ICF International

ICF International Employer Reviews

Was a fun and professional environment.
Customer Service/Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Rockville, MDNovember 18, 2014
On a typical day, filing was expected to be done by 9:00AM. It taught me that I had to manage my time do to the fast pace nature of the department I worked in. My coworkers worked very hard, so we all expected each other to work as a team, making sure deadlines were met. The hardest part of the job was doing multiple projects all at once. There would – more... be times where we had deadlines to meet, while we were being trained on more new projects. The most enjoyable part is seeing everything become a success. – less
Not a place for professional development/advancement
Associate (Current Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: healthcare, pto, compensation.
ICF is a good company if you are hired on at a high level. For those who join ICF out of college, the ability to advance, both professionally and in terms of compensation or benefits, are limited. Culture and job work/life balance is also very dependent on whatever group, or "Line of Business" you are a part of. For example, the culture and opportunities – more... for advancement in the Energy division may differ greatly from a group in the Health and Education division. For staff coming to ICF right out of college, the work experience and connections you will make here are very beneficial for about two years. Then I would suggest either going back to school or seeking employment opportunities elsewhere. – less
Diverse
Office Manager (Current Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: you get to work by yourself
Cons: on-call, part time
If you are looking for a organization that has great diversity in every aspect, ICF International would be a great fit for you. The down part of this company is that it operates on Grants and they often run out of funds before a project is completed.
better at the top
Programmer/Data Analyst (Current Employee), USANovember 15, 2014
If you're at a high-level position, stay there for the long haul. if you're a low-level employee, don't stay there any longer than 3 years.
Great Place to work at.
Software Design Activity Project Lead (Current Employee), Wpafb, OHNovember 10, 2014
Pros: management wants to hear from you as a employee
Cons: remote so at times you feel left out from hq.
I have been employed for 14 months so far. I do not regret moving from my last job as much as I thought I would. Management makes you feel like a valuable asset.
Potential growth, but too many variables with middle and upper management
Configuration Management Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VANovember 4, 2014
Pros: potential growth, decent work-life balance
Cons: poor compensations and benefits; little to no company culture
ICF is a company that's been on the up for the past several years, but more importantly this growth has been continuous and consistent over that period of time, which to me is a good indication.

Unfortunately, much of this said growth may depend on the individual divisions. Some groups and divisions have shown growth that is reflective of the company – more... as a whole, but if you're in a part of a group/division that doesn't pull as much weight, it can be frustrating to watch.

Having been part of numerous projects so far, I have yet to be part of a ICF-led project.; they have all been as a subcontractor, meaning the prime dictates nearly every aspect. I have yet to experience first hand what ICF's "culture and values" really are. – less
Employees Friendly company growing immensely but..........
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 26, 2014
ICF is a very wonderful place to work for as far as the benefits and employee friendly atmosphere. However, it is growing so quickly and they are not building the staff to grow with the work which causes a lot of stress. I wish I had all but wonderful things to say about ICF because it was a nice place to work but unfortunately in the end, there is – more... absolutely no loyalty. – less
Great Company, lots of oppurtunity
anonymous (Current Employee), United StatesOctober 23, 2014
ICF is a great company that is growing and growing fast! Plenty of potential opportunity for seasoned professionals and individuals entering the job market for the first time.
Horrible Management
Operations Center Agent (Current Employee), Martinsville, VAOctober 20, 2014
Unorganized organization management also very unorganized
Grant Reviewer:
Grant Reviewer, Quality Control (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 18, 2014
Grant Reviewer: Verified required documents, valid Identified missing information
for completion, Complete in timely & with accuracy in preparing required forms.
Quality Control (QC): Monitored Pipeline Logged all actions taken (Pass or Fail) in
Jira, Pass/Fail files by managing errors. Communicated with staff & managers
Post Closer: Reviewed file for – more... completion, accuracy. Prepared & uploaded
instructions for closing.
ACT Reviewer: Implemented due diligence conducting research with wide range of
documents Included, Market Analysis, etc. – less
Great company for work/life balance
Contracts Administrator II (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 8, 2014
Overall, this is a great company. Room for growth and lots to learn. Management promote a good work/life balance.
REVIEWED AND APPROVED EXP REPORTS & ENTERED ACCTS PAYABLE INTO SYSTEM.
Financial Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: coffee or desserts every so often
Cons: bought out by icf and culture changed drastically
WORKED PART TIME REVIEWING AND APPROVING WORLDWIDE EXPENSE REPORTS AND REVIEWING AND ENTERING ACCTS PAYABLE IN THEIR FINANCIAL SYSTEM - COSTPOINT. PEOPLE WITH ICF-ATLANTA ARE OUTSTANDING. HAD A PRIVATE OFFICE. PEOPLE WERE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB.
Good place to learn new skills
Travel Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 30, 2014
The company consults in a range of different sectors, it's a great place for a young professional to start their careers and learn new skills.
Telecommute and flexibility
Sr. Technical Assistance Specialist, DTAC (Former Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: telework
Cons: need more vacation time
I worked with a great team of professionals in the disaster behavioral health field.
ICF
Senior Project Manager, Program Support Center (Former Employee), Rockville, MDSeptember 25, 2014
The culture was great. The project team resources were very constrained due to low bidding contract which created long days consistently requiring 60+ hours a week for project success.
Unlimited resources
Research Technician (Former Employee), Martinsville, VirginiaSeptember 22, 2014
The pay wasn't acceptable for all the tasks that I had to perform daily. I received calls for eleven different programs as well as did data entry in between calls. The management was very sub-par. The management weren't the least bit organized. Overall, the relationship that was made with co-workers was great. I was able to expand my knowledge on some – more... things as well. – less
Great Place to Work!
Research Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 22, 2014
ICF is a great place to work with amazing people and good work environment. The people are friendly and my boss is a great mentor. Would recommend anyone to a job at the firm in a second!
Dysfunctional management
Buyer (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: colleagues
Cons: management
Lack of teamwork and vision create interdepartmental aggression. I would recommend looking elsewhere. Smart people compete with external consultants and processes are not followed
Rewarding work, little job security
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: decent work-life balance.
Cons: no job security.
I enjoyed working with my clients and co-workers, and was able to provide quality deliverables to clients. Management encourages you to stay with the company, assures you that additional work will be available at the end of the contract then lets you go. It's a typical for-profit company- it's all about the money.
Unorganized
Research Technician (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAAugust 20, 2014
The management were very unorganized and did nt have very good communication skills with the workers on the floor. Workers rarely knew what was going on within the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About ICF International

ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas – Read more

ICF International Photos