ICF Employee Reviews

Diverse and exceptional
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2016
ICF is an industry leader in consulting. ICF provides excellent employee benefits and exciting job opportunities. With offices all over the world, ICF positions itself to be a global leader in consulting.
Pros
great work environment, great pay, awesome benefits
Cons
on-call positions not eligible for benefits, large corporate structure can be overwhelming for some employees.
N/a
Scan/Records Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 16, 2016
Great clients to work for. However not potential career growth. Would have like to have taken on more advance skills / duties while employed with the company
Nepotism Infused Work Place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 13, 2016
Working for this company one may feel like they are not part of the machine that keeps this company going. The culture within the company is "do as you're told and do not go against the grain." Entering work on a daily basis becomes a chore - basically coming to work to earn a paycheck and nothing more. Upper management consist of people who previously served in the military together and their attitude is to say "yes" to the site manager no matter what. Even though there is constant descension from the management team the workers on the floor make things better. There is no growth opportunity beyond team lead and unfortunately the pay has been cut drastically for any person the management team selects. If you are not a person to go with the flow and give a constant yes your time will be limited.
Pros
Locality, Decent hours, Decent Pay
Cons
Petty coaching tactics, Snitch culture, Management Team with NO experience in the field they work in
Weary of management
AIDSinfo Drug Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 1, 2016
My review is the same as my previous review of the company. Management staff is very non-supportive of lower level employees. There is no room for advancement unless close with upper management (based on friendships).
great place to work
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAAugust 24, 2016
Consistent, easy work for decent pay. Definitely keep to yourself and work hard and you could be promoted once ample time has passed.
Opportunities
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAAugust 16, 2016
In the beginning of my career with ICF I thought it was a wonderful company, there is a a lot of room for advancement and learning of new systems and projects. I have learned so much working for ICF international.
Awesome workplace
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 14, 2016
Awesome workplace. Great working. Company culture is good and people are flexible. Lot of work and good no. of hiring. Telecommuting is also there as an option.
Enjoyed learning new things
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZJuly 25, 2016
Not a bad job just got laid off and never wanted to go back due to all the shenanigans the work put me through. It wasn't all that bad but personally I don't like working in the heat due to how easily I over heat. I'm not seeking to go back there but its a good company
Interesting work but Energy Advisory Solutions should invest in employee growth
Associate, Energy Advisory & Solutions (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 17, 2016
1. Great coworkers
2. Demanding schedule
3. Managers need to be sensitive to employee needs
4. Lack of guidance
5. Poor communication from managers
Cons
Transit benefits
ICF offers career advancement and growth
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 12, 2016
I began my career at ICF 5 years ago and was an employee referral. The company has grown by about 1500 employees since I began and has still maintained a strong culture.

I was hired as a senior individual contributor and have been promoted several times in the last 5 years.
Pros
Work/Life Balance + Socially responsible work
I will never go back to ICF!
Data Collections (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJune 15, 2016
Constantly lying to your face. Always running out of work. Not a fair company to work for. JS. Also you have a certain amount of hours to work for 10.75 then you go down to 9.50 and ot is based off of 9.50.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
They dont allow you time for your family. Dont care about your life.
Excellent Work/Training Environment!
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2016
ICF International provided an environment that promoted both professional and personal growth. Through ICF's mentor program, I was able to learn skills outside of my scope of work. This program was a major component in developing skills that resulted in promotions and pay increases.
Pros
Excellence training opportunities, career development, personal growth, and lasting professional relationships
Cons
Contract work does not provide job security.
Contract ends at any given time
Medical Simulation Technician (Former Employee) –  Bremerton Naval Station, WAJune 12, 2016
Great job but poor management and oversight. Many people you never see make decisions that directly impact your position.
Not a great place to work.
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJune 10, 2016
Reading other reviews of this company indicate to me that it depends on what part of the country you work in as to whether it's a good place to work. In Martinsville, VA it was a rotten place to work. Management treated employees with very little respect, there were few advancement opportunities, and pay raises depended on who you knew and not what you knew. (it took me 4 1/2 years to get a pay raise of $1.00).You had to constantly be worried about being fired for insignificant reasons. It was a stressful place to work.

There was a different set of rules and regulations for the Martinsville call center compared to the rest of the company. We got no holiday pay and only 1.54 hours of PTO time per month. Your schedule could be changed without notification or concern for how it might affect you. The work enviroment was decidedly hostile. Leaving this company was the best thing that could have happened to me.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Management was hostile and did unethical things, few opportunites to advance and having senority or a degee meant nothing.
Worst Place I Have Ever Worked
CSR (Former Employee) –  OwingsmillsJune 9, 2016
This is by far the worst job I have ever had. Training is very poor and when they put you on the phone they change their mind about what you can and can't say every 10 minutes. There is absolutely no consistency and management refuses to help you. One manager spends her time taking personal calls while the other one guesses at the answers. None of the phone numbers they provide as resources work and they are always asking you to do more with no additional benefits. There are no other job titles which means no where to move up . Supervisors refuse to take escalated calls and gossip about employees to other employees. They can't even provide a clear answer about included benefits due to being over budget,most likely from the ridiculous turn over rate. No training class makes it more than a few days,and new class is taught weekly and each time only 2 out of 12 makes it for more than a week. Worst of all management stifles your personality, They claim it's too "flamboyant". They don't want you to know your fellow coworkers but expect you to tell them all of your business. You can't even use your cell phone in the break room. They make up reasons to fire people and never provide a legitimate reason. They even broke contract with the temp company that recruited for them without letting them know.Their goal for employees : have no personality and take as many calls as possible without offering real assistance to customers.
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!
Great Place to Work
Deputy Project Director/Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 7, 2016
Great place to work with good culture, smart people, strong passion. They also allow me to work from home. Unfortunately, they are too business-oriented and do not adequately support their staff with good benefits and salary increases.
Sr Disaster Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
Senior management attention and leadership is outstanding. Great benefits, co-workers, working environment. Terrific opportunities to work on variety of projects and locations.
Quick but helpful
ICF International Operations Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 3, 2016
My position was different from any prior experience in customer service or any related field but valuable. Good working environment but the office I was working at closed down on short notice.
Fun place to work with lots of variety and opportunity.
Biologist/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2016
It's a great place to work. There is a lot of opportunity for professional expansion and advancement. As with any consulting, there is definitely independence. The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety. Days are never the same.
Horrible
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 26, 2016
The worst place to work for. They do not value there employees at all. The pay is horrible. The do not offer pay raises but give you new titles and expect for you to be content and do it for the low pay. The supervisors are horrible!! There was only one decent sup in there. They don't know what they are doing. When you ask questions they make stuff up and when you show them they are wrong they still expect you to listen and do what they say. They contradict there selves a lot. Very hostile work environment. No benefits of perks of working with them. They constantly put you down. You can be an excellent performer and they will look you in your face and say. Now you need to perform higher. They recently had / training classes of 12 ppl and out of those two training classes there is probably 4 ppl still employed. I've never worked in a office were everyone hates the job and the managers. They don't allow u to speak to fellow colleagues. If they see you are getting close they separate you. You are not allowed to talk. I honestly could keep going on but I would be here for days.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICF. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6