellent company to work for! Throughly enjoy working with an excellent team of professionals. The company allows flexible schedules, and encourages team building exercises. The team works hard to reach the goals of the customers, and exceed those goals on a monthly bases.
easy job if you don't mind getting cussed out on a daily basis
Survey research (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAApril 22, 2015
Pros: sitting down all day, great breaks, good pay
Cons: very rare chance of getting benefits, mandatory weekends
The job was fun as far as researching projects you were on and preparing rebuttals for when respondents asked questions such as "why are you calling me 8 times a day?" I learned how to persuade people to take surveys which is mentally challenging especially with non-cooperative people. Co-workers were great. There was a slim to none chance of getting any kind of benefits and weekends were mandantory, Progressing in the company is nearly impossible.
Terrible place to work.
Computer Surveyor (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Office job.
Cons: Management sucked. Poor communication.
HATE HATE HATE working there. So unprofessional and unorganized management. I worked through a temp service n we were promised we would get hired on if we made production. Never did. And they fired us after their peak season.
ICF accumulates a large amount of really high level employees who are great to work with.
Operations Center Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Good company mission
Cons: advancement is difficult
Freedom is given to use you skills and experience to succeed in your current position with the company. Avenues to advance have so far been difficult to discover.
Great job it was temporary
Housing Advisor (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Location, salary, equipment
Cons: Temporary job
Really enjoyed the job. I would have loved to continued working there but the job was temporary. I enjoyed working with clients and managing their cases and providing information about the program.
Great place to start out
Senior Associate (Current Employee), fairfax, vaMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: poor compensation
ICF is a great place to start out. If you are willing to work hard and take initiative you will be rewarded with increased responsibilities. Compensation is poor, however.
No room for advancement
Research Technician (Current Employee), Martinsville, VAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: more than minimum wage
Cons: no way for advancement, condescending management
Unfortunately, there is not much room for improvement at ICF. They don't offer ways to excel within the company and also never offer any incentives to their employees.
Headquarters