ICF International

ICF International United States Employee Reviews

easy job if you don't mind getting cussed out on a daily basis
Survey research (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAApril 22, 2015
Pros: sitting down all day, great breaks, good pay
Cons: very rare chance of getting benefits, mandatory weekends
The job was fun as far as researching projects you were on and preparing rebuttals for when respondents asked questions such as "why are you calling me 8 times a day?" I learned how to persuade people to take surveys which is mentally challenging especially with non-cooperative people. Co-workers were great. There was a slim to none chance of getting any kind of benefits and weekends were mandantory, Progressing in the company is nearly impossible.
Terrible place to work.
Computer Surveyor (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Office job.
Cons: Management sucked. Poor communication.
HATE HATE HATE working there. So unprofessional and unorganized management. I worked through a temp service n we were promised we would get hired on if we made production. Never did. And they fired us after their peak season.
ICF accumulates a large amount of really high level employees who are great to work with.
Operations Center Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Good company mission
Cons: advancement is difficult
Freedom is given to use you skills and experience to succeed in your current position with the company. Avenues to advance have so far been difficult to discover.
Great job it was temporary
Housing Advisor (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Location, salary, equipment
Cons: Temporary job
Really enjoyed the job. I would have loved to continued working there but the job was temporary. I enjoyed working with clients and managing their cases and providing information about the program.
Great place to start out
Senior Associate (Current Employee), fairfax, vaMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: poor compensation
ICF is a great place to start out. If you are willing to work hard and take initiative you will be rewarded with increased responsibilities. Compensation is poor, however.
No room for advancement
Research Technician (Current Employee), Martinsville, VAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: more than minimum wage
Cons: no way for advancement, condescending management
Unfortunately, there is not much room for improvement at ICF. They don't offer ways to excel within the company and also never offer any incentives to their employees.
Pretty solid company, no upward mobility
Senior Associate (Current Employee), washington, dcMarch 9, 2015
Nothing exceptional about ICF. Lots of corporate hoops to jump through. No upward mobility that I have seen. Very nice holiday party.
Supportive and Well-Rounded Environment
Project Manager, FDIC, ICAM Program (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 5, 2015
I have worked for ICF International for almost 8 years in various project coordination and program management roles. I have worked with several large federal agencies implementing and managing their ICAM, HSPD-12 and physical access programs. While I have spent minimal time in the corporate environment of my company, ICF has always provided me the necessary resources to support my client and acheive my personal goals. ICF is incredible company that has cultivated the personal and professional success of its' employees.
Typical Day
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 13, 2015
Basically go into work, check emails to see if any modifications, new contracts, new task orders have arrived. Email or call program managers to discuss the contracts and what needs to get done.
Excellent organization
Data Collector (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 13, 2015
Data collection for the Department of Education Youth Health Risk Survey. I compiled materials for data collection for administering the surveys to students in Jr. High and High School throughout Phoenix and Northern Arizona.
Great Job
Agent (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYFebruary 13, 2015
My duties included calling residents of the US to conduct research studies mainly for the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. These studies would help improve health services & programs based on the attitudes, opinions & statistical facts of the residents within each state. The study was called BRFSS (Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System), it was ran for almost all of these United States.
A great office space with very smart, caring management and co-workers.
Administrative Assistant/Reception (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: teamwork, company gatherings, a sense of comaradory
Cons: occasional miscommunications between departments
ICF has a great working environment. The management is serious, but very caring and approachable. Being an environmental consulting firm with multiple departments, every day could be a different experience. I enjoyed that though, I like to keep busy and there was always a project going on in one sect or another. I truly enjoyed learning about different environmental issues and procedures. I was lucky enough to work on projects with the Communications department, archaeology, energy efficiency, and assisting in the development of proposals. There was always something new to learn.
The company really valued their employees and would save funds to throw events, from something as big as an elaborate holiday party to a simple birthday lunch each month.
I enjoyed getting to know my co-workers and assisting them wherever possible. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the best, the spontaneity. I'm always willing to help, but some of the projects were new to me and on a strict deadline which could be stressful. That being said, I am thankful for the learning experience and the push they gave me to strive and adapt quickly.
All-in-all, I highly recommend ICF as an employer.
Mixed feedback
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule; diverse projects; smart, hardworking colleagues
Cons: low pay; no overtime; too much focus on utilization
Great starter job with a chance to work on a lot of diverse projects with smart, hardworking, and motivated colleagues; flexible schedules, including the opportunity to work from home occasionally
smart co-workers, challenging projects
vice president (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 30, 2015
a great place to work if you are highly adaptable and self-directed. fast growth provides amazing opportunities for people with the right skills and disposition.
Incredibly unorganized
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Martinsville, VaJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: they do pay you
Cons: pretty much everything imaginable.
ICF Martinsville is an incredibly unorganized company where favoritism rules the day. I worked for this company for 3 1/2 years and I honestly have nothing good to say about it. Management treats their employees like trash and communication is nonexistent. If your family is starving then by all means, go work there. If not, I'd flip hamburgers before I would ever work there again.
I would not recommend
Writer/Editor (Former Employee), MarylandJanuary 25, 2015
Cons: management
They've gone through a lot of changes. They got rid of a lot of people around 2012-13 and started hiring a lot of young people.

I initially enjoyed my job, but things changed drastically. Instead of a conflict being handled professionally, I was mobbed (adult bullying). The supervisor turned everyone against me and HR was complicit. And, now, despite leaving the company, it has continued (now referred to as 'harassment by proxy' or community-based harassment).

I can't go into details but suffice it to say it's a nightmare.
I would not recommend
Operation Agent (Current Employee), Martinsville, VAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: sit down call cent job
Cons: no structe or organization, no chance for advancement
ICF used to be a well establish place to work. Since November of 2013 it has went down hill. There is no job security, no organization or structure, and no chance for advancement for most employees. They have cut hours and even we full time employees are only getting 15-28 hours a week. The benefits are far from good. The insurance is the bare minimum with ridiculous deductions and high monthly payments. You have to wait until you get hire full time before you get vacation pay and you have to wait a year after to get hired to accumulate a week of vacation. The ones who excel at the job have no been given any recognition or chance for advancement. I would not recommend ICF to anyone.
Varies by group and division, but overall good company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 29, 2014
Pros: lots of professional development opportunities, telecommuting options
Cons: undercompensated, few holidays/pto, consistent communication
Have worked here for a few years. Have seen many people come and go, mostly due to contract changeover, and subsequent lack of placement for those impacted. Typical stereotype for many who are "stuck in middle management" and inconsistent messaging on what it takes to advance. HOWEVER, I haven't met a colleague that is not driven to work hard and perform. ICF attracts very motivated and high-performing folks....retaining them can be problematic. Great work-life balance. Many telecommuters and remote employees. Nice facilities. Have learned many facets of the business, from business development, to contracting, to project management. Great internal professional development opportunities. Hardest part of the job - feeling secure (it IS mostly contracting after all).
Flexible hours
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: personal leave of absents--up to 90 days a year
Cons: no-benefits
Averaging 150 to 300 calls a day depending on studies & completes..
How to set-up & use other computer programs..Management was below average..My co-workers were the best..Fighting refusuals & getting cursed out everyday..Getting completes that were easy flowing when the respondents knew & understood the survey..
Good Company
Associate Project and Program Manager (Former Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 9, 2014
Pros: free monthly lunches
Cons: out of touch corporate infrastructure
This is a pretty good company to work for. I learned new stuff everyday. Was able to build great products and meet client requirements.

1 2 3 4 5

About ICF International

ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas – Read more

ICF International Salaries