ICF Employee Reviews

This was the coolest temporary job I ever had
Call Center Line Agent (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 20, 2017
This was a very large call center of which I am very comfortable from the bell company days. Hard work, seated all day with a headset. The flow of calls ruled the day and there was hardly enough time to really do anything except answer the phones.
Pros
THEY TOOK SUCH CARE IN THEIR TRAINING, I WAS IMPRESSED
Cons
THE SALARY WAS OK, AND THE RULES CHANGED A LOT.APPRIASALS WERE STIFF AND CONTROLLED.
It is a job, that's a plus
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAFebruary 9, 2017
No paid holidays AT ALL, they will give you time off for appointments etc. but on the time off request you MUST tell them when you are planning to make up the hours you are going to miss, the pay is not good, it is a "click" environment. You are not allowed to talk or ask the neighbors in your pod questions. There are certain ones that will tell you if they feel you go to the bathroom too many times, and sometimes you just need to move. You can not have a phone at all not even on break, you have to be outside the building to use a phone at all. Absolutely no use of a phone inside the building.If you are not on break or lunch you are expected to sit there at your station and work no talking at all until your next break or lunch. It is worse than being in school.
Pros
It is a pay check
Cons
Just read the review
not please with fairness across the board
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 28, 2017
Lots of work. Ok with that. The pay is not equivalent to other consulting firms. It seems like this company hand picks who they want to promote/provide bonuses to. The ability to move up and get annual increases is very ambiguous. Doesn't feel good to employees.
One of the best companies I ever worked for
Web Applications Developer – Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 14, 2017
Benefits started sooner than other companies and pay was really good. I enjoy being a part of ICF. Great culture, and although I was not located in headquarters, our remote site was a great place to work with.
Diverse workplace that is expanding into new business ventures
Call Center Manager / Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 28, 2016
Established a new satellite office requiring the creation of many new relationships and having to determine what was supported by main office and what needed to be created for the new location. The expectation is you work to get your job done and this may require 60-80 hours or it may require 40. Your success is based on your role, the tasks at hand, and you ability to delegate and or manage the assigned tasks.

ICF is forward thinking and involved in many of societies "Hot Topics" across government and social responsibility.
Coworkers, for the most part, were friendly and engaging
Managing Editor, "Children's Bureau Express" (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 10, 2016
I enjoyed working with a team in which each member knew their purpose. People were generally helpful when I asked questions that pertained to my role and theirs.
Cons
My supervisor was on maternity leave when I started, and no one else on the team could answer salient questions regarding my role to my satisfaction.
People are friendly, smart, very collaborative work enivornment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 22, 2017
I enjoy working at ICF. I like the mission of the company.
The consulting work the company provides helps global communities.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Compensation and healthcare could be better
Great Employer
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Busy work days which help the days go by. you learn something new everyday. Management is very supportive. You'll meet the best people on earth. The goal is pleasing the client and the client may not really be clear or know what they want.
Pros
Great experience
Easy job with horrible management
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 19, 2016
I worked full time hours for several months and was never offered full time benefits such as health insurance. There is a huge lack of communication between management and employees. I witnessed managers and supervisors disrespect and talk down to their employees and nothing was done about it.
Pros
Pay is a little more than minimum wage
Cons
Very slim chance of gaining benefits
Not bad
Print Production Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VADecember 21, 2016
Has it's up's and downs but It's a job! The best positions would be Customer service or processing. Survey research is okay, but can get a little stressful when calling certain projects.
Pros
Many different departments
Cons
Poor Management
Federal Contracting Side
Associate and IT Security Federal Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 7, 2017
I can only speak on the fed contracting side. It's good work. Good learning experiences and good fed experiences. As such, you can't help feel a bit out of touch from the corporate part of ICF.
Diverse and exceptional
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2016
ICF is an industry leader in consulting. ICF provides excellent employee benefits and exciting job opportunities. With offices all over the world, ICF positions itself to be a global leader in consulting.
Pros
great work environment, great pay, awesome benefits
Cons
on-call positions not eligible for benefits, large corporate structure can be overwhelming for some employees.
A good company to work for
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Alabama and FloridaOctober 17, 2016
A typical day at work involved a good mix of project work and proposal development. I learned a great deal about consulting, project management, and the proposal process.

Co-workers were great.

Hardest part of the job was working remotely.

Most enjoyable part of the job was traveling and working at a work site.
Good work and life balance
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 22, 2016
-Provide good training
-Nice Supervisors
-Nice work environment
-Work load balance is good
-Not enough salary
-You can ask for work from home after you complete one year at ICF but you cannot ask for Monday and Friday
-No more opportunities to move ahead
Pros
Good to start up
Cons
You won' get telework on Monday and Fridat
job itself was rewarding but little pay
ID Instructor & Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMarch 20, 2017
working and caring for ICF/ID individuals is rewarding and fun; however challenging at times. short staffed and little pay and poor management and scheduling
Very Productive Work Place
Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Joint Base MDLMarch 19, 2017
ICF is a great company to work for. I really enjoyed working at ICF. The Team at ICF treat you like an adult and does not micro manage their employees.
Pros
Work Culture
No Job Security
Maryland DHR Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VADecember 16, 2016
Nice Facility. Average Pay. Good Attendance Required. Accurate Processing required for applications. Good Customer Service ability required. Secured environment.
Its ok
Outbound Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VADecember 20, 2016
It's Second shift. I don't like to work second shift at all. You have to work every weekend from 12:30pm-11:00pm. Some of the leads were very helpful. I would work there again if i had a 1st shift.
Great place to work.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VANovember 30, 2016
ICF was one of my favorite jobs I have ever worked. I loved having multiple breaks in such a nice environment. This job just requires a great personality and the ability to listen.
Nepotism Infused Work Place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 13, 2016
Working for this company one may feel like they are not part of the machine that keeps this company going. The culture within the company is "do as you're told and do not go against the grain." Entering work on a daily basis becomes a chore - basically coming to work to earn a paycheck and nothing more. Upper management consist of people who previously served in the military together and their attitude is to say "yes" to the site manager no matter what. Even though there is constant descension from the management team the workers on the floor make things better. There is no growth opportunity beyond team lead and unfortunately the pay has been cut drastically for any person the management team selects. If you are not a person to go with the flow and give a constant yes your time will be limited.
Pros
Locality, Decent hours, Decent Pay
Cons
Petty coaching tactics, Snitch culture, Management Team with NO experience in the field they work in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICF. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6