Icicle Seafoods, Inc. Employee Reviews

Personally this place was a nightmare
Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 2, 2018
This job was by far the 3rd most painful experience of my life. i do not recommend this job to anyone. This job is for the lowlifes who have hit rock bottom and cannot get back on their feet.
Ambiente muy bueno de trabajo
Poner el salmon para procesarlo (Former Employee) –  AlaskaDecember 20, 2017
Muy buena experiencia me gustaria podee nuevamente trabajr con ustedes
It a good place to work and work never finsh there love the timeing
Trimmer Operator (Former Employee) –  Egegik, AKqDecember 12, 2017
Where to start I love it there the coffee room the hospitality was excellent the staffs or very friendly bathroom good it OK for me I would love to have permanent job there
Pros
We get time to break to get some coffee are somting to eat
Cons
The breaking is ok good timing show how to manage your time at work
it was a really long time ago
Processor (Former Employee) –  Seward, AKDecember 2, 2017
It was a really long time ago, and I feel that I was treated fairly. Since I am required to write some kind of review I will just keep typing this sentence.
Easy work, a lot of easy hours with a few months out to sea.
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  AlaskaNovember 17, 2017
This job has a lot of room for growth if you're a person that can handle being away from land, internet and family for months at a time. A plus if you like seafood yourself, because sometimes the kitchen serves what we get during the season (Salmon during summer, Crab or Codfish during winter)
Pros
A lot of overtime if desired, room and board are free
Cons
You won't have a room to yourself, easy to get bored when there is no work to do.
Seasonal Work
Quality Grader/Lead Quality Grader (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 14, 2017
I worked at Icicle to take advantage of the travel opportunities. The work is hard and you can expect to work 12-16 hours a day, seven days a week for several months straight. The pay is not great but you get to see parts of the world you normally would not. This is a seasonal job (summer and winter). I would recommend this for college students trying to make a little money in the summer.
Pros
travel
Cons
pay
Hard
Fish processor, Engineer's Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 1, 2017
This is an extremely hard job with long hours in grueling locations. If you need money and can devote 6 months that money is so worth it. It can be very stressful
productive and fast paced
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seward, AKOctober 17, 2017
long days in the fishing season, repetitive job all day, cold, tiring, long days at times, worked anywhere from 8-21 hour days, back dock! counting and weighing fish, forklift driver
Pros
free food n board
Cons
long days
Great way to make fast money
Electrician, processor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 22, 2017
Job is what I expected, long days, lots of hours (dependent on fish) Grimmy work. By the time youre done you have a pretty large chunk of change, due to being somewhere you can't spend it, and the abundance of approved overtime (the whole point) 17-20 hours per day, OT after 8 and 40. It was great.
Pros
free meals, cheap board, lots of OT
Cons
remote location, (could be a pro). Body hurts when you're done
Lot of work hours/ no sick leave
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, AKSeptember 6, 2017
At 10$ an hour you would ha e to work 200 hours every pay period to make 2k. They have you work between 12 and 20 hours a day. And when you do work 20 hours in one day they have you show back to work with less than 6 hours off in a row
Very fun face paced work.
Crew member and mill supervisor (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, AKSeptember 3, 2017
It was very fun and very fast paced. Everything was done. quickly with great quality. The people were a bit stressful however but mostly due to long hours amd long days. Overall id recommend working for them.
Good Hours just to much
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Egegik, AKAugust 1, 2017
You get 18 Hours a day but its really taxing on the body and you're always fatigued. I wouldn't recommend working there. The people there are really nice but the work is decent just kills to work there.
Pros
Decent Food
Cons
Short Breaks
An excellent work environment with a very good salary
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, AKJuly 18, 2017
An excellent work environment with a very good salary and excellent scope of growth in a short time
The bosses, supervisors are friendly people and with an excellent working environment and professionalism there are no racist people and there is a lot of trust in people has a room for lunch and lunch 3 times a day, excellent work and work environment
Pros
cobra
Cons
Every 3 hours there is a break
Long non stop fast pace working.
Processor (Former Employee) –  AlaskaJuly 11, 2017
My experience at this fishery was long ours and 6 hours sleep schedule every single day of the week with breakfast, lunch, and dinner breaks. with 15 min breaks every 3 hours of work.
Pros
long ours= overtime
Cons
short breaks long days
The best part was being in Alaska and its people
Food processor-Grader-QA (Former Employee) –  Seward, AK 99664July 7, 2017
A typical day would be making sure I had fresh chemicals ready for the full day for hand dip and other employees followed by making sure the workers did there job position right and making sure the fish processing was doing swell followed by the product itself. I had to fill out at least 35 or more papers a day of observing and inspecting to show that there following the rules of the company and quality control.
Pros
Living with the workers
Cons
Seasonal
Great work environment
Dock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dillingham, AKJuly 7, 2017
loved the job only reason I do not work there anymore is due to getting married and finding job where I am from. management was great and they promote inside the company
Very fast paced
QMED Engineer on 300' Fish Processing Ship (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98199July 4, 2017
Worked on a large fish processing ship, the processing plant was in operation 24/7. It was a great experience. The smell of the ship was definitely something I was never able to get used to.
Pros
free meals
Cons
short staffed
fast paced
Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 30, 2017
To be in this field toughness is a requisite, and can be boring, but when the product comes in, the days go fast. this is definitely a younger mans job.
Pros
Room and board are inclued in wage package
Cons
long hours and odd schedules
good place to start working hard
Third Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 18, 2017
This company is a good Place To start Working Hard, When the seaon starts and if your lucky to go on a good year , you will be working 16 hrs a day every day for as long as 3 months. thats when you make money , other than that unless your key staff you dont work if theres no fish to process and if you dont work.. well no money
You'll never know what you are capable of until you try.
Line Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2017
This is a tough job where you can prove to yourself exactly what you are capable of and what you're worth, almost like the military. The shifts are 18 hours and you have the opportunity to work even longer than that (like I did, volunteering to stay for clean-up) . There is some down time when there aren't any crabs or fish to process, but you can volunteer to work in the galley. When you have a trawler off-loading their catch, be ready to work! The work can be boring and repetitive, but your co-workers will more than make up for it. I've met some beautiful people and wouldn't trade the experience for the world!
Oh! You are also fed incredibly well! During down time you will probably gain weight, as there is always great food in the galley, day and night! (Don't worry, you'll work it off)! If you're young and strong, don't miss the opportunity to test your mettle! It's a unique experience, and you will get out of it what you'll put into it!
NOTE: It's not just physical toughness needed to succeed, but mental & emotional toughness will help you to succeed and separate yourself from the rank and file.
Pros
Great people & great food!
Cons
Repetitive work in a cold and wet environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Icicle Seafoods, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Icicle Seafoods, Inc. Reviews by Location