ICF International

ICF International Employee Reviews

If your hoping to make a 'career' in this company.. DONT
OUTBOUND CALL AGENT (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAMay 20, 2015
Pros: decent hourly pay for this area
Cons: no communications between management and employees, can not count on the company to stick with what they tell you, no real benifit to working with or for this company
This company is for the 'company' and does nothing to motivate, encourage or reward the employees. They also do not stick with the agreements they make with their employees. I accepted a position in the outbound call department with the understanding, head of HR was present at this time, that I could ONLY work daytime hours due to my transportation arrangement and not 3months after doing so I was placed on night time shift which caused an attendance issue and termination! I had worked for this company for a little over 3yrs and this is how they treated me, even received 'employee of the month and high production certificates and this is how they rewarded me.
productive and fun workplace
Survey Researcher (Current Employee), Martinsville, VAMay 14, 2015
Working at ICF international is really interesting. there are lots of opportunities to move up to different job positions in a matter of months.
Never take someone's word. Make your own!
Data Entry/Customer Service (Current Employee), MartinsvilleMay 12, 2015
Pros: Managment
Cons: Managment
This is a fortune 500 company which has Great International locations and career opportunities and they are always looking to hire. The locations you able to go depend on you experience and general knowledge. The more documentation (diplomas and degrees) you can present the better. If you cannot present any of that - than like usually much, much hard work can land you a position you are looking for. Or the less favorable route....its all in who you know. Training is key right now as well as first and finals.
Just OK
Research Assistant (Former Employee), CAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Work life balance is good if you defend your time off
Cons: Compensation, professional development, lack of basic respect shown
Far too much middle management. Upper management is completely disconnected from the rest of the company. Communication is poor.
Great Work Atmosphere
Energy Efficiency Intern (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2015
Excellent company to work for! Throughly enjoy working with an excellent team of professionals. The company allows flexible schedules, and encourages team building exercises. The team works hard to reach the goals of the customers, and exceed those goals on a monthly bases.
easy job if you don't mind getting cussed out on a daily basis
Survey research (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAApril 22, 2015
Pros: sitting down all day, great breaks, good pay
Cons: very rare chance of getting benefits, mandatory weekends
The job was fun as far as researching projects you were on and preparing rebuttals for when respondents asked questions such as "why are you calling me 8 times a day?" I learned how to persuade people to take surveys which is mentally challenging especially with non-cooperative people. Co-workers were great. There was a slim to none chance of getting any kind of benefits and weekends were mandantory, Progressing in the company is nearly impossible.
Terrible place to work.
Computer Surveyor (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Office job.
Cons: Management sucked. Poor communication.
HATE HATE HATE working there. So unprofessional and unorganized management. I worked through a temp service n we were promised we would get hired on if we made production. Never did. And they fired us after their peak season.
ICF accumulates a large amount of really high level employees who are great to work with.
Operations Center Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Good company mission
Cons: advancement is difficult
Freedom is given to use you skills and experience to succeed in your current position with the company. Avenues to advance have so far been difficult to discover.
Great job it was temporary
Housing Advisor (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Location, salary, equipment
Cons: Temporary job
Really enjoyed the job. I would have loved to continued working there but the job was temporary. I enjoyed working with clients and managing their cases and providing information about the program.
Great place to start out
Senior Associate (Current Employee), fairfax, vaMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: poor compensation
ICF is a great place to start out. If you are willing to work hard and take initiative you will be rewarded with increased responsibilities. Compensation is poor, however.
No room for advancement
Research Technician (Current Employee), Martinsville, VAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: more than minimum wage
Cons: no way for advancement, condescending management
Unfortunately, there is not much room for improvement at ICF. They don't offer ways to excel within the company and also never offer any incentives to their employees.
Pretty solid company, no upward mobility
Senior Associate (Current Employee), washington, dcMarch 9, 2015
Nothing exceptional about ICF. Lots of corporate hoops to jump through. No upward mobility that I have seen. Very nice holiday party.
Supportive and Well-Rounded Environment
Project Manager, FDIC, ICAM Program (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 5, 2015
I have worked for ICF International for almost 8 years in various project coordination and program management roles. I have worked with several large federal agencies implementing and managing their ICAM, HSPD-12 and physical access programs. While I have spent minimal time in the corporate environment of my company, ICF has always provided me the necessary resources to support my client and acheive my personal goals. ICF is incredible company that has cultivated the personal and professional success of its' employees.
Typical Day
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 13, 2015
Basically go into work, check emails to see if any modifications, new contracts, new task orders have arrived. Email or call program managers to discuss the contracts and what needs to get done.
Excellent organization
Data Collector (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 13, 2015
Data collection for the Department of Education Youth Health Risk Survey. I compiled materials for data collection for administering the surveys to students in Jr. High and High School throughout Phoenix and Northern Arizona.
Great Job
Agent (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYFebruary 13, 2015
My duties included calling residents of the US to conduct research studies mainly for the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. These studies would help improve health services & programs based on the attitudes, opinions & statistical facts of the residents within each state. The study was called BRFSS (Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System), it was ran for almost all of these United States.
A great office space with very smart, caring management and co-workers.
Administrative Assistant/Reception (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: teamwork, company gatherings, a sense of comaradory
Cons: occasional miscommunications between departments
ICF has a great working environment. The management is serious, but very caring and approachable. Being an environmental consulting firm with multiple departments, every day could be a different experience. I enjoyed that though, I like to keep busy and there was always a project going on in one sect or another. I truly enjoyed learning about different environmental issues and procedures. I was lucky enough to work on projects with the Communications department, archaeology, energy efficiency, and assisting in the development of proposals. There was always something new to learn.
The company really valued their employees and would save funds to throw events, from something as big as an elaborate holiday party to a simple birthday lunch each month.
I enjoyed getting to know my co-workers and assisting them wherever possible. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the best, the spontaneity. I'm always willing to help, but some of the projects were new to me and on a strict deadline which could be stressful. That being said, I am thankful for the learning experience and the push they gave me to strive and adapt quickly.
All-in-all, I highly recommend ICF as an employer.
Mixed feedback
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule; diverse projects; smart, hardworking colleagues
Cons: low pay; no overtime; too much focus on utilization
Great starter job with a chance to work on a lot of diverse projects with smart, hardworking, and motivated colleagues; flexible schedules, including the opportunity to work from home occasionally
smart co-workers, challenging projects
vice president (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 30, 2015
a great place to work if you are highly adaptable and self-directed. fast growth provides amazing opportunities for people with the right skills and disposition.
Incredibly unorganized
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Martinsville, VaJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: they do pay you
Cons: pretty much everything imaginable.
ICF Martinsville is an incredibly unorganized company where favoritism rules the day. I worked for this company for 3 1/2 years and I honestly have nothing good to say about it. Management treats their employees like trash and communication is nonexistent. If your family is starving then by all means, go work there. If not, I'd flip hamburgers before I would ever work there again.

1 2 3 4 5

About ICF International

ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas – Read more

ICF International Salaries