ICF Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VANovember 30, 2016
ICF was one of my favorite jobs I have ever worked. I loved having multiple breaks in such a nice environment. This job just requires a great personality and the ability to listen.
Great place to work.
Construction Installer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2016
Outside in Florida is always a great environment. The management style is hands on and the crew really knew what they where doing. I learned all that I now know from them.
professional
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VANovember 2, 2016
training provided was exceptional, some management very knowledgeable, environment clean and organized, some company morale, pay should increase for the job
A good company to work for
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Alabama and FloridaOctober 17, 2016
A typical day at work involved a good mix of project work and proposal development. I learned a great deal about consulting, project management, and the proposal process.

Co-workers were great.

Hardest part of the job was working remotely.

Most enjoyable part of the job was traveling and working at a work site.
gym
Grant Reviewer/Senior (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 13, 2016
Atmosphere at ICF was fun and family oriented. I enjoyed the morning meetings every morning. Employees were able to use the gym for a monthly fee. Metro acessible.
Pros
metro
Cons
commute
Coworkers, for the most part, were friendly and engaging
Managing Editor, "Children's Bureau Express" (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 10, 2016
I enjoyed working with a team in which each member knew their purpose. People were generally helpful when I asked questions that pertained to my role and theirs.
Cons
My supervisor was on maternity leave when I started, and no one else on the team could answer salient questions regarding my role to my satisfaction.
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 2, 2016
This is a great company to work for. They have a great history and they take care of their employees. They have a great track record as a reputable contractor in the DMV.
Professional Contractor for Senior Professors
Senior Associate, CBS/Sr. Publications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 2, 2016
The best ran company I've ever worked for and I will privileged to work there full time the moment a position arises. I currently am a permanent on-call temp worker.
Diverse workplace that is expanding into new business ventures
Call Center Manager / Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 28, 2016
Established a new satellite office requiring the creation of many new relationships and having to determine what was supported by main office and what needed to be created for the new location. The expectation is you work to get your job done and this may require 60-80 hours or it may require 40. Your success is based on your role, the tasks at hand, and you ability to delegate and or manage the assigned tasks.

ICF is forward thinking and involved in many of societies "Hot Topics" across government and social responsibility.
Good work and life balance
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 22, 2016
-Provide good training
-Nice Supervisors
-Nice work environment
-Work load balance is good
-Not enough salary
-You can ask for work from home after you complete one year at ICF but you cannot ask for Monday and Friday
-No more opportunities to move ahead
Pros
Good to start up
Cons
You won' get telework on Monday and Fridat
Part time accounts payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 21, 2016
ICF was a great place to work. The staff is very friendly. The always had events for the office to participate in. They fed us a lot and parking was always there. They provide a shuttle to and from the metro as well.
Easy job with horrible management
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 19, 2016
I worked full time hours for several months and was never offered full time benefits such as health insurance. There is a huge lack of communication between management and employees. I witnessed managers and supervisors disrespect and talk down to their employees and nothing was done about it.
Pros
Pay is a little more than minimum wage
Cons
Very slim chance of gaining benefits
Diverse and exceptional
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2016
ICF is an industry leader in consulting. ICF provides excellent employee benefits and exciting job opportunities. With offices all over the world, ICF positions itself to be a global leader in consulting.
Pros
great work environment, great pay, awesome benefits
Cons
on-call positions not eligible for benefits, large corporate structure can be overwhelming for some employees.
N/a
Scan/Records Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 16, 2016
Great clients to work for. However not potential career growth. Would have like to have taken on more advance skills / duties while employed with the company
Nepotism Infused Work Place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 13, 2016
Working for this company one may feel like they are not part of the machine that keeps this company going. The culture within the company is "do as you're told and do not go against the grain." Entering work on a daily basis becomes a chore - basically coming to work to earn a paycheck and nothing more. Upper management consist of people who previously served in the military together and their attitude is to say "yes" to the site manager no matter what. Even though there is constant descension from the management team the workers on the floor make things better. There is no growth opportunity beyond team lead and unfortunately the pay has been cut drastically for any person the management team selects. If you are not a person to go with the flow and give a constant yes your time will be limited.
Pros
Locality, Decent hours, Decent Pay
Cons
Petty coaching tactics, Snitch culture, Management Team with NO experience in the field they work in
Weary of management
AIDSinfo Drug Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 1, 2016
My review is the same as my previous review of the company. Management staff is very non-supportive of lower level employees. There is no room for advancement unless close with upper management (based on friendships).
great place to work
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAAugust 24, 2016
Consistent, easy work for decent pay. Definitely keep to yourself and work hard and you could be promoted once ample time has passed.
Opportunities
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAAugust 16, 2016
In the beginning of my career with ICF I thought it was a wonderful company, there is a a lot of room for advancement and learning of new systems and projects. I have learned so much working for ICF international.
Awesome workplace
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 14, 2016
Awesome workplace. Great working. Company culture is good and people are flexible. Lot of work and good no. of hiring. Telecommuting is also there as an option.
Enjoyed learning new things
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZJuly 25, 2016
Not a bad job just got laid off and never wanted to go back due to all the shenanigans the work put me through. It wasn't all that bad but personally I don't like working in the heat due to how easily I over heat. I'm not seeking to go back there but its a good company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICF. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6