ICF International

ICF International Employer Reviews

Typical Day
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 13, 2015
Basically go into work, check emails to see if any modifications, new contracts, new task orders have arrived. Email or call program managers to discuss the contracts and what needs to get done.
Excellent organization
Data Collector (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 13, 2015
Data collection for the Department of Education Youth Health Risk Survey. I compiled materials for data collection for administering the surveys to students in Jr. High and High School throughout Phoenix and Northern Arizona.
Great Job
Agent (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYFebruary 13, 2015
My duties included calling residents of the US to conduct research studies mainly for the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. These studies would help improve health services & programs based on the attitudes, opinions & statistical facts of the residents within each state. The study was called BRFSS (Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System), it was ran for almost all of these United States.
A great office space with very smart, caring management and co-workers.
Administrative Assistant/Reception (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: teamwork, company gatherings, a sense of comaradory
Cons: occasional miscommunications between departments
ICF has a great working environment. The management is serious, but very caring and approachable. Being an environmental consulting firm with multiple departments, every day could be a different experience. I enjoyed that though, I like to keep busy and there was always a project going on in one sect or another. I truly enjoyed learning about different environmental issues and procedures. I was lucky enough to work on projects with the Communications department, archaeology, energy efficiency, and assisting in the development of proposals. There was always something new to learn.
The company really valued their employees and would save funds to throw events, from something as big as an elaborate holiday party to a simple birthday lunch each month.
I enjoyed getting to know my co-workers and assisting them wherever possible. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the best, the spontaneity. I'm always willing to help, but some of the projects were new to me and on a strict deadline which could be stressful. That being said, I am thankful for the learning experience and the push they gave me to strive and adapt quickly.
All-in-all, I highly recommend ICF as an employer.
Mixed feedback
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule; diverse projects; smart, hardworking colleagues
Cons: low pay; no overtime; too much focus on utilization
Great starter job with a chance to work on a lot of diverse projects with smart, hardworking, and motivated colleagues; flexible schedules, including the opportunity to work from home occasionally
smart co-workers, challenging projects
vice president (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 30, 2015
a great place to work if you are highly adaptable and self-directed. fast growth provides amazing opportunities for people with the right skills and disposition.
Incredibly unorganized
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Martinsville, VaJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: they do pay you
Cons: pretty much everything imaginable.
ICF Martinsville is an incredibly unorganized company where favoritism rules the day. I worked for this company for 3 1/2 years and I honestly have nothing good to say about it. Management treats their employees like trash and communication is nonexistent. If your family is starving then by all means, go work there. If not, I'd flip hamburgers before I would ever work there again.
I would not recommend
Writer/Editor (Former Employee), MarylandJanuary 25, 2015
Cons: management
They've gone through a lot of changes. They got rid of a lot of people around 2012-13 and started hiring a lot of young people.

I initially enjoyed my job, but things changed drastically. Instead of a conflict being handled professionally, I was mobbed (adult bullying). The supervisor turned everyone against me and HR was complicit. And, now, despite leaving the company, it has continued (now referred to as 'harassment by proxy' or community-based harassment).

