ICF International

ICF International Employee Reviews

Incredibly unorganized
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VaJanuary 28, 2015
ICF Martinsville is an incredibly unorganized company where favoritism rules the day. I worked for this company for 3 1/2 years and I honestly have nothing good to say about it. Management treats their employees like trash and communication is nonexistent. If your family is starving then by all means, go work there. If not, I'd flip hamburgers before I would ever work there again.
Pros
they do pay you
Cons
pretty much everything imaginable.
I would not recommend
Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 25, 2015
They've gone through a lot of changes. They got rid of a lot of people around 2012-13 and started hiring a lot of young people.

I initially enjoyed my job, but things changed drastically. Instead of a conflict being handled professionally, I was mobbed (adult bullying). The supervisor turned everyone against me and HR was complicit. And, now, despite leaving the company, it has continued (now referred to as 'harassment by proxy' or community-based harassment).

I can't go into details but suffice it to say it's a nightmare.
Cons
management
I would not recommend
Operation Agent (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJanuary 19, 2015
ICF used to be a well establish place to work. Since November of 2013 it has went down hill. There is no job security, no organization or structure, and no chance for advancement for most employees. They have cut hours and even we full time employees are only getting 15-28 hours a week. The benefits are far from good. The insurance is the bare minimum with ridiculous deductions and high monthly payments. You have to wait until you get hire full time before you get vacation pay and you have to wait a year after to get hired to accumulate a week of vacation. The ones who excel at the job have no been given any recognition or chance for advancement. I would not recommend ICF to anyone.
Pros
sit down call cent job
Cons
no structe or organization, no chance for advancement
Varies by group and division, but overall good company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 29, 2014
Have worked here for a few years. Have seen many people come and go, mostly due to contract changeover, and subsequent lack of placement for those impacted. Typical stereotype for many who are "stuck in middle management" and inconsistent messaging on what it takes to advance. HOWEVER, I haven't met a colleague that is not driven to work hard and perform. ICF attracts very motivated and high-performing folks....retaining them can be problematic. Great work-life balance. Many telecommuters and remote employees. Nice facilities. Have learned many facets of the business, from business development, to contracting, to project management. Great internal professional development opportunities. Hardest part of the job - feeling secure (it IS mostly contracting after all).
Pros
lots of professional development opportunities, telecommuting options
Cons
undercompensated, few holidays/pto, consistent communication
Flexible hours
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYDecember 16, 2014
Averaging 150 to 300 calls a day depending on studies & completes..
How to set-up & use other computer programs..Management was below average..My co-workers were the best..Fighting refusuals & getting cursed out everyday..Getting completes that were easy flowing when the respondents knew & understood the survey..
Pros
personal leave of absents--up to 90 days a year
Cons
no-benefits
Good Company
Associate Project and Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 9, 2014
This is a pretty good company to work for. I learned new stuff everyday. Was able to build great products and meet client requirements.
Pros
free monthly lunches
Cons
out of touch corporate infrastructure
Was a fun and professional environment.
Customer Service/Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 18, 2014
On a typical day, filing was expected to be done by 9:00AM. It taught me that I had to manage my time do to the fast pace nature of the department I worked in. My coworkers worked very hard, so we all expected each other to work as a team, making sure deadlines were met. The hardest part of the job was doing multiple projects all at once. There would be times where we had deadlines to meet, while we were being trained on more new projects. The most enjoyable part is seeing everything become a success.
Not a place for professional development/advancement
Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 17, 2014
ICF is a good company if you are hired on at a high level. For those who join ICF out of college, the ability to advance, both professionally and in terms of compensation or benefits, are limited. Culture and job work/life balance is also very dependent on whatever group, or "Line of Business" you are a part of. For example, the culture and opportunities for advancement in the Energy division may differ greatly from a group in the Health and Education division. For staff coming to ICF right out of college, the work experience and connections you will make here are very beneficial for about two years. Then I would suggest either going back to school or seeking employment opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
healthcare, pto, compensation.
Diverse
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 17, 2014
If you are looking for a organization that has great diversity in every aspect, ICF International would be a great fit for you. The down part of this company is that it operates on Grants and they often run out of funds before a project is completed.
Pros
you get to work by yourself
Cons
on-call, part time
better at the top
Programmer/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  USANovember 15, 2014
If you're at a high-level position, stay there for the long haul. if you're a low-level employee, don't stay there any longer than 3 years.

