ICF International Employee Reviews in United States

ICF Work Experience Review
Internal Consulting Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 26, 2016
The company has many different groups. Your work experience here is very much depend on the team you are involved with. In general, there is a good wok/life balance but not enough inspiring work. The management team is not strong either.
Productive and fun work team
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2016
This was one of the best companies I have ever had the pleasure to be employed. I did not like the travel which is why I left.
Flexible work schedule
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 18, 2016
Flexible work schedule to contact residents to participate in study. Sometimes challenging to contact residents and to get them to participate. Enjoyed interacting with participants.
Productive and energetic office environment
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2016
This was one of the greatest experiences of my work life. The managers as well as the executives believe in hard work and celebrating the earned success of hard working team. I learned a lot of professional work culture and how to effectively get things done without supervision but still meeting deadlines.
Pros
Team lunch, meetings, and flexibility of hours
Professional and friendly work environment
Administrative Assistant to the VP (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 9, 2016
ICF recently went through a rebranding. Their staff is dedicated and hard working. People stay at ICF long term. I was part time and did not seek a full time opportunity there since the commute was too far for me. I think the management is excellent. Unfortunately my boss was laid off and my position therefore was no longer needed. I enjoyed my time while I was there and think highly of the human resources staff.
Pros
High level and productive executives
Cons
Traffic around this location is tough. They do not have many opportunities for advancement.
posting
N/A (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 2, 2016
I am in search of employment and your posting are very hard to work with to select the right position for me and you. Whomever is posting your job listing NEEDS to put the area (city/state) where the posting belongs to.
Thank you.
Cons
Unable to post position properly.
Overworked and underpaid
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 26, 2016
They are so busy buying other companies, they are hemorrhaging money. They don't fill vacant positions and expect other employees to work 7 days per week to fill the gap. Extremely low pay and very little advancement potential. They have no loyalty towards current employees and will replace you with someone who will take less money, if they replace you at all.
Pros
Cons
Overworked and Underpaid
a good place to work for work experience while attending college
Operations center research agent (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJanuary 31, 2016
A good place to work if you need experience and money while attending college and getting back on your feet. I would not consider this a place for permanent or long term employment.
Pros
15 min breaks every 2 hours
Cons
management is aloof not very sociable
Sky's the Limit
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 26, 2016
I spent 15 years at ICF in total. I left and came back...and left again. If you are willing to work hard, you produce great results, and you're willing to take some chances, you can go far here. I and many, many people I worked with, built careers here with a lot of advancement over time. I could name 20 people who started out near the bottom and worked their way up to VP. ICF is known for having really smart people, so there is stiff competition to get choice assignments and stand out in the crowd. Salary increases are not always large, but if you stay the course and continue to deliver, you'll get promoted and the money will eventually follow. Plus, there are several focus areas and a ton of projects, so if you don't ask permission too much and just take on as much as you can handle, you can learn a whole lot about your favorite subject and management in general.
0 Advancement and the current management (3 of 4) have been burned
Call center Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2016
The Staff is for the most part amazing, it's a college or in between job while looking for something better. The Project deadlines are never met and the boss is always pushing for more to be done.
Pros
Free Coffee and Tea, make your own schedual, Swing Shift
Cons
Short Breaks, impossible deadlines, and punished/reworded for what can only be called random luck
Good place to work with open schedule.
Bilingual Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 8, 2016
ICF is a good company located in downtown Seattle, I enjoy their call center with variety of people from different skills.

We conduct interviews to people on surveys on behalf of Washington State Department of Health Services.
Pros
Seattle Downtown area
Cons
No benefits.
Run for the hills
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 30, 2015
Working in the accounting department of ICF has been insanely awful. Management seemingly has no idea what they want and care very little for employees under Director level. They continue to lie and let employees go saying that they need to downsize for financial reasons and yet will create new Director positions shortly afterwards. There is no advancement at all. They would rather hire outside the company than promote the people within. Raises are horrible. Fear and intimidation are used to "encourage" employees to do their jobs and more by my current manager. Despite eight people leaving because of her, they continue to keep a no nothing manager on board who has no government contracting experience who has managed to overwhelm and anger everyone she encounters.
Pros
Pay isn't bad
Cons
Management, benefits, no advancements, job security, work life, co-workers
Associate
Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 11, 2015
A tough place to work because workload exceeds staffing. The company is more interested in their profit than investing and retaining junior staffers. Management extends staff across too many projects and is focused on constant contract expansion and new contracts. Work-life balance is nonexistent.
Independent Work
Energy Efficiency Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 7, 2015
I throughly enjoyed this job it required you to be self starter which I loved. The day went by quickly and I worked with a really nice group of guys.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
lots of travel
Nothing to review
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 21, 2015
Scanned documents to a CD, temporary position working for the Road Home Program after Katrina

Watched a lot of people come in at the lowest point in their lives.
Great as a first job
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 2, 2015
Great job in either early or mid to late career. Management varies across the company. I have gained some decent project and client management skills. Given that the company is so large, each department/ team can feel somewhat siloed, which challenges collaboration and innovation. I have enjoyed some of the opportunities I gained to hone some new skills, take initiative, however, those opportunities can be few and far in between at times.
Pros
some flexibility with working from home
Cons
advancement/ room for growth/ lower consulting pay scale
What I know about the company
Senior System Analyst/Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 16, 2015
I worked mostly in the programming area and not in the position to review the company. I was not a full employee but a contractor. However, their full time employees have a very good review and impression of the company
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not Sure
It's what you make it
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax,September 28, 2015
Decent company; pay was poor but some decent folks and good corporate infrastructure. Work was boring but it's what you make it.
ICF International is a good company to work for.
Overarching Sr. UI/UX Analyst and Designer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 9, 2015
ICF International is a good company to work for. I had a long standing relationship with this company working for different contracts and with different managers.
Productive Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2015
I worked for ICF as a Federal Contractor. My contract was with the Regional Director of HHS. I performed a wide variety of administrative duties such as travel arrangements, maintaining the daily calendar, scheduling meetings and lunches for all staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was coming into a work environment where all of the staff were hard-working, driven, and just really great to be around. I really enjoyed my job here.

2.6