ICF Employee Reviews

Great experience
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 21, 2017
Overall, it is a good company and I've gained excellent experience there. The projects are challenging and push people to grow and take initiative. The work / life balance is sometimes difficult to manage. The expectation is that you work more than 40 hours a week on a regular basis.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible schedule, Ability to WFH
Cons
Overtime expectations, slow salary raises
Metal Fabrication
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 18, 2017
Usually an 8 hour shift that consisted of making and inspecting metal parts. Management was fair and willing to help an associate grow with the company.
Great place to work with ample opportunity to diversify your skillset
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at ICF and completing projects that were meaninful. The management team was very efficient and adaptive. My coworkers were wonderful, hard-working individuals.
Pay
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAAugust 1, 2017
You are asked to do a lot for a little bit of money. Its not worth it if you have a family because you will barely be able to support them. Management has their favorites and if they don't like you they will find the smallest thing to fire you for.
Good Pay - Work/Life Balance
Early Childhood Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 30, 2017
ICF is a solid company to work for. Strong leadership, good pay, opportunity to flex within the week if you work more than 40. I really enjoy having the opportunity to make a difference with providing expert training and technical assistance to Head Start programs.
Pros
Work from home in some divisions
Cons
Fast paced
Risky Opportunity
Application Processor (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJuly 26, 2017
Your chances of staying in with ICF are fairly slim, no matter how hard you may work. If there's one day you're sick and your production isn't the best, only that day, expect a call. If they feel you're going to the bathroom too much, even for medical reasons, expect a call. If you leave a minute too early or come a minute too late, expect a call. Unless of course you're management. Then you can talk to your friends for over an hour while telling your associates to get back to work, take several breaks, walk around doing nothing, and act like you care about your employees instead of actually caring. Sometimes it may seem that those who don't care about the job and come in late everyday keep their job versus you, a hard worker, but it's true. The job itself is great, some are unable to learn fast enough so they may get fired, but all in all its easy, quiet, and the coworkers are respectful. Of course management and some employees are buddies, so don't expect fair treatment about your health or private issues that may arise. If you can overlook the risks, genuinely know nothing will come up, whether health, family, etc., and enjoy knowing that management acts like everyone quits, or otherwise acts like nothing happened, because they don't want to admit to firing good workers, then apply! It's a good place for people who don't mind being at the computer and can stand quiet work environments without being bored.
Pros
Hour lunch, a small break every two hours, OT if program needs it
Cons
They treat employees like cheap, expendable labor no matter how hard you work or your issues, unless you're buddies with management
Flexibility and ethical work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 24, 2017
ICF is a great company that offers lots of work/life balance. Many of the projects are ethical in nature, and serve a variety of clients. ICF Management is also incredibly supportive.
Pros
worklife balance
Cons
compensation
Competitive leader in the market
Financial Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 21, 2017
ICF is a competitive firm where I was able to grow my financial acumen skills and my client relation skills as it is very client focused. Offers a very good work life balance.
Decent
Consulting Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 20, 2017
Much of my time at ICF was good work at a good pace. I know of people who have worked for them for over a decade. I would recommend them to the correct person.
Outreach Professional, Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJJuly 18, 2017
Great place to work! The Client cut our program budget by 75Mil.
Five of the eight team members were laid off the same day. I was with ICF for seven years and would go back.
Very knowledgeable people
Senior Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 10, 2017
Great experience.

Excellent team building and mentoring.

Very client oriented. Excellent Client Relationship management skills at all levels.

Genuine place to work. Real peoples' people.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Highly Stove piped.
Company is closed
ID Director/Manager (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, IAJuly 9, 2017
The job was very rewarding. This company is no longer in business and the management is no longer in place. The most difficult part of the job was being on call 24 hours per day 365 days per year even when on vacation.
Classic consulting practice
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 8, 2017
The priority at ICF is always being a "trusted advisor" and adding value to the client. Flexibility in meeting your deliverables, as long as they get met.

The clients cover a diversified portfolio among primarily government entities. Aim for a subject you are passionate about.
Fast paced worplace
Fellow/Technical Director (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 6, 2017
Good people and fun place to work.
Fast paced and get to work on different projects.
At a given time you will be working on 2-3 projects.
Working closely with the program team or product owners
Open culture and open spaces
Management open door policy
Mentoring program
Cons
Juggle between mutiple projects and thinly stretched
Great company to work for. Very caring and loyal employer.
Grantee Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA 22031June 29, 2017
The most enjoyable part about the job is the travel to various parts of the U.S. Although you are working, you get an opportunity to meet a lot of people during your travel and onsite assignments. The hardest part about the job is it is Federal contract work.
Great opportunities if you are flexible
Wildlife Biologist/Arborist, On-Call (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2017
Great company, low turnover. Management is very approachable and all my experiences with management were good. Varied work. It's consulting, so workload swings from a bit too little to far too much. My department was a little on the disorganized side. When I started, another biologist and I set up my computer. It seems like it would have been far more efficient to have an IT person spend 30 minutes than the two of us spending hours (by the time I got all the printers I needed and all the programs loaded). Overall, their on-boarding process was pretty bad. The timesheet takes forever to fill out if you are an hourly employee.
Pros
Bonuses, great benefits & pay, management knows how to throw a party
Cons
timesheet takes forever to fill out, current location is in the run-down part of downtown, near the new Kings stadium, location extremely inconvenient for fieldwork due to lack of parking, lots of homeless lingering in area
Bad management
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 26, 2017
They don't know how to manage projects. They don't use the cool and new technologies. They get so many complaints from customers. Some good things are they got good PTO and good location.
Amazing work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 9, 2017
This organization has an amazing mission and they're really engrained into the community as well. They do some really amazing work which makes the day fly by.
not a great place to work
Cash Receipts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 6, 2017
this place is cut throat and unhealthy place to work for. I would never recommend anyone to work at ICF. the management and upper level people get all the rewards while they slave the little people. there turn over rate is high because of how they treat their staff.
Bi-lingual Survey Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMay 31, 2017
It was a great place to work. I left because I wanted to finish school and graduate. Great hours and area to work in. Friendly environment. Someone is always there to help.