ICF Employee Reviews

It is a job, that's a plus
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAFebruary 9, 2017
No paid holidays AT ALL, they will give you time off for appointments etc. but on the time off request you MUST tell them when you are planning to make up the hours you are going to miss, the pay is not good, it is a "click" environment. You are not allowed to talk or ask the neighbors in your pod questions. There are certain ones that will tell you if they feel you go to the bathroom too many times, and sometimes you just need to move. You can not have a phone at all not even on break, you have to be outside the building to use a phone at all. Absolutely no use of a phone inside the building.If you are not on break or lunch you are expected to sit there at your station and work no talking at all until your next break or lunch. It is worse than being in school.
Pros
It is a pay check
Cons
Just read the review
Diverse workplace that is expanding into new business ventures
Call Center Manager / Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 28, 2016
Established a new satellite office requiring the creation of many new relationships and having to determine what was supported by main office and what needed to be created for the new location. The expectation is you work to get your job done and this may require 60-80 hours or it may require 40. Your success is based on your role, the tasks at hand, and you ability to delegate and or manage the assigned tasks.

ICF is forward thinking and involved in many of societies "Hot Topics" across government and social responsibility.
Coworkers, for the most part, were friendly and engaging
Managing Editor, "Children's Bureau Express" (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 10, 2016
I enjoyed working with a team in which each member knew their purpose. People were generally helpful when I asked questions that pertained to my role and theirs.
Cons
My supervisor was on maternity leave when I started, and no one else on the team could answer salient questions regarding my role to my satisfaction.
Easy job with horrible management
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 19, 2016
I worked full time hours for several months and was never offered full time benefits such as health insurance. There is a huge lack of communication between management and employees. I witnessed managers and supervisors disrespect and talk down to their employees and nothing was done about it.
Pros
Pay is a little more than minimum wage
Cons
Very slim chance of gaining benefits
Diverse and exceptional
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2016
ICF is an industry leader in consulting. ICF provides excellent employee benefits and exciting job opportunities. With offices all over the world, ICF positions itself to be a global leader in consulting.
Pros
great work environment, great pay, awesome benefits
Cons
on-call positions not eligible for benefits, large corporate structure can be overwhelming for some employees.
A good company to work for
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Alabama and FloridaOctober 17, 2016
A typical day at work involved a good mix of project work and proposal development. I learned a great deal about consulting, project management, and the proposal process.

Co-workers were great.

Hardest part of the job was working remotely.

Most enjoyable part of the job was traveling and working at a work site.
Great Employer
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Busy work days which help the days go by. you learn something new everyday. Management is very supportive. You'll meet the best people on earth. The goal is pleasing the client and the client may not really be clear or know what they want.
Pros
Great experience
Not bad
Print Production Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VADecember 21, 2016
Has it's up's and downs but It's a job! The best positions would be Customer service or processing. Survey research is okay, but can get a little stressful when calling certain projects.
Pros
Many different departments
Cons
Poor Management
Good work and life balance
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 22, 2016
-Provide good training
-Nice Supervisors
-Nice work environment
-Work load balance is good
-Not enough salary
-You can ask for work from home after you complete one year at ICF but you cannot ask for Monday and Friday
-No more opportunities to move ahead
Pros
Good to start up
Cons
You won' get telework on Monday and Fridat
Nepotism Infused Work Place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 13, 2016
Working for this company one may feel like they are not part of the machine that keeps this company going. The culture within the company is "do as you're told and do not go against the grain." Entering work on a daily basis becomes a chore - basically coming to work to earn a paycheck and nothing more. Upper management consist of people who previously served in the military together and their attitude is to say "yes" to the site manager no matter what. Even though there is constant descension from the management team the workers on the floor make things better. There is no growth opportunity beyond team lead and unfortunately the pay has been cut drastically for any person the management team selects. If you are not a person to go with the flow and give a constant yes your time will be limited.
Pros
Locality, Decent hours, Decent Pay
Cons
Petty coaching tactics, Snitch culture, Management Team with NO experience in the field they work in
No Job Security
Maryland DHR Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VADecember 16, 2016
Nice Facility. Average Pay. Good Attendance Required. Accurate Processing required for applications. Good Customer Service ability required. Secured environment.
Great place to work.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VANovember 30, 2016
ICF was one of my favorite jobs I have ever worked. I loved having multiple breaks in such a nice environment. This job just requires a great personality and the ability to listen.
Its ok
Outbound Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VADecember 20, 2016
It's Second shift. I don't like to work second shift at all. You have to work every weekend from 12:30pm-11:00pm. Some of the leads were very helpful. I would work there again if i had a 1st shift.
Professional Contractor for Senior Professors
Senior Associate, CBS/Sr. Publications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 2, 2016
The best ran company I've ever worked for and I will privileged to work there full time the moment a position arises. I currently am a permanent on-call temp worker.
ICF offers career advancement and growth
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 12, 2016
I began my career at ICF 5 years ago and was an employee referral. The company has grown by about 1500 employees since I began and has still maintained a strong culture.

I was hired as a senior individual contributor and have been promoted several times in the last 5 years.
Pros
Work/Life Balance + Socially responsible work
Part time accounts payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 21, 2016
ICF was a great place to work. The staff is very friendly. The always had events for the office to participate in. They fed us a lot and parking was always there. They provide a shuttle to and from the metro as well.
Great place to work.
Construction Installer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2016
Outside in Florida is always a great environment. The management style is hands on and the crew really knew what they where doing. I learned all that I now know from them.
Excellent Work/Training Environment!
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2016
ICF International provided an environment that promoted both professional and personal growth. Through ICF's mentor program, I was able to learn skills outside of my scope of work. This program was a major component in developing skills that resulted in promotions and pay increases.
Pros
Excellence training opportunities, career development, personal growth, and lasting professional relationships
Cons
Contract work does not provide job security.
professional
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VANovember 2, 2016
training provided was exceptional, some management very knowledgeable, environment clean and organized, some company morale, pay should increase for the job
Weary of management
AIDSinfo Drug Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 1, 2016
My review is the same as my previous review of the company. Management staff is very non-supportive of lower level employees. There is no room for advancement unless close with upper management (based on friendships).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICF. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6