ICF International Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 26, 2016
The worst place to work for. They do not value there employees at all. The pay is horrible. The do not offer pay raises but give you new titles and expect for you to be content and do it for the low pay. The supervisors are horrible!! There was only one decent sup in there. They don't know what they are doing. When you ask questions they make stuff up and when you show them they are wrong they still expect you to listen and do what they say. They contradict there selves a lot. Very hostile work environment. No benefits of perks of working with them. They constantly put you down. You can be an excellent performer and they will look you in your face and say. Now you need to perform higher. They recently had / training classes of 12 ppl and out of those two training classes there is probably 4 ppl still employed. I've never worked in a office were everyone hates the job and the managers. They don't allow u to speak to fellow colleagues. If they see you are getting close they separate you. You are not allowed to talk. I honestly could keep going on but I would be here for days.
Cons
Company that does not reward employees' hard work
Researc Technician (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMay 25, 2016
Promises never fulfilled. Company fires people for no legitimate reasons. Buddy system for promotions. Apply only if desperate.
Walk Away...no...RUN Away
Overworked/Underpaid Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMay 25, 2016
Every year, they lay off a large number of employees because the company is "over budget". How does this happen? You go in everyday worried if you will make it. Every time you miss a goal or make a minor mistake, they overreact and remind you of the previous "D-Day". Management overreacts to everything and they fire folks for no rhyme and reason and then run and hire temps. If you want piece of mind, don't come here. I've worked at a lot of places and never seen a place Like this.
Gross Unprofessionalism
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 9, 2016
Their handling of the closure of the Burlington, Vermont call center was grossly unprofessional, and the way that they treated employees, especially long-term ones, was disgraceful.
Technical and Friendly Work Environment
Technical Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2016
ICF International is a contracting company that deals primarily with the federal government. Everyone is very friendly at ICF and willing to help. Overall ICF has a wonderful office environment and is very relaxed; however because ICF is a federal contracting company the majority of an employees time is not spent at ICF (which is a great place to work with nice people) but at federal client sites. The atmosphere that an employee ends up in depends on the project they are on and the feeling of the client site.
Pros
Excellent employees, Managers who really care for their people, hands on training
Cons
All positions are for federal contractor, employees are stuck offsite in hostile client situtations
Ugh
Comunication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 1, 2016
Not a fun place to work and no communication for a so called communication firm. I could not recommend this firm. No respect for employees or job security.
Pros
Cons
Atmosphere
You'll be underpaid and undervalued
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 12, 2016
Have you seen Office Space? It's kind of like that. You better get your billable hours in, but not too many to the same charge code, or you'll be hearing from someone... During the 2013 Government Shutdown, they made their employees use vacation and unpaid leave if they couldn't find work (which was most of us). Pretty much sums it up. Basically, all they care about is how billable you are, so there's absolutely zero office culture (until happy hour when people would bond over how awful it was), and their year-end raises were laughable. DO NOT WORK HERE if you can help it.
Pros
free coffee, not long hours
Cons
low pay, no advancement, zero culture
Horrible and no training
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAApril 8, 2016
The worst place I have worked in my entire life. No organization, no training and most of the Supervisors dont know anything either. Typical day starts totally unorganized. Co-workers were good people but its the environment. The hardest part is no training and they expect for you to do YOUR JOB. They just started a child support call center with a contract for the State of Maryland and again THEY DONT KNOW ANYTHING so how can you train when you dont know yourself and the Supervisors have the audacity to coach you when again they are totally worthless. They do not offer holiday pay at all. The lied in the interview. It is no future there so I quit. I was miserable
Pros
Cons
the whole situation
good company to start with
Quantitative Programmer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2016
Expertise with Java and its technologies relating to web development (JSP, Servlets). We are looking for a Java developer to help us execute our innovation.
Employees Expendable, Top Heavy, Bad Managers
Senior Marketing Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 28, 2016
Very low annual pay increases (on average 1.5%). Autonomous work culture. Only great situation if you are at Principal or VP level...everyone else do not get pay raises.
Pros
Great telecommuting tossibilities (depending on work group)
Cons
Low Pay, Extremely Low Raises, Very Rare Low Bonus Structure, Slow Promotion, Poor, expensive healthcare plans
ICF Work Experience Review
Internal Consulting Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 26, 2016
The company has many different groups. Your work experience here is very much depend on the team you are involved with. In general, there is a good wok/life balance but not enough inspiring work. The management team is not strong either.
Productive and fun work team
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2016
This was one of the best companies I have ever had the pleasure to be employed. I did not like the travel which is why I left.
Flexible work schedule
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 18, 2016
Flexible work schedule to contact residents to participate in study. Sometimes challenging to contact residents and to get them to participate. Enjoyed interacting with participants.
Productive and energetic office environment
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2016
This was one of the greatest experiences of my work life. The managers as well as the executives believe in hard work and celebrating the earned success of hard working team. I learned a lot of professional work culture and how to effectively get things done without supervision but still meeting deadlines.
Pros
Team lunch, meetings, and flexibility of hours
Professional and friendly work environment
Administrative Assistant to the VP (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 9, 2016
ICF recently went through a rebranding. Their staff is dedicated and hard working. People stay at ICF long term. I was part time and did not seek a full time opportunity there since the commute was too far for me. I think the management is excellent. Unfortunately my boss was laid off and my position therefore was no longer needed. I enjoyed my time while I was there and think highly of the human resources staff.
Pros
High level and productive executives
Cons
Traffic around this location is tough. They do not have many opportunities for advancement.
posting
N/A (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 2, 2016
I am in search of employment and your posting are very hard to work with to select the right position for me and you. Whomever is posting your job listing NEEDS to put the area (city/state) where the posting belongs to.
Thank you.
Cons
Unable to post position properly.
Overworked and underpaid
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 26, 2016
They are so busy buying other companies, they are hemorrhaging money. They don't fill vacant positions and expect other employees to work 7 days per week to fill the gap. Extremely low pay and very little advancement potential. They have no loyalty towards current employees and will replace you with someone who will take less money, if they replace you at all.
Pros
Cons
Overworked and Underpaid
a good place to work for work experience while attending college
Operations center research agent (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJanuary 31, 2016
A good place to work if you need experience and money while attending college and getting back on your feet. I would not consider this a place for permanent or long term employment.
Pros
15 min breaks every 2 hours
Cons
management is aloof not very sociable
Sky's the Limit
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 26, 2016
I spent 15 years at ICF in total. I left and came back...and left again. If you are willing to work hard, you produce great results, and you're willing to take some chances, you can go far here. I and many, many people I worked with, built careers here with a lot of advancement over time. I could name 20 people who started out near the bottom and worked their way up to VP. ICF is known for having really smart people, so there is stiff competition to get choice assignments and stand out in the crowd. Salary increases are not always large, but if you stay the course and continue to deliver, you'll get promoted and the money will eventually follow. Plus, there are several focus areas and a ton of projects, so if you don't ask permission too much and just take on as much as you can handle, you can learn a whole lot about your favorite subject and management in general.
0 Advancement and the current management (3 of 4) have been burned
Call center Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2016
The Staff is for the most part amazing, it's a college or in between job while looking for something better. The Project deadlines are never met and the boss is always pushing for more to be done.
Pros
Free Coffee and Tea, make your own schedual, Swing Shift
Cons
Short Breaks, impossible deadlines, and punished/reworded for what can only be called random luck