ICF Employee Reviews

Great as a first job
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 2, 2015
Great job in either early or mid to late career. Management varies across the company. I have gained some decent project and client management skills. Given that the company is so large, each department/ team can feel somewhat siloed, which challenges collaboration and innovation. I have enjoyed some of the opportunities I gained to hone some new skills, take initiative, however, those opportunities can be few and far in between at times.
Pros
some flexibility with working from home
Cons
advancement/ room for growth/ lower consulting pay scale
What I know about the company
Senior System Analyst/Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 16, 2015
I worked mostly in the programming area and not in the position to review the company. I was not a full employee but a contractor. However, their full time employees have a very good review and impression of the company
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not Sure
Test Team Lead
Test Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 6, 2015
My typical day was problem solving scripts that was ran through Mainframe. I assign duties to analyst, assisting other platforms ,i.e....PC and Web testing, Creating test cases and logs when issues found during testing. Maintain traceability matric, Schedule and held meeting with staff once a week, My job was time consuming which I enjoy keeping busy and learn new things everyday. For the hardest part of my day, I don't know if there was, I having been doing testing for over forth teen years. The most enjoyable part of my day was knowing that I was able to help my staff complete there work by solving there problems so they could continue.
It's what you make it
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax,September 28, 2015
Decent company; pay was poor but some decent folks and good corporate infrastructure. Work was boring but it's what you make it.
It was fun work place till we were bought out
Project Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Prairieville, LASeptember 18, 2015
Like my job running job personel realy like doing inspection work right now mangering the job and doing inspecting work
ICF International is a good company to work for.
Overarching Sr. UI/UX Analyst and Designer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 9, 2015
ICF International is a good company to work for. I had a long standing relationship with this company working for different contracts and with different managers.
Productive Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2015
I worked for ICF as a Federal Contractor. My contract was with the Regional Director of HHS. I performed a wide variety of administrative duties such as travel arrangements, maintaining the daily calendar, scheduling meetings and lunches for all staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was coming into a work environment where all of the staff were hard-working, driven, and just really great to be around. I really enjoyed my job here.
Productive workplace that gives you freedom
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2015
ICF International is a company that allows their workers to grow in their position while also learning the field that they are working in. ICF will provide you with plenty of resources to help you with your job and then eventually allow you to take over and work on the project for yourself. The culture is very DIY, where co-workers can make their own hours (as long as they are not absurd) and they give you a task and entrust you with finishing that task in a reasonable time. There is a lot of trust within this company, very rarely do you have someone bothering you about where something is, I have never felt like I have had my co-workers breathing down my neck expecting my work to be done. The company culture is strong and very positive.
Pros
Make own hours (depending on the job), plenty of available resources to help with your job
Cons
As a contractor a job may only last so long until your services are no longer needed
Consulting Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2015
Your job security can be scary because your career opportunities depend on what contracts you get. I enjoyed the flexibility of the company and consulting nature of the business.
Pros
pay, flexibility
Cons
job security
Poor managment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  AtlantaJuly 27, 2015
The Management staff is untrained and unskilled, Unfair hiring process, Poor work conditions, no advancement and Stressful
Professional Atmosphere
Senior Associate/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 22, 2015
The culture and employee relations are very professional. To move up in the company you have to be a bit of an over achiever; spending long hours on project work.
Job very easy
Research‭ ‬Technician/Processor (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJuly 15, 2015
ICF, is more of a job for students just coming out if high school. It is a great place to work overall and has great paychecks, but mire of a young environment.
Opportunity to work across many projects, little advancement
Strategic Communications Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 2, 2015
Lower pay than it's competitors but a good place to start your career to gain experience. Difficult to advance without putting in many years. Hard working peers, but little support from top management and heads of divisions. The company's focus on acquiring new companies each year seems to detract from how much they put into their existing team.
Software Test Lead, QA Manager, Business Analyst
HHS Office of the Director, Bethesda (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 2, 2015
A typical day at work involved interacting with clients, management, and co-workers. We had daily scrum meetings, planning meetings, client demos at the end of each three week sprint, sprint reviews, lessons learned, and backlog reviews prior to each sprint.
Recently trained in Visual Studio 2013 Premium. The class was Introduction to coded UI testing with Visual Studio 2013.
The hardest part was so many simultaneous demands on the part of management, where we had to work continuously plus weekends without any recognition. The most enjoyable part was that the team worked very well together.
Pros
Ability to telecommute
Cons
Dental Benefits were not as good as my previous company
Data Collector/Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2015
I found the people I worked with professional and the work super interesting. ICF gets a lot of great contracts and the HR staff is very supportive and helpful.
If your hoping to make a 'career' in this company.. DONT
OUTBOUND CALL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMay 20, 2015
This company is for the 'company' and does nothing to motivate, encourage or reward the employees. They also do not stick with the agreements they make with their employees. I accepted a position in the outbound call department with the understanding, head of HR was present at this time, that I could ONLY work daytime hours due to my transportation arrangement and not 3months after doing so I was placed on night time shift which caused an attendance issue and termination! I had worked for this company for a little over 3yrs and this is how they treated me, even received 'employee of the month and high production certificates and this is how they rewarded me.
Pros
decent hourly pay for this area
Cons
no communications between management and employees, can not count on the company to stick with what they tell you, no real benifit to working with or for this company
productive and fun workplace
Survey Researcher (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMay 14, 2015
Working at ICF international is really interesting. there are lots of opportunities to move up to different job positions in a matter of months.
Never take someone's word. Make your own!
Data Entry/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  MartinsvilleMay 12, 2015
This is a fortune 500 company which has Great International locations and career opportunities and they are always looking to hire. The locations you able to go depend on you experience and general knowledge. The more documentation (diplomas and degrees) you can present the better. If you cannot present any of that - than like usually much, much hard work can land you a position you are looking for. Or the less favorable route....its all in who you know. Training is key right now as well as first and finals.
Pros
Managment
Cons
Managment
Just OK
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  CAMay 7, 2015
Far too much middle management. Upper management is completely disconnected from the rest of the company. Communication is poor.
Pros
Work life balance is good if you defend your time off
Cons
Compensation, professional development, lack of basic respect shown
Great Work Atmosphere
Energy Efficiency Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2015
Excellent company to work for! Throughly enjoy working with an excellent team of professionals. The company allows flexible schedules, and encourages team building exercises. The team works hard to reach the goals of the customers, and exceed those goals on a monthly bases.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICF. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6