I can't go into details but suffice it to say it's a nightmare.
I would not recommend
Operation Agent (Current Employee), Martinsville, VAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: sit down call cent job
Cons: no structe or organization, no chance for advancement
ICF used to be a well establish place to work. Since November of 2013 it has went down hill. There is no job security, no organization or structure, and no chance for advancement for most employees. They have cut hours and even we full time employees are only getting 15-28 hours a week. The benefits are far from good. The insurance is the bare minimum with ridiculous deductions and high monthly payments. You have to wait until you get hire full time before you get vacation pay and you have to wait a year after to get hired to accumulate a week of vacation. The ones who excel at the job have no been given any recognition or chance for advancement. I would not recommend ICF to anyone.
Varies by group and division, but overall good company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 29, 2014
Pros: lots of professional development opportunities, telecommuting options
Cons: undercompensated, few holidays/pto, consistent communication
Have worked here for a few years. Have seen many people come and go, mostly due to contract changeover, and subsequent lack of placement for those impacted. Typical stereotype for many who are "stuck in middle management" and inconsistent messaging on what it takes to advance. HOWEVER, I haven't met a colleague that is not driven to work hard and perform. ICF attracts very motivated and high-performing folks....retaining them can be problematic. Great work-life balance. Many telecommuters and remote employees. Nice facilities. Have learned many facets of the business, from business development, to contracting, to project management. Great internal professional development opportunities. Hardest part of the job - feeling secure (it IS mostly contracting after all).
Flexible hours
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: personal leave of absents--up to 90 days a year
Cons: no-benefits
Averaging 150 to 300 calls a day depending on studies & completes..
How to set-up & use other computer programs..Management was below average..My co-workers were the best..Fighting refusuals & getting cursed out everyday..Getting completes that were easy flowing when the respondents knew & understood the survey..
Good Company
Associate Project and Program Manager (Former Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 9, 2014
Pros: free monthly lunches
Cons: out of touch corporate infrastructure
This is a pretty good company to work for. I learned new stuff everyday. Was able to build great products and meet client requirements.
Was a fun and professional environment.
Customer Service/Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Rockville, MDNovember 18, 2014
On a typical day, filing was expected to be done by 9:00AM. It taught me that I had to manage my time do to the fast pace nature of the department I worked in. My coworkers worked very hard, so we all expected each other to work as a team, making sure deadlines were met. The hardest part of the job was doing multiple projects all at once. There would be times where we had deadlines to meet, while we were being trained on more new projects. The most enjoyable part is seeing everything become a success.
Not a place for professional development/advancement
Associate (Current Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: healthcare, pto, compensation.
ICF is a good company if you are hired on at a high level. For those who join ICF out of college, the ability to advance, both professionally and in terms of compensation or benefits, are limited. Culture and job work/life balance is also very dependent on whatever group, or "Line of Business" you are a part of. For example, the culture and opportunities for advancement in the Energy division may differ greatly from a group in the Health and Education division. For staff coming to ICF right out of college, the work experience and connections you will make here are very beneficial for about two years. Then I would suggest either going back to school or seeking employment opportunities elsewhere.
Diverse
Office Manager (Current Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: you get to work by yourself
Cons: on-call, part time
If you are looking for a organization that has great diversity in every aspect, ICF International would be a great fit for you. The down part of this company is that it operates on Grants and they often run out of funds before a project is completed.
better at the top
Programmer/Data Analyst (Current Employee), USANovember 15, 2014
If you're at a high-level position, stay there for the long haul. if you're a low-level employee, don't stay there any longer than 3 years.
Great Place to work at.
Software Design Activity Project Lead (Current Employee), Wpafb, OHNovember 10, 2014
Pros: management wants to hear from you as a employee
Cons: remote so at times you feel left out from hq.
I have been employed for 14 months so far. I do not regret moving from my last job as much as I thought I would. Management makes you feel like a valuable asset.
Potential growth, but too many variables with middle and upper management
Configuration Management Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VANovember 4, 2014
Pros: potential growth, decent work-life balance
Cons: poor compensations and benefits; little to no company culture
ICF is a company that's been on the up for the past several years, but more importantly this growth has been continuous and consistent over that period of time, which to me is a good indication.

Unfortunately, much of this said growth may depend on the individual divisions. Some groups and divisions have shown growth that is reflective of the company as a whole, but if you're in a part of a group/division that doesn't pull as much weight, it can be frustrating to watch.

Having been part of numerous projects so far, I have yet to be part of a ICF-led project.; they have all been as a subcontractor, meaning the prime dictates nearly every aspect. I have yet to experience first hand what ICF's "culture and values" really are.
Employees Friendly company growing immensely but..........
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 26, 2014
ICF is a very wonderful place to work for as far as the benefits and employee friendly atmosphere. However, it is growing so quickly and they are not building the staff to grow with the work which causes a lot of stress. I wish I had all but wonderful things to say about ICF because it was a nice place to work but unfortunately in the end, there is absolutely no loyalty.
Great Company, lots of oppurtunity
anonymous (Current Employee), United StatesOctober 23, 2014
ICF is a great company that is growing and growing fast! Plenty of potential opportunity for seasoned professionals and individuals entering the job market for the first time.

1 2 3 4 5

About ICF International

ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas – Read more

ICF International Photos