Want to know more about ICF International?

Ask a question
Great Place to work at.
Software Design Activity Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Wpafb, OHNovember 10, 2014
I have been employed for 14 months so far. I do not regret moving from my last job as much as I thought I would. Management makes you feel like a valuable asset.
Pros
management wants to hear from you as a employee
Cons
remote so at times you feel left out from hq.
Potential growth, but too many variables with middle and upper management
Configuration Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 4, 2014
ICF is a company that's been on the up for the past several years, but more importantly this growth has been continuous and consistent over that period of time, which to me is a good indication.

Unfortunately, much of this said growth may depend on the individual divisions. Some groups and divisions have shown growth that is reflective of the company as a whole, but if you're in a part of a group/division that doesn't pull as much weight, it can be frustrating to watch.

Having been part of numerous projects so far, I have yet to be part of a ICF-led project.; they have all been as a subcontractor, meaning the prime dictates nearly every aspect. I have yet to experience first hand what ICF's "culture and values" really are.
Pros
potential growth, decent work-life balance
Cons
poor compensations and benefits; little to no company culture
Employees Friendly company growing immensely but..........
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 26, 2014
ICF is a very wonderful place to work for as far as the benefits and employee friendly atmosphere. However, it is growing so quickly and they are not building the staff to grow with the work which causes a lot of stress. I wish I had all but wonderful things to say about ICF because it was a nice place to work but unfortunately in the end, there is absolutely no loyalty.
Great Company, lots of oppurtunity
anonymous (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 23, 2014
ICF is a great company that is growing and growing fast! Plenty of potential opportunity for seasoned professionals and individuals entering the job market for the first time.
Horrible Management
Operations Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAOctober 20, 2014
Unorganized organization management also very unorganized
Grant Reviewer:
Grant Reviewer, Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 18, 2014
Grant Reviewer: Verified required documents, valid Identified missing information
for completion, Complete in timely & with accuracy in preparing required forms.
Quality Control (QC): Monitored Pipeline Logged all actions taken (Pass or Fail) in
Jira, Pass/Fail files by managing errors. Communicated with staff & managers
Post Closer: Reviewed file for completion, accuracy. Prepared & uploaded
instructions for closing.
ACT Reviewer: Implemented due diligence conducting research with wide range of
documents Included, Market Analysis, etc.
Great company for work/life balance
Contracts Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 8, 2014
Overall, this is a great company. Room for growth and lots to learn. Management promote a good work/life balance.
REVIEWED AND APPROVED EXP REPORTS & ENTERED ACCTS PAYABLE INTO SYSTEM.
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2014
WORKED PART TIME REVIEWING AND APPROVING WORLDWIDE EXPENSE REPORTS AND REVIEWING AND ENTERING ACCTS PAYABLE IN THEIR FINANCIAL SYSTEM - COSTPOINT. PEOPLE WITH ICF-ATLANTA ARE OUTSTANDING. HAD A PRIVATE OFFICE. PEOPLE WERE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB.
Pros
coffee or desserts every so often
Cons
bought out by icf and culture changed drastically
Good place to learn new skills
Travel Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 30, 2014
The company consults in a range of different sectors, it's a great place for a young professional to start their careers and learn new skills.
Telecommute and flexibility
Sr. Technical Assistance Specialist, DTAC (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 29, 2014
I worked with a great team of professionals in the disaster behavioral health field.
Pros
telework
Cons
need more vacation time