ICI Employee Reviews

Diverse workplace
Warehouse/Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 9, 2016
Leads material management activities in multiple supply functions, such as, ordering, warehousing, issuing, equipment inventory/maintenance, receiving, stock control, mobility, etc.
Benefits
Cons
Job Security
Collaborative work environment
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2016
Typical day at work - sending or replying to emails, small team meetings, hosting and facilitating risk meetings with our virtual project teams, preparing risk reports and graphics for project briefs, consulting project managers on their project's risks, consulting with the Business Financial Management group on the current RDT&E obligation/expenditure status of project budget, initiating purchase requests to commit funds, reporting monthly project controls, execution, new funding requirements, internal realignments, burn rates, and funding gaps.

What I learned - that I am comfortable consulting team members across the country on all aspects of risk management, as I am the lead risk support for over 22 program projects

Senior leadership is accessible and easy to work with.
Co-workers collectively work great together as a team, cross-trained in each other's specific areas of responsibility, so as to always be able to expeditiously provide our customers what they need.

Hardest part of the job is rarely getting to meet my customers in person because we are a virtual organization.

Most enjoyable part of my job is the appreciation I receive for the support I provide and for the work products I deliver to my government customers.
Pros
Good benefits, able to work from home on occasion, great relationships with both senior leadership, customers, and co-workers
Cons
Contracts end when the work is complete
Great and professional company
Warehouse / Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 2, 2016
ICI, is a wonderful company to work for. The atmosphere of great talents coming together exemplifies the workplace. I enjoy the wealth of knowledge and various experiences.
Pros
team
Cons
healthcare exp
Very Unstructured work atmosphere
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2015
A typical day is to come and do whatever you want as long as you do the work. Management does not give any kind of feedback or training. When problems arise make you sure you have great problem solving skills because management will not get involved. No job security and you are seriously OVERWORKED with no thanks for all of hard work comments from management. They are only concerned about the bottom line, MAKING SURE THE COMANY MAKES MONEY.
Pros
You can work from home
Cons
work overload, unconcerned managers, lacks any kind of company structure
good
Casualty Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 21, 2015
World wide company with over 50,000 employees in North America. Extremely busy enviroment but team atmosphere between co workers and other internal departments. Great room for advancement and to further knowledge.
I work with a group of ex-military personel who knows their job very well. This is an enjoyable place to work with great working hours.
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Robins AFB, GaMay 7, 2015
Working for ICI at Robins Air Froce base is a great job. I have learn how to order parts for the C-130 Aircraft. The working hours are great with a great group of employees.
Pros
Great 401-K
Cons
short contract
Fun work place
Foreign Military Sales (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAApril 17, 2015
Interesting fun work place. Lot of travel. Interesting people.
Worked in the shipbuilding industry. was involved in ALL aspects of the build. Money, Vendors, sea trials ex.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
Todd laurin
Plumber / Pipe Fitter / Foreman (Former Employee) –  torontoMarch 30, 2015
the ici sector of the pipe trades has been my life For 25 years. i have learned a numerous amount of the trades and life. hopefully i can share this with you.
office enviorment
Sustainment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTJune 11, 2014
office job lots of computer work with DLA systems and excel and spread sheets.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
parking lot is a mile in a half walk from office
good company to work for
Installer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2013
install fixtures, cabinets, moldings, crown, trims, cash wraps, doors, base moldings, wall panels
Family owned
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2013
Managed sales team while running day to day operation. Supervised and negotiated all contracts. Handled all Workers Compensation and State Unemployment Tax Authority audits. Negotiated rates with health insurance carriers. Responsible for developing all leads and directed accounting, staffing, and payroll departments.

I learned the payroll business inside and out.

I was brought into manage the operation and I achieved real success.

My staff was wonderful to work with. I ran it like a family. We had single mothers whom needed time off for various reasons and I was quite flexible with the hours if the work was being completed.

The hardest part of the job was managing accounts receivable.

Getting new business was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Another day of Chaos
Wax prep/Machine operator (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 4, 2013
Some days were lax other days were frustrating. I learn how to operate high lifts, data entry, and how to organize a warehouse. the management was poor do to the fact that they waited last minute to inform us of work situations. Like incoming and outgoing materials and products. I associated with many and some I sometimes meet from time to time. Trying to make sure that the products that were ready to ship didn't get buried with all the other products and materials we had to store. Meeting knew people whether they were part of the company or not and hearing there stories about employment history.
Pros
you got 3 floating holidays to use a side from regular holidays
Cons
health care was mediocre and employee appreciation was lacking
supportive, helpful environment
Customer Service, purchasing, logistics Contact (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 11, 2013
I learned how to work under pressure and closely with customers, and multitask. i also realized the importance team work, good communication, and a proffessional attitude in order to be successfull.
Good People Not a bad place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrillville,INFebruary 13, 2013
Worked there for 2 and 1/2 years then was let go do due downsizing. Otherwise was a pretty fun place to work
Pros
meet allot of good people
Cons
corporate doesn't care about you
eusen ther busines vieculos and ther phone
Property Management Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2012
fun place se new people socialtim coperatibe and antusiasty

open fill owners coperation an this my wat to do our hat the wan
i tik full responsabilit lait may on busines
Pros
to habe house free full responsabilitys
Cons
good benefis good pay
Very good company to work for. Very fair. unlimited advancement opportunities
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 21, 2012
A very nice work environment. The company has unlimited advancement opportunities. The management is very fair and listens to their employees.
Pros
good salaries, very nice hours
Cons
some employees appear to get away with not working as hard as others.
fun place to work and they cared about you
Stationary Engineer / Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington,DeJune 18, 2012
I worked there for many years they treated like a real person
Pros
always improving
Cons
turned in to zeneca
Netherlands-based ICI Paints is the largest paint and coatings company in the world and is a major producer of specialty chemicals. It has 60,000 empl
Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 24, 2012
Co-Created account specific material, advertising displays, aisle and shelf talkers, including literature, co-op marketing, promotional activities with couponing private label product lines for world’s largest big box Do-It-Yourself retailer.
lack of work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 30, 2012
company went out of bussiness and did not pay any one their last pay check
Cons
chatoic