ICF Employee Reviews

Diverse workplace that is expanding into new business ventures
Call Center Manager / Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 28, 2016
Established a new satellite office requiring the creation of many new relationships and having to determine what was supported by main office and what needed to be created for the new location. The expectation is you work to get your job done and this may require 60-80 hours or it may require 40. Your success is based on your role, the tasks at hand, and you ability to delegate and or manage the assigned tasks.

ICF is forward thinking and involved in many of societies "Hot Topics" across government and social responsibility.
Easy job with horrible management
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 19, 2016
I worked full time hours for several months and was never offered full time benefits such as health insurance. There is a huge lack of communication between management and employees. I witnessed managers and supervisors disrespect and talk down to their employees and nothing was done about it.
Pros
Pay is a little more than minimum wage
Cons
Very slim chance of gaining benefits
Coworkers, for the most part, were friendly and engaging
Managing Editor, "Children's Bureau Express" (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 10, 2016
I enjoyed working with a team in which each member knew their purpose. People were generally helpful when I asked questions that pertained to my role and theirs.
Cons
My supervisor was on maternity leave when I started, and no one else on the team could answer salient questions regarding my role to my satisfaction.
Diverse and exceptional
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2016
ICF is an industry leader in consulting. ICF provides excellent employee benefits and exciting job opportunities. With offices all over the world, ICF positions itself to be a global leader in consulting.
Pros
great work environment, great pay, awesome benefits
Cons
on-call positions not eligible for benefits, large corporate structure can be overwhelming for some employees.
A good company to work for
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Alabama and FloridaOctober 17, 2016
A typical day at work involved a good mix of project work and proposal development. I learned a great deal about consulting, project management, and the proposal process.

Co-workers were great.

Hardest part of the job was working remotely.

Most enjoyable part of the job was traveling and working at a work site.
Good work and life balance
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 22, 2016
-Provide good training
-Nice Supervisors
-Nice work environment
-Work load balance is good
-Not enough salary
-You can ask for work from home after you complete one year at ICF but you cannot ask for Monday and Friday
-No more opportunities to move ahead
Pros
Good to start up
Cons
You won' get telework on Monday and Fridat
Nepotism Infused Work Place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 13, 2016
Working for this company one may feel like they are not part of the machine that keeps this company going. The culture within the company is "do as you're told and do not go against the grain." Entering work on a daily basis becomes a chore - basically coming to work to earn a paycheck and nothing more. Upper management consist of people who previously served in the military together and their attitude is to say "yes" to the site manager no matter what. Even though there is constant descension from the management team the workers on the floor make things better. There is no growth opportunity beyond team lead and unfortunately the pay has been cut drastically for any person the management team selects. If you are not a person to go with the flow and give a constant yes your time will be limited.
Pros
Locality, Decent hours, Decent Pay
Cons
Petty coaching tactics, Snitch culture, Management Team with NO experience in the field they work in
Excellent Work/Training Environment!
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2016
ICF International provided an environment that promoted both professional and personal growth. Through ICF's mentor program, I was able to learn skills outside of my scope of work. This program was a major component in developing skills that resulted in promotions and pay increases.
Pros
Excellence training opportunities, career development, personal growth, and lasting professional relationships
Cons
Contract work does not provide job security.
ICF offers career advancement and growth
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 12, 2016
I began my career at ICF 5 years ago and was an employee referral. The company has grown by about 1500 employees since I began and has still maintained a strong culture.

I was hired as a senior individual contributor and have been promoted several times in the last 5 years.
Pros
Work/Life Balance + Socially responsible work
Walk Away...no...RUN Away
Overworked/Underpaid Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMay 25, 2016
Every year, they lay off a large number of employees because the company is "over budget". How does this happen? You go in everyday worried if you will make it. Every time you miss a goal or make a minor mistake, they overreact and remind you of the previous "D-Day". Management overreacts to everything and they fire folks for no rhyme and reason and then run and hire temps. If you want piece of mind, don't come here. I've worked at a lot of places and never seen a place Like this.
Professional Contractor for Senior Professors
Senior Associate, CBS/Sr. Publications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 2, 2016
The best ran company I've ever worked for and I will privileged to work there full time the moment a position arises. I currently am a permanent on-call temp worker.
Part time accounts payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 21, 2016
ICF was a great place to work. The staff is very friendly. The always had events for the office to participate in. They fed us a lot and parking was always there. They provide a shuttle to and from the metro as well.
Weary of management
AIDSinfo Drug Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 1, 2016
My review is the same as my previous review of the company. Management staff is very non-supportive of lower level employees. There is no room for advancement unless close with upper management (based on friendships).
Technical and Friendly Work Environment
Technical Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2016
ICF International is a contracting company that deals primarily with the federal government. Everyone is very friendly at ICF and willing to help. Overall ICF has a wonderful office environment and is very relaxed; however because ICF is a federal contracting company the majority of an employees time is not spent at ICF (which is a great place to work with nice people) but at federal client sites. The atmosphere that an employee ends up in depends on the project they are on and the feeling of the client site.
Pros
Excellent employees, Managers who really care for their people, hands on training
Cons
All positions are for federal contractor, employees are stuck offsite in hostile client situtations
Enjoyed learning new things
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZJuly 25, 2016
Not a bad job just got laid off and never wanted to go back due to all the shenanigans the work put me through. It wasn't all that bad but personally I don't like working in the heat due to how easily I over heat. I'm not seeking to go back there but its a good company
Interesting work but Energy Advisory Solutions should invest in employee growth
Associate, Energy Advisory & Solutions (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 17, 2016
1. Great coworkers
2. Demanding schedule
3. Managers need to be sensitive to employee needs
4. Lack of guidance
5. Poor communication from managers
Cons
Transit benefits
Great place to work.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VANovember 30, 2016
ICF was one of my favorite jobs I have ever worked. I loved having multiple breaks in such a nice environment. This job just requires a great personality and the ability to listen.
I will never go back to ICF!
Data Collections (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJune 15, 2016
Constantly lying to your face. Always running out of work. Not a fair company to work for. JS. Also you have a certain amount of hours to work for 10.75 then you go down to 9.50 and ot is based off of 9.50.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
They dont allow you time for your family. Dont care about your life.
Opportunities
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAAugust 16, 2016
In the beginning of my career with ICF I thought it was a wonderful company, there is a a lot of room for advancement and learning of new systems and projects. I have learned so much working for ICF international.
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 2, 2016
This is a great company to work for. They have a great history and they take care of their employees. They have a great track record as a reputable contractor in the DMV.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICF. